Author Topic: Applefags, get in here!  (Read 2247 times)

Wrath2X

Applefags, get in here!
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:53:48 AM »
As some of you know my iPod has just went into the realm of no return, I found a way to save my music that was on there(It still shows up on iTunes when I connect it to my laptop so I guess I'll download one of those programs that rips the songs onto my laptop). But I'm really on the fence on getting a new one cause from what little I know about Apple is that sometime in September they usually announce and release new shit, I know its a longshot but since I don't know much about what's going on now except for the iPhone 5 I'm wondering what are the chances of a new iPod classic with more space getting announced? If not are there better alternatives or should I get the same as my now deceased iPod?

And on a sidenote, what's the best program to rip music out of an iPod?

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Applefags, get in here!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
Just put the music on your phone.

My phone has like 48GB memory bro.

:heartbeat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:40:52 AM »
I don't want my music on my phone, just doesn't appeal to me. And what do you suggest, Borys?

Borys has a USB drive with a big PLAY button on it. Connected to a CRT.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:41:34 AM »
Put the music on your phone.  You're being ridiculous. 

This.

Whats the point of another device in your pocket?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 10:48:13 AM »
"Mobile Wrath" is a good name for a band.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
Dunno what the prob is wrath, why don't you upgrade the memory on your phone?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee :teehee :teehee :teehee :teehee :teehee
[close]

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »
I don't want my music on my phone, just doesn't appeal to me. And what do you suggest, Borys?

Borys has a USB drive with a big PLAY button on it. Connected to a CRT.

:rofl

THe music in itunes is already on your computer.

C:\Users\wrath2x\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music
©ZH

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »
I put my music on my phone like a civilized person.
Drunk

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 08:36:23 PM »
I still use a zune, phones aren't great for long play sessions IMO.
o_0

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »
gee thanks for the help, guys.

You are asking a 2/3-apple-hostile forum if there's going to be an update to the least-technologically-interesting product Apple produces.

Seriously, no joke, no offense intended, just hit up MacRumors or something, they'll have the skinny.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »
I'd say its likely they continue the classic another year, but sooner or later the touch will overtake the classic, with smaller capacity but more options.  It's only a few years to go until the Touch gets 128 gigs.

For now, maybe just buy another classic again.
püp

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 09:35:19 PM »
Didn't they cut the capacity of the classic a year or two ago? Maybe they will bring it back up this time. lol

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »
I still use a zune, phones aren't great for long play sessions IMO.

True, my HTC G2 phone can barely run a day just with calls and random web-browing for less than 2hrs.  Also, the sound quality of phones suck.  Ipads don't sound great but are probably still better than any phone.  Those two reasons are why I always carry a Sansa Clip or Sony X media player.  

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »
Wrath dude you're like the guy who refuses to switch from myspace. These days it's kinda silly to have separate devices when one can do everything you need it to.

I still have an iPod that I use at the gym.  I don't like the distraction of a phone call when I'm working out.  And I still have an eReader, even though a phone could do it, because I hate trying to read from a tiny fucking screen.
WTF

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 10:10:17 PM »
Yeah iPod's are pretty worthless these days.

-Cellphone
-Tablet
-Small gig Shuffle-like device

Thats all you need these days.
püp

Himu

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 05:16:24 AM »
Yeah iPod's are pretty worthless these days.

-Cellphone
-Tablet
-Small gig Shuffle-like device

Thats all you need these days.

eh, like maf said phones aren't good for long sessions. I plan on getting an iphone, and using my ipod touch for my car/home. If I'm traveling long distance I'll bring it but that's it.
IYKYK

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »
Oh god, I just went to an apple store for the first time ever today. What a fucking hellish den of fake enthusiasm, hipster scarves and smug pricks. And I have to go again tomorrow, because APPARENTLY you have to make appointments to get customer service from those smug fucks. "Oh, did you make an appointment with one of our geniuses?" Fuck you, no I didn't. I shouldn't have to make an appointment to talk to some lip-ring having douche faced college fuck. Fix your faulty hardware, asshole.

Fuck.
zzzzz

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 09:34:11 PM »
I had the same reaction when I went to the Shinsaibashi Apple Store last year. I thought I was going to blow a gasket.

NO I DIDN'T MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO DROP OFF MY BROKEN FUCKING HARDWARE, YOU FUCK. WHO DOES THAT?

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 02:20:01 AM »
I use a zune
o_0

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 02:50:44 AM »
Can we ban the usage of "somethingfag" from thread titles? we don't want our funding to be cut.
Unzip

Himu

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 03:24:38 AM »
MAF and dcharlie are gramps, mo wonder they stick to iPods. You Wrath are a young one and should just move on with the technology.

???

Ipods are popular as fuck with young people.
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »
Oh god, I just went to an apple store for the first time ever today. What a fucking hellish den of fake enthusiasm, hipster scarves and smug pricks. And I have to go again tomorrow, because APPARENTLY you have to make appointments to get customer service from those smug fucks. "Oh, did you make an appointment with one of our geniuses?" Fuck you, no I didn't. I shouldn't have to make an appointment to talk to some lip-ring having douche faced college fuck. Fix your faulty hardware, asshole.

