Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781158 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #20100 on: December 31, 2010, 03:48:19 PM »
Amazing game, very few flaws
Great game, few flaws
Fine game, some flaws
Bad game, lots of flaws
Awful game, riddled with flaws

And there you go.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #20101 on: December 31, 2010, 03:51:12 PM »
the only time a review has ever swayed me to a purchase is deadly premonition

that fat bastard jim sterling slobbered all over it, and i watched a video of some nutty dude talking to himself, then went out that afternoon to buy it
sup

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #20102 on: December 31, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »
[youtube=560,345]#![/youtube]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20103 on: December 31, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »
the only time a review has ever swayed me to a purchase is deadly premonition

that fat bastard jim sterling slobbered all over it, and i watched a video of some nutty dude talking to himself, then went out that afternoon to buy it

I knew nothing about Deus Ex, hated the demo. I didn't follow any pre-release hype (was there any?).

Then I read 9879234 glowing reviews saying it is best game ever and caved in and bought it.

It is my personal best game ever.

Sometimes reviews help, accent on REviews not PREviews paid by publishers.

Just come here, Evilbros will tell you which games are good.  8)
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #20104 on: December 31, 2010, 06:12:58 PM »
[youtube=560,345]#![/youtube]

I WANT A KITTY
IYKYK

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #20106 on: December 31, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »
4 star systems is best system

I agree.  I'm a bit guilty of the above pic and so I'm planning on changing into the 4 star system for 2011.  I use 4 star system for movies but I've been doing game ratings on 10 point forever so been stuck to it.  But when I post reviews on gaf for the last few years I use letters instead (A = top notch game, B = flawed but good, C = average, D = terrible)

My 10 star for games has pretty much been this (which is why I'm changing over):
1-5 = reserved for sonic games
6 = terrible game
7 = bad to average game
8.1-8.4 = flawed but solid game
8.5-8.9 = good game
9 = great game
9.1-9.5 = amazing
9.6-10 = classic

mess of a scale but I blame decade of reading IGN/Gamespot/game media reviews using that scale and trying to adept to the norm

My new scale and what I use for movies is:
* sucks (sonic score)
** worse than average but has some redeeming value
**1/2 average
*** good
***1/2 great
**** fantastic

Himu

« Reply #20107 on: December 31, 2010, 11:41:35 PM »
actually i meant 5 scale:

1 - bad
2 - fair
3 - good
4 - great
5 - amazing
IYKYK

Skidmark

« Reply #20108 on: December 31, 2010, 11:52:36 PM »
My problem is not the measurement system used whether it is A,B,C, 1,2,3/10, 84%, 4 stars. My problem is that a lot of he games that I check reviews for end up somewhere around or above 9.0 on a 10 scale. Movies on Imdb are usually somewhere between 4.0 and 7.5 so its easier to tell by how much the movie is better enjoyed by the viewers than 9.3/10 and 9.4/10 for different videogames.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I don't really care about the scoring system.

I often judge a review by the review itself, not the score.  Not because it is the cool thing to do (by ignoring scores) but it gives good insight as to where the reviewer is coming from.  If the reviewer can't get basic gameplay features right or why things are done the way they are done, then the review is shit, regardless of whether it had a score or not.  If the review is chock full of nostalgic whimsy of their halcyon days where it was ok to think girls had cooties and how SMB was da coolest!1!!, then the review is meaningless, with or without a score.

It is relatively easy to suss out those who played it for at least a few hours and tried to understand the mechanics and those who played just enough to get some screencaps and videocaps.
🍆🍆

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Honestly, reviews are pretty worthless when word of mouth exists on the internet. The only real purpose they serve is feces for fanboyz to fling at one another.
___

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Honestly, reviews are pretty worthless when word of mouth exists on the internet. The only real purpose they serve is feces for fanboyz to fling at one another.

I agree with this.  Although with some major releases, I tend to wait a bit for the hype to die down so I can get an accurate picture of what the game is like.
🍆🍆

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I'd rather see what people on EB are saying about a game than what the number is at GameRankings.
dog

pilonv1

I'd rather see what people on EB are saying about a game than what the number is at GameRankings.

