Author Topic: Borecast 49: Craptablets, Arc Rise Fantasia, Hydro Thunder, Castlevania HD...  (Read 7369 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
direct download - http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast49.mp3

Kevin bought an Android craptablet from a store more known for its oatmeal-based exfoliation products. Movies and TV we've seen recently are discussed.  Games include Arc Rise Fantasia, Hydro Thunder XBLA, Castlevania HD XBLA, and Privates.  Also, your listener comments, the winner (?) of the Clive Barker's Jericho contest, and Bethesda's weird-looking black people.

The PanDigital Novel:

http://www.pandigital.net/pandigitalnovel

Download and play Privates:

http://www.e4.com/game/privates.html

Every radio episode of Gunsmoke:

http://www.archive.org/details/OTRR_Certified_Gunsmoke

One of Kevin's favorite Gunsmoke episodes for you to sample (right click, save-as):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1006274/Gunsmoke%2052-12-27%20%28036%29%20The%20Cabin.mp3

*This is a "solo" episode focused on Marshal Dillon from the first season.  The story behind it is that after airing a sentimental Christmas show, the creators didn't want the audience to think they'd gone soft.  They hadn't.  It doesn't feature any of the other show regulars, but it's a great example of the moody "Pulp Noir" feel I was talking about on the show.

Talk to you next episode!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:52:35 PM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
 :bow Borecast :bow2

First post on both sites lol.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
sup

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Syncing now. I wish I saw this earlier. I could have listened to it all by now.  :(
©ZH

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
You gotta label when you start talking about X games. Unless you have been doing this and I don't pay attention.
fat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
i used to, quit doing it a few episodes ago

i figure i'm not gonna make it easy for people to ignore or fast-forward past my stuff anymore

unskippable cut scenes = unskippable podcast segment
sup

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Wasn't doug supposed to be taking sin and punishment 2 for a spin? Or was that in a recent podcast I missed?
sad

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
WHOOOOOOO

downloading now, fuckers.
HLR

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i'm having a hard time mustering $50 of enthusiasm for s&p2, for some reason
duc

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
I had something mildly amusing happen to me today, I sold my brothers console peasantry on Craigslist for him, the buyer calls me up it's some young guy, he asks me why I am selling it I'm like I don't know to get a PS3 to watch Bluray movies and such, that's what my brother said anyway. The guy is like we are opening an indie game store I am calling for my boss such and such, I will call back he doesn't.

This older gentlemen calls me he says you have a Xbox 360 and games for sale yadda yadda, I give him my address he shows up I immediately notice he is wearing an E3 polo shirt, I'm like wat, let him inside to try the shit out he opens all the fucking boxes to check em, yeah dude I'm gonna let you in my house and you know my name, address and phone number Im going to rip you off buddy!

I don't know I guess he was holding court because I sure didn't ask him neither did my brother what he does besides opening a game store, He puffs out his chest and proclaims I am VP at EA sports or something to that effect and own a few game stores, he snorts why do you think I am wearing this E3 shirt!
Guess I should have known he was in the buiz because he had an air about him like bow down to me I am the upper eschelon of nerdom. I think he was expecting us lower nerds to bow at his feet lol.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
i'm having a hard time mustering $50 of enthusiasm for s&p2, for some reason
It's probably not ever going to cost less than that since it's first party published.  ::) Fuck Ninty's pricing practices.
Hi

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
What would you guys like to hear us talk about in our 50th episode?
sup

magus

• LIKES FF7
so did you guys like arc rise fantasia? i'm too lazy to download the whole thing just to hear a little bit :spin
<----

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Robert's indefensible, I have a movie review suggestion,

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising

2008 NR 105 minutes

When a group of fantasy role-playing friends can't get their characters into any action beyond seducing tavern wenches and tormenting villagers, the dungeon master introduces a girl who also plays a sexy character in their game. Now the adventurers must pull it together, both at the table and inside the game, to defeat the necromancer Mort Kemnon and save their beloved gaming group. Matt Vancil directs this entertaining parody.

It's stream able on netfilx.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:14:38 PM by D3RANG3D »

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
of course, that's still in there
sup

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Congrats on the iPad purchase Eel.  :)
©ZH

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
thanks!
sup

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Finally caught up.

