Author Topic: [XBLA/PSN] Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition - August 24th, $15  (Read 7098 times)

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I always shortcut my quarter circle supers in 3s  :'(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Seems like some of you are too used to SSF4's shortcuts. 

3rd Strike still feels weird to me though.  SF4 feels much smoother to me in comparison.

Is there one? I mean a good one? I'd recommend one of the 360 pads with the transforming d-pad but I had one of those break while I was failing at mortal kombat

my friend had a good mad catz one. there's also a solid looking hori pad

The problem with the Hori pad is the shoulder buttons.  They are weird and somewhat uncomfortable to use.
ど助平

Beezy

3rd Strike still feels weird to me though.  SF4 feels much smoother to me in comparison.
I thought it was just me.

Himu

I was never a big fan of 3S. I mean, it's good, but over half the cast bores me or isn't fun to use so I just stick with Chun or Ken/Ryu.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Q
o_0

Beezy

Q
Charge characters feel odd to me in this game.

Robo

Seems like some of you are too used to SSF4's shortcuts. 

I think another part of it is the cancel windows on stuff being way smaller for the most part, with a few notable exceptions.  Trying to get Aegis Reflector to come out after a shoulder tackle in Urien's trials was a serious pain in the ass.  I don't remember it ever being that difficult.  It would be helpful if training mode had an input display so I could see what the hell I was actually rolling.
obo

Robo

Q
Charge characters feel odd to me in this game.

Don't think of them as charge characters; they're not, really.  The game isn't designed with classic charge characters in mind, so you're not generally looking for charge opportunities; it's rushdown oriented, turtling doesn't work, the parry system ruins charge, and most charge attacks on their own are pretty bad, too, unlike SF2/4.  Q's dash punches, for instance, shouldn't be used much outside of combos because they're so telegraphed and easy to parry.  They're only practical in command grab combos or for punishing something and canceling into SA1.  Urien's and Alex's tackles are similar. 

Of everyone, Urien is probably the closest to a classic charge character, and he's also one of the more difficult characters to use effectively.
obo

Robo

This game is so fucked up.  It makes me wait a few minutes for "Syncing Stats" when I try to create a Player Match, and then the game locks up before it creates it.  >:(
obo

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Yeah, the online is pretty messed up. Ranked match is unplayable, and 95% of the player matches I try to join I can't connect to.

:bow SF3 Third Strike Offline Edition
BiSH

Robo

Re: [XBLA/PSN] Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition - August 24th, $15
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2011, 07:44:01 PM »
Patch slated for Sept. 27th:

- Fixes a bug that made it difficult to get into a Ranked Match, especially during times of peak traffic.
    - Fixes a bug that could cause players to have very large disconnection percentages (> 100)
    - Fixes a bug that could cause characters to become invisible online, or to be displayed with incorrect colors.
    - Fixes a bug that sometimes caused Hugo’s combo trial #2 to not detect correctly
    - Fixes a bug that permitted an exploit in Trial mode when using “stun” settings
    - Fixes some rare crashes
    - Improves network stability
    - Adds support for additional DLC packs
    - Raises the online level cap

The patch is currently going through the submissions process, and we are targeting a 9/27 release date. Make sure to check back as we will have more news about this update.

Also, we are working on another patch that will address some additional items, as well as add some new functionality to the game (hello dummy recording in training mode!).

Best news is that there's yet another patch in the works, hopefully looking to add some of the obvious oversights (like the lack of input display in training mode) and fix Twelve's X.C.O.P.Y. voice, which is like the only reason to even play Twelve.
obo

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »
Glad they're improving matchmaking. Last time I played it took like 3 minutes to get a match and it was against some guy in Japan (which was incredibly laggy of course).
BiSH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2011, 09:32:41 AM »
When are those music packs coming out?

ど助平