9 (10.1%)
Green Shinobi
40 (44.9%)
Kosma
34 (38.2%)
Methodis
6 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Annihilatee of the Year 2009  (Read 15833 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Annihilatee of the Year 2009
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
I wasn't sure who I wanted to vote for until I read this thread.
©@©™

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2009, 03:08:16 PM »
Green Shinobi is trying to mount a comeback so he can win the poll. He just can't take someone else getting all the glory. :teehee
PSP

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »
Everyone who doubted James Cameron.
nat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2009, 03:10:04 PM »
Everyone who doubted James Cameron.

Added Willco to the poll
fat

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2009, 03:11:49 PM »
I voted for myself.
PSP

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2009, 03:17:18 PM »
MMA

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2009, 03:21:42 PM »
Green Shinobi has gone mental now. :rofl

I guess this is what happens when you listen to too much Muse.
PSP

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »
We need to flush agl the votes and start over

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2009, 03:24:42 PM »
Kosma's vote is tainted by America's cultural and ethical inferiority complex to Europa.
i

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
You're a joke, Boogie. The constant jolts from horseback riding have ruined your brain like a Mongol girl's hymen.

I'm not the one who repeatedly abuses legal terminology whilst having no idea what they mean.
MMA

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2009, 03:29:40 PM »
You're a joke, Boogie. Why don't you go back to CANADA with your MUSCULAR BODY and WELL-PAYING JOB THAT PROTECTS SOCIETY.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2009, 03:38:52 PM »
What did you major in... self-annihilation? :smug
PSP

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2009, 03:41:48 PM »
I'm not the one who repeatedly abuses legal terminology whilst having no idea what they mean.

Yes, I have no idea what the U.S. Constitution is. When I minored in Political Science, we never once went over that.

Ouch.

Why would you publically admit to having a minor in Poli Sci after all you've been through on here?  Better just to hide it and plead a lack of education as the explanation for your ignorance...

I mean, at least FoC has a film degree as an excuse for his shenanigans.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and are you that dense, or just being obtuse, thinking that I was referring to the US Constitution, and not your repeated misuse of terminology like "mere suspicion"?
[close]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 03:45:11 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2009, 03:43:07 PM »
Yeah, putting Methodis in the same poll as Green Shinobi is an insult to... Kosma?
:rofl

©ZH

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2009, 03:48:37 PM »
No-knock searches are constitutional when there are exigent circumstances. The problem is that the exigent circumstances exceptions have been interpreted loosely, leading to too many of these kinds of searches

Re: Founding Father's Intent
They did not share a unified intention that is discoverable. Even if they did, their intent would be unhelpful because they could not have possibly have foreseen contemporary legal and social problems that simply did not exist when the Constitution was framed.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »
Plus most of the southerners still wanted slaves, so they would support armed forces enterring looking for blackies.
USA

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2009, 03:52:15 PM »
Yeah, except Malek says they're NOT unconstitutional.
yar

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »

How did I misuse it? Can the case against anyone where there is no hard evidence be considered anything more than mere suspicion? You're a joke.

N/m, Malek summed it up perfectly. Except that I believe their intent is discoverable in many cases.

Show me whatever relevant American law section allows a judge to authorize a search warrant.  If that section puts the legal basis for a search warrant as "mere suspicion", I'll post pictures of my dick.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
no I won't
[close]

But I would be willing to guess that American law is written similar to Canada's in regards to searches.

Quote from:  Section 487 of the Criminal Code of Canada
(1) A justice who is satisfied by information on oath in Form 1 that there are reasonable grounds to believe that there is in a building, receptacle or place

(a) anything on or in respect of which any offence against this Act or any other Act of Parliament has been or is suspected to have been committed,
(b) anything that there is reasonable ground to believe will afford evidence with respect to the commission of an offence against this Act or any other Act of Parliament, or
(c) anything that there are reasonable grounds to believe is intended to be used for the purpose of committing any offence against the person for which a person may be arrested without warrant,
may at any time issue a warrant under his hand authorizing a person named therein or a peace officer,
(d) to search the building, receptacle or place for any such thing and to seize it, and
(e) subject to any other Act of Parliament, to, as soon as practicable, bring the thing seized before, or make a report in respect thereof to, the justice or some other justice for the same territorial division in accordance with section 489.1 .
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 04:00:17 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »
Yeah, except Malek says they're NOT unconstitutional.

