Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1249256 times)

So should I move on or give her one more shot?

The Jesus ship has sailed. She probably belatedly realized you were mooslim :teehee

If she was really interested, she would have made time for you and been more active in contacting you. Besides, even if she was interested, I'm not sure you want to waste your time with someone who is either half-assing this stuff or playing games with you. The stark contrast between your first meeting and her response to your text is a red flag. Who ever heard of 18-21 y.o. undergrads being charitable to strangers? Especially girls? At least guys that age are aware of their dumbassery. Female undergrads have a tone of sullen defensiveness with strangers. Or friends. Or family.

The whole thing was strange. Time to move on.

Consider it a lesson learned - don't text them, call them.

Oblivion

O, you're fit as fuck, why do you put up with this shit?

Are you an emotional husk inside or something I should know about?

Thanks. For the past few years my contact with women was pretty limited, since I've was working all the time. I've been on quite a few dates, sure but almost all of them are from women I met online. I don't get an opportunity to meet women normally, though that might change since I started school again.

So should I move on or give her one more shot?

The Jesus ship has sailed. She probably belatedly realized you were mooslim :teehee

If she was really interested, she would have made time for you and been more active in contacting you. Besides, even if she was interested, I'm not sure you want to waste your time with someone who is either half-assing this stuff or playing games with you. The stark contrast between your first meeting and her response to your text is a red flag. Who ever heard of 18-21 y.o. undergrads being charitable to strangers? Especially girls? At least guys that age are aware of their dumbassery. Female undergrads have a tone of sullen defensiveness with strangers. Or friends. Or family.

The whole thing was strange. Time to move on.

Consider it a lesson learned - don't text them, call them.

Yeah, it's not that I'm pining over her, it's just that this whole thing was really weird. I'm more confused than angry/annoyed.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #6902 on: September 01, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »
Hey, you never know. Maybe she's apart of a Christian cult that has a sex sacrament. (Image removed from quote.)

:nsfw
http://www.vice.com/read/sex-church

If there is any country that gets its christianity more crazy mixed up than the USA, it's Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingō,_Aomori#Tomb_of_Jesus_Christ

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #6903 on: September 01, 2014, 11:08:47 PM »
I've been talking to a girl for the past couple of weeks from OkCupid. Things were going really really well lately and I was really starting to like her. She told me tonight that she wanted us to slow down and be friends first.

so, we are still talking but it doesn't look like we're going to be dating anytime soon.  :(
WTF

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6904 on: September 01, 2014, 11:10:59 PM »
God just thought it wasn't meant to be
fat

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #6905 on: September 02, 2014, 12:46:33 AM »
I uh met a girl and um ... don't judge my judgment
QED

Beezy

« Reply #6906 on: September 04, 2014, 09:13:58 PM »
Guys, I finally have a fuck buddy. :rejoice

Beezy

« Reply #6907 on: September 04, 2014, 09:35:55 PM »
Lol no, light skinned black. Jamaican background. Nice body, great but not ridiculously big ass, natural haired girl.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #6908 on: September 04, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »
went out on a date with a girl tonight

we spent an hour talking about the Mass Effect series

should i marry her
nat

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6909 on: September 04, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »
How about a long term relationship instead? :yeshrug

Also, I don't like the M word...  :hitler

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6910 on: September 04, 2014, 10:16:32 PM »
No, because gamerchicks have issues
fat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6911 on: September 04, 2014, 10:52:51 PM »
dating a lovely short brunette with tattoos and brown eyes

:rejoice

She's the bees knees and its going so well.  She's really shy and awkward which makes my job so much easier omfg
püp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #6912 on: September 04, 2014, 10:59:57 PM »

She's the bees knees and its going so well.  She's really shy and awkward which makes my job so much easier omfg
is she shy in bed though
:shaq

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6913 on: September 04, 2014, 11:41:27 PM »

is she shy in bed though
:shaq

Not. at. all. :gladbron
püp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6914 on: September 05, 2014, 11:31:17 AM »
How great is this? Boritos getting some, pseudo-deets being relayed, and The Business is not here to troll-shame the happy bonitos into regretting their pronouncements.

