Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises script leak FAKE. Nolan casts a small British Bane  (Read 5972 times)

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.” Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven. “The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

BANE:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:31:44 PM by ManaByte »
CBG

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises script leak
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:29 AM »
Holy fucking shit. If real, the end is the complete opposite of the Begins ending. Begins had the perfect awesome Gordon/Batman ending. This is the exact OPPOSITE.

CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:50:57 AM »
Consensus is that it's REAL, but not a final draft. The final draft is apparently just finished. This one is from November.
CBG

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:09:41 PM »
Nolan can do no wrong :bow

ManaByte

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »
Except the ending to this. It needs to be changed.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »
distinguished mentally-challenged ending:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gordon on rooftop again, sans glasses so he's as blind as a bat (HE ACTUALLY SAYS THAT)
Batman appears says "I trust you", and rips off his mask.
Gordon turns away "I'm blind as a bat for a REASON!"
[close]

:rofl
CBG

Robo

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 12:31:47 PM »
They better shoehorn Ledger's corpse in there somehow if they want anyone to give a shit.
obo

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 12:59:06 PM »
I'm gonna read the shit out of this :hyper and man that ending must be fucking awesome if mana hates it.
Drunk

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 01:17:49 PM »
Convoluted?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 01:26:12 PM »
Consensus is that it's REAL

Oh really?

Quote from: io9
Personally, I'm still pretty skeptical that this screenplay is on the level, and Script Flags themselves point out there's a lot here that doesn't quite fit with either Christopher Nolan's previous approach or what is already thought to be known about the movie.

Quote from: Cinema Blend
There's no "insider" at WB emailing it to his friends and I can guarantee that there is an extremely limited number of people who have even touched the paper its written on, let along had the chance to read it. If you come across this story anywhere else online, be sure to ignore it.

Quote from: Batman-News
There’s a rumor going around today that The Dark Knight Rises script has leaked. That’s simply not true.

Quote from: Batman-on-Film
The script for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES has absolutely not been leaked -- either on purpose or accidentally. How do I know? I checked with Warner Bros.! It’s total and complete BS.

And this "news" is nearly a month old.
dog

Robo

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
Back to your hole, Manabyte.
obo

Diunx

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »
smh.
Drunk

Chinner

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 01:42:34 PM »
i heard in the dark knight raises batman goes on a rape rampage. like usual nolan is willing to push the boundaries to make you think.

ManaByte

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »

Oh really?

Personally, I'm still pretty skeptical that this screenplay is on the level, and Script Flags themselves point out there's a lot here that doesn't quite fit with either Christopher Nolan's previous approach or what is already thought to be known about the movie.

There's no "insider" at WB emailing it to his friends and I can guarantee that there is an extremely limited number of people who have even touched the paper its written on, let along had the chance to read it. If you come across this story anywhere else online, be sure to ignore it.

There’s a rumor going around today that The Dark Knight Rises script has leaked. That’s simply not true.

The script for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES has absolutely not been leaked -- either on purpose or accidentally. How do I know? I checked with Warner Bros.! It’s total and complete BS.

Wrong. That's about fake script that was posted to Superhero Hype. This one is new.
http://www.scriptflags.com/2011/01/batmanthe-dark-knight-rises-script.html
A few weeks ago rumors spread like wildfire that a leaked copy of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises script had found its way online, the story originated via a user over at SuperHeroHype's forums and was later de-bunked by sites that got in touch with Warner. The "leaked script" contained elements that had largely been rumored for some time, i.e Catwoman, Talia Al Ghul, Sarah Essen, Hugo Strange, Killer Croc and even included a Bat Chopper. It soon became clear that no "leaked script" existed. Today an actual script has been forwarded to us entitled "The Dark Knight Rises" and if it is fake, its the best fake we have ever come across. 165 pages long dated October 2010 and written by Jonathan Nolan & David Goyer with story by Christopher Nolan. Its is a seriously well constructed and contained work that bears no traits normal fakes harbor.

CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
yeah there is no way this is a fake.

It's real but not the final draft.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »
BTW someone called the number on the cover of the script and it was indeed Syncopy's office.
CBG

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 03:30:33 PM »
distinguished mentally-challenged ending:
Gordon on rooftop again, sans glasses so he's as blind as a bat (HE ACTUALLY SAYS THAT)
Batman appears says "I trust you", and rips off his mask.
Gordon turns away "I'm blind as a bat for a REASON!"
[close]

:rofl
:lol :lol :lol :lol

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
holy shit that's terrible  :lol
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 04:00:37 PM »
considering the ending of the dark knight was fuckin' horribad as well, it's not really surprising
nat

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 04:24:38 PM »
Seems more like a George Lucas script to me.  :smug

ManaByte

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 04:27:13 PM »
The stuff with the Wraith is like the Tumbler chase in Begins times 9000
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 04:37:27 PM »

Oh really?