Exactly, otherwise you'd never know what a great game Demolition Company is!
itm

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
[youtube=560,345]tPg1ZMiC9pA[/youtube]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
I see your roboplow and raise you

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
that must've taken a lot of prep time
___

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
amazing picture!

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

Exactly, otherwise you'd never know what a great game Demolition Company is!

Evilbros play games, not metacritic scores. :rock
©@©™

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
nat

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
No

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
(Image removed from quote.)

I really wish I could set that poof on fire, since "a punch in the face" has already been achieved.
Unzip

Phoenix Dark

I'd smash that so hard

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
I'd rather smash you.
Unzip

Himu

I just want GTA to be fun again, serious story has nothing to do with anything.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

Honestly I see the debate as moot. Even if you don't like the direction of GTA there is Saints Row. Or multiple other open world franchises. You have a genre that seems to be working and accommodates multiple different styles of games (whether any specific one is your favorite or not is a different debate) Gamers always claim what they want is variety in the market. Instead it always seem like certain gamers only want what they want from every existing franchise out there. 

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:02:33 PM by Stoney Mason »

Himu

I agree about your idea on gamers. Personally I love variety an "different" but what matters most is what I find to be fun. I just like GTA. Don't care If they take it in a serious direction so long as it's fun. RDR is serious and it's fun. I can get Saints Row 2 but it's not GTA.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

I agree about your idea on gamers. Personally I love variety an "different" but what matters most is what I find to be fun. I just like GTA. Don't care If they take it in a serious direction so long as it's fun. RDR is serious and it's fun. I can get Saints Row 2 but it's not GTA.

I mostly agree. Whether GTA 5 is "serious" or not isn't the biggest factor in whether it will be good or not. RDR is "serious" and that's very good and enjoyable but the game is great because its a very good and enjoyable game. Both add up to help each other. GTA can be "serious". But they also need to implement a very high fun factor. I'm in the minority on forums that liked GTA 4 but I'll fully admit RDR is the much much better game. Because while its "serious" it still realizes its a game and has great game mechanics in place. If the next GTA wants to be received on that level the game mechanics and fun factor has to at least equal RDR.

San Andreas is the still the best GTA game. That doesn't mean you have to make a San Andreas clone. It does mean you have to realize why that game was so popular though and put that level of creativity and effort into the package.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:14:32 PM by Stoney Mason »

pilonv1

RDR is serious and it's fun. I can get Saints Row 2 but it's not GTA.

I know, it's better.
itm

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
plus you had to date your friends
sup

cool breeze

whatever they choose to do, they need a consistent tone throughout the game and story.  Mafia 2 had a serious story and the gameplay felt appropriate.  Saints Row 2 goes for pure fun and when you're base jumping through a building, it makes sense.  GTA4 was really jarring because sometimes it was going on a date and the next you were killing people in a helicopter and fighting armies of thugs; the mechanics didn't suit either task well.  I thought Lost and Damned was the best out of the GTA4 package because it was more contained, and that was almost completely a series game/dlc.

though, I'd prefer it if they had more fun with it.  And while I doubt they'd do it, I'd rather have a good free roaming game set outside of America.  Maybe Agent will be that game...if it still exists.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Shuri

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
This chick is  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Shuri

LUCIANA  :-* :-* :-* :-*

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:15:35 AM by Shuri »

Shuri

REFRESH THREAD FOR THEM LEGS  ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:18:36 AM by Shuri »

Shuri

And she's actually talented as hell. She's a massive graphical artist with tons of published work (she also made cd covers for lots of artists) and has an interesting career featuring all sorts of vocal styles. She did all the art for that video I linked to.

Shuri

SHE IS!

Shuri

I MUST COPULATE WITH THIS FEMALE.

