Author Topic: Will you say wow when Nintendo rolls out the new Zelda at E3?  (Read 19919 times)

Himu

Re: Will you say wow when Nintendo rolls out the new Zelda at E3?
« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »
LINK

Where'd you get that info?
IYKYK

SantaC

« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »
LINK

Where'd you get that info?

gaf?

Himu

« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »
Link to thread.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2010, 08:26:17 PM »
Get Miyamoto the fuck away from Zeruda
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2010, 08:29:57 PM »
On second thought, it could actually be awesome the more I think about it.  :(
IYKYK

SantaC

« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2010, 08:30:23 PM »
Get Miyamoto the fuck away from Zeruda

and take Aunoma with him. That guy is out of good ideas.

Himu

« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2010, 08:33:06 PM »
Okay, the more I think about the more potential it has. I don't know what the fuck he means by complicated though. Maybe it's like Galaxy where the simplicity comes from the controls compared to the past. What if the sword girl is every item in the game and rather than unlocking new abilities, you have every ability you need to beat the game right from the beginning and the game builds up on these features the more you'd play. That'd result in more simplicity in terms of item management/controls, while at the same time evolving the Zelda formula into the stratosphere..which is what I want from this new title.
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »
You better give credit where credit is due, mo'fuka! :maf
spoiler (click to show/hide)
jk I lub u :hump
[close]
SRY

Himu

« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2010, 08:35:02 PM »
Yes, my brother. This could actually be a great game. I just don't have much faith in Miyamoto but then...galaxy :(
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2010, 12:59:51 AM »
Nintendo needs to make a "New Legend of Zelda" - no gimmicks, just make it similar to LTTP/LA but on Wii.
^_^

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2010, 01:03:22 AM »
Nintendo needs to make a "New Legend of Zelda" - no gimmicks, just make it similar to LTTP/LA but on Wii.

Hey Nintendo if you're reading this, this poster is a noted lunatic. Everything he says is nonsense.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you want to play a no gimmick LTTP clone, you should try playing the Zelda series. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.
[close]
SRY

Himu

« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2010, 01:09:40 AM »
I think he means 2d or something but yeah...
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2010, 01:38:38 AM »
Hasn't Peter Moly-Fable guy been trying to do this? the whole one button "accessible" combat system and leading the player with a line on the floor?

I think a lot of the "complications" that could be had with Zelda could be dealt with like they did for Mario.  Mario 64 and Sunshine both have terrible cameras and Galaxy came out and they gave you less control of the camera but it always seemed to give you a good view.  I mean, Z-trigger was the way to have 3D combat in 1998; all the combat systems of the 3D console Zelda games are very similar.  They have things like motion plus now and they could just have the camera pointed at the enemy when you approach him, then instead of jumping around, it could be a matter of slashing vertically or horizontally (similar to how Wii Sports Resort sword fighting works, with a bit more control).

and yeah, they could do with less items that have more uses.  Things that won't really hurt what the focus should be (as in: exploration, puzzles, action, adventure).

If you have a PS3, check out 3D Dot Game Heroes because that is pretty much that (without the "but on Wii" part).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 01:48:18 AM by Linkzg »

Beezy

« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2010, 01:39:35 AM »
Hasn't Peter Moly-Fable guy been trying to do this? the whole one button "accessible" combat system and leading the player with a line on the floor?
Keep this out of my Zelda, thanks.

Himu

« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2010, 01:49:07 AM »
ugh agreed
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2010, 01:52:46 AM »
I'm just saying that you have different devs trying to make these games more accessible.  Even Arkham Asylum was all about that, but in that game they kept it simple if you wanted to get through it while letting better players get that rhythm going.   I'm not at all suggesting it should be in a game like Zelda, only that these are "solutions" from other games.

Himu

« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2010, 01:54:24 AM »
I really hope that in this case accessibility equates to giving you a sword, a shield and a bow and letting you go your way like the original zelda but apparently miyamoto's only talking about controls
IYKYK

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2010, 03:42:56 AM »
I always get semi-excited over a new console Zelda game, buy it soon after it comes out, and then never finish it.  I always lose interest in the games.  IMO, Ocarina was the best one so far.
WTF

TripleA

« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2010, 04:44:09 AM »
Peter Molyneux is the videogame industry's biggest sham.

