Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3053134 times)

kingv

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #20640 on: November 19, 2018, 08:46:42 AM »
I played Sea of Thieves with my buddy yesterday. Holy shit, that game is fun.

We had like 5 rewards that we needed to turn in when we came across these two dudes. They were friendly and needed a ride back to their boat. I was extremely hesitant but my buddy is a softy. We delivered them back to their ship and got deeeestroyed.

Have they added a lot to this now?

Himu

« Reply #20641 on: November 19, 2018, 10:58:47 AM »
I won it all in Fortnite last night with my daughter. She’s 6, 😂.

We spent the whole match just riding the 4 wheelers, and the last team killed  themselves in the storm with a little help.

cute
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #20642 on: November 19, 2018, 11:16:19 AM »

We spent the whole match just riding the 4 wheelers, and the last team killed  themselves in the storm with a little help.

cute

First time I have ever won too. I’m not very good st Twitch shooters anymore. Last one I actually was good at was Quake.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #20643 on: November 19, 2018, 12:37:07 PM »
I played Sea of Thieves with my buddy yesterday. Holy shit, that game is fun.

We had like 5 rewards that we needed to turn in when we came across these two dudes. They were friendly and needed a ride back to their boat. I was extremely hesitant but my buddy is a softy. We delivered them back to their ship and got deeeestroyed.

Have they added a lot to this now?

I have no clue. I paid no attention to it when it released because 1st person games give me motion sickness. My buddy talked me into playing it.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #20644 on: November 19, 2018, 03:11:37 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20646 on: November 19, 2018, 08:08:30 PM »

smh casuals

you better not have let her use any of the pirated emoticons and dances

kingv

« Reply #20647 on: November 20, 2018, 12:32:59 AM »
Only the one with the tit physics.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #20648 on: November 20, 2018, 06:45:23 AM »

Is that indie? That's the most impressive job application I've ever seen if they're doing that independently.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20649 on: November 20, 2018, 09:26:59 AM »
Dunno if it's all the same people, but this is a project that's been in development for 14 years. I think they've been working on the Xen part of the game for at least the past 6 years.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20650 on: November 20, 2018, 05:14:26 PM »
When I see anything Kingdom Hearts I always have two questions
1) WTF is going on?
2) Who greenlit this?

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1064881296915095552
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20651 on: November 21, 2018, 07:23:30 AM »
Got Borys' favourite wrpg. Hope it's worth 40 eurobucks.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #20654 on: November 21, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »
Got Borys' favourite wrpg. Hope it's worth 40 eurobucks.

At least it didn’t cost real money  :rollsafe :trumps

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20655 on: November 22, 2018, 10:14:32 AM »
Got my 7 year old nephew The Messenger on the Switch. Hope it ain't too hard.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20656 on: November 22, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »
dog

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #20657 on: November 24, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »
I thought the new Anno was going to be released around this time of the year.

Turns out, it's scheduled for late Feb 2019. Fuck this.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20658 on: November 24, 2018, 03:33:28 PM »
Hey Ubisoft. I know you're listening. Hear me out.

You know the studio that made the Shadow of the Colossus remake?

How about a Splinter Cell: Re-ignited. The first 3 games. Keep the gameplay. Upgrade the graphics.

Thank you.

benjipwns

« Reply #20659 on: November 24, 2018, 07:44:25 PM »
Dear HardcoreRetro,

So you're saying you want a set of PS2 ports with the resolution upped and a janky framerate?

Also no multiplayer obviously.

On it,
Ubisoft

Himu

« Reply #20660 on: November 25, 2018, 11:14:27 AM »
Chaos theory :hyper
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20661 on: November 25, 2018, 11:23:34 AM »

Looks kinda fun, but, Compile Heart  :-X

Will probably have a bunch of repetitive areas, tons of grinding, and packed to the brim with nonsensical 'systems'.
^_^

Shuri

« Reply #20662 on: November 25, 2018, 09:47:39 PM »
Radiant SIlvergun.