Fuck.

Isn't their advice usually just to upgrade anyway?  Why even bother going to these places?  I think Apple tries their hardest to piss consumers off enough to where they'll just shut up and pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to upgrade their devices instead of fixing them.
🍆🍆

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 02:39:31 AM »
Every single time I go to the genius bar, the very first thing they check with the product in question is the available/mandatory repairs that need to be done.  Yet again, the Experiment shows himself to be a prick without knowing much about anything.

Hate the workforce all you want, their retail stores are some of the most effective retail outlets out there.
püp

Himu

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 03:00:20 AM »
why would you ever need to have access to all of your music at once anyways?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 04:12:42 AM »
I didn't have a problem with apple customer service.

went to apple.com, put in my registered ipod serial number, had a year warranty, i took it to ups store. they sent me a new ipod from china THAT VERY SAME DAY, got my new ipod in the mail a day and a half later. haters gonna hate but that's service.
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »
Every single time I go to the genius bar, the very first thing they check with the product in question is the available/mandatory repairs that need to be done.  Yet again, the Experiment shows himself to be a prick without knowing much about anything.

Hate the workforce all you want, their retail stores are some of the most effective retail outlets out there.

Yep, they check the available/mandatory repairs, come back with a repair cost of about 5-10% less than just buying a new one, then recommend you buy the new one. 

Point of advice for assholes who actually make you book an appointment and travel almost 100km to drop off your broken machine instead of letting you mail it: if you book an appointment, at least have the courtesy to keep somewhat close to that appointment time.  Don't make me wait two hours past the appointment time.  It's not cute, and it forces me to sit in the place that only makes me hate your products and loyalists even more.

You must have some fucked up repairs needed then.  Only repair that needed any actual money from me was a graphics card issue from the 2008 macbooks.  Only cost 100 bucks.

I've had three separate iPhone 4's since they launched, and each one was a free replacement.  No questions asked, no haggling.  I have no idea where you all are getting your hate from other than typical "apple sux" mentality.
püp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »
BN, I've heard plenty of apple-hate from otherwise rational and intelligent people, but it's true that the Apple Store policy can be pretty divisive. The "appointment" policy is at odds with the common experience for retail repairs. I just want to drop off my item, tell them what it's doing wrong, and then get called with an estimate.

Also, in terms of the repairs, if it's an out-of-warranty iPod or iPhone, yeah, you're screwed. The repair is calculated as a percentage of the original retail price of the item, so it frequently looks as though it is cheaper to buy new than to repair. I've mentioned elsewhere that my headphone jack repair on an iPod Touch was going to cost ~$200, but I could trade the broken one in for $40 and buy a new one for $260 ($300-40).

All this, for a $1 headphone jack, and what would probably be a minute's labor with the right tools.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »

Yep, they check the available/mandatory repairs, come back with a repair cost of about 5-10% less than just buying a new one, then recommend you buy the new one. 

Point of advice for assholes who actually make you book an appointment and travel almost 100km to drop off your broken machine instead of letting you mail it: if you book an appointment, at least have the courtesy to keep somewhat close to that appointment time.  Don't make me wait two hours past the appointment time.  It's not cute, and it forces me to sit in the place that only makes me hate your products and loyalists even more.

You must have some fucked up repairs needed then.  Only repair that needed any actual money from me was a graphics card issue from the 2008 macbooks.  Only cost 100 bucks.

I've had three separate iPhone 4's since they launched, and each one was a free replacement.  No questions asked, no haggling.  I have no idea where you all are getting your hate from other than typical "apple sux" mentality.

</scarf>
zzzzz

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 12:05:34 AM »
Also, +1 on votes to ban Applefags, Halofags, and anythingelsefags from topic names. It's wude.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 12:36:02 AM »
shut up votefag
zzzzz

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 02:55:23 AM »
I'm with Chrono on this one. You guys can be so racist and inconsiderate.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 08:49:21 AM »
shut up votefag

expected, childish but I still laughed
itm

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 09:33:04 AM »

I use a zune

Zune HD sounds so much better than any ipod and has a much nicer screen.  Unless you absolutely need Itunes compatibility, it makes no sense to pay more for an inferior product. 

Welp, if I had to guess where I'm getting my hate from, it's probably from spending $1500 on a computer that was probably worth half that, having it go down for the count in less than a year, being told that I could not simply mail it in, but instead had to make an appointment to visit their Apple Store 100 km away, then dragging said broken computer 100km at my expense to visit their Geniuses, then being made to wait two hours past the fucking appointment time, only to be told after about five minutes of looking at it in the backroom that fixing my computer would cost $1200 and did I maybe want to look at a new Macbook instead?.... Yeah, if I had to pinpoint it, that is probably where my hate is coming from.  Fuck that.  Fuck anyone that defends that kind of customer service experience.  Yes, that means fuck you.

That their store was full of self-important feggits who I had an overwhelming urge to beat to death with an aluminum bat, an urge that rose with each minute past my appointment time that passed WAS SIMPLY FROSTING on the cake.

SMH  That's even worse than Best Buy or any shitty chain service. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 10:59:59 AM »