Author Topic: Another day, another cheap indie pack.  (Read 130241 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: Another day, another cheap indie pack.
« Reply #600 on: April 12, 2019, 08:31:16 AM »
Pretty much. Configuration is easier, obviously, and they have a couple more display options (UI stuff), but I don't remember anything essential. They have added content (characters and quests), but its of dubious quality.

Bebpo

« Reply #601 on: April 16, 2019, 03:04:18 PM »
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/square-enix-collective-bundle?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_4

This is pretty good? I don't own anything in here (haven't even heard of half of this). But been meaning to grab Forgotten Anne.

Question is whether it's worth an extra $6 for Tokyo Dark?

Bebpo

« Reply #602 on: April 16, 2019, 10:15:59 PM »
Ended up getting them all at the $12 price. Steam reviews of Tokyo Dark and Children of the Zodiarks sound interesting enough to try for an extra like $4.50 combined.

If only this pack had The Quiet Man  :'(

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #603 on: April 24, 2019, 03:20:35 PM »
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #604 on: July 02, 2019, 02:33:03 PM »
https://www.indiegala.com/pocket-size-6-games-bundle

- Dead Cells
- Hatred
- Chroma Gun

11,99!!!!!!

What a steal!
What

Bebpo

« Reply #605 on: July 16, 2019, 03:48:22 PM »
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/very-positive-bundle-3

How's half-genie hero as a metroidvania? Never played any of the Shantea games but that looks pretty nice from the trailer and coming from Bloodstained I could go for another metroidvania.

Also that Bendy game has a really nice art style. Looks like Billy Bat Bioshock. I think I'll grab this bundle.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #606 on: July 16, 2019, 04:52:49 PM »
Half-Genie Hero is more of a platformer than a Metroidvania, though there are secrets in every level and occasionally you'll have to revisit a previous level to unlock certain things. It's really good, though, well worth playing.
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #607 on: October 06, 2019, 06:28:17 AM »
https://www.humblebundle.com/

Get Crash Bandicoot, COD WW2, and Spyro the Dragon as early unlocks for the new bundle.

All them games for only 12 bucks!
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #608 on: November 01, 2019, 09:42:55 PM »
Humble Monthly early access games this month are:

-Yakuza Kiwami
-Soul Calibur VI
-My Time at Portia

My Time at Portia is actually a pretty fun Rune Factory-like.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #609 on: December 06, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
First month of Humble Choice ain't bad. I was lucky that I subbed for Dec for Soul Calibur and Yakuza so I got the $12 = all 10 games. But I think whatever plan with the least amount of games for the cheapest makes the most sense looking at the selection. You've got 3 big hitters with New Tomb Raider #3, Blasphemous and Phantom Doctrine and then a bunch of small indie stuff, some of which looks fun. But like some of the indies definitely are not my genre and I could easily pass on them.

But will stick around on the $12 for 10 bundle for a bit and see. The fact that now you can even pause it after seeing all the games and not be charged on months where it's not worth it sorta makes it a no brainer.

Freyj

« Reply #610 on: December 06, 2019, 04:13:52 PM »
Blasphemous @ $12 is enough of a deal that I was in but I dunno if I’d have bought at $20. There was a leak that Void Bastards would be a part of this month’s choice but was seemingly yanked last minute given that it still shows up in some of the bg images on the Humble Choice page. Assuming something fell through for next month’s choice and they needed a Humble published big draw like Void Bastards to sell it.

I’d honestly be okay if they decreased the number of games and increased the quality of the selections a little because this month is pretty packed with Tower Defense / Strategy garbage I’m not even going to clutter my shit with.

Bebpo

« Reply #611 on: December 06, 2019, 04:50:50 PM »
Sure, that's why the cheapest method of the bundle with like 6 games should always be enough because there's gonna be a lot of smaller stuff you don't care about and only 2-3 big/medium titles.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2020, 11:49:36 AM »
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/reaper-bundle-2

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl + Clear Skies + Call of Pripyat
Jedi Knight 2 + Academy
Sim City 4 Deluxe
Day of Infamy
Eagle Island
Override Mech City Brawl
Re-Legion

What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #613 on: February 28, 2020, 04:07:13 AM »
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/all-stars-12-bundle

• Testament of Sherlock Holmes
  • MEDIEVAL: Kingdom Wars
  • Devil Daggers
  • Ransom City Ransom UNDERGROUND
  • Eador Imperium
  • D&D Tomb of Annihilation
  • Yet Another Zombie Defense Game
  • Republique

BOUGHT.

However, there's a *mystery bundle* option, which I paid less than another $2 for, but I didn't recognize either title. I don't recommend it.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #614 on: February 29, 2020, 12:09:42 PM »
Bought.