Wrong. That's about fake script that was posted to Superhero Hype. This one is new.
http://www.scriptflags.com/2011/01/batmanthe-dark-knight-rises-script.html
A few weeks ago rumors spread like wildfire that a leaked copy of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises script had found its way online, the story originated via a user over at SuperHeroHype's forums and was later de-bunked by sites that got in touch with Warner. The "leaked script" contained elements that had largely been rumored for some time, i.e Catwoman, Talia Al Ghul, Sarah Essen, Hugo Strange, Killer Croc and even included a Bat Chopper. It soon became clear that no "leaked script" existed. Today an actual script has been forwarded to us entitled "The Dark Knight Rises" and if it is fake, its the best fake we have ever come across. 165 pages long dated October 2010 and written by Jonathan Nolan & David Goyer with story by Christopher Nolan. Its is a seriously well constructed and contained work that bears no traits normal fakes harbor.

Well, thanks for posting the link right off the bat instead of halfway through the thread!
dog

cool breeze

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
Page 26....yeah, no.  I don't think this is real.

ManaByte

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 04:58:47 PM »

They put "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!" in X3. That didn't surprise me at all in this.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
Warner made Scriptflags remove the links to the script and the sections they quoted in their article. It's real.
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »

They put "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!" in X3. That didn't surprise me at all in this.

So this "they" is also writing The Dark Knight Rises?  :lol
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 05:23:24 PM »
1. Goyer co-wrote it. So to hold it to some Nolan golden pedestal is stupid.
2. Warner is aggressively hunting down any links or quotes from the script. They don't do that with fake scripts.
CBG

cool breeze

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 05:24:41 PM »

They put a meme in a Brett Ratner made Marvel film.  The standards are a bit different here. 

The "goddamn batman" line isn't even youtube popular...it's nerd popular.  I feel like if I read more there would be a scene where Batman paints himself yellow and beats up Ryan Reynolds.  If it was real, it would just be weird for so many reasons.  It's from All Star Batman and Robin, and the line is said to Dick/Robin.  It has been said many times that Robin wouldn't appear in any of these films and most of the material farmed for the older movies are from comics that are about Batman working alone.  Robin doesn't appear, but it's still weird that they'd be using a line from a comic entirely about re-envisioning the origins of Batman and Robin.  Did they read the the issues for research? why? it's pretty much unusuable in the universe created for the films with the Justice League and Robin being important aspects.  Did they do it for popularity reasons? again, why? The Dark Knight was exactly four thousand billion times more popular than some hokey line from a shitty comic--and that's without factoring in an actor's death drawing in that audience.  Also consider the character that says it in the script.  Judge from either how he was presented in the script prior to the line or from his comic appearances.  It's so out of place and stupid.  Either it's real and really dumb or fake and some fan wrote this with a hand down his pants.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 05:26:46 PM »
If only willcunt was here to set this straight
itm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 05:29:50 PM »
1. Goyer co-wrote it. So to hold it to some Nolan golden pedestal is stupid.

Goyer also co-wrote Batman Begins. Goyer also did the story for The Dark Knight. Goyer also did the story for The Dark Knight Rises, which he is no longer involved with, leaving the final draft solely in the hands of the Nolan brothers.
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 05:40:09 PM »
please dear god, no ban bets.  i never understood that shit.

Diunx

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 05:45:28 PM »
You're good for a 3 month ban bet manabyte?

This isn't gaf dude, even if its real this is just the first draft so a lot of things are going to change.
Drunk

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »
You're good for a 3 month ban bet manabyte?

This isn't gaf dude, even if its real this is just the first draft so a lot of things are going to change.

Yeah, I mean, that's kind of the POINT of a rewrite, isn't it? It would be kind of dumb if they wrote the screenplay again, but didn't change anything.
dog

Robo

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:25 PM »
They still need to write in Ledger's corpse, for one.  Maybe he can play a marrionette version of Scarface.  I can already hear the applause...
obo

ManaByte

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 06:20:07 PM »
This draft is from November. The final draft isn't due until this month.
CBG

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »
You people who think it's fake, just have to look harder and find the script within the script. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 07:09:49 PM »
You people who think it's fake, just have to look harder and find the script within the script. 

