Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780542 times)

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #19620 on: December 14, 2010, 04:01:47 PM »
I hated MTV. 

I loved Doug and Catdog too. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #19621 on: December 14, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »
Oh man, Mr. Gundam.  You missed so much good stuff.

I missed out on most of the Nickelodeon stuff because I didn't have that station as a kid.  :'(

Still managed to get Doug, The Rugrats, some Rocko's Modern Life, Catdog, and Ren & Stimpy though.
dog

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19622 on: December 14, 2010, 04:09:33 PM »
^ aren't you, like, too young to remember most of those shows?

That is unless you're Canadian, where some of those shows are still considered newish.

No, I was alive and watching television during the run of all those programs, save for some live-action sitcoms since I didn't like live actors. I was born in '91.

I loved Doug and Catdog too. 

I liked Doug when I was a kid, but when I went back to watch it I found it extremely boring. CatDog was a show that I watched every morning during a year of middle school and after seeing every episode multiple times the formula of the show began to wear on me.

I would've been an MTV kid but my parents didn't let me watch MTV because they thought it was too adult. After a while I just gave up on it and stuck with Nickelodeon, Disney and Comedy Central. Once TechTV came around that was pretty much all I watched.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:12:23 PM by Raban »
SRY

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19623 on: December 14, 2010, 04:19:43 PM »
Oh man, Mr. Gundam.  You missed so much good stuff.

I missed out on most of the Nickelodeon stuff because I didn't have that station as a kid.  :'(

Still managed to get Doug, The Rugrats, some Rocko's Modern Life, Catdog, and Ren & Stimpy though.
I was never a Ren and Stimpy fan.  I caught it too late as a kid (we didn't watch much tv to begin with, my dad married a crazy religious person who even thought the simpsons was too profane and my mom didn't have cable) and when I watched it years later I thought it was stupid.  I probably would have loved it as a kid though.

I haven't seen Doug since I was like 13.  Same with Catdog but I like repetitive things.

When we did end up getting cable my brother and sister were obsessed with MTV, but I thought it was stupid. (I was like 12 or something).

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19624 on: December 14, 2010, 04:23:38 PM »
Most of my memories of Ren & Stimpy, Catdog, The Rugrats, and Rocko's Modern Life come from family vacations during the summer when we'd stay at hotels and watch those shows in the morning before we left. So they're still really nostalgic for me, even though I never watched them very often.
dog

« Reply #19625 on: December 14, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »
I was born in 1981 (nine days after MTV went on the air). Ren and Stimpy was brilliant, but the rest of Nickelodeon's lineup didn't interest me.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19626 on: December 14, 2010, 04:28:44 PM »
Oh and Rocko's Modern Life is not funnier now.  It is fucking horrible now.  I wish I had kept my nostalgic memories instead of trying to rewatch it.

And Ahhhh! Real Monsters! used to be okay when I was younger.  It's so terrible now.

« Reply #19627 on: December 14, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »
My Nickelodeon live-action shows were stuff like The Adventures of Pete and Pete and You Can't Do that on Television.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19628 on: December 14, 2010, 04:42:28 PM »
All That, Kenan and Kel and Salute Your Short were awesome.  Alex Mack and Clarissa Explains It All were okay.  I had a crush on all the Nickelodeon girls (including Lori Beth Denberg) at some point.

« Reply #19629 on: December 14, 2010, 04:47:22 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember Clarissa Explains it All.
野球

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #19630 on: December 14, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »
I always hated Nickelodeon, save for Ren & Stimpy and Rocko - the only shows that were actually funny; yes, even then.  I was an MTV brat when most of those shows were airing.

I also thought it was mostly shit and avoided it although I did like early Spongebob.

M3wThr33

« Reply #19631 on: December 14, 2010, 05:20:48 PM »
Nickelodeon was good until they closed down their studios. Once they got rid of their game shows, SNICK, and the last of the original Nicktoons, it was dead. It just became a competitor/clone of the Disney Channel with stuff like iCarly.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19632 on: December 14, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
yeah but the chick from iCarly is pretty fuckable.  So is Arianna Grande and Victoria Justice.  So I'm okay with what it's become. 