"owright mate, Fable 1 will revolutionize choice and decision making in games."

"owright mate, Fable 1 sucked. Fable 2s co-op will revolutionize user interaction in games."

"owright mate, Fable 2 sucked. Fable 3 combined with Natal will *insert hyperbole here*"

He is literally a joke.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2010, 08:58:07 AM »
Molyneux may be full of hot air but his Fable games still end up being a lot of fun to play, Fable 2 especially.
Tacos

TripleA

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2010, 11:28:18 AM »
Peter Molyneux is the videogame industry's biggest sham.

"owright mate, Fable 1 will revolutionize choice and decision making in games."

"owright mate, Fable 1 sucked. Fable 2s co-op will revolutionize user interaction in games."

"owright mate, Fable 2 sucked. Fable 3 combined with Natal will *insert hyperbole here*"

He is literally a joke.

Butthurt PS3fag :lol

Peter Molyneux is a butthurt Ps3fag?

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2010, 11:39:23 AM »
I'm all for a simplified approach to zelda.  Phantom Hourglass was fun for those reasons.  I never tried spirit tracks but that didnt looks as good. 
sad

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2010, 11:45:55 AM »
Spirit Tracks >>>>>>> Phantom Hourglass

but that's really not saying much.

My Zelda rankings cause I'm awesome:

Majora's Mask > Oracle games > Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time > Link's Awakening > The Wind Waker > A Link to the Past > The Minish Cap > Four Swords Adventures (awesome game) > Spirit Tracks > Phantom Hourglass > The Legend of Zelda > Adventure of Link
püp

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2010, 11:51:43 AM »
Never played Spirit Tracks but I bought Phantom Hourglass and that was enough for me.  Phantom Hourglass was about the least fun I've ever had with any Zelda game.

I still remember reading sp0rsk going on and on over at GAF how PH was one of the best Zeldas ever. lol
Tacos

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »
Phantom Hourglass to me was a proof of concept – a really crappy one at that, though.  It proved to me that the touch controls were a viable method of control for a Zelda title, but everything else around the controls was so bland for a Nintendo game.

Spirit Tracks manages to have better level design and gameplay mechanics by a significant margin, yet it is nearly killed by it's terrible overworld method of transportation.  In fact, it DID kill it for me – I never beat it because of that.

Spirit Tracks is actually a good game when you're not in your fucking train.
püp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2010, 12:14:40 PM »
Never played Spirit Tracks but I bought Phantom Hourglass and that was enough for me.  Phantom Hourglass was about the least fun I've ever had with any Zelda game.

I still remember reading sp0rsk going on and on over at GAF how PH was one of the best Zeldas ever. lol

Spirit Tracks will make you wish you were playing Phantom Hourglass... The controls are as inaccurate as ever, controlling Zelda as a Phantom is frustrating, and oh god the train...
^_^

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »
You thought the controls were inaccurate?  Hm, that's interesting.  I guess I could see that, though...there were some times I would inadvertently swing my sword when I was really trying to turn around...

I don't know, that never really bothered me.
püp

cool breeze

« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »
BrandNew is giving Spirit Tracks too much credit.  As someone who finished the game and got everything, it is more true to say that only the dungeons are good, and not so much the boss fights at the end.  The side quests  are almost all based around the train, sometimes even making you drive slower and in patterns to not upset passengers or ruin cargo.  The "trial" cave type game in this turd and they make you fight the same boring bosses over and over, which I should mention is ridiculously easy and you get shit reward for it.  The few side puzzle areas are decent, but again, the prizes you get are crummy treasures used to upgrade your train, and it's not like it makes you train faster or anything.  The ratio of shit to entertainment is so off.  If the game wasn't called Zelda, I probably would have stopped.  You literally spend the majority of the game riding a train where you barely need to pay attention.  It and Phantom Hourglass are easily the worst Zelda games ever made.

