Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER (co-op)  (Read 8681 times)

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=222885600&&resid=TQKOPgoBAlcAAB5U6U4AAAA7&rests=1292013117701

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

yup

TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-mass-effect/708363
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:55:39 PM by fistfulofmetal »
nat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »
Cool this tells us absolutely nothing
fat

Beezy

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 03:47:22 PM »
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

yup
:bow

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 03:48:01 PM »
Cool this tells us absolutely nothing

pc exclusive
nat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
Well, I'm glad we finally get to go to Earth. Show me some fucking gameplay Bioware you shits.

Wait, so this is a prequel? Why else would he be a marine?

I hope they didn't retcon the fact that you're a SPECTRE. It seemed that way in the second game, it was barely mentioned.
SRY

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 03:58:03 PM »
Some rumors say that this will have multiplayer.
cat

Himu

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »
omfg

:bow
IYKYK

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 04:02:06 PM »
Hopefully this time around they spend more time on the overarching story instead of recruitment missions
BiSH

Himu

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
Maybe they let him back in the marines. or some shit.
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »
I reinstalled Mass Effect 2 last night to try and get back into it.
©ZH

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »
Hopefully this time around they spend more time on the overarching story instead of recruitment missions

My prediction

Stop the reapers

Planet(nation) recruitment missions

cat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »
or maybe the person who wrote the about is just some marketing dude and doesnt know what the fuck he's talking about
nat

Himu

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 04:14:42 PM »
My prediction: The council is full of pussies who didn't take Shepard seriously in ME1 or 2 and in ME3 when he tries to get the council races support they pussy out. So you have to get the support of the 'doomed' races you recruited in ME2: the humans, krogans, quarians, even the geth.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »
or maybe the person who wrote the about is just some marketing dude and doesnt know what the fuck he's talking about

marketing doesn't work like that.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 04:29:08 PM »
Disappointed.  Feels way too soon for ME3. ME2 just came out this year and the major expansions only finished up a few months ago.  Hope it's like the Arkham City was last year and the game is still a few years off.  If it's 2011....I don't see how they can make a huge epic game full of original content in that time.

Himu

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »
Well, if it comes out at the tail end of 2011, it will have been almost two years since ME2. Remember that ME2 came out in January.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 04:33:16 PM »
Disappointed.  Feels way too soon for ME3. ME2 just came out this year and the major expansions only finished up a few months ago.  Hope it's like the Arkham City was last year and the game is still a few years off.  If it's 2011....I don't see how they can make a huge epic game full of original content in that time.

While I hope they take as long as possible and would actually quite like a 3 year dev cycle for ME3, the standard dev cycle for nearly all HD games this gen outside of console exclusives is about 2 years.

I would guess Mass Effect 3 will either drop late Fall of 2011 or March or so of 2012.  BioWare is a fairly huge company so they can bring a lot of resources to bear to create content much how like Ubisoft is able to put a lot of resources and massive teams onto their AC games.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:37:02 PM by Stoney Mason »

Bebpo

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
Well personally I was pretty disappointed by the quality of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.  I use that game as an example that you can't make a polished quality HD game in a year.

Most big games this gen are at least 2 full years apart and that's when they aren't making time intensive DLC for the prior release.  If ME3 is March 2012 or later that's fine.  But fall 2011 would make me a bit iffy.  Especially since this is supposed to be the big final epic entry in the series.  I sure as hell don't want it rushed and to feel like a giant DLC pack ala, ACB.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
The page got gutted. It now reads "TBD" and that's it.

Most likely it was a generic placeholder for ME3 that accidentally got uploaded.
dog

Himu

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »
Why would fall of 2011 make you iffy? ME2 was done fall of 2009 right? But it was delayed. In any case, Fall 2011 is almost 2 years.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 05:31:39 PM »
ME2 was done in fall 2009?  I thought it was delayed because it wasn't finished yet.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 07:08:25 PM »
Guys, once a marine, always a marine. Semper Fi.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
<--- Not a marine.
[close]

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
Hot damn, this is almost as exciting as Gran Turismo!

