Author Topic: Borecast 45: Online Soulselling, HOI3 Semper Fi, Mario Galaxy 2, ModNation  (Read 2899 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
direct download: http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast45.mp3

SEGMENT ONE: You can't sell your organs anymore :(

The ins and outs of selling all your worthless crap online, from Craigslist to Ebay.

SEGMENT TWO: Games

(1:04:30) Field Commander ALexander

(1:09:45) Hegemony: Philip of Macedon

(1:18:30) Hearts of Iron 3: Semper Fi

(1:33:30) ModNation Racers

(1:51:00) Deadly Premonition Redux

(1:53:30) Mario Galaxy 2

Listener Comments (2:07:45) Lolis, Red Dead and Alan Wake, Kindle and E-Readers
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
sup

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
MORE Deadly Premonition?

:D
HLR

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
next ep: E3 2010 RAW
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Why is tehjaybo hanging out with loli experts? :wtf
dog

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Why is tehjaybo hanging out with loli experts? :wtf

Well, we sorta both know this one guy who's really into Japanese anime. We both used to work with him.
HLR

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope
They aren't experts by any means.  They just both cringed every time it was mispronounced.  Not making a big deal of it, I just wanted to mention it.
HURR

Oblivion

First podcast I've gotten a chance to listen to in a while. Good stuff.

Agreed totally on the kiddy label for SMG2. I hesitate to ever willingly agree with Morgan Manjaw, but like you said it's simply calling a spade a spade. Nintendo games like SMG2, Paper Mario, Wind Waker, etc. are good games, but it doesn't mean that their specific graphic styles weren't geared towards a particular audience, in this case, small children.

Surprised there's still a good load of story, especially since Miyamoto said he fought hard to make sure there wouldn't be much.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
"Cartoony" comment aside, I thought her opinion was a bit on the ridiculous side. It didn't make me mad and I didn't feel like rattling off some 500-word post about how she's stupid for it, though.
dog

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
They aren't experts by any means.  They just both cringed every time it was mispronounced.  Not making a big deal of it, I just wanted to mention it.

Oh, wrong people. I haven't gotten to the mail part yet, lolz.
HLR

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
restarted the twitter, here's what you can expect out of us

http://twitter.com/borecastshow
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
also started a Facebook fan page so you don't have to go through the trouble of adding us as a friend to enjoy our shameless self-whoring:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Borecast/130799080273118
sup

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
It's a shame how MNR turned out.  It seems like there can't be a good Mario Kart clone or a game that is better than the Mario Kart series.  Except CTR, which blew away the glitch ridden Mario Kart 64.

Also, discussing how to pronounce "loli" is evil: by discussing the pronunciation, you are legitimizing it.
🍆🍆

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
I was sorely disappointed.  I keep wanting to like Kart racers, but they insist on making me hate them twenty yards before the finish line.
sup

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I still play CTR. I don't even think it looks ugly, it's just awesome in every way. Now, if they had ripped off that game whole-sale and thrown all these customization mechanics on top of that, it would easily be the game of forever as far as kart racing is concerned.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Prole, you ever gonna review Cryostasis?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
it's in my massive backlog!
duc

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
What about your massive frontlog?  :-*
©@©™

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
His massive frontlog and massive backlog are one and the same.  It's why Drinky Crow is an internet legend.