Another thing about Spirit Tracks is that it effectively removed ALL exploration from Zelda.  I think exploration and the sense of adventure is one of the reasons that my favorite games are Zelda games.  Spirit Tracks had none of that, or if you want to be picky, you can explore to find rabbits to capture...on your train  :-\

If you honestly think these games are better than Zelda 1 and 2, I think maybe you should check those games out first.  Both games are great but I can understand disliking them if you're really against games that don't follow the LTTP formula.

I didn't have problems with the controls either.  Sometimes in Spirit Tracks when you would draw paths for Zelda, but that's pretty much it.

oh shit, I just remembered the other thing I hated a lot about Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (the flute too, but that's all I'll say about that POS).  Phantom Hourglass seemed like an attempt to cash in on PotC movies and Linebeck was basically Jack Sparrow.  Spirit Tracks was much worse because the inspiration for that game was seemingly uguu filth anime garbage.  Ugh, it was so terrible.  Outside of the reoccuring scenes where Zelda would just "UGUU~", the main villain was straight out of a Naruto filler movie or some shit. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:32:33 PM by Linkzg »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2010, 12:31:45 PM »
I play Zelda I and II at least once every year, and I just find them a chore to play through.  It's not that they're bad games, it's just that, like every original game from the NES, it's incredibly dated and relatively unpolished.
püp

cool breeze

« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2010, 12:40:27 PM »
I'm not disagreeing, but there is a charm to that, I think.  I'm sure it was more because of limitations than design, but it still is a lot more open for exploration than later Zelda games.  I remember after Zero Mission came out, I was hoping they'd do the same for Zelda 1.  As much as I like Zelda 1, someone playing it for the first time would get pissed off at not knowing where you can blow a hole in the wall and things like that.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »
I play Zelda I and II at least once every year, and I just find them a chore to play through.  It's not that they're bad games, it's just that, like every original game from the NES, it's incredibly dated and relatively unpolished.

Dated, sure. Unpolished? I don't think so.
SRY

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »
I said relatively.  Polished for an NES game, sure, but it's hard going back to a lot of old NES games without saying to myself "ugh, I'd just rather play the SNES sequel."

Super Mario Bros. 1-3 are the only games I can think of that still remain polished even by today's standards.  Megaman games as well, I guess.
püp

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2010, 01:01:57 PM »
That's unfortunate that you have so much trouble going back to play classics. I can enjoy NES games, mainly because their gameplay is really simple and accessible, and they're fairly quick to start as they lack any large quantities of story or character development. I never played the NES as a kid, so it's fun to go back and play classics with a fresh mind.

I had made a thread looking for the best NES games and I got a lot of good shit out of it.
SRY

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2010, 01:43:13 PM »
NES games are uniformly unpolished.  Even the megaman games had shit like copious slowdown and unbalanced weapon abilities.  Zelda 1 is a little obtuse for its own good, metroid 1 is being lost in a game with the same non discernable background and shitty controls, etc.

I don't even like Mario 3 that much anymore. Its ok, but often it just feels gimmicky.  See flight suits, frog suits, minigames.
sad

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »
I don't even like Mario 3 that much anymore. Its ok, but often it just feels gimmicky.  See flight suits, frog suits, minigames.

SMH

needs to be stated again: worst ninfag ever
püp

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2010, 02:04:17 PM »
I completely agree with him about SMB3. I think SMW smashes that shit to pieces.
SRY

SantaC

« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2010, 02:29:15 PM »

My Zelda rankings cause I'm awesome:

Majora's Mask > Oracle games > Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time > Link  Link's Awakening > The Wind Waker > A Link to the Past > The Minish Cap > Four Swords Adventures (awesome game) > Spirit Tracks > Phantom Hourglass > The Legend of Zelda > Adventure of Link

that's some pretty good rankings except for some minor tweaks. Here are mine:

Majoras Mask > Wind Waker > OoT > Oracle Games > Link LA> Zelda III > Zelda II > Minish Cap > 4 swords > Zelda 1 > Zelda TP > Zelda PH > Zelda ST

