Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER (co-op)  (Read 8732 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Mass Effect 3 TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2010, 12:56:40 PM »
Humans have been pretty much the center of the ME games from the start. I mean, you can waste the entire council at the end of ME1 and install an all-human council in its place!
dog

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »
Why would the Reapers want to destroy the Citadel?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
Humans have been pretty much the center of the ME games from the start. I mean, you can waste the entire council at the end of ME1 and install an all-human council in its place!

Humans are massively important to the mass effect universe. They are like the new kids on the block who everybody (including the other races) are afraid of because they are advancing so fast. The games hint at this a little but the books really drill this in.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2010, 11:18:55 PM »
Earth is under attack by aliens. Imagine that.

the ps3 is perpetually in third place. imagine that

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2010, 11:34:24 PM »
Hoping the game has a lot of cool futuristic and organic planets to explore and it's not mostly set on  :-\ postapocalyptic Earth. Because we haven't had enough games already set in a postapocalyptic environment.
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2010, 11:38:20 PM »
Hoping the game has a lot of cool futuristic and organic planets to explore

Unless ME3 is a big departure from the other two games in the series, it will.
dog

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »

Humans are massively important to the mass effect universe. They are like the new kids on the block who everybody (including the other races) are afraid of because they are advancing so fast. The games hint at this a little but the books really drill this in.

Is there some ME page where I can get the background stuff like this in an overview? I like reading this sort of stuff but not so much that I want to read a novel of it.
itm

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2010, 01:13:36 AM »
Earth is under attack by aliens. Imagine that.

the ps3 is perpetually in third place. imagine that

annihilated

I don't even know why duckman is taking that angle when he's a fan of Resistance and Killzone. 

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2010, 06:04:39 AM »
HEY GUYS.

Don't you understand?

Blowing up Big Ben to smithereens  is FAR more important than destroying the Citadel!

It makes sense in the context of the story. In ME's universe the Citadel has been around for much longer than all of the current Council races, the Reapers have destroyed countless cycles of organic life yet left the Citadel, why destroy it now? Humans are a newly dominant species in the galaxy, and pose as the most obvious threat with Shepard causing hell, and if the Protheans stories are to be believed, they systematically go from planet to planet confirming extinction before moving on, Earth would seem a logical place to start given the events of the games so far.

</ME nerd>
◕‿◕

Corporal

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2010, 02:11:52 PM »
But wasn't the Citadel more or less the main node without all the other portals couldn't work correctly? (Details are sketchy, it's been a while since my ME1 playthrough. )

So what the hell are the Reapers doing harassing Earth instead of getting a grip on the infrastructure. If they do that they can cleanse the races one after another, if they don't these pesky organics will bond together and maybe stand a one-in-a-billion chance. All they'd need to do is re-engage that protocol that the first one tried to activate. Not a big deal, just all waltz over there and tear shit up, then shut down everything and reprogram the Keepers to lock the station down. After all, they friggen built the damn thing.

I hope for two things:
A) let me raze the earth to kill all Collectors/Reapers as a Renegade choice. If they manage to present that nicely I'll do it, just for the agony it's going to cause my earth-born Paragon Shepard. He's been a major dick to many with his holier-than-thou attitude, and it's not like losing Earth will kill humanity. They're like a damn plague on the universe, colonies everywhere.

B) let my decision to reprogram the heathens be a good one. I want to see them kick ass and join the Council on humanitys side. Their beef with that other race needs to be laid to rest after so long, dammit. It's not like anybody benefits from it.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, I want to know why Legion is using a piece of my armor. The kind of vaguely discomforting answer it gave me when I asked just doesn't suffice. Next up: Machine love interest. Oh the possibilities for hilarity. Moreover, not many can claim to conquer the heart of a trillion interdependent networked programs.
[close]

I have a curious relation to the ME franchise. I hate to love it and love to hate it. Will be there on Fall of 2011, day one, for the conclusion. Can't wait.  :D
!list

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 02:37:45 PM »
The Citadel was a one-way portal leading from dark space [where the Reapers are located]. The Reaper in ME1 was supposed to get to the Citadel, close it up, kill off the galactic leadership, then open the Citadel back up and flood colonized space with the other Reapers. Perhaps their reason for bypassing it the second time is that it's defenses have been bumped up since the last time, but Earth has been left more vulnerable as a result [or something to that effect].

