Author Topic: [XBLA/PSN] Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition - August 24th, $15  (Read 7099 times)

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
New trailer:
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Arcade perfect (we'll see)
GGPO
YouTube sharing

Finally something good came out of this E3 :bow

(I couldn't find any thread for this game, not sure if I missed it)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:41:38 PM by iconoclast »
BiSH

Beezy

:punch MAKOTO! :punch

Robo

:bow
obo

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Wow finally something good about E3. CPS-3 animation :bow2 :bow2 :bow2
^_^

Robo

Some additional details via eventscrubs:

FEATURES

• Street Fighter® Continues: Set in a timeline after Street Fighter® IV, follow the next chapter in the epic Street Fighter universe.

• GGpo-Enabled online play: Street Fighter III: Third Strike online Edition will be the first pure fighting game to use true GGPO-enabled online functionality, allowing for pixel-perfect arcade play online, including a matching system and leaderboards.

• Unchanged Arcade Gameplay: Utmost care was taken to maintain an arcade perfect experience and preserve the deep gameplay system that has become revered as one of the most sophisticated in the fighting genre.

• Upgraded visuals: With new art and UI matched to hand-tuned HD filtering options, players can customize their viewing experience to their preference, even playing in a simulated arcade cabinet.

• YouTube replay Sharing: Not only will players be able to watch local and global match replays in-game, but with a click of a button they can upload replays directly to YouTube to share with the rest of the world.

• Watch with Friends: A new channel that broadcasts a continuous live feed of the best match being played at any given moment, and also enables searches for specific matches to be viewed solo or with buddies.

• Special Features and unlockables: Optional side panel appears on-screen to provide challenges and track progress as players push their limits to unlock achievements and rewards.

Genre: Fighting
Platforms: PlayStation® Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade
# players: 1 or 2
Release Date: 2011
ESRB rating: T for Teen
Price: $14.99 / 1,200 MS Points
Developer: Capcom
obo

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Youtube sharing is so awesome. I wish SSF4 had that.
BiSH

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
:bow THE GOAT :bow2

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
#3SOE info: 8 player lobby with spectate option.

#3SOE: In a lobby the next pair of players get to play rather than winner rotating through losers. Unsure if you can alter this in option.

#3SOE will have 100 trials and 100 challenges to earn points for use to unlock some 200 items from the Gallery Vault.

Courtesy of TheShend on Twitter.

:bow
BiSH

Robo

Walkthrough of the graphical settings and some of the in-game features:

http://www.thedailydl.com/the-rundown-on-street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-part-1/
http://www.thedailydl.com/the-rundown-on-street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-part-2/

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:bow quick button config at the character select screen :bow2
:bow SCANLINES :bow2
:bow urien's package :bow2
[close]
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
It sounds great.  I much prefer (S)SF4 to SF3, but I am still gonna be all over this.  I just hope the lobby options do include a normal "winner stays" option too.
ど助平

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Those videos are amazing. Is an outside company porting this, or is Capcom doing it internally? If it's outsourced, I'm so glad that Capcom found a company that puts quality above all else. This is as good, if not better than an M2 port. Even if I hated SF3 I would buy this day one just to support great work like that.

Plus, I'm really glad to see that the guy demoing the game knows what he's doing. That is depressingly rare.

:bow Capgod
BiSH

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
I love 3rd Strike.

HUGO v HUGO
itm

Akala

• Easy Victor
this was only barely on the radar for me...but they really did put a lot into it.

Rman

Chun, Yun, Ken all day, everday on online battles I'd wager.