And yes, I think Zelda ST is the worst zelda I ever played because the train is fucking boring and the train = the overworld. Worst overworld ever
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 03:30:39 PM by SantaC »

Himu

« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2010, 02:32:21 PM »
Word. SMB3 is overrated as fuck. Shitty 10 second levels and vapid level design.
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2010, 02:34:35 PM »
Word. SMB3 is overrated as fuck. Shitty 10 second levels and vapid level design.

my nicca
SRY

Himu

« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2010, 02:35:43 PM »
Mario is the most overrated game series ever
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »
Mario is the most overrated game series ever

That's a tough one. Yeah probably. Out of all the Mario games I've played, there are two really solid games, and the rest are either just good, or completely forgettable. Most of Nintendo's IPs are similar, but because it's Nintendo, the schlock will be remembered.
SRY

Himu

« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2010, 02:40:52 PM »
SMB1 = aged and dated
SMB2 = is not even a mario game, it's another game with mario skin
SMB3 = overrated, maybe 20 good levels out eleven of billion
SMBW = legitimately great game
Yoshi's Island = one of the best platformers ever
Mario 64 = overall mediocre game, great ideas, some good levels though
Mario Sunshine = underrated, one of the best 3d platformers ever, stomps all over 64
NSMB = mediocre
Mario Galaxy = masterpiece

And people have the audacity to say this is the best platformer series :lol

:piss Mario :piss2
:bow ZELDA :bow2
:bow METROID :bow2
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2010, 02:52:53 PM »
Remember, Himuro likes old Sonic.  Case closed.
püp

Himu

« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2010, 02:54:04 PM »
Zelda 1 - great premise, dated gameplay, needs modern version badly, the basis for almost every single action-adventure game, including games like GTA
Zelda 2 - great premise, high difficulty, wouldn't say it's really great though
Zelda 3: LTTP - great game, gets too much credit, though because....
Zelda: Link's Awakening - is probably the best 2d Zelda and is rarely mentioned due to LTTP, both are great though
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - the basis for most modern 3d games, fantastic gameplay and scope still to this day
Zelda: Majora's Mask - the Zelda formula perfected, and arguably the greatest action-adventure game
Zelda: Wind Waker - great game, downgrade from OoT and MM but still great
Zelda: Twilight Princess - great, but ultimately soulless game that recycles many elements from past games, feels been there, done that. Proves the Zelda formula needs retooling to be fresh again
Zelda: Minish Cap - slightly above average
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - average
Zelda: Spirit Tracks - what I have played is probably the worst Zelda ever

Zelda stands as Nintendo's greatest series. Out all of the games they've made for Zelda, I have enjoyed just about every single game immensely. I have not played the Oracle games and I'm ashamed.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »
Remember, Himuro likes old Sonic.  Case closed.

Incorrect. Sonic is as varied in quality as Mario, and far far worse.

Sonic 1 - Masterpiece
Sonic 2 - Overrated but decent
Sonic 3 - Good
Sonic and Knuckles - Good
Sonic 3 and Knuckles - Masterpiece
Sonic 3d Blast - Shit
Sonic Adventure - Mediocre
Sonic Adventure 2 - Poop
Sonic Heroes - Poop
Shadow the Hedgehog - Shit
Sonic 06 - Diarrhea
Sonic Advanced - Decent
Sonic Rush - Mediocre
Sonic Unleashed - Miediocre

I like the same amount out Sonic games as I do Mario games. Both are overrated, but Sonic moreso because there hasn't been a good Sonic game in almost 20 years but people still try to convince themselves that Sonic Adventure was good.
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »
SMB1 = aged and dated
Bullshit, that game is always fun to play.