Bebpo

« Reply #615 on: March 06, 2020, 09:38:16 PM »
March Humble Choice is really good. Didn't own anything and had like 4-5 of them on my wishlist totaling about $60+

Planet Coaster
Fell Seal
Battle Chasers Nightwar (on Gamepass I think)
ExaPunks
198x
Ai War 2
TUROK
F1 2019 - hey why not, haven't played an F1 game in two decades
Death's Gambit (already on Gamepass)
My Friend Pedro (already on Gamepass)
Etherborn
Nifelheim

Pretty good for 10 for $12

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #616 on: March 07, 2020, 05:33:30 AM »
Had to pause another month because I have most of those or dknt care..
What

Bebpo

« Reply #617 on: March 17, 2020, 10:40:12 PM »
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-mega

Hmmm, I have RE:0 so the BTA is $11 for Re: Revelations & Revalations 2 and the two megaman legacy collections. Dunno if that's worth it. Always seemed like Revelations wasn't particularly good. I played Ep1 of #2 and it was ok but a bit annoying.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #618 on: March 23, 2020, 11:30:24 AM »
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13824/Stay_Inside_Bundle/

The Binding of Isaac and all of its DLC. A modern classic.
 The Legend of Bum-Bo, the newest game from the creator of The Binding of Isaac, which retails for 75% of the cost of this entire bundle.
 The End Is Nigh is a stylish, cool platformer.
 The Basement Collection is not something I can describe in the space I have here.
 Closure is an arty platformer from 2012.
 Bombernauts is an action-driven bombing game.
 Crystal Crisis is a competitive action puzzler.
 Blade Strangers is an anime-inspired fighting game, which normally retails for twice the cost of this entire bundle.
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #619 on: March 23, 2020, 03:44:35 PM »
Crystal Crisis is a great game. Literally just Puzzle Fighter with indie game characters

Bebpo

« Reply #620 on: March 26, 2020, 11:36:43 PM »
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/award-winners

Eh, if Sinner was replaced with something better, this would be a good pack.

The $1 tier seems good. $7.50 is good if you don't have Quadrilataral Cowboy yet and aren't on Game Pass which has Yoku's Island Express.
That Yuppie Psycho looks cool on the $15 pack. Sinner has poor reviews and I have Owlboy from some old bundle (it's been in a million bundles) and haven't played it.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

paprikastaude

« Reply #623 on: March 31, 2020, 04:01:28 PM »
I'm not big on indie games but that's a pretty sick bundle.

Bebpo

« Reply #624 on: March 31, 2020, 04:03:57 PM »
Good set for a good cause. If you're into indie games you probably have almost everything in it already.

Bebpo

« Reply #625 on: March 31, 2020, 04:05:40 PM »
https://itch.io/b/471/gdc-relief-bundle

Stuff like this is neat, but also a little annoying because when there's 100+ games no one's heard of, the good stuff is gonna get buried. Need someone else to try them all and do a curated list.

Bebpo

« Reply #626 on: April 03, 2020, 01:30:01 PM »

First bum month for me on humble choice. Already own Hitman 2 cause Hitman 2 is awesome and I held out on Gris for like an entire year figuring it'd show up in bundles and then I bought it this year for like $7 on Steam and then a week later it's free on PC Game Pass and now it's free on this. I need to hold steady longer on these indie games  :'( 

Will grab the rest and try them out. Maybe some gems in there. I mean Raiden V is great and glad to have that. I think I played V at some point (definitely played through IV) but maybe not.
I tried playing Turok 1 last month and jeeez that game does not hold up, so don't expect 2 to either.

I do like that each month they're giving away another game from the Zachtronics label. Exapunks was very cool last month. I'll take Opus Magnum now.

No idea about the rest of this stuff.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #627 on: April 03, 2020, 01:37:01 PM »
bundle is extra tainted by including a game by massive resetera dickhead weltall zero :stahp

Bebpo

« Reply #628 on: April 03, 2020, 01:38:47 PM »
bundle is extra tainted by including a game by massive resetera dickhead weltall zero :stahp

What game is that?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #629 on: April 03, 2020, 01:41:34 PM »
the freebie one, divinoids.

Bebpo

« Reply #630 on: April 03, 2020, 02:25:35 PM »
Oh, I don't even notice the non-steam ones.

Bebpo

« Reply #631 on: May 01, 2020, 08:37:20 PM »
This month's humble bundle is pretty meh. I'm noticing that there's a lot of sim/strategy games in these bundles and those are genre I don't play  :'(

I already had X-Com 2 (this doesn't even come with the main expansion which I don't have). The only game on this list I had any interest in was MO:Astray which seems cool. I always check all the games on the store store reviews each month and it looks like there's a few other good ones in there, but mostly a pretty boring month. Feels like maybe they spent all their money on big exclusives in the first few months to reel people into subs.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #632 on: May 01, 2020, 08:55:42 PM »
I almost bought Rise of Industry just yesterday since it's on sale so when that came up I pretty much literally came.