God I'm tired. So, so tired.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6915 on: September 05, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »
5 year wedding anniversary on Tuesday, brehs.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6916 on: September 05, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »
Show her that 315 lb bench press video during the anniversary dinner.
well I don't want us to end up doing anything illegal in the restaurant so I'll wait til we're in a park or something.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6917 on: September 05, 2014, 06:47:41 PM »
I've been on the verge of shutting down my OKC profile a couple times now, then someone will contact me, we'll banter back and forth and go out on a date.

The last couple times I went with an "eh, IDGAF" attitude and had sex on the first date both times, so maybe that works?

:larry
yar

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #6918 on: September 05, 2014, 06:51:55 PM »
#struggle

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6919 on: September 05, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »
You gotta find that balance in idgaf. No one wants to date a pyschopath. The tree that bends brehs...

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6920 on: September 05, 2014, 07:12:37 PM »
500 Internal Server Error

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #6921 on: September 05, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »
Srsly doe I'm glad you can live the dream at this stage in the game, Triumph.

It's all I know how to do but I don't want to do it anymore so I'm just sort of :shaq2 now, probably forever.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6922 on: September 05, 2014, 07:40:41 PM »
I would PREFER to have a relationship, but for it to work I'd have to respect her intellect, and that doesn't happen often with the women who date me. I've almost started just assuming they're dumb if they're into me.

:fbm
yar

Kara

« Reply #6923 on: September 05, 2014, 10:15:57 PM »
I would PREFER to have a relationship, but for it to work I'd have to respect her intellect, and that doesn't happen often with the women who date me. I've almost started just assuming they're dumb if they're into me.

:fbm

I once dated someone who was smart and into (mild) ageplay (I was older than her and not really into that but w/e :yeshrug) and when she grew out of that fetish I knew our relationship was pretty much toast (even though it lasted awhile after that) since there was nothing else I had to offer. :noooo

I remember reading a story about a crooked Orthodox monastery, I bet they need an accountant. :larry

Kara

« Reply #6924 on: September 06, 2014, 02:31:32 PM »
Well ikhwan I think I gots a date tonight. :brazilcry

Time to crash and burn. :cody

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6925 on: September 06, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »
You'll be alright man, don't say that.

Kara

« Reply #6926 on: September 07, 2014, 12:12:25 AM »
We're about to find out.

:whew .في امان الله اخواني

Kara

« Reply #6927 on: September 07, 2014, 04:56:42 AM »
Date went well. :larry

I picked a place that was far from mine to avoid the potential for first date sex. :shaq

But for our next date she wants to do something near my place. :brazilcry

She's very... Orange County, which isn't a bad thing, it's just that I haven't dated my people since I was like 19 or something. :ohhh

So far so good. :obama

Aside from a fucking bar tab. :beli

nudemacusers

« Reply #6928 on: September 07, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »
get that nut, sovok

get that nut
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kara

« Reply #6929 on: September 07, 2014, 01:59:17 PM »
She texted first this morning. :jawalrus

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:brazilcry
[close]

Kara

« Reply #6930 on: September 07, 2014, 02:15:51 PM »
I should also add that I tipped the bartender like 30% because she was wearing white booty shorts and would shake her ass while at the register. :lawd

But when we talked about the tips I said I tipped well because she had been our bartender at the OC-Bore meetup and treated us right. :heh

Just in case anyone is feeling happy for me.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6931 on: September 08, 2014, 04:21:39 PM »
how do u go from flirting to >give me ur number on tinder
USA

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #6932 on: September 08, 2014, 04:43:13 PM »
how do u go from flirting to >give me ur number on tinder

'we should <insert activity>, why don't you give me your number'

nat

Kara

« Reply #6933 on: September 08, 2014, 05:06:34 PM »
fistful giving dating protips now. Our little tiger's all grown up. :tocry

On a self-absorbed note, I forgot to mention the best part of my date on Saturday. We were discussing why we were using the dating service we were using and she said, "Yeah, all the guy's I've dated on my own have been douchebags so I figured I needed a helping hand."

I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was a douchebag. :heh

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6934 on: September 08, 2014, 05:56:48 PM »
Hit the eleven month mark yesterday. I am super in love; shit is so great. The reason I'm mention this isn't to brag but to let anyone here with any doubt know, that if I could find someone as great as my partner, you all can too.