Himu

« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »
Because it's aged and dated doesn't mean it's not fun. It's just incredibly basic.
IYKYK

OptimoPeach

« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2010, 03:16:29 PM »
Wait, people finished The Adventure of Link? More than once?
hi5

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2010, 03:17:16 PM »
SMB1 = awesome game, quite possibly the most influential game ever, so much fun to speedrun.
SMB2 = it's fun to play but not quite on the level of other Mario games. I like picking up and throwing shit, and it's pretty challenging. Final dungeon is fantastic.
SMB2j = plays more like a masochistic rom hack of Mario 1, meh
SMB3 = fantastic game, second best Mario game... so many secrets, awesome technical achievement for the NES, plus KURIBO'S SHOE
SMBW = best Mario game ever
Yoshi's Island = awesome game with lots of gameplay variation, some of the best boss fights in the Mario series, neat graphical style. Not too crazy about the collectathon stuff in the levels, or the fact that some of the levels drag on for a bit
Mario 64 = great ideas, showed the potential of 3D gaming, but a lot of levels felt kinda empty, and the controls weren't nearly as tight as the rest of the series. Not my favorite game in the series.
Mario Sunshine = great FLUDD-less level, everything else was kinda blah... didn't like how you had to babysit the camera so much, nor some of the fetch-questy stuff. Weak finale. An improvement over 64 but doesn't hold a patch on the 2D games.
NSMB = was left wanting with this one... feels like a step back from Mario 3 and World.
Mario Galaxy = probably the best 3D Mario, interesting art direction, fun platforming, it just takes a bit too long to ramp up in difficulty, and some of the tacked on waggle levels are stupid
NSMBWii = awesome level design, challenging, best Mario since the SNES days. Only complaints are the unnecessary waggle and no CC support

Zelda 1 - my favorite game when I was little, really influenced my gameplay tastes. Love the huge, nonlinear world filled with tons of secrets around every corner. Game is dated nowadays, i.e. no 8-direction movement and very obtuse in parts.
Zelda 2 - meh, I didn't care as much for the sidescrolling, the frustrating combat (against Darknuts and shit), the grindy sections. There are much better sidescrolling ARPGs out there (Dragon's Curse!) Would love to see a much more refined take on this game in the future, though.
Zelda 3: LTTP - fantastic game, my favorite Zelda. Set the tone for the series to follow.
Zelda: Link's Awakening - another absolutely amazing game, plus the best story in the series. Some great puzzles, lots of secrets, a technical achievement for the platform. Just suffers a bit due to platform choice.
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - very enjoyable, and certainly ahead of its time... I only wish I played all the way through this when it was new, instead of in 2003 or 4 or whenever I finally got around to finishing it. Graphics and the sluggish framerate don't hold up though.
Zelda: Majora's Mask - much more refined take on OOT, plays a lot smoother. Not too crazy about the day/night cycle, but at least it was something different. Don't like the lack of dungeons or the "stalk the townspeople to do the sidequests", or the amounts of minigames present... Played this when it came out on VC too.
Zelda: Wind Waker - slow to start, lacking in dungeons (but what's there is good save the pirate's fortress stealth stuff), awful Triforce hunt, plus sailing is oh so boring. My least favorite 3D Zelda. Environments look great, but I don't like the char design at all.
Zelda: Twilight Princess - awesome game, unfortunately the start was slow, and the game seemed to forget about the story after the first 4 dungeons. Dungeons were a high point for 3D Zelda. Probably my fave 3D Zelda.
Zelda: Minish Cap - good game, but I felt it was missing something. Namely, more use of the big->small gimmick (the Mazaal boss was excellent). Didn't like the kinstone fetchquests.
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - not a fan of the touch screen controls, nor returning to the Ocean King temple over and over. Short dungeons were an interesting change of pace for the series, but one that I don't particularly like (since dungeons are usually my favorite part of Zelda).
Zelda: Spirit Tracks - absolutely awful. Traversing the overworld with the train takes forever. Sidequests are no fun at all, since they also involve the train. Inaccurate touch screen controls that don't do what you want them to do half the time.
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages - great games, with challenging combat and some of the most difficult puzzles in 2D Zelda. Main problems are, that the games don't have too many new ideas between them, and are a bit on the forgettable side. And overworld traversal can be annoying. Definitely worth playing though.