It's kind of pointless to speculate, since all we know is that the Reapers are attacking Earth. We don't even know, at the moment, if they're ONLY attacking Earth. It could be the main fleet, with other, smaller fleets causing diversions elsewhere, or it could be one fleet among many and other planets are also being attacked with just as much devastation.
dog

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »
It's kind of pointless to speculate, since all we know is that the Reapers are attacking Earth. We don't even know, at the moment, if they're ONLY attacking Earth. It could be the main fleet, with other, smaller fleets causing diversions elsewhere, or it could be one fleet among many and other planets are also being attacked with just as much devastation.

True, there were an ass load of those claw ship thingy's at the end of ME2. They could probably wreck havoc on Earth and any number of other planets at the same time :(

...Ah, it's like in chess. First you strategically position yoru pieces and when the timing's right you strike. They're positioning themselves all over the world using this one signal to synchronize their efforts, and in approximately six hours the signals gonna disappear and the countdown's going to be over...CHECKMATE :o

:bow Independance Day  :bow2
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:05:27 PM by rodi »

Corporal

« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 03:51:12 PM »
Hm, speculation is pointless, I'll give you that.

But by god, rodi's right, this is brilliant. We already had the painfully obvious Matrix tie-in for a few seconds in ME2. Attacking that many reapers dead-on would be suicide, so there will be sneakiness involved. Substitute the Mac running Win98 in Independence day with the Geth running, uh, GethOS, and the alien mothership with the Reapers, and I think this could actually be a feasible plot. :o

Shepard will need to smoke a futuristic cigar together with the illusive man as they upload the Geth into the Reapers communication system. It will be awesome.

BRB contacting Bioware for possible story rewrite.
!list

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 07:27:32 PM »
space is supposed to be infinite do we really need to revisit earth in the 3rd game?

we havent been to earth yet in the ME series
nat

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »
This thread sucks

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2010, 11:22:24 AM »
As long as we get to see more of Miranda's bra, I'm all in.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2010, 03:34:20 PM »
HEY GUYS.

Don't you understand?

Blowing up Big Ben to smithereens  is FAR more important than destroying the Citadel!

It makes sense in the context of the story. In ME's universe the Citadel has been around for much longer than all of the current Council races, the Reapers have destroyed countless cycles of organic life yet left the Citadel, why destroy it now? Humans are a newly dominant species in the galaxy, and pose as the most obvious threat with Shepard causing hell, and if the Protheans stories are to be believed, they systematically go from planet to planet confirming extinction before moving on, Earth would seem a logical place to start given the events of the games so far.

</ME nerd>

From what I remember, the Citadel was important in linking all the universe together to speed up the advance of civilization.  So they might not want to destroy it because it's too valuable.

OTOH, it could be that the Citadel was destroyed/deactivated and that the attack on Earth shown in the trailer is the next phase of the cycle.  Who knows?

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2010, 07:27:33 AM »
Hey guys, what if protheans are humans? Like Adam and Eve were aliens and the came to earth and gave birth to humans then left and their non-earth spawn evolved into protheans? So like, the Reapers are worried that because humans are advancing so fast, they're going to evolve into what the Protheans were and be a major threat?

Didn't it turn out that the Collectors were the broken husks of Protheans whose minds had been utterly destroyed by indoctrination?
WDW

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2010, 07:43:04 AM »
I think Green Man is thinking of the Forerunners in Halo.  They supposedly looked human like and spared humanity from being wiped out when they used the Halo array on themselves.

Corporal

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »
Didn't it turn out that the Collectors were the broken husks of Protheans whose minds had been utterly destroyed by indoctrination?
Yes.

There's some short skit (with the sarian doc crewmember I think) about how their brains and other internal organs have been almost completely replaced with bionics and how they can thus only barely be considered alive, which means they can be killed mercilessly.