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »
January 2012. pretty obvious.
nat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 07:43:12 PM »
The gap between Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 was only 26 months [November 2007 to January 2010].
dog

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »
GOTY 2012

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 09:35:14 PM »
god i wish i could transfer my 360 save to my pc now that ive got a good comp.  i wanna have neato graphics but i dont wanna lose my awesome shepard :'(
pcp

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
Unzip

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 11:30:20 PM »
Agreeing with the Late 2011/January 2012 hypothesis(is?) being thrown about.
Hi

cool breeze

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 12:17:40 AM »
The only odd thing about Mass Effect 3 in 2011 is that it would be the third big Bioware game of the year.  Dragon Age 2 is March (I think), Star Wars Old Republic sometime, and then Mass Effect 3 in fall (probably).

While I'd like to see Mass Effect 3 go back to being more of an rpg (a good one this time), I don't think there is as much things to fix in Mass Effect 2 compared to Mass Effect 1.  What people mostly have problems with are: 1) story doesn't matter, 2) mining/hacking, 3) not an rpg anymore (invalid complaint).  And other things like music and whatnot.

I thought Mass Effect 1 was a busted game; weak rpg, weak shooter, still enjoyable as a whole.  I don't think bioware getting rid of a lot of the rpg elements was a good thing, I mean, ideally they would have just made them good, but a good shooter > a busted hybrid.  I wasn't playing Mass Effect 2 and thinking "I'm really missing the great loot aka getting an identical gun with a higher number" or "damn, this level would be so much better if I could drive a distinguished mentally-challenged off road vehicle in a big empty square".

and make Jacob's skin match up with his bones.  His face looks like a fish out of water.  Actually, just kill him and replace him with a cup of skim milk and no one could tell the difference.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »

:rofl
SRY

Himu

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »

and make Jacob's skin match up with his bones.  His face looks like a fish out of water.  Actually, just kill him and replace him with a cup of skim milk and no one could tell the difference.

that's how black people look like
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »

that's how black people look like

Racist!  >:(

Stoney Mason

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »
Fall 2011.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »
whoa 2011 be killing it.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
Re: Mass Effect 3 TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER TEASER TRAILER
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2010, 08:51:36 PM »
added trailer to the OP
nat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2010, 08:54:59 PM »
earth :fbm

I was worried the predictions about reapers attacking Earth was gonna be the plot, and it is. Fuck.
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »
FINALLY. They've been holding off on letting you go to Earth for too long.

And why exactly is this upsetting? It'll probalby play like all the other ME games. You travel around the galaxy doing stuff and then come back to Earth to stomp the Geth/Reapers with all your new-found allies in the end-game.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:59:59 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »
It's just too been-there/done-that, is all. I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay, but where they're taking the plot is disappointing.
SRY

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »
It may be generic but Commander Shepard will make it fun.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 09:04:52 PM »
EVERYTHING about Mass Effect is been-there done-that! The whole point of the series is to take all these scifi tropes from the 70's and 80's and finally put them down into a really awesome videogame. And it's really awesome. I'm not really sure what the problem is here. I mean, yeah, they could put it some other random planet somewhere, but why? The ME series has skirted around Earth for two games now, so bringing it to Earth for the finale actually DOES make it something new [at least as far as the series itself is concerned].

If you wanna be disappointed by, you can I suppose, but I just don't really see what the fuss is about.
dog

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »
Earth is under attack by aliens. Imagine that.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »
EVERYTHING about Mass Effect is been-there done-that! The whole point of the series is to take all these scifi tropes from the 70's and 80's and finally put them down into a really awesome videogame. And it's really awesome. I'm not really sure what the problem is here. I mean, yeah, they could put it some other random planet somewhere, but why? The ME series has skirted around Earth for two games now, so bringing it to Earth for the finale actually DOES make it something new [at least as far as the series itself is concerned].

If you wanna be disappointed by, you can I suppose, but I just don't really see what the fuss is about.

I guess I got really attached to the story of the first game because it had a lot of unique, interesting things going on. The universe they created had a lot of detail and things that really grounded me in that world. But with ME2 and now 3 by the looks of it, they're just taking a page out of current sci-fi films and putting them in a game, which every game is doing anyways.
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2010, 09:09:31 PM »
It's not like Earth getting attacked by aliens is something that movies and books just started doing recently.

