Author Topic: Random videos/images/memes thread  (Read 4259539 times)

FatalT

Re: The New Outside Link Thread: ONLY youtubes, memes, images;etc
« Reply #2040 on: April 22, 2011, 04:36:33 AM »
ITT: Music snobs whine about music.

Himu

« Reply #2041 on: April 22, 2011, 08:51:36 AM »

pro-tip

bluetsu also likes music like this

but doesn't like lady gaga

[youtube=560,345]rtZAzh0TSAo[/youtube]
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2042 on: April 22, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
yeah, because all music must have layered strata of meaningfulness to make it worth listening to  ::)

whats the point of listening to fun party music? All music must make you think  ::) ::)

Listens to Michael Jackson. Bows down.

Listens to Lady Gaga. Says it's generic.

???

Same intent, same purpose: to dance your ass off.

Listens to black dudes talking about copping and selling drugs, AGAIN, for the 50,000th time instead.

Ummm not all Michael Jackson songs were made for the same purpose, and himu you should understand that sure even if both gaga and jackson are of the same genre doesn't mean that they are of the same quality. Gaga is really nothing special, she is talented and is pretty smart when it comes to what the mainstream want but still, she is not a good musician

I'm just noticing the hilarious hypocrisy.

Almost every song on Thriller is about love of some sort.

Listen to Lady Gaga. "This is generic!"

Listen to Michael Jackson. "What a jam!"

Not every Gaga song is meant for dancing either.

I'm not saying they're the same quality, but I don't understand how someone who likes Michael Jackson can't see the appeal of other pop music. It's almost hilarious, really. Saying Gaga is generic because a lot of her music features electronic is like traveling back to the early 80's and say most Michael Jackson songs are generic for featuring soul music and horns. After all, almost everything did back then! Generic!

Music is music.

Unless it's rap.

Because this is how you Gaga haters look:

[youtube=560,345]hqyc37aOqT0[/youtube]

"Heavy use of horns? Generic, he sounds like Phil Collins if he were gay." It just sounds good.

"A video featuring sperm? Phallic imagery? Dancing chickens? Black women and white men dancing together? Surely he's trying to be edgy. What a shock artist." It's fucking COOL.

I don't expect people to like everything but it seems to me most Gaga haters dislike because of her popularity and are reacting simply because of her popularity rather than actually comparing her music to her peers. Which is light years better and actually a lot of fun.

Liking Moloko but trashing Lady Gaga for lacking artistic integrity is hi-fucking-larious.

Liking rap and trashing Gaga even more so.

Also notice the buts.

"Gaga is talented but"

"Gaga has talent but she's nothing special"

???

It's like you're trying your hardest to not admit that Lady Gaga is actually good and fun! Don't want to do that or else the other kids will laugh at me and call me a homo!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:37:16 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2043 on: April 22, 2011, 09:41:43 AM »
The most hilarious people though, are people who like Michael Jackson but don't like rnb/soul/funk. It's like admitting you're an idiot and a racist. "I don't like black people music." "But you like Michael Jackson", "Michael Jackson is not black people music, it's pop".
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2044 on: April 22, 2011, 10:43:21 AM »
The most annoying thing about Lady Gaga are the people defending/criticizing her and them having the same arguments over and over.  Good lord.  It's like I told my wife, she's not bad.  I don't listen to her music and think "oh god, turn it off" but I do listen to her music and think "what's the big deal?"  It's just not my thing I guess (maybe i'm not gay enough :teehee).  If I have to hear one more person talk about her being the second coming of pop, I'll fucking shoot them! 

2nd most annoying thing about her? Rihanna and everyone else imitating her after she came out.  GODDAMMIT! WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO TRY TO SOUND LIKE THE NEW THING IN TOWN?!  I fucking hate listening to modern music and the radio mainly because it's indistinguishable within genres. 

3rd most annoying thing?  I don't care about what she wore last night or that crazy new thing she did in her video.  Ugh.

P.S. I like MJ's music because of the rnb/soul/funk influence and that's why it stands out in the pop genre to me.