There's apparently some sort of reference for Prothean DNA, because IIRC he noted that they were extensively bred/gene-therapied to achieve their "new" drone status.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:32:06 PM by Corporal »
!list

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2010, 06:41:04 PM »
tthis game will rule on ps3
USA

Himu

« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »
[youtube=560,345]1g9F0rgVzuw[/youtube]

So did the 360 version REALLY look as bad as it did in that video? Because that looks horrendous. There is no shadows or anything on Jacob's face at all. :lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »
I'm just saying because the ps3 version doesn't look like such a big upgrade over the pc version I played.
IYKYK

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »
Direct feed PS3 shot

I don't remember seeing something similar on 360,Tali model is horrendous low rez shit

If ME3 will look like that then :yuck :yuck :yuck
cat

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2010, 06:46:46 AM »
Amazing. Judging from the CG trailer, this'll be GOTY.
i

naff

BETTER WITH KINECT

Second hybrid game announced* :bow2

sorry I lie, it's not exactly announced... But that image is from EAs servers at Digital River soooo. All but confirmation
[close]

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:40:23 AM by quietID »
◕‿◕

Beezy

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
FUUUUUUUUCK YEAH  :D

TripleA

No reason to buy Mass Effect 3 now.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
I hope theres Kinect specific achievements just to fuck people off

naff

Haha, forgot about Forza was thinkin Ghost Recon and this. Can you use the controller and the kinect simultaneously in Forza4? I thought it was eithr or.
◕‿◕

maxy

• Sales Loser
kinect haters annihilated once again 8)

that omni-tool looks like predator blade

weapon for melee attack?
cat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
i expect an E3 stage demo of ME3 something to show off the kinect support
nat

maxy

• Sales Loser
Bioware people are having fun on twitter

Casey Hudson
Can't comment on the Kinect rumors. On an unrelated note, I just flew to the Citadel and boy are my arms tired

Michael Gamble
@CaseyDHudson planet mining is a pretty good workout too...
cat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

guh
the only design i like... is Kaiden.

jesus how does Liara have MASSIVE TITS now?
nat

Himu

ashley is HOT :drool

Go go my xenophobic gal

You're still in my heart <3
IYKYK

pilonv1

who's that third dude
itm

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
JAMES VEGA
nat

Himu

hope new dude dies, looks like a tremendous douche
IYKYK

pilonv1

who
itm

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm gonna fuck James Vega so hard.
fat

rodi

• Crotch Digger
Oh...

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
Why are both Kaiden and Ashley alive?

WHAT SHIT.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

WHAT SHIT.

shepard went into the GAMMA RELAY which sent him BACK IN TIME so he can pull the one that didn't make it on Virmire with him to the present because the battle with the REAPERS requires EVERY SINGLE MAN AVAILABLE.

SCIENCE FICTION
nat

rodi

• Crotch Digger
Glad I saved Ashley. She turned out to be a knockout!

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

Himu

WHAT SHIT.

they aren't both alive you distinguished mentally-challenged fellow
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
He looks distinguished mentally-challenged. It would be awesome if he was, and the only thing he can say is his own name.

"James Vega? JAMES VEGA!!!!"
©@©™

pilonv1

itm

Himu

he's the guy from the reveal trailer
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
actually he's not
nat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

WHAT SHIT.

they aren't both alive you distinguished mentally-challenged fellow
I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE CALLING ME distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Glad I saved Ashley. She turned out to be a knockout!

Fuckkkkkk, I saved Kaidan. No idea why tf I did that  :-\

And I'm not about to go replay ME1 and 2 to correct my mistake. Ahh well.
^_^

rodi

• Crotch Digger
Being racist gave her personality.

Himu

and even then she wasn't really racist, just cautious to trusting aliens too easily. It's funny how all the nerds are all like "she's wacist!" or something when the character in more nuanced than that. Also, notice how they call out Ash for being supposedly racist when Mordin, a fan favorite character, created the genophage. Ash was distrustful of aliens, she didn't outright hate them and even thought they deserved rights. The only alien she didn't like was Liara. I'd say Ash was probably right given the treatment of Shep by the council in both ME1 and 2 and the insane amount of times aliens try to fuck him/her over. Shep is too trusting because Shep is an idiot.

Why do nerds always call Ashley a bigot or a racist? Are they distinguished mentally-challenged?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:42:49 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
She's pretty racist.
fat

Himu

demi: if you're a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow
IYKYK

rodi

• Crotch Digger
She does not trust aliens sure but I never cared, why the hell would I band Liara an alien  :yuck

:bow Human Pussy :bow2

Exactly. If I'd seen that picture of how they'd turn out in ME3 years ago, I would have told Liara "no, u get away from me."

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Dude. It's BioWare... the character of Ashley was meant to fill the role of a xenophobe. Done deal. She isnt some well thought out character with meaning. She's a racist. It's up to the player to decide if they align with her views, or not.
fat