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19633 on: December 14, 2010, 05:24:31 PM »
Oh and Rocko's Modern Life is not funnier now.  It is fucking horrible now.  I wish I had kept my nostalgic memories instead of trying to rewatch it.

Thank you. I have such a hard time talking to my friends about cartoons who always jump on Rocko's Modern Life like it was some fantastic, amazing, flawless show that still stands up today. No, it's actually complete shit. Seasons 1-3 of Spongebob > all of Rocko's Modern Life.
SRY

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #19634 on: December 14, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
i don't think they ever aired ren & stimpy where i live.... but they did rugrats,it wasn't pretty :-X
<----

Robo

« Reply #19635 on: December 14, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »
Spongebob is undoubtably better, but far too juvenile for me these days to watch outside of babysitting duties.  In truth, I remember very little of Rocko, so I can't speak for how it holds up, but I do recall sitting through episodes of Hey Arnold and DURRR! Real Monsters to catch it, so I hope it was worth it.

It's weird that I can remember more of the shows I couldn't stand - like David the fucking Gnome and the Smurfs - than the ones I actually liked.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:51:42 PM by Robo »
obo

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #19636 on: December 14, 2010, 05:51:44 PM »
That image is pretty cool.

Original Vivian Banks was better.

I loved Ren & Stimpy, Rock and Rugrats. I never really cared too much for the live action shows though.

real talk - I used to enjoy Sister, Sister :gloomy
itm

cool breeze

« Reply #19637 on: December 14, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »
Shawn from Boy Meets World was hustling through that entire show.  It was 95% hustling, 3% daddy issues, .5% girlfriend issues (college years), .5% brother issues (also college years), and 1% alcoholism.  But yeah, another season and they'd introduce a story about his eight dozen illegitimate kids.  There was even an episode where three girls captured him because he was cheating on all of them or something like that.

Feeny didn't get any until the college years  :'(

Himu

« Reply #19638 on: December 14, 2010, 06:01:46 PM »
that nostalgia image owned

I was an mtv AND nick brat
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19639 on: December 14, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »
By the way: No mention of The Wonder Years? Come on.

[youtube=560,345]-Ob59hsRaFU[/youtube]
dog

Himu

« Reply #19640 on: December 14, 2010, 06:02:37 PM »

I loved Ren & Stimpy, Rock and Rugrats. I never really cared too much for the live action shows though.

real talk - I used to enjoy Sister, Sister :gloomy

The Smart Guy dude.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #19641 on: December 14, 2010, 06:03:51 PM »
No mention of Animanics or Pinky and the Brain :(

Thank you. I have such a hard time talking to my friends about cartoons who always jump on Rocko's Modern Life like it was some fantastic, amazing, flawless show that still stands up today. No, it's actually complete shit. Seasons 1-3 of Spongebob > all of Rocko's Modern Life.

You are completely wrong. I have Rocko on netflix and it is still fucking hilarious.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19642 on: December 14, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »

yep yep yep

I couldn't get through season 1 of Rocko a couple of years ago and I was stoned out of my mind.  I was so excited beforehand.  Slightly disappointed but still hopeful a couple episodes in.  Bored and pissed at myself halfway through.

Himu

« Reply #19643 on: December 14, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »
No way. Rocko is still awesome. The episode where they buy the Suckomatic, or the one where Rocko joins that gym, or the one where Rocko goes shopping and all this crazy shit happens (Exxon Valdez :lol "clean up on aisle 3! clean up on aisle 3!").

Rocko and Ren and Stimpy are far more enjoyable as an adult for me, personally.

IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #19644 on: December 14, 2010, 06:58:56 PM »
I always hated Nickelodeon, save for Ren & Stimpy and Rocko - the only shows that were actually funny; yes, even then.  I was an MTV brat when most of those shows were airing.

Except change Rocko with Rugrats and add Cartoon Network toons.
Drunk

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19645 on: December 14, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »

real talk - I used to enjoy Sister, Sister

:bow
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19646 on: December 14, 2010, 07:11:51 PM »
[youtube=560,345]UbNtaa3HSgY[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]4mmCMUPCNgE[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]NC-mR5ZjSeI[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]ado7ohkLeg4[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]jLmf5IekxC0[/youtube]
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #19647 on: December 14, 2010, 07:32:27 PM »
i like johhny bravo the best,there is one episode where he teams up with adam west and it's full of obvious batman jokes

also since we are once again talking about this...