Himu

« Reply #2045 on: April 22, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
Yeah, Gaga's not the second coming of pop or even the queen of pop.

But she makes enjoyable music.

The true queen:

[youtube=560,345]lYVWoi72Ow4[/youtube]
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2046 on: April 22, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
For a moment I thought you were gonna post Britney.  Now that's some unbearable pop music.  I can't stand that shit.

Himu

« Reply #2047 on: April 22, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »
me either, dude
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2048 on: April 22, 2011, 12:05:32 PM »
quiet sheltered nerds prefer sensitive introspective music, news at 11

The most hilarious people though, are people who like Michael Jackson but don't like rnb/soul/funk. It's like admitting you're an idiot and a racist. "I don't like black people music." "But you like Michael Jackson", "Michael Jackson is not black people music, it's pop".

if i had a dime for every white hipster who trashes rap and r&b but constantly plays beastie boys, m.i.a., and amy winehouse i would be able to afford a gun so i could shoot them all

see also: white douchebags who love eminem
pcp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2049 on: April 22, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »
Michael Jackson made good music, Gaga makes bad music. Outside of being in somewhat similar genres, that's where the comparisons end.

I don't remember anyone arguing Jackson was some deep artist. The problem is that everything Gaga does is heralded as "deep" by her fans when in reality her lyrics are generally laughable, and her videos are a mess. Is she talented? Of course. But that doesn't change the fact that many of her hits liberally mine other past electro hits for entire melodies, which she then pretentiously claims are hers from god himself.

I don't listen to pop, and when I do I'm not really listening to the lyrics to determine whether the song is good - unless they're an abomination. If it's a good melody, catchy etc I'm down with it. Born This Way has a killer melody, but it's ripped from other songs, mainly Madonna. Gaga often has catchy choruses between horrible verses, with overproduced generic electro pop beats beating you over the head one umph at a time.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:28:50 PM by Phoenix Dark »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2050 on: April 22, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »

pro-tip

Roisin is my personal Queen :heart She's infinitely more classy than Lady Gaga and she can create great pop music without constantly pandering to her fanbase. Gaga is just a big ol' cigarillo hag. Bitch is gonna be this generations Liza Minnelli.
:9

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2051 on: April 22, 2011, 02:36:23 PM »
Wow, there's a whole lot of terrible social commentary going on in this thread all because of an overrated performer.
püp

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2052 on: April 22, 2011, 02:42:52 PM »
Real talk, Pre-Thriller Michael Jackson stomps on Thriller and Post-Thriller Michael as an artist.  Rock with you :heart

[youtube=560,345]5X-Mrc2l1d0[/youtube]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2053 on: April 22, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »
Pfft.  Nothing tops the Bad album.  Perfect fucking album.  Just Good Friends is the only song that's not great. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2054 on: April 22, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
the problem is the pir8 guy is the worlds worst pir8. If a movie is gonna take 253 hours to download you may want to find a new torrent.

I pir8 films because we don't have Netflix or equivalent here, it fucking sucks. I'd gladly pay a monthly sub to stream shit but you don't give me that option, fuck ya. Also every new movie is SHIT anyway. I want hollywood to get fucked in the ass and make more creative films. It's a disgusting bloated industry, which needs to crash.

Also the irony is, that propaganda is the shit you see when you're already watching a REAL DVD, and it's unskippable.

You can imagine the reptilian bottom feeding reptiles that created that shit. "Yeah! Real Americans high five when they are watching our glorious American made blockbusters!" If they were drinking beers and smoking joints the over the top behaviour would make sense, I mean I'll typically hump the couch and scream when I'm wasted and watching Problem Child or some shit

strongvpn.com

netflix.com

Is your money where your mouth is yet?