Robo

Stop pissing on my hopes and dreams, Rman.   :'(
obo

Rman

Hey.  I'm still going to have fun with the game as I'm not a tier whore.  Ibuki 4 lyfe.  I do appreciate this treatment as opposed to how ST was mangled.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
akuma. online plebs love themselves some Akuma.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

3rd Strike walkthrough with the game's producer in the second half of the show

OT, but SFxTK looks pretty good. Not sure if I like how everything is a chain combo though, it seems a little too simple. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:16:23 PM by iconoclast »
BiSH

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Re: [XBLA/PSN] Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition - Summer 2011
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »
Giantbomb quick look with Seth Killian and Derek Neal (the producer of this game): http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-online-edition/17-4647/
BiSH

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
This is out tomorrow (Tuesday) on PSN, by the way.
BiSH

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
I wuz gonna play my SF Anniversary PS2 game on my PC- but I guess this is ok too rite lol
o_0

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
This is out tomorrow (Tuesday) on PSN, by the way.

Gonna be weird going back to this after so much SF4, but I'm ready!

I wuz gonna play my SF Anniversary PS2 game on my PC- but I guess this is ok too rite lol

Why do that when you can load up a ROM instead?   :P

But this game is getting great treatment and has DAT GGPO, so I'm all over it.
ど助平

MrAngryFace

SO I CAN TELL ALL MY COOL FRIENDS I EMULATE PS2 GAMES OF COURSE
o_0

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
That's not cool.  TEH ROMZZ is cool.  HAX
ど助平

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
I haven't played SF3 in years, and I was never any good to begin with. I'm gonna put some time into this and learn how to play it properly... and I think I'll try to pick up Yun first. Genei Jin :drool
BiSH

MrAngryFace

I LEGALLY OWN THE DISC I CREATED THE ISOFORDONTASKMEWHEREIGOTTHEBIOSFILES
o_0

Himu

i miss your caps

you're the reason i love caps
IYKYK

Robo

I play 3S off and on and it's REALLY jarring for the first few hours if you're used to Super Link-Fighter 4.  Apparently the character trials are relevant to mid-/high-level play, so that should alleviate some of the pain of trying to get caught up.  Hopefully they go through the Urien unblockable set-ups so I don't have to scour the internets trying to remember what they are.

Oro SA2 unblockables is probably asking too much since they're character specific.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:16:12 PM by Robo »
obo

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
the remixed music is up on youtube and surprise surprise it's not as good as the O.G. shit.

:elephant BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD BEATS IN MY HEAD  :elephant

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
The game is out on PSN today.

First time I loaded it up...it froze my PS3.   :lol  Saw others mentioning random crashes here and there.  It didn't crash on me again.

You can choose which music you want to use for each stage after you unlock the remixed themes, which is awesome.  Online is pretty good, but I'm not as impressed with the GGPO implementation as I expected to be.  Graphics are AWESOME.  The game looks fantastic on HDTVs.

It's also really, really hard getting into this game after so much SF4.  I still like SSF4 over this.
ど助平

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Select and make your first pick
10, 9, 8, 7, 6
Choose and pick the best one
5, 4, 3, 2, 1
10, 9, 8, 7, 6
5, 4, 3, 2, 1
10, 9, 8, 7, 6
5, 4, 3, 2, 1
10, 9, 8, 7, 6
5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Robo

Make the first move, so what's it gon' be?
You trapped in the new world of STREET FIGHTER THREE
The third chapter, yo what's it gon' be?
You trapped in the new world of STREET FIGHTER THREE
Fight for the future, so what's it gon' be?
The third strike y'all, it's STREET FIGHTER THREEEEEEE

so who wanna blood dance wit me?  :elephant
obo

Sho Nuff

WTF download link isn't showing up on XBL

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
I don't think it'll be up for another 3-4 hours or so. That's when XBLA games usually get released here anyway.
BiSH

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Yeah, usually around 7-8pm Sydney time, which is about 3-4hrs away.
itm

Sho Nuff

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu deus ex time I guess

MrAngryFace

All about Q
o_0

Bebpo

How's the lag?  I already have 3S on DC/Ps2 so don't see a reason to upgrade unless this has perfect online play.