We gotta go deeper!
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:41 AM »
If Wrath is a sign of how the Nolan cult is going to react to the movie, maybe it'll bomb since they aren't getting the movie they fantasized about?

CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 03:40:04 AM »
Not something he'd do? It fits 100% with the Nolan Batmanverse.

The villains in this one are pretty much the only remaining Batman villains that fit without heavy modification.

Alfred's line about the Batman voice is :lol
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 04:06:12 AM »
Did you even see Begins or TDK?
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 04:11:00 AM »
Then what about Rises doesn't mesh with those?
CBG

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »
It's not like Nolan writing is some great standard that everything should be held to.  It's usually pretty cheesy.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 02:34:37 PM »
It's not like Nolan writing is some great standard that everything should be held to.  It's usually pretty cheesy.

NO MORE DEAD COPS
AMC

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »

NO MORE DEAD COPS

cool breeze

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »
I decided to read the whole thing.  If it is real, it's still weird and probably early.  The last two had some bad scenes, like that entire boat crap from TDK, but this just comes off as straight sloppy in places.  I still doubt that it is real.

Almost everything involving Deadshot is out of place.  Other characters feel too ridiculous if you compare them to the tone of the last two Batman movies.  Even Batman's actions are too cartoony.  It's just a weird direction to go back and be more cartoony than Batman Begins after The Dark Knight; not to say that TDK was realistic with the Joker acting all zany, but the whole 'super hero comic' thing was a lot more reserved.

And yeah, parts of it just feel sloppy.  It starts with a court case where that one company is against Wayne, then at one point that dude dies and Bruce gets a blue diamond from Africa or something and at the end it's all resolved.

And the ending feels like a retread of Batman and Gordon's relationship from the last two movies.  Not only is it completely unnecessary, the way it is expressed is really lame.  I think someone read that one comic that had a similar scene and decided to do something similar, except they didn't know where, so they just threw it at the end.
[close]

ManaByte

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2011, 01:34:51 PM »
Hollywood Reporter confirms that Nolan is trying to cast Talia Al Gul:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/shortlist-actresses-vying-batman-film-70529
CBG

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2011, 04:59:11 PM »
please dear god, no ban bets.  i never understood that shit.
It's the message board equivalent of professional wrestling's "I QUIT" Match.

cool breeze

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2011, 01:17:17 PM »
Tom Hardy is Bane
Anne Hathaway is Selina Kyle

BURBANK, CA, January 19, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”
In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Leaked script is totally real, guys.  They're trying to throw us off by having Bane and Selina Kyle, two characters that don't appear in the script at all.

ManaByte

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 01:20:47 PM »
They're obviously remaking Batman & Robin as there's no way Tom Hardy could be buff enough for Bane.

Nolan sucks confirmed.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 01:23:02 PM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
CBG

cool breeze

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »
the same Tom Hardy that played Charles Bronson isn't buff enough

ok

ManaByte

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2011, 01:27:56 PM »
CBG

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises script leak FAKE. Nolan casts a small British Bane
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »
Is this the part where we laugh at manabyte?

thats always my favorite part. 

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 01:34:42 PM »
yes

:rofl :rofl :rofl
AMC

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 01:35:59 PM »
 :lol

Diunx

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »
Meh, I would rather have the villains from the fake script, bane is really shitty also Rachel Weiz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anne.
Drunk

ManaByte

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 01:43:54 PM »
Bane is the Venom of Batman. Dark Knight Rises = Spider-Man 3
CBG

cool breeze

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »
Meh, I would rather have the villains from the fake script, bane is really shitty also Rachel Weiz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anne.

I'm pretty sure there is going to be another female character.  At least most of the semi-reliable news said there were two female roles, one more good and one more bad or something like that.  The ideas going out were Selina, Vicky Vale (the reporter from the first Burton Batman), and Talia.  Or it could be a new character entirely.  The other thing to consider is that just because Catwoman is in, it doesn't mean that she is the villain; Catwoman is more neutral, as is Talia if she turns up.   basically it could go either way.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
there's no way Tom Hardy could be buff enough for Bane.

Manabyte :rofl :rofl
___

Diunx

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
Bane is the Venom of Batman. Dark Knight Rises = Spider-Man 3

lol did you just read that on gaf? Venom is cool Bane is boring, during the whole knightfall storyline he just sits there barking orders at his main evil minions and then fights and exhausted Batman, after that he starts barking orders at the mob while wearing a suit and a luchador mask.

Drunk