I finally got around playing it, a friend of mine let me borrow his sega stv copy of it. I played it a bunch all week, but for some reasons it's not fully clicking with me.

Love the presentation, the art style and design is amazing, but the gameplay mechanics are super over the top. You have 6 (?) different attacks depending on the 1-2-3 button combos. Hold 2 and 3 for a certian type of attack, 1-3 for another, etc. Also, all of those attacks have power levels that build up as you use them, so you gotta be really careful and strategic with your weapons usage.

Also, there is a chain system based on the colors of the spaceship. Doing chains of combos build up your power levels. You can also unleash the radiant energysword (or whatever) by absorbing pink energy bullets with the sword. After you max it out, you unleash a super dramatic screen-wide slash that kills everything. I need to check the game settings, but it seems that when you lose a credit, the levels of weapons resets to zero, so if you end losing your first credit far into the game, you will barely do any kind of damages to the boss. You have to resort to absorbing pink and using the radiant sword over and over again.

The boss will eventually self destruct if it takes you too long to destroy them.

:doge I dont know, i feel like the gameplay is a bit.. convoluted.

It feels like the gameplay is all about learning the best patterns from youtube vids and just memorizing everything for max chains, or else the game isnt simply all that fun because you end up underpowered.

Ikaruga did an amazing job at simplifying the gameplay and it's just a blast to play, but this one..

Radiant Silvergun feels like work   :doge

I gotta try the saturn version, it seems that they mapped the different attacks to the 6 buttons controller, so maybe it's much easier to play. I tried playing with a genesis 3b controllers, and an arcade stick setup, and it's super easy to mess up by doing the wrong combo.

:doge  :-\ I'm a bit underwhelmed, tbh. I guess i'm not personally not a big fan of the over complicated gameplay. I wasn't expecting that. I need to read a faq or two about this game

Bebpo

« Reply #20663 on: November 25, 2018, 10:11:11 PM »
Yeah, when I went back and played it finally I wasn't really blown away with RS. I feel that way about a lot of old shmups, the only exception being the older Cave stuff like Esp.Rade or Ketsui which are still pretty awesome.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #20664 on: November 26, 2018, 03:00:15 AM »

How about a Splinter Cell: Re-ignited. The first 3 games. Keep the gameplay. Upgrade the graphics.

Thank you.

Sorry, they're too busy remaking Demon's Souls.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20665 on: November 26, 2018, 11:24:55 AM »
Got my 7 year old nephew The Messenger on the Switch. Hope it ain't too hard.

Depends on whether your nephew is a lil pussy-ass bitch.
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #20666 on: November 26, 2018, 11:51:56 AM »

Thank you.

Sorry, they're too busy remaking Demon's Souls.

:snob
That's not Silent Hill 2.

Himu

« Reply #20667 on: November 26, 2018, 12:01:02 PM »
I've never been impressed by Radiant Silvergun.
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #20668 on: November 26, 2018, 08:12:23 PM »

Svejk

« Reply #20669 on: November 27, 2018, 02:45:38 PM »

METAL GEAR?!
Just saw this...
Veteran developers, Toshifumi Nabeshima (director, Armored Core series), Yoji Shinkawa from KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS (character designer, METAL GEAR SOLID series), and Takayuki Yanase (mech designer, Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Xenoblade Chronicles X) join forces to create LEFT ALIVE’s dark and gritty world in this brand-new survival action shooter.
:ohhh   Consider me more interested now. 

Himu

« Reply #20670 on: November 27, 2018, 07:00:18 PM »
:ohhh
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #20671 on: November 27, 2018, 10:00:15 PM »

METAL GEAR?!
Just saw this...
Veteran developers, Toshifumi Nabeshima (director, Armored Core series), Yoji Shinkawa from KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS (character designer, METAL GEAR SOLID series), and Takayuki Yanase (mech designer, Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Xenoblade Chronicles X) join forces to create LEFT ALIVE’s dark and gritty world in this brand-new survival action shooter.