- Never give up
- Believe in yourselves
- Always be who you are

wish I could give you a hug bro. you went through some dark times and while things aren't perfect now (they aren't for anybody, trust me) this part of your life really blossomed. I'm proud of you man, and it's awesome seeing things work out. She seems really nice too.

nicca we made it :tocry

@shark johnson
@wrath

Kara

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6936 on: September 08, 2014, 07:01:27 PM »
- Always be who you are

:brazilcry

That's the most important part though!

And you clearly never give yourself enough credit.

I want to staple your parents to a rabid chicken.

Kara

« Reply #6937 on: September 08, 2014, 08:35:21 PM »
Well you'll be happy to know I was recently disowned. :jawalrus (I actually had to sort of talk about this on my date. :goty2)

Anyway, excluding my unsavory psychological aspects, being myself is :brazilcry for a whole host of other lovely reasons.

For example, my date is pretty (STEM) smart (who the fuck takes C++ for generic upper div credits?) but doesn't know a lick about general history, let alone the obscure-ass shit I've filled my head with over the years to amuse myself. So on our date we were talking about silly places we wanted to see someday and of course I have to bring up my dream of going to San Marino which required that I tersely explain Italian reunification and the fact that the world's oldest existing republic is only still as such because it let Giuseppe Garibaldi couchsurf there when he was on the run from the fuzz back in the day.

I make Thufir Hawat look like James Dean. :snoop

Himu

« Reply #6938 on: September 08, 2014, 08:40:03 PM »
Dude at work does a number on my panties. Security girl is interested in me. She's cute but she doesn't do anything for me. Decisions, decisions. I DO miss eating puss and she's pretty cool.
IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #6939 on: September 08, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »
Dude at work does a number on my panties. Security girl is interested in me. She's cute but she doesn't do anything for me. Decisions, decisions. I DO miss eating puss and she's pretty cool.
part of being a straight girl is playing bi when duty calls. make a threesome happen. :ufup
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

« Reply #6940 on: September 09, 2014, 06:16:11 PM »
Hmm. Hot Guy is hot and all but we don't have much chemistry. So I'm giving up on that. Security Girl and I get each other to laugh and flirt with each other a bit. Today I noticed she was wearing eye makeup, so I complimented her eyes. She lit up and then went and giggled with the other security girl. Tomorrow I'm getting dat number. 95% chance  I get it or I put cilantro in tomorrow's dinner.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6941 on: September 09, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »
Hmm. Hot Guy is hot and all but we don't have much chemistry. So I'm giving up on that. Security Girl and I get each other to laugh and flirt with each other a bit. Today I noticed she was wearing eye makeup, so I complimented her eyes. She lit up and then went and giggled with the other security girl. Tomorrow I'm getting dat number. 95% chance  I get it or I put cilantro in tomorrow's dinner.

Can I ask a question...

Are your coworkers aware of your transition? I'm just curious whether this girl sees you as Naomi or as a guy. I don't want to sound offensive, couldn't think of another way to phrase the question. Likewise with the guy at work.

Himu

« Reply #6942 on: September 09, 2014, 06:26:02 PM »
I live as a guy in public. I do not have a name change or a gender marker change on my ID, so it'd be pretty stupid to go in public in girl mode. I'm waiting till I get to California to do that. That said, it's impossible to hide an ass, tits, and face like this, so they probably know anyways, some don't seem to care because I see them checking me out.
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #6943 on: September 09, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
i matched with this chick on tinder and sent a message. then like a day later found her on okc and liked her profile. so now we're having two separate conversations on both services. it's weird.
nat

Kara

« Reply #6944 on: September 09, 2014, 07:28:15 PM »
Yeah that's weird, but such is the world of online dating.

