Author Topic: Cruncheons 06: Game Remakes, Undead Nightmare, Black Ops, Divinity II, Vanquish  (Read 2956 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/mxpse5/Cruncheons06.mp3

SEGMENT ONE: Samething Old, Samething New

We talk about the recent (and upcoming) spate of game remakes and "remasters," with some wild tangents into other game-related subjects like 3D.

SEGMENT TWO: Playlist

(57:00) Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Expansion
(1:12:10) Call of Duty: Black Ops (PC)
(1:24:15) Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance
(1:33:05) Knights in the Nightmare (PSP)
(1:39:40) Vanquish, and Indie vs. Big Budget games

Talk to you again soon!
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
sup

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I liked the Team Ico games. I don't really get the hate for the fighting in Ico, it's so easy and mindless that it doesn't really matter that it's as mechanically complex as a atari 2600 game. The block puzzles can get a little annoying, but I still managed to enjoy the game for it's art style and music.

Shadow of the Colossus is technically assy as well, but I didn't mind because I enjoyed the art style and music, and for me that's enough for a 8-10 hours game. The controls aren't great, but it seems like the designers knew and gives you open landscapes and plenty of leeway in doing what you're supposed to be doing. I think a lot of people go off on Team Ico because the sony fans take that shit way too seriously.

And, as far as I know, the PS3 version of SotC isn't going to go over 30fps - and with all the 3D nonsense and their general track-record for overdoing it I suppose it'll dip enough when the going gets tough, so the "24 frames is cinematic" crowd can still grease their noodles to it.

:elephant

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Great show as always guys... I want to comment on apologists, GAF has a thread about the 3DS hardware etc. filled with the usual ntards circle jerking about anything Nintendo, I posted where the fuck is my second analog stick? They went on about interface clutter and how I should use the touch screen or tilt. I am very selfish about my hobby I don't give a shit if it scares soccer moms, grandpa or lefties away give me a second fucking analog stick!

1. Touch screen is a poor substitute for a second analog stick!

2. The best games on the DS don't use it Contra4 GOTG!

3. To view the 3D effect on the 3DS you have to be in the sweet spot in other words looking directly at the screen so tilting it would fuck up the 3D effect not that I care because if I bought one I am turning it off!

Since the PSP2 has a second analog stick I will most likely buy it instead of a 3DS.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:49:17 PM by D3RANG3D »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i of course agree 100% on hobby selfishness. it seems mindnumbingly fantarded to suspend your own preferences and compromise on behalf of some nebulous idea of greater audience appeal. fuck dat~

i will get both the 3ds and the psp, because i am a total chump. the 3d gets turned off stat, and i do wish nintendo had included a second analog stick, but there will be many great games for the 3ds and i sure as heck ain't gonna miss 'em

in fact, right now, i like where handhelds are headed more than i do consoles
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
well, they're headed towards being consoles!
sup

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
2. To view the 3D effect on the 3DS you have to be in the sweet spot in other words looking directly at the screen so tilting it would fuck up the 3D effect not that I care because if I bought one I am turning it off!

From impressions this isn't especially problematic.

I STILL am the only one that isn't lol'ing at the PSP2's back touch-screen - it has real potential. Mark my words.
___

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
I'm starting to see it myself, after someone pointed out that it can be used to mimic button functions like L2/R2
sup

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
One of my favorite comfort TV programs is Swamp Loggers, they are from NC so why are you not on that show Kevin? :P You weren't kidding about some of the NC dialects one of the truck drivers sounds like Farmer Fran from waterboy lol.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:17:45 PM by D3RANG3D »

Robo

Are you guys on the Zune marketplace?  I was looking for it last night with no luck.
obo

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
I submitted it a while back, it never showed up
sup

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Are you guys on the Zune marketplace?  I was looking for it last night with no luck.

You can add it yourself if you have the rss link.
brb

Robo

Good to know, thanks.
obo

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
http://cruncheons.podbean.com/feed/

i'll just keep resubmitting it every few days and maybe it will annoy them enough to add
sup