Still a Japanese TPS, when was the last time Japan made a good TPS that isn't Vanquish/Binary Domain? It's not a genre they're strong at.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #20672 on: November 27, 2018, 10:48:55 PM »
Yeah it's probably gonna be one of those "interesting" c tier games. Not great, but maybe did one really cool thing well or just had great art/presentation. The kinda games that the PS2 library was littered with  :doge

Rahxephon91

« Reply #20673 on: November 27, 2018, 11:12:09 PM »
Well it looks janky....

But it also looks like it's going to be a straighforward action game and not some open world game with 1000s of quests and constant daily stuff made to keep you playing after you're done with the stretched out 50 hour "campaign".

Really could use more of those.

Himu

« Reply #20674 on: November 27, 2018, 11:32:19 PM »
Well it looks janky....

But it also looks like it's going to be a straighforward action game and not some open world game with 1000s of quests and constant daily stuff made to keep you playing after you're done with the stretched out 50 hour "campaign".

Really could use more of those.

Thank you rah
IYKYK

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #20675 on: November 28, 2018, 12:33:10 AM »
I love that Left Alive is a Front Mission game but they don't bother to really market it as one. It'd be like Umbrella Corps being released They're Still Dead or something. :lol

kingv

« Reply #20676 on: November 28, 2018, 09:03:11 AM »
Winback! So much better than Vanquish!

:gamer :gamer

Edit: when you troll the wrong thread.
 :beli :heh :goty2 :point
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:49:00 AM by kingv »

paprikastaude

« Reply #20677 on: November 28, 2018, 09:24:48 AM »
Best case it's like Binary Domain, i.e. generic cover shooting gameplay, but with some unique selling points (Japan things) that drive it home.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:30:09 AM by Spieler1 »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20678 on: November 28, 2018, 10:21:56 AM »
Left Alive looks a lot like something you'd find on last gen, not really that excited aside from the cool looking mech gameplay sections, but it has a decent enough pedigree. Still aould vastly prefer a new FM. Or hell, give us a compilation of them, we still haven't seen official US releases of 2, 5, Alternative, and Gun Hazard yet.
^_^

Cryo

« Reply #20679 on: November 28, 2018, 11:26:06 AM »
Looks janky as fuck and I’d play the shit out of it.

Finally got my switch and it’s time to start playing indie games I always put off buying. Starting with hyper light drifter, the messenger, and not quite indie sonic mania.   :-[

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20680 on: November 28, 2018, 02:23:38 PM »
Nintendo: Pokemon Go is an entry level Pokemon game for new players who just want to relax, sit back and catch some Pokemon!

Journalist man:
https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1067844864765652992

:lol
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #20681 on: November 28, 2018, 11:50:40 PM »

METAL GEAR?!
Just saw this...

Yeah, I'm curious despite my better judgement, which itself is based on THE REALITIES OF HISTORY.

Coax

« Reply #20682 on: November 28, 2018, 11:53:52 PM »
Utilizing B-grade, black and white sci-fi films for a game design is such a novel concept for a side-scrolling shmup. Interest piqued.

« Reply #20683 on: November 29, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »

METAL GEAR?!
Just saw this...

Yeah, I'm curious despite my better judgement, which itself is based on THE REALITIES OF HISTORY.

Can't be worse than the PS3/360 Front Mission game...
野球

Cryo

« Reply #20684 on: November 29, 2018, 03:58:34 PM »
Utilizing B-grade, black and white sci-fi films for a game design is such a novel concept for a side-scrolling shmup. Interest piqued.

this tickles me in the same ways FMV games like revel assault did back in the day.

Svejk

« Reply #20685 on: November 30, 2018, 08:08:57 AM »
On this broken ass EA site, you can now sign up for Anthem Playtesting on the link below.
https://ea.arcsivr.com/Portal/EA-CTE/default

I had to try at least 5 times to get through the process without it reseting to the default page constantly.

« Reply #20686 on: November 30, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »
Random gaming thoughts after another Japan trip.

1. Certain games were way harder to find than I thought. And I'm not talking about older titles that have been snatched up. I'm talking about the recent disc release of Border Break on the PS4 and a 2-year old Kamen Rider musou clone for the PS4. Never saw them anywhere.