I was talking to my date every day before we went out, now we're doing that irl not trying to seem clingy infrequent texting tango thing instead.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6945 on: September 09, 2014, 11:45:56 PM »
Got the stupid motherfucking "I don't want to jump into anything right now, I just got screwed in a previous blahblahblah" thing earlier this evening from aforementioned girl

every goddamned time I think I find a girl who DOESN'T say this and seems happy with me, BOOM

fuck this gay earth
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6946 on: September 10, 2014, 12:12:19 AM »
no shit dude.
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #6947 on: September 10, 2014, 12:34:28 AM »
Got the stupid motherfucking "I don't want to jump into anything right now, I just got screwed in a previous blahblahblah" thing earlier this evening from aforementioned girl

every goddamned time I think I find a girl who DOESN'T say this and seems happy with me, BOOM

fuck this gay earth

did this happen after you talked to her about it? just curious.
nat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6948 on: September 10, 2014, 12:40:03 AM »
Didn't bring it up, no.  We had a date scheduled last night that she cancelled due to work, which I believe because I know the sort of work she does.  Asked her today if she wanted to hang tonight or tomorrow and she said yes, followed by that shit. 

She said after that she liked me and wanted to keep seeing me but wanted to take things slow.  I'm cool with that as long as that's not some farce response to avoid telling me the truth, but I know fucking better at this point
püp

nudemacusers

« Reply #6949 on: September 10, 2014, 01:41:23 AM »
why do people always need to quantify this shit? take things slow? wtf does that even mean.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kara

« Reply #6950 on: September 10, 2014, 02:32:29 AM »
دمر طيزها :whew

Get that shit, sovok.

I really shouldn't, and in spite of the fact that I know I can't run forever I hope I don't, but I feel like I'm already on a roller coaster I've ridden too many times before and it can't be stopped. :goty2 We already have running jokes. :brazilcry

It's also really bad for me (in terms of personal growth) to be with someone who indulges in sarcasm and irony as much as I do. :shaq2 (If you ever want to torture etiolate just record our social interactions and make him observe them in perpetuity.)

On the other hand I like her so far and find the way in which she's smart but either unaware of it or completely apathetic about it intriguing. :larry

Maybe she can become successful (I mean this in a societal way, I already consider her to be) and throw me out like :trash too when she realizes I'm a broken record. :gladbron :lawd :fbm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you kiss ummuka with that mouth? :gurl
[close]

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6951 on: September 10, 2014, 06:29:48 AM »
As a guy who has done that to girls, recently even, I'm sorry BrandNew.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6952 on: September 10, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
I'm sick of being used as an emotional hanky for girls who can't fucking get over their shitty experiences.  This has been the story of my first 5 years in my 20s.
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6953 on: September 10, 2014, 10:51:54 AM »
No?  I'm not even sure what you're asking.  I met this girl on Tinder, we've been dating for almost two months.
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6954 on: September 10, 2014, 11:21:17 AM »
I probably fall victim to eagerness, sure.  But with this circumstance I played it pretty casually.  We had dates, we hung out, we fooled around, we both liked each other.  Wasn't hanging on her every word, wasn't texting her throughout the day.
püp

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6955 on: September 10, 2014, 11:45:37 AM »
That's why people get in shitty relationships or can't break free from the cycle. They confuse love with the strong emotions you get when you are in a bad relationship. So, when they meet someone new who is just a normal person, they don't think they like them because they are not getting those 'strong emotions'.

'Falling in love' is just as much a practical choice as it is an emotional one. Some people never want it to be, so they just keep riding that crazy roller coaster.

It took me until I was about 27 (and a bunch of failed relationships) to figure that shit out.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6956 on: September 10, 2014, 11:53:03 AM »
If I were in BN's position I would have no trouble accepting that girls wouldn't want to be in a long term relationship with me. Anyone who can put up with me and my bullshit for at least 2 weeks is a saint in my book.  :aah

/Karakand-esque self-deprecation

Kara

« Reply #6957 on: September 10, 2014, 02:05:09 PM »
Quote from: Death Ghidorah link=topic=36858.msg1926785#msg1926785
#thedualities of that line :whew

The only vulgar word I learned in Arabic classes. :lol

Kara

« Reply #6958 on: September 10, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »
You know like that "must love dogs" cliché? I just encountered "must love rape documentaries."

Not sure if :holeup or :phil or :larry. #ennui

Himu

« Reply #6959 on: September 10, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »
number gotten
IYKYK