Sonic 1 - Awesome, although it has its share of slow parts (the Labyrinth Zone for one). Great aesthetics and music, and a great start to a series.
Sonic 2 - A totally refined take on the first game. Some great and varied levels, awesome music, only problem is it starts to drag by the time you hit the middle of the Metropolis Zone. A Save Game feature would've been nice.
Sonic 3 - Loved this game even more than 1 or 2... mainly due to the music I think. Though it's obvious that it's only one piece of a whole...
Sonic and Knuckles - Didn't care for it as much as any of the other Sonics... levels just weren't as interesting to me, nor was the music as good.
Sonic 3+Knuckles - Absolutely incredible, the high point of the Sonic series.

The rest - I'm trying to forget... Rush 1 was alright though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 03:19:04 PM by tiesto »
^_^

Himu

« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
It's just incredibly basic.

Well, shit, I wonder why?

(Image removed from quote.)

This post makes no sense as games like Mega Man 3 and Bionic Commando are hardly basic in terms of level design. When I say basic, I mean levels and gameplay, not just controls. That said, it was the first game I ever played so it has a giant place in my heart and will never get old.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »
That's true. Timeless classic, in my opinion despite the fact it feels dated in some areas (pallete swapped levels).
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
Sonic games :rofl
püp

Himu

IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
SMB1 - Amazing, a timeless classic
SMB2 - Not as good as the first but still pretty good
SMB3 - Pretty good
SMW - Awesome platformer is awesome
Yoshi's Island - Great marriage of graphics and gameplay
SM64 - All-time classic, drops some of the platforming but I love the added adventure element
SMS - Abstract platformer stages are awesome, but FLOOD is too gimmicky for the rest of the game to be as good
SMG - Platformer perfection, drops some of the adventure elements of the two previous titles but that's not a bad thing\
NSMB - Fun the first time through, but no desire to play again

Sonic 1 - Great platformer, requires some skill
Sonic 2 - Refinement of the gameplay basics established by the original, Casino Night Zone is one of the best 2D platformers levels ever
Sonic 3 - Great platformer, never played it as much as the first two [MJ music :rock]
Sonic and Knuckles - Really good, popping it onto Sonic 3 ups the ante even further
Sonic Adventure - Decent game and is the best 3D Sonic, didn't like it as much ten years later
Sonic Adventure 2 - Started okay, went downhill rapidly
dog

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2010, 04:39:33 PM »
I don't see where everyone is getting Majora's Mask as the best Zelda game.  Yeah, it was a little more polished than OoT, but the game play was horrible.  Part of the fun for me in Zelda games, has always been having time to explore the world and take my time in completing the quests.  In MM, there wasn't time to get one fucking thing done.  I got into a malicious mood 2/3 of the way into the game and started letting the world end and watching 3 of the giants get crushed as they tried to stop the moon from crashing into the world...

I've never played any of the Zelda's except for the consoles.  My ranking for those would be:

Ocarina of Time > The Wind Waker > Twilight Princess > Majora's Mask >  A Link to the Past > The Legend of Zelda > Four Swords Adventures > Adventure of Link
WTF

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2010, 05:12:36 PM »
i always tought sonic was terrible
also both super mario bros 2 and 3 are boring
oh and i just kicked a puppy
<----

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »
I don't see where everyone is getting Majora's Mask as the best Zelda game.  Yeah, it was a little more polished than OoT, but the game play was horrible.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
püp

Beezy

« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2010, 05:49:36 PM »
I don't see where everyone is getting Majora's Mask as the best Zelda game.  Yeah, it was a little more polished than OoT, but the game play was horrible.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Seriously people, Majora's Mask wasn't hard to understand. It's one of the most fun and varied Zelda games, period.

Himu

« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »
I don't see where everyone is getting Majora's Mask as the best Zelda game.  Yeah, it was a little more polished than OoT, but the game play was horrible.  Part of the fun for me in Zelda games, has always been having time to explore the world and take my time in completing the quests.  In MM, there wasn't time to get one fucking thing done.  I got into a malicious mood 2/3 of the way into the game and started letting the world end and watching 3 of the giants get crushed as they tried to stop the moon from crashing into the world...

lmao
IYKYK