I did Chess instead of Heave Ho since I was in the same boat as you regarding X-Com, otherwise same exact picks.

They also added a game to the April one, Train Valley 2, that you have to click on a link to get the Steam key added. Just an FYI for everyone who gets Monthly.

Bebpo

« Reply #633 on: May 01, 2020, 09:02:36 PM »
Yeah, I thought about Chess but I'm not going to play it or Heave-Ho (because I have no local gaming friends anymore), but if I ever want to play chess I'm sure there are 1,000 ways to do it for free these days haha.

And yeah I was kinda interested in Rise of Industry but I just never put more than 20-30 mins into a sim/strategy game since I don't have the patience for the genre. Also yeah, I never paid much attention to the non-steam games, but I've noticed some good stuff here and there in the last months. It's a nice extra.

At the end of the day I'm not going to sweat paying $12 for a handful of indie games to try out each month. This and PC Game Pass for $5/month pretty much are enough games to live on.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #634 on: May 02, 2020, 08:49:00 AM »
lol, yeah, exactly the same picks as Benji, because doesn't everyone own Xcom 2 at this point?

I'm glad they're giving zachtronics games a rest for a bit, because theyre all the same and I don't like them.
Kind of curious about Civilization: Spehss Marines though; I quite like 40K but they went from basically nothing licenced to whoring it out to any old shit willing to pay.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #635 on: May 26, 2020, 05:31:50 PM »
dog

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #636 on: May 26, 2020, 05:35:05 PM »
Cities: Skylines for a buck:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/cities-skylines

What's the opinion on the DLC? I know "After Dark" is considered a good one to get, but it's not included in the bundle. What's the "creator packs" including/doing?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #637 on: May 26, 2020, 05:48:16 PM »
The creator packs are just some new buildings.
dog

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #638 on: June 02, 2020, 08:13:40 PM »
They just added After Dark to the beat the average. What was the other major pack again?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #639 on: June 02, 2020, 09:50:08 PM »
They just added After Dark to the beat the average. What was the other major pack again?

Industries is supposed to be good, but you gotta buy the $18 tier.
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #640 on: June 05, 2020, 01:52:06 PM »
this months humble choice is a stinker, and I'm pretty sure they know it with a promised mystery game if you sub now.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #641 on: June 05, 2020, 01:55:15 PM »
Yeah, this month's pickings are pretty slim. Hellblade is nice, but I already own it [probably from another indie pack lol].
dog

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #642 on: June 05, 2020, 02:08:26 PM »
Yeah, this month's pickings are pretty slim. Hellblade is nice, but I already own it [probably from another indie pack lol].

it was in a humble monthly not that long ago  :-\
3 of the other games have been freebies on twitch prime and egs too.

BisMarckie

« Reply #643 on: June 05, 2020, 02:17:05 PM »
Yeah, only Grid interests me, but not enough to pay 12 bucks for it. Gonna pause this month.

If someone wants to gift it to me however....  :-*

Bebpo

« Reply #644 on: June 05, 2020, 02:30:48 PM »
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, gonna hard disagree on the bundle being bad.

I mean Supraland is a big deal in the gaming community and it's sale price at best has been 50% off at $10. I've been holding off buying it waiting for a bundle, so that works for me. I already have The Messenger/Hellblade, so Supraland + the other 9 games + the 2 freebies for $12 is fine.

One thing is that every month when they release these choice bundles I actually take the time to look up all these tiny indie games that I've never heard of that are the bulk of the bundle. And what I find is almost all of them are quality well-reviewed games that fly under the radar. I gotta say out of all of the bundles out there, I'm the most satisfied with humble choice (and previously humble monthly) because it really feels like a curated selection of games. It's pretty rare to have more than 1 or 2 mediocre games in the batch (and usually they're in there because of fan favorites like Turok HD). It actually feels like they go through and pick quality games that fly under the radar.

I mean if you're not into indie gaming and just looking for the big AA and AAA stuff, yeah it's probably disappointing, but if you're into indie games I haven't found a bad month yet since Humble Choice started. The hardest part is just finding the time to try all these games out. I still haven't touched some of the ones from 3 months ago.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #645 on: June 05, 2020, 02:51:22 PM »
I love hidden gems, but none of this months crop look particularly appealing.
I guess at least its not another crop of zachtronics :idont

Bebpo

« Reply #646 on: June 05, 2020, 03:10:05 PM »
I love hidden gems, but none of this months crop look particularly appealing.
I guess at least its not another crop of zachtronics :idont

Sure, but I try not to judge games on their appearance and more on user reviews. Like The Hex is one of my GoTYs this year and it looked like just another ugly game in a bundle.