Shuri

ME TOO. THATS HOW SHE LIKES IT. SHE TOLD ME IN HER SEXY ACCENT

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Goddammit creeps
sad

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
That song sucks :yuck she is indeed crazy hot though :drool
Drunk

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
GTA IV had way more problems than just being serious, I've said it so much that I don't have to anymore. So I'll summarize, terrible controls, repetitive missions, the whole world was shades of brown and grey, the driving was annoying, characters were boring and uninteresting, story was stupid, no variety at all. Pretty much everything that was good about the old GTA's was either taking out or dumbed down. GTA IV is a 4/10, a 1 1/2 stars out of 4. The single most overrated game ever made.

Yeah, that pretty much nails it. I got the Episodes from Liberty City DLC because everyone said it had better story and better characters and that was true BUT playing it again reminded me of all the other things I didn't like and which the DLC did not fix.
dog

Stoney Mason

Must be a white guy thing...

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man

She kind has that Drea De Matteo look. I think its the eyebrows.

:drool
:9

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
she looks really old in the face
nat

Beezy

Must be a white guy thing...
She's smash worthy in some pics...

she looks really old in the face
Oh god, I had the same thought as fistful. :-\

Phoenix Dark

t-girls :bow

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Abuses makeup, but I guess she's ok.
fat

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man

t-girls :bow

Took me a minute to realize what T-girls meant but I so agree :lol :drool
:9

Shuri

:lol my Luciana appreciation thread bombed at neogaf. Two bombastic threads in a row! I made another thread yesterday about a series of youtube videos of japanese gamers visiting an american arcade and creaming their pants, and i got like 3 replies.

I'm done with that forum.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
nat

Himu

:lol my Luciana appreciation thread bombed at neogaf. Two bombastic threads in a row! I made another thread yesterday about a series of youtube videos of japanese gamers visiting an american arcade and creaming their pants, and i got like 3 replies.

Post the American arcade video plz
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I didn't know demi directed a music video! :bow2

[youtube=560,345]ABqh9N-Mw5E[/youtube]
©@©™

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3

So you do it for the attention?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
sad

chronovore

• relapsed dev

The one in the middle, the one one her left cause she looks innocent, the one on her right is decent. The two on the far left and right are a no go, when is a porker and the other looks like a botched sex change.

From left to right

(snip)
5. This is why McDonald's in Japan is ruining everything. Final Judgement : "Sexually active" Frigs self at night with Chocolate bar that she then eats, sobs into pillow. Will marry coloured "American" man.... from Nigeria.

:epiclol

Phoenix Dark

THE BEST PART OF A BIG BOOK
The story so far: Tupac Shakur is hot for Kelly, a high-school classmate. Unfortunately for Tupac, she has a boyfriend, Eskiah. Fortunately for Tupac, Eskiah is gay. . . .

Kelly got extremely high, and was loosening up rapidly. . . . But Eskiah continued foiling his ways. So Tupac devised a plan. He pulled Eskiah to the side. “Let me fuck Kelly. And I’ll let you fuck me,” was his proposal. The rest Tupac re-enacted for me at the scene of the crime:

I’m on the bed like this, fuckin the shit outta Kelly. And she kept saying, “My throat, my throat!” [At this point, I began to laugh, and told him I knew for a fact he was telling the truth. Remembering some of the other things she had said, I was like, did she say this? and, did she say that? He replied yes. . . . Man! we laughed.] . . . Eskiah touched the back of my leg, like, “Okay. When’s my turn?” I was like, “Hold up! Hold up! Let me finish first and you get your turn!” smackin his hand off my leg. . . . I told him, “You must be outta your fuckin mind if you think I’m uh let you do something to me.” I told him, “Fuck you. You’re crazy.” He was all like, “You lied to me,” like a ole bitch. . . .

Eskiah had returned to school bitter, and went about spreading the false rumor . . . that he had fucked Tupac. By the time the year ended, the rumor was all around school. But I knew the truth, and Kelly confirmed what Tupac told me.
http://www.blender.com/guide/books/67002/back-in-day-my-life-times-with-tupac-shakur.html

:rofl :rofl :rofl

etiolate

awesome

I was rooting for kitty in first pic, was like fuck yeah in second gif

kitty >> another ho trying to back 2 the 80s futar