:lol

also except that Malek's second paragraph is essentially a much-better worded version of my point on the previous page. :lol

That, and the provisions of a search warrant have NOTHING to do with whether a police officer can or cannot "point a pistol at your head " regardless of whether it's a no-knock warrant or not.
MMA

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »
I can't wait until a week from now, after Boogie has thoroughly destroyed Green Shinobi (who may or may not be dead after a suicidal drug overdose), to rename this thread "Green Shinobi annihilates himself, then Boogie annihilates him more" and send it to the HALL.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2009, 04:09:21 PM »
You've already lost the same argument before, and you're doing pretty good right now, so I don't think that's a real question.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2009, 04:15:14 PM »
You've already lost the same argument before, and you're doing pretty good right now, so I don't think that's a real question.

Pretty sure I'm annihilating Boogie at the moment, but you've always been known to display ridiculous biases and a general close-mindedness.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »
Self-annihilation for what? Saying that it has a weak script and it retreads tired plot devices, and having people agree with me? :lol

Maybe you are a recreational cocaine user. It would explain the delusions.
PSP

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2009, 04:27:57 PM »
I have said that I agree with the use of no-knock warrants when there is a good reason for them (i.e. the suspect has a history of violent crime, is known to possess firearms, etc).

Do you really want me to quote-mine all the times where you said you believe that no-knock warrants are inherently unconstitutional?

When a judge signs a warrant authorizing a search, that search can be carried out in a number of ways. It can be carried out with a knock on the front door and a contingent of police officers who then enter the premises in a nonviolent manner,

Yes, it can. And the manner of entry is often done according to a risk assessment.  Guess what?  "Drugs" tend to make the risk level go through the roof, much moreso than searching for bank records at an accountant's office.

or it can be carried out by a team in riot gear that breaks down the front door with a battering ram

Riot gear would be very counterproductive executing a search warrant. :lol

and uses military tactics to subdue everyone in the dwelling place before searching for whatever it is they're looking for.

New Evilbore drinking game!  Take a shot every time Green Shinobi writes "military tactics" in a police thread!  You'll be dead of alcohol poisoning before it hits page 3!

I think you have some long term memory issues, GS, because we thoroughly went over the topic of hard entries and securing buildings for officer safety reasons in the first round back in April.  I suggest you go back and read up.

What Malek is saying is that the latter method is used in some cases where "exigent circumstances" are very loosely applied.

He also said that intent of the founding fathers is "unhelpful", so he's really agreeing more with me than you, I'd think.

Furthermore, no matter what "reasonable grounds" there are to believe that someone is committing a crime, he is still just a suspect until proven guilty in a court of law.

And how is that relevant to the subject of search warrants?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 04:41:10 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2009, 04:33:45 PM »
Holy fuck, last minute bid!  Kosma, quick do something to set yourself
up for annihilation

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2009, 04:38:10 PM »

Pretty sure I'm annihilating Boogie at the moment,

So, GS, what has changed this time from last, then, to make you go from this:

You know what, I'll admit it. Boogie rebuffed my arguments pretty well. His arguments were based on absolute facts. 

to this:

Pretty sure I'm annihilating Boogie at the moment,

in the span of a week?

Help me out, 'cause I'm just getting a weird feeling of deja vu, as if I'm running around and around in circles, retreading the same course of events that we've already gone through...

MMA

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »
Now convinced GS and Boogie actually have a secret pact going to enable them to carry off the Annihilatee AND Annihilator titles with this wildly-entertaining last minute flurry. Good luck boys! You're gaining fast!
vjj

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »
Only been back three days and I already know Green Shinobi is the winner of this.
PS4

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2009, 07:30:08 PM »
why did my name get mentioned by you green shinobi?  fuck ya
püp

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2009, 07:50:04 PM »
why did my name get mentioned by you green shinobi?  fuck ya

I annihilated you pretty badly also.
USA

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »
Let's not forget one of the most awesomely nonsensical posts of all time ever:  "They exist because they do."  Mandark pretty well twisted JayDubya into a pretzel of logical dumbness in that thread and he's yet to recover.

We actually held off on releasing that until December, in order to get the attention of the Academy.

I think it didn't make the list because it's kind of a ripoff of the awesome FoC/Patel melt value posts.  A libertarian pretends that some social construct (the value of gold, legal rights) is an intrinsic truth, and looks silly in the process.

Kosma's annihilations were more individually memorable and he's taken it with good humor.  Green Shinobi's were more frequent and involve a lack of perspective, emotional control, and self-awareness.  I'm not sure what the voting criteria was meant to be, so I tossed GS a vote to keep it close.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2009, 08:21:22 PM »
Part of the fun in weed is observing that dude who paces about the apartment and says "shit man shit oh man, I think it's the cops!" whenever a car passes by the building. And then when he finally calms down, you storm into the room, point at that dude and say "dood, it's the cops!"

Drugs wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without the fear of the man. I'd imagine that my opinion would be different had I ever been a dealer or powder addict.