Some more real life stories n' shit.  Yeah it is vague but they tend to be interesting.
🍆🍆

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
yeah, i'd like to get back to some non-gaming chatter, too

the last couple months have been workhell for all of us
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
oh, and maf loaned me sin & punishment 2

i will review it (and rogue warrior and fiddy cent 360) special-like in our next outing
duc

OptimoPeach

Sweet. I somehow missed this thread
hi5

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
You -have- to play 50 Cent with someone else to reall appreciate it. It's still a great SP game but it doubles with someone else enjoying the experience (and someone else jamming the FUCK YOU PUSSY button)
fat

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer

You should bring Kentucky-bore back. I have a story about a plastic fist that I simply must tell in audio form. Plus, our legal situation is better than it was, so I no longer hafta hold back on the crazier stuff.

Three words: Gathering of cheeseburgers.   
UK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
we'll have you guys on again, to be sure, but we'll probably hold off on any guests until fall due to sketchy summer schedules

i think we have a full agenda for this one, hopefully we can keep it under 3 hours
sup

drew

• sy
i used to, quit doing it a few episodes ago

i figure i'm not gonna make it easy for people to ignore or fast-forward past my stuff anymore

unskippable cut scenes = unskippable podcast segment

uhm, yeah, no offense dude, but will you please put those in again, or ill honestly just not listen at all, ive already got 4 hours plus of the stern show to listen to every day, and im not going to sit through half an hour or more of talk on a podcast to get to something i can just watch on gametrailers, especially when im so used to the quality that the stern show on sirius hits daily, id like to hear what you guys have to say about games, but, yeah

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
i'll compromise and mark where the game talk starts
sup

drew

• sy

after all that yapping i listened to the whole thing last night when i couldnt sleep :-[

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
Finally caught up.

Some more real life stories n' shit.  Yeah it is vague but they tend to be interesting.

Agreed. It's always the personal stories that crack me up. Especially when Eel gets excited telling them.
fek

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Finally caught up.

Agreed. It's always the personal stories that crack me up. Especially when Eel gets excited telling them.

He got pretty pumped talking about his Bed Bath and Beyond tablet this week.
©@©™

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
And loofah!
fek

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
that tablet would have been awesome with a capacitive touch screen, a faster processor, and a higher resolution

of course, then it would have been $350 to $400 instead of $140

that's what these guys are all up against - matching the ipad in build is still expensive, so this flood of cheap android tablets on the horizon is gonna be comprised of similar specs across the board to keep the prices down, and the user experience will always be fairly mediocre

when i finally got the ipad in my hands i could see and feel the quality leap immediately, even though it really is just a giant faster ipod touch (needs more RAM, though - can't believe they cheaped out as much as they did there)

a couple of iterations and these android tablets will have a lot more going on for the same $150-$200 they cost right now, while apple will continue to add one or two things to keep people dangling on the refresh string at $500 or more a pop

and as soon as i can get that android tablet with a higher res big screen, faster processor, and capacitive multitouch for that $200, i'll make the switch myself if only to get away from itunes and the ass-over-head way they handle file transfer
sup

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
:bow Hydro Thunder :bow2

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Yeah, non gaming chatter would be good.

Also, you should do another dramatic reading of one of those bible tracts, for some classic early Borecast fun.
HLR

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Episode 50 has been delayed due to issues with libsyn, our podcast hosting service.  It's ready to go, but I can't upload it until our account forcibly "migrates" to their new servers and layout.  I would give you a time/day if I could, but since it was only supposed to take 8-16 hours when I got the email on the 17th and it still hasn't gone through as of the 20th, I can't.

support@libsyn.com
sup

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
:( was looking forward to episode 50, but I understand.
HLR

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
i'm pissed because i stayed up late editing it

libsyn sucks all around, but there's no other real alternative for the price
sup

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
So are you going to wait until next Friday or release it when the server is back up?
HLR

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
whenever the server's up

I am assuming that since it is Friday evening I will not get a response to my email before Monday (if I ever do, I had to send a nasty email threatening to cancel before I ever got a response to the last support email I sent a few months ago), so if it's some sort of tech problem it might be sometime next week

it's probably just them lying about the time it would take, though, so maybe this weekend

I dunno, in other words
sup

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Well, hopefully they will pull their heads out of their asses soon.
HLR

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
finally got through, should be up in a little while

8 pm on a friday night, great time to post a new episode

50 episodes, 50 downloads
sup