If ME3 is set entirely on Earth and the whole game is concerned completely with the war going on there, then I might be willing to agree. But the trailer pretty much shoots that down. "I hope Sheperd gets here with his allies or all this resistance will be for nothing" or whatever. It's still going to be galaxy-hopping like the other two games, doing quests and picking up new characters and all that. It's not going to suddenly become Mass Effect 3: Resistance, unless I'm just completely off-base here.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:11:44 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »
It's not like Earth getting attacked by aliens is something that movies and books just started doing recently.

I never said it was, but it's not like it's stopped at all. It's still in movies, I'm sick of the same old sci-fi shit. ME1, still derivative in some ways, included sci-fi elements that I hadn't seen in a long time. As you said, stuff from the 70s and 80s. ME2 has shit lifted straight from the Star Wars prequels.

If ME3 is set entirely on Earth and the whole game is concerned completely with the war going on there, then I might be willing to agree. But the trailer pretty much shoots that down. "I hope Sheperd gets here with his allies or all this resistance will be for nothing" or whatever. It's still going to be galaxy-hopping like the other two games, doing quests and picking up new characters and all that. It's not going to suddenly become Mass Effect 3: Resistance, unless I'm just completely off-base here.

I understand this, but the way ME2 went just makes me skeptical that it'll skew towards a more modern interpretation of science fiction than the awesome retro-futuristic stuff they were doing at first.
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »
I don't know, I saw plenty of retro scifi stuff in ME2.
dog

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2010, 09:20:58 PM »
Take notes, Bungie. This is how you do it.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2010, 11:48:31 PM »
From the trailer it could be Halo 3 or Mass Effect 3. Very bad preview imo.

I liked it. I like how Shepard isn't even in it except for the cutaway. 

But then I'm also a bit of a mass effect fanboy so maybe that had something to do with it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2010, 11:50:31 PM »
From the trailer it could be Halo 3 or Mass Effect 3. Very bad preview imo.

I liked it. I like how Shepard isn't even in it except for the cutaway. 

But then I'm also a bit of a mass effect fanboy so maybe that had something to do with it.

I liked the trailer because it was about Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect 3 is gonna be like ZOMG.
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2010, 11:51:37 PM »
I am excite as fuck for this.
Hi

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2010, 12:49:23 AM »
I liked the trailer because it was about Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect 3 is gonna be like ZOMG.

exactly.  this game is gonna rule cuz it's gonna be all "pew pew" and "choose your own adventure" and "welcome to space."  haters choke on some nuts and sit the fuck down.
pcp

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2010, 03:18:11 AM »
SIT THE FUCK DOWN
DEY TUK DUR JORBS

I'm excited. Bringing the fight to earth makes sense. The past 2 games' main quest and side missions flat out ignored it, even though it was referenced many times (had to travel to the milky way myself to see if the planet is even there). And of course the Collectors were harvesting humans as per request. However I really doubt ME3 in it's entirety will take place on Earth, but I can see most of the action being there, which presents the second scapegoat for the future dissenters (After MP).

Me? I really don't care. All I know is that if Shepard doesn't get help soon, there won't be an earth left to save.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
Unzip

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2010, 04:07:07 AM »
However I really doubt ME3 in it's entirety will take place on Earth

Of course it won't,Shepard will cruise around the galaxy trying to convince other planets(nations) that they are next on the Reapers menu.

2 possibilities for liberating Earth

1.Like in ME2,point of no return,all out attack
2.Small missions,attacking Reapers at specific Earth zones

cat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »
However I really doubt ME3 in it's entirety will take place on Earth

Of course it won't,Shepard will cruise around the galaxy trying to convince other planets(nations) that they are next on the Reapers menu.

2 possibilities for liberating Earth

1.Like in ME2,point of no return,all out attack
2.Small missions,attacking Reapers at specific Earth zones

If that's it, hype meters back to full. I just really don't want ME3 to be more of the same.
SRY

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2010, 06:37:24 AM »
Looked great. But I don't think this will be released in 2011.

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »

Himu

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »
HEY GUYS.

Don't you understand?

Blowing up Big Ben to smithereens  is FAR more important than destroying the Citadel!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »
Humans are the master race!
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »
Haters gonna hate.
dog

Himu

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2010, 12:39:49 PM »
Actually, ME3 is likely going to own my dick but I agree with the sentiment that making humans the destined race for greatness is just typical sci-fi wank but I don't really expect anything more than that.

Can't wait!
IYKYK