Netflix's streaming content doesn't offer anywhere near the amount of movies that they offer on DVD though.
ど助平

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2055 on: April 22, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
Reading some comments about Gaga and there seemingly being a "Madonna trajectory" going on with her career. One example would be Alejandro being her "La Isla Bonita". smh

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2056 on: April 22, 2011, 04:08:32 PM »
The problem is that everything Gaga does is heralded as "deep" by

no one here is arguing that. i'm just saying that her music is simple yet catchy and enjoyable - y'know, cuz its POP MUSIC - and the hate is way over-the-top (especially the misoginistic stuff; come on guys). if you want to hear some seriously BAD pop music just listen to a top 40 station for a half hour. a lot of the anger seems more directed at the fact that she's a female pop star who plays up her persona or the idea that she manufactures controversy. yet a pop star that downplays their fame is disingenous, and most of the controversy surrounding her is about stuff that should be completely acceptable - i.e. that shes open about her sexuality and that she supports gay rights.
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2057 on: April 22, 2011, 04:26:24 PM »
Reading some comments about Gaga and there seemingly being a "Madonna trajectory" going on with her career. One example would be Alejandro being her "La Isla Bonita". smh

Except La Isla Bonita is a good song, and Madonna is hot in the video for it. So that's two differences there. Also Madonna didn't dry hump gay Nazis with Moe haircuts.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:28:18 PM by Joe Molotov® EDGE™ »
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #2058 on: April 22, 2011, 05:47:18 PM »

pro-tip

Roisin is my personal Queen :heart She's infinitely more classy than Lady Gaga and she can create great pop music without constantly pandering to her fanbase. Gaga is just a big ol' cigarillo hag. Bitch is gonna be this generations Liza Minnelli.

You expect class from pop music? I love Moloko but come on.

Also pandering to her fanbase? What pop star DOESN'T do this?

The problem is that everything Gaga does is heralded as "deep" by

no one here is arguing that. i'm just saying that her music is simple yet catchy and enjoyable - y'know, cuz its POP MUSIC - and the hate is way over-the-top (especially the misoginistic stuff; come on guys). if you want to hear some seriously BAD pop music just listen to a top 40 station for a half hour. a lot of the anger seems more directed at the fact that she's a female pop star who plays up her persona or the idea that she manufactures controversy. yet a pop star that downplays their fame is disingenous, and most of the controversy surrounding her is about stuff that should be completely acceptable - i.e. that shes open about her sexuality and that she supports gay rights.

I still think there's more depth and artistic merit in the average gaga song than any rap song PD pimps.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:51:17 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2059 on: April 22, 2011, 05:56:54 PM »

pro-tip

[youtube=560,345]rtZAzh0TSAo[youtube]

You expect class from pop music? I love Moloko but come on.

Also pandering to her fanbase? What pop star DOESN'T do this?

Class? Yes! Thats the problem here, Lady Gaga has lowered the bar.

And about pandering, of course all Pop stars do this but Gaga and her fans have been pooping back  into eachothers buttholes way too much. Fortunately the fans are tiring of it.

Himu

« Reply #2060 on: April 22, 2011, 05:58:51 PM »
I don't see Lady Gaga has lowered the bar. When you think of pop stars lowering the class bar you think of Ke$ha and Katy Perry. Lady Gaga is harmless. ???

Also I don't see what's wrong with enjoying your fanbase. Lady Gaga made a country version of Born This Way. That's fucking awesome. In this day and age of twitter and facebook and social networking, you would be an idiot to NOT pander to your audience.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #2061 on: April 22, 2011, 05:59:57 PM »
all I can say of Lady Gaga is that she isn't worth this much conversation
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:03:56 PM by etiolate »

Himu

« Reply #2062 on: April 22, 2011, 06:01:05 PM »
Himuro is really against hiphop.

Hip hop has done more damage to international culture, music, and general role models than anything I can think of in pop culture. Its influence on almost every genre has been awful. Hip hop is shit.

You wanna talk about lack of class, look at hip hop.
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2063 on: April 22, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »
you would be an idiot to NOT pander to your audience.

Until you end up writing "Judas"  :'(

And I can't stand Hip Hop either. It ruined mainstream R&B.

Himu

« Reply #2064 on: April 22, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »
Judas is a great song!

Born This Way is the real offender. The lyrics are sensationalist reactionary pap. But it grew on me, mostly due to the video which is BANANAS.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2065 on: April 22, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »
Speaking of shock artistry, are her subdermal implants real or fake?
They're fake, if you look at actual ones, you can see how differently skin forms over them. Those are just prosthetic forehead... OMFGBBQ, Lady Gaga has STOLEN from They Might Be Giants!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2066 on: April 22, 2011, 06:53:10 PM »
Lyrics are  :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[youtube=560,345]X0DeIqJm4vM[/youtube]
[close]

Edit: Forgot the YouTube tags.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:34:42 PM by chronovore »

Himu

« Reply #2067 on: April 22, 2011, 07:00:45 PM »
What a thief
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2068 on: April 22, 2011, 08:07:50 PM »
Himu complaining about meaningless lyricism in rap while pimping Dark Fantasy. No real point in addressing him on that. derp derp indeed. Not to mention the "lack of class" dig while pimping generic Eurotrash techno

Much of hip hop's influence on other genres is due to hip hop's origins as an evolution of electro. Both genres feature sample heavy production, call and response, melodies, etc. Like him or not, Soulja Boy initially wasn't too different from many dance rap artists from the 90s, 80s, etc.

Hip hop is in a fine state, just not on the radio. Perhaps the same is true of techno/pop, which has been mining house music to create massive club hits.

Himu

« Reply #2069 on: April 22, 2011, 08:23:51 PM »
I never said that Dark Fantasy's lyrics were good. it is indeed, vapid. But it's still musically superior to any other recent hip hop album.

Onl reason I brought up lack of class was because of what bluetsu said.

Hip hop is shit.
IYKYK

Powerslave

« Reply #2070 on: April 22, 2011, 08:28:55 PM »
roma ro rara ohma oh lala rara gagaga

Himu

« Reply #2071 on: April 22, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »
roma ro rara ohma oh lala rara gagaga

(Image removed from quote.)

You've never heard of singers who do that? Your own fault.
IYKYK

Powerslave

« Reply #2072 on: April 22, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »
No, that's not a good argument, you're a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2073 on: April 22, 2011, 08:35:06 PM »
I never said that Dark Fantasy's lyrics were good. it is indeed, vapid. But it's still musically superior to any other recent hip hop album.

Onl reason I brought up lack of class was because of what bluetsu said.

Hip hop is shit.

You probably didn't hear another hip hop album outside of DF last year.

Gaga is shit

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2074 on: April 22, 2011, 08:51:02 PM »
PD step off my nicca, Dark Fantasy was fucking great.
püp

Himu

« Reply #2075 on: April 22, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
Wrong on both accounts, PD.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2076 on: April 22, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »
what hip hop albums from 2010 did you listen to

And I'm NOT hating on DF, Brandknew

Himu

« Reply #2077 on: April 22, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »
No, that's not a good argument, you're a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

If I put every time Michael said "ooh, aah! WHOO!" on a song it'd look distinguished mentally-challenged in lyric form too.

When heard though, it's really catchy.
IYKYK

Powerslave

« Reply #2078 on: April 22, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »
I was just addressing that particular cringe-worthy line. It sounds awful. Stop trying to turn everything into a discussion.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2079 on: April 22, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »
Ow! Hee hee hee

I honestly find hip hops grunts and uhs and yeahs more offensive and annoying than gagas or mjs weird noises.

Also, personal pet peeve. I hate when whoa is included in lyrics. Like there's this Spanish song that goes baby re quiero whoa whoa and I can't fucking stand it. So aggravating.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2080 on: April 22, 2011, 10:12:53 PM »
or
[youtube=560,345]hkzl0zHIE2k[/youtube]

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2081 on: April 22, 2011, 10:38:15 PM »
I don't think Gaga is terrible; I just think she is overrated and fell into the trap about having to outdo herself on a regular basis.  Now every single she releases is meant to drum up controversy; people are going to get sick of her act soon enough.  Madonna was smart enough to have some backing to her music so that way when the controversy shakes out, it could hold up on their own.  Lady Gaga is going the Marilyn Manson route: he wears a silver suit with tits but has shitty music.  Once people were no longer wowed by his shocking persona, people saw there was nothing left and that was that.

Himu complaining about meaningless lyricism in rap while pimping Dark Fantasy. No real point in addressing him on that. derp derp indeed. Not to mention the "lack of class" dig while pimping generic Eurotrash techno

Much of hip hop's influence on other genres is due to hip hop's origins as an evolution of electro. Both genres feature sample heavy production, call and response, melodies, etc. Like him or not, Soulja Boy initially wasn't too different from many dance rap artists from the 90s, 80s, etc.

Hip hop is in a fine state, just not on the radio. Perhaps the same is true of techno/pop, which has been mining house music to create massive club hits.

Agreed.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #2082 on: April 22, 2011, 10:45:32 PM »
The difference between Gaga and Manson is that Gaga isn't shit.

Hip hop's influence on other genres has nothing to do with its big brother electronic, it has more to do with the fact that it's 'in'. It almost feels like every song these days has to have some random ass rapper.

Rap has permeated almost every genre, poisoning them in turn.

A blight on music, it is shit.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2083 on: April 22, 2011, 10:55:26 PM »
So you're entire argument hinges on current trends instead of the genre's actual influence on pop, techno, etc? So in short, you're making general statements based on nothing more than "hurr them rappers featured on my pop club bangers, booo" lol. ok

You know what is actually "in" and permeating every genre? Electronic music. Manufactured, record label approved house.

Himu

« Reply #2084 on: April 22, 2011, 11:05:41 PM »
But guitar solos are awesome.
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #2085 on: April 22, 2011, 11:09:58 PM »
ffs, more posting funny links, less gaga debate
[youtube=560,345]V55Zq5whVCI&NR=1[/youtube]

hahahahahaha

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #2086 on: April 22, 2011, 11:12:08 PM »
[youtube=560,345]hrIWeFJhnBY&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

this is actually so bad it's good. I laughed after 5 seconds cos the DX theme is funnies

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2087 on: April 22, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »
Hell, most radio rock songs in general don't have guitar solos anymore. It has become a dying art, as Lars argued in that Metallica doc. Which is unfortunate

Himu

« Reply #2088 on: April 22, 2011, 11:28:23 PM »
PUDDLE OF MUDD
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2089 on: April 22, 2011, 11:42:59 PM »
In the 70s- mid 90s there was so much emphasis on The Guitar Player as a mythic figure worthy of praise, imitation, etc. Yet it seems like toward the end of the 90s, things began to move more toward repetitive dunanananananananaananan riffs, shorter songs, etc. Whether the band was imitating Radiohead or Nirvana, the end result was less guitar solos and more wailing and strumming guitars.

Himu

« Reply #2090 on: April 22, 2011, 11:45:16 PM »
What do you think about the bass solo in Airbag? It is literally the same riff over and over for like 40 seconds and yet it owns.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2091 on: April 22, 2011, 11:45:32 PM »
[youtube=560,345]z_lwocmL9dQ[/youtube]
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2092 on: April 23, 2011, 12:49:14 AM »
[youtube=560,345]ngmz7Dfs9CU[/youtube]
>>>>Gaga's career

drew

• sy
« Reply #2093 on: April 23, 2011, 12:53:52 AM »
eddie can't even play eruption anymore

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #2094 on: April 23, 2011, 01:33:43 AM »
yet angus young can still hit every fukkin note in his repertoire and he's like 80
USA

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2095 on: April 23, 2011, 01:49:37 AM »
Something?  He was (and probably still is) an alcoholic and a druggie.
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2096 on: April 23, 2011, 02:07:39 AM »
Wasted potential. They could have made so much money touring if it wasn't for bullshit disputes and drugs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2097 on: April 23, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
[youtube=560,345]SxJAHSX-PBM[/youtube]
©@©™

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
nat

OptimoPeach

« Reply #2099 on: April 23, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »
Wanted to make a joke about Himuro being an avid reader of omg rite's music blog or something but this is hilarious enough as is

I'd get wit Katrina

+1. Loving the whole pouty cokehead thing she has going on
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 07:17:11 PM by OptimoPeach »
hi5