Yeah, it's off-topic, but whatever.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 08:25:10 PM by duckman2000 »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2009, 08:40:31 PM »
If you could just be more of a dick about it, Kosma, you'd have this thing wrapped up. I hate to see someone fall short of their potential. What buttons do we have to push, dammit!
vjj

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »
Can I get a link to this melt value thread?

drew

• sy
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2009, 09:20:15 PM »
I annihilated you pretty badly also.

id like to see you try to annihalate me

id run limp circles around you

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2009, 08:45:01 AM »
Wow, this thread turned out much better than I ever imagined :lol , and it looks like its producing several GS meltdowns.

Edit: although thinking about it , you know it does kind of suck being put in the same category as GS and Methodis. I'd always though I was more of the court jester type of poster.
Sorry about that. I think you're one of the best posters on the forum  :-*
jon

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2009, 09:07:56 AM »
🍆🍆

Powerslave

« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2009, 09:46:28 AM »
Borys gets annihilated on a regular basis by me.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »
How are you not in this poll for your self-annihilation in the Avatar thread anyway?
I'm not saying Willco sank his own battleship in that thread -- because I got bored and stopped following it -- but I will say that this poll is more about embarrassing one's self repeatedly, perhaps even habitually. Liars, drama queens, zealots, and people who believe imaginary social constructs would work out just fine if only we were all allowed to just look after our own interests without interference from government tend to fall into that role.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »
you are annihilating yourself right now.

Barry Egan

« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2009, 12:25:38 PM »
I just looked it up to make sure.  Still seems applicable. 

Kestastrophe

« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2009, 12:27:21 PM »
Best Christmas gift ever :lol
jon

Barry Egan

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2009, 12:36:19 PM »
The only thing more amazing then Green Shinobi's ability to self-annihilate is his inability to win recognition for it, which somehow further cements his mastery.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2009, 02:56:25 PM »
lmao

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2009, 05:10:26 PM »
The only thing more amazing then Green Shinobi's ability to self-annihilate is his inability to win recognition for it, which somehow further cements his mastery.

:cookiem
乱学者

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »
Oh shut the fuck up. No one has ever come close to annihilating me on this forum. When Mandark twists JayDubya into a complete logical gridlock, that is annihilation. I've never been subjected to anything even close to that.

And chronovore, where do you get the idea that I'm a libertarian? I'm a pretty hardcore progressive, except for my stance on drugs.
That wasn't about you, it was about FoC. It isn't always about you. Here, let me say it again: It isn't always about you. Which is the key component in how you are a self-annihilation masterpiece.

Kestastrophe

« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »
Maybe I'm just an old-timer here, but back in my day if we wanted to annihilate someone, we had to actually prove him wrong on something, or really make him look like an idiot.We couldn't just string any random words together and then yell "annihilated!" like you people seem to want to do. We would certainly never claim that someone was annihilated when an argument ended in a stalemate, but we happened to agree with one side more than the other.
:-X
jon

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »
"I hope your tree burns down."  :lol

The master of self-annihilation has spoken. :rofl
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2009, 06:27:32 PM »
I didnt vote for you
fat

Kestastrophe

« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2009, 06:37:41 PM »
I was on the fence, but you've earned my vote Green Shinobi  ;)
jon

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2009, 08:19:36 PM »
There is a reason I ignore Green Shinobi.

XDF

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2009, 08:28:11 PM »
I thought you were leaving?

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »
Yes, because you're a fucking idiot.

lol, because I'm the one who doesn't realize when i'm getting annihilated  ::) :lol
XDF

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2009, 08:30:39 PM »
 Green Shinobi got SO ANNIHILATED he is actually leaving the forum.  I can't see how anybody else could be the winner of this poll.
PS4

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2009, 03:11:09 AM »
I'd like to this annihilation to you, the master of getting Annihilated.
wha

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2009, 03:48:40 AM »
Holy fuck GS you really need to take a break from here.

I hope you keep to your word.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2009, 09:03:35 AM »
Holy fuck GS you really need to take a break from here.

I hope you keep to your word.

He's already proven pathologically incapable of doing so.  It's a shame, cause he could be a decent poster if he didn't have an OCD need to "defend his intelligence" or whatever.  It's the internet, brah- I've been called stupid by 13 year old idiot children and some of the time they were likely right.  Roll with the fucking punches you big fucking baby.
yar

Powerslave

« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2009, 09:04:27 AM »
I'm gonna like GS from now on just because all you guys hate him, and you're all faggots.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2009, 09:06:56 AM »
I'm gonna like GS from now on just because all you guys hate him, and you're all faggots.

You're just jealous none of us want your simple ass.
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2009, 09:09:01 AM »
Good, Powerslave, you can hang out with Green Shinobi the next twenty-four hours for going around the word filter. Why do people do this?
PSP