2. Used copies of Itadaki Street for PS4 were still 5,000 yen. WTF.

3. I never saw Weekly Famitsu. Not at convenience stores, book stores or train station kiosks, not even in Akihabara. Last time I was there in 2014 it was super easy to find at most random Family Marts, 7-11s and Lawsons. I asked at a couple places and the clerks didn't know what I was talking about. Has their print run decreased that significantly?

4. DS and PSP games are becoming hard to find. Lots of used shops had them all on mega clearance and their inventories were sparse.
野球

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #20687 on: November 30, 2018, 04:59:03 PM »

What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20688 on: November 30, 2018, 05:50:59 PM »
I didn't have any trouble with finding Famitsu, I got one with a Sen no Kiseki 4 cover that also featured a nice little Kiseki retrospective. Was surprised how pricey Mega Drive games were, and how the Japanese Famicom version of Contra is so expensive compared to the American NES one.
^_^

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

benjipwns

« Reply #20690 on: November 30, 2018, 10:26:12 PM »
https://youtu.be/MWJdy3YP2yA

this one of his is maybe my favorite, especially that fucking vehicle lift:

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #20691 on: December 01, 2018, 10:07:18 AM »
I discovered his stuff after watching this RDR2 video of his, which I still think is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile

What

kingv

« Reply #20692 on: December 01, 2018, 07:55:17 PM »
Random gaming thoughts after another Japan trip.

1. Certain games were way harder to find than I thought. And I'm not talking about older titles that have been snatched up. I'm talking about the recent disc release of Border Break on the PS4 and a 2-year old Kamen Rider musou clone for the PS4. Never saw them anywhere.

2. Used copies of Itadaki Street for PS4 were still 5,000 yen. WTF.

3. I never saw Weekly Famitsu. Not at convenience stores, book stores or train station kiosks, not even in Akihabara. Last time I was there in 2014 it was super easy to find at most random Family Marts, 7-11s and Lawsons. I asked at a couple places and the clerks didn't know what I was talking about. Has their print run decreased that significantly?

4. DS and PSP games are becoming hard to find. Lots of used shops had them all on mega clearance and their inventories were sparse.

The PS4 stuff actually doesn’t surprise me so much, I thought ps4 wasn’t really doing all that hot in Japan. I think in a normal month switch outsells ps4 like 2x+ in Japan.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20693 on: December 01, 2018, 08:45:43 PM »
The PS4 stuff actually doesn’t surprise me so much, I thought ps4 wasn’t really doing all that hot in Japan. I think in a normal month switch outsells ps4 like 2x+ in Japan.

It's only 2x when the PS4 has a good week, most weeks it's 3x-4x.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20694 on: December 01, 2018, 08:57:16 PM »

:whoo
🤴

kingv

« Reply #20695 on: December 01, 2018, 09:01:27 PM »
I wonder how long until all the weeb  games just become switch first.

Svejk

« Reply #20696 on: December 02, 2018, 01:55:02 AM »

:whoo
Guess that's our first glimpse of PS Fif.

Shuri

« Reply #20697 on: December 02, 2018, 02:56:41 PM »
I didn't have any trouble with finding Famitsu, I got one with a Sen no Kiseki 4 cover that also featured a nice little Kiseki retrospective. Was surprised how pricey Mega Drive games were, and how the Japanese Famicom version of Contra is so expensive compared to the American NES one.
It's pretty weird how mega drives games are expensive in Japan, I wonder why

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #20698 on: December 02, 2018, 03:01:58 PM »
Lower sales, lower supply for re-sale. That's my guess, anyway.

« Reply #20699 on: December 02, 2018, 03:07:15 PM »
Lower sales, lower supply for re-sale. That's my guess, anyway.

And with most old systems foreigners are coming in to buy them all up, take them out of the country and out of the once cyclical resale system.

I should've clarified that I was talking about used games. PS4 is still front and center in Book Off, Trader, other random used game stores. You don't see the same foot print for Switch in those shops.
野球