Beezy

downloading

Tucah

I completely forgot about this and I packed up my PS3 already because I'm moving this week  :gloomy

Beezy

:bow Alex :bow2

I'm just looking for a character right now. Makoto feels different from how she is in SF4. It's gonna take a while to get use to her. Think I'll mess around with Alex and Elena for now.

Robo

How's the lag?  I already have 3S on DC/Ps2 so don't see a reason to upgrade unless this has perfect online play.

You shouldn't notice "lag", as it were, but the GGPO system is a little weird if you've never used it before.  It "predicts" things that will happen and rolls the action back if it was wrong.  In other words, and you'll definitely notice this if you play, you might hit someone at the end of the round and hear the K.O. sound cue, but then the game will roll the action back, show the block effect because they didn't actually get hit, and the round will continue.  It gets noticably worse on poor connections.  It fucks with hit verification pretty badly, but that's the conciliation for lagless online play.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:16:52 PM by Robo »
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

fubarduck Ryan Harvey

My verdict on 3SO: 360 timing offline feels very similar to arcade. PS3 on the same setup feels laggy. I think it's more than 1F. 360 FTW.

The online is really, really good Bebpo, and the game also looks awesome on HDTVs. 
ど助平

MrAngryFace

Q needs to be in SF4
o_0

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Q needs to be in SF4

I would have rather had Q, Hugo (SFxTK WOOT!), Elena, or Alex in place of the twins.
ど助平

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Just did Yun's first 4 trials. I had some trouble with his third one (mainly the s.MP xx super part), but I got it eventually. The 4th trial was easy, and then I got to his 5th... fuck that. They're calling these his bread and butter combos, so I think Yun takes too much execution for me. :(

Parrying Oro's super. :lol That was fun.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:10:08 PM by iconoclast »
BiSH

MrAngryFace

the AI in this release is pretty nuts- that and I havent used Q in years.
o_0

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
MAF, do you use a joystick?  I buy all these nice joysticks but I can't pull off crap on them. 

MrAngryFace

Yeah- was using a pad tonight- just toolin around with it. Im not fighting game master tho- thats for sure.
o_0

Himu

360 or ps3

if anyone has this for ps3 plz game share
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

360 all the way- ps3 is my bluray player amirite
o_0

Himu

i need a fight pad for 360
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

Is there one? I mean a good one? I'd recommend one of the 360 pads with the transforming d-pad but I had one of those break while I was failing at mortal kombat
o_0

Beezy

Himu

Is there one? I mean a good one? I'd recommend one of the 360 pads with the transforming d-pad but I had one of those break while I was failing at mortal kombat

my friend had a good mad catz one. there's also a solid looking hori pad
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
I use the Mad Catz pad.  I got one after finally realizing that a good stick won't make me a master.   

It's pretty good except for the shoulders.  I can pull off most specials pretty easily.  Supposedly they're not too reliable but mine has been pretty solid for several months now.  I'd love to get a Sega pad but I heard that most of the ones on the market are just imitations. 

Enl

I had to switch to the MadCatz pad from my TE Stick. For some reason I could barely pull off a 2X QCF supers on the stick in this game. With the pad I could pull it off with no problem.
mmm

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
I had to switch to the MadCatz pad from my TE Stick. For some reason I could barely pull off a 2X QCF supers on the stick in this game. With the pad I could pull it off with no problem.

:lol Same. I can do Yun's lp, lk, mp xx super on a pad almost every time, but with the stick I have a hard time canceling into the super. I think we've just gotten sloppy due to SF4's very lenient inputs.
BiSH

Robo

Yup, same here.  Can't roll supers for shit.
obo

Enl

I can pull off fireballs and dragon punches with no problem on the stick but when it comes time to do two of those motions together the game tells me "nuh uh".  I found a tidbit on GAF that kinda helped where the shortcut motion for supers is QCF > D > DF + Attack. Doing that sometimes worked for me more often than the actual command.
mmm