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19648 on: December 14, 2010, 07:39:56 PM »
i like johhny bravo the best,there is one episode where he teams up with adam west and it's full of obvious batman jokes

Here it is:

http://www.mojvideo.com/video-johnny-bravo-johnny-meets-adam-west/6753a6b74a3dbce9e275
dog

etiolate

« Reply #19651 on: December 14, 2010, 09:21:47 PM »
mostly real women though

Bebpo

« Reply #19652 on: December 14, 2010, 09:49:17 PM »
hot hot women

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19653 on: December 14, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »
That image needed a Raffi reference.
©@©™

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
:9

Himu

« Reply #19655 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:16 PM »
IYKYK

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #19656 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33:43 PM »

real talk - I used to enjoy Sister, Sister

It actually annoys me, the original Vivian was a cold hearted bitch if you crossed her and you could understand why Phil would cower at her. Second Vivian was a nice homely housewife who you couldn't believe would ever strike fear into anyone.

Also I was sad when they got to the season of Sister, Sister where the neighbour kid grew up and his voice broke. It wasn't the same
itm

Himu

« Reply #19657 on: December 14, 2010, 10:37:05 PM »
Ray? That kid was from the rnb group Immature.

[youtube=560,345]bL4mgsRp6KQ[/youtube]

btw

[youtube=560,345]1ao917vphCo[/youtube]

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:39:27 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19659 on: December 14, 2010, 11:18:20 PM »
dog

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19660 on: December 14, 2010, 11:38:04 PM »

If you like this, I have the entire soundtrack to the show. PM if you want it.
SRY

Himu

« Reply #19661 on: December 15, 2010, 01:01:15 AM »

If you like this, I have the entire soundtrack to the show. PM if you want it.

gimme
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #19662 on: December 15, 2010, 01:37:54 AM »
[youtube=560,345]cNH3CiyDA1U[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]OhbWZu80EcY[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]Emhb_ETsyb4[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]ZAsTu1wQ-20[/youtube]

:bow THE BEST

:bow EVER
IYKYK

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #19663 on: December 15, 2010, 10:13:11 AM »
Some next level shit, skip ahead about a minute:

vjj

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #19664 on: December 15, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »
[youtube=560,345]YHjK33RchEE[/youtube]
地平線

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19665 on: December 15, 2010, 10:25:05 AM »
SPACE GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!

[youtube=560,345]vN6P6KTaNn0[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]pd06yivxKT4[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]BKPaZb5RCt8[/youtube]
dog

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #19666 on: December 15, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
CBG

Himu

« Reply #19667 on: December 15, 2010, 11:56:49 AM »
SPACE GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!

[youtube=560,345]vN6P6KTaNn0[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]pd06yivxKT4[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]BKPaZb5RCt8[/youtube]

when i was a kid i liked cartoon planet more than space ghost: c2c
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19668 on: December 15, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
Yeah, I think I did too. Cartoon Planet was wackier and more kid-oriented [plus :bow Brak's songs :bow2], while C2C had somewhat more adult-oriented content. Still really liked both though.
dog

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19669 on: December 15, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »
:bow @ everything from Space Ghost

:bow Mike Lazzo
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19670 on: December 15, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »
:bow George Lowe :bow2
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19671 on: December 15, 2010, 01:09:06 PM »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19672 on: December 15, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #19673 on: December 15, 2010, 01:12:25 PM »
i

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #19674 on: December 15, 2010, 01:58:45 PM »
[youtube=560,345]ja_XPSFycdw[/youtube]

the best.

Raban

• The baby...
SRY

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #19676 on: December 15, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »
[youtube=560,345]ysvZ-Eb213Y[/youtube]

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19677 on: December 15, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »
I FORGOT PAVEMENT WAS ON SPACE GHOST

I JUST CAME EVERYWHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE
SRY

Himu

« Reply #19678 on: December 15, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »
[youtube=560,345]ja_XPSFycdw[/youtube]

the best.

ahahahaha
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #19679 on: December 15, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »