Author Topic: $4 gallon gas in CA. Why the fuck can't I buy a Honda Clarity yet?  (Read 790 times)

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/41721766

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Fuck battery-powered electric cars and their limited range. I want one of those, but they're lease-only in CA and there's only about three dealerships with them AND it's a $600/month lease.
CBG

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Re: $4 gallon gas in CA. Why the fuck can't I buy a Honda Clarity yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »
I can't understand why this tech is not out of the state of CA yet?  They've been talking about hydrogen powered cars for the last decade now.  Although, I do remember that the last time I heard it discussed, they wanted to figure out a way to exchange hydrogen fuel cells at the stations that used to be gas stations.
WTF

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:42:06 PM »
I'm surprised it's not more than that in CA by now.  Hell, it's nearly $4 a gallon in Kentucky.
WTF

Corporal

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »
So I take it they have finally found a way to counter the ridiculous aging of the fuel cells? Awesome.

Obligatory EU whine:
0.77€/l? :o
Here in Munich it's around 1.50€/l at the moment...
!list

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 06:22:15 PM »
Holy shit! Gas hasn't been that cheap here in like ten years, you guys have it easy.
Drunk

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 07:00:20 PM »
My motorcycle gets 44mpg city, and it doesn't make me look questionable:smug

I'm really tempted to jump onto the motorbike bandwagon, now that I will shortly have a garage to store it in.

Save bucketloads of money on gas and rocket around like a badass?  Where do I sign up? :pimp
MMA

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »
I can't understand why this tech is not out of the state of CA yet?  They've been talking about hydrogen powered cars for the last decade now.  Although, I do remember that the last time I heard it discussed, they wanted to figure out a way to exchange hydrogen fuel cells at the stations that used to be gas stations.

In CA you can only lease the Clarity from about three dealerships that are within "range" of stations that have hydrogen pumps.
CBG

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »
I'd recommend it! But be aware that if you ride, you're gonna fall eventually. It's gonna happen.
I fell on my friends dads bike.  lost control on some asphalt, hit a curb and flipped over the handles and was a few feet short of slamming into a brick wall.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 11:14:56 AM »
My motorcycle gets 44mpg city, and it doesn't make me look questionable:smug

I'm really tempted to jump onto the motorbike bandwagon, now that I will shortly have a garage to store it in.

Save bucketloads of money on gas and rocket around like a badass?  Where do I sign up? :pimp
I started riding when I was 7 or 8, on a tiny little 50 cc dirtbike. I've ridden up to 900cc, with my favorite being a 550cc Ninja I rode a bit in college. I love riding. But I like living more, and most bike-involved accidents are not the rider's fault. So I don't ride anymore.