From this month, looking through reviews, Remnants of Naezith looks like a solid super meat boy puzzle platformer, Overload looks like a nice Descent reboot, Stygian is a Lovecraft rpg which is always interesting, Stillness of the Wind is supposed to be a nice little adventure, Felix the Reaper could be a good puzzle game, visually reminds me of Hamilton's Great Adventure, Barotrauma is ugly art but reviews say it's a cool spaceship sim, Men of War is very well reviewed and I've never played any of them so I'm up to try it.

Supraland won like a billion awards by taking the 2d metroidvania action/platformer that's a dime a dozen and bring it to 3d successfully.

I didn't even realize there was a Grid reboot in 2019.  I thought this was the one from 10 years ago that I already owned. I'm always up for a racer, so that works for me. Hellblade/The Messenger are great if you don't have them.

Bebpo

« Reply #647 on: June 05, 2020, 03:19:36 PM »
Also fwiw, I'm not saying this is a great month. Some of the other months have definitely been better. But these bundles are so cheap (I'm on classic plan, so 10 + no-DRM freebies games for $12), if there's one solid game I would have otherwise bought for $5-10 and some fun stuff to try in the rest I'm happy.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #648 on: June 05, 2020, 07:27:28 PM »
I am in same boat. I can justify $12 as long as there are 2-3 games I could actually see myself playing. Supraland and Grid seem alright/worth checking.

Between this and gamepass I have scaled way back on PC gaming spend.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #649 on: June 06, 2020, 05:23:57 PM »
Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality

740 games for $5+ donation

Proceeds go to NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund

Including but not limited to :
Oxenfree
Overland
Art Sqool
Wide Ocean Big Jacket
Quadrilateral Cowboy
Gunhouse
Fortune-499
Inkanians
Parallax
Reproduction Man
Cuckoo Castle
Gladiabots
STOWAWAY
STARDROP
Cosmic Rochambo
Splinter Zone
StarFighter R&D HD Edition
Satellite Repairman
A Mortician’s Tale
Gataela
A Snake’s Tale
Purple Noise Echo
2000:1: A Space Felony
cityglitch
Sidewords
BIT RAT : Singularity
What Isn’t Saved (will be lost)
As We Know It
Tessa’s Ark: Chapter 1
Deeper Into Space
The World Begins With You
Tape
BEACON
The Land of Glass
AIdol
HellStar Squadron
A Wish Upon A Star
The Testimony of Trixie Glimmer Smith
The Subject
The Rainsdowne Players
In The Light Of A Ghost Star
reky
Otherside
The Ground Itself
As The World Ends…
SYSCRUSHER
Double Cross
Codemancer
ECH0
The Gateshead Engine
The King’s Bird
Mobius
Word Forward
Spoken Magic
Retrace
Order A Pizza: A Visual Novel
The Glass Dream Game
monad
What happened to Survey Team 4?
Viv and Bob
And All Would Cry Beware!
Game Dev Flashcards
Mable & The Wood
Vincent: The Secret of Myers | 文森:梅尔斯的秘密
Inkanians
___

Bebpo

« Reply #650 on: June 06, 2020, 06:32:11 PM »
That's insane lol. I'm donating to good cause stuff now anyhow, so might as well toss some cash and get 740 games I will never play

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #651 on: June 07, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »
That's an INSANE bundle - just skimming, stuff thats at least worth a play;
oxenfree
night in the woods
a short hike
overland
oneshot
super hexagon
minit
fortune 499
cook serve delicious 2
loot rascals
bleed

Just those would be a pretty sweet $5 pack

BisMarckie

« Reply #652 on: June 07, 2020, 08:20:56 PM »
Are these steam keys or or do I have to install another launcher  :doge

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #653 on: June 07, 2020, 08:35:30 PM »
It's a direct download kind of thing. No launcher, like it's 2003 again

BisMarckie

« Reply #654 on: June 07, 2020, 08:38:12 PM »
Oh, so one of these things where I lose access to when i make a new Windows install because I can't be bothered to write down my itch.io username and password.
Great  :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #655 on: June 07, 2020, 09:16:09 PM »
Oh, so one of these things where I lose access to when i make a new Windows install because I can't be bothered to write down my itch.io username and password.
Great  :doge

Just burn all the installers to a CD-ROM.
dog

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #656 on: June 08, 2020, 12:03:37 AM »
use a password manager old man

Bebpo

« Reply #657 on: June 08, 2020, 12:24:37 AM »
I was reading that they're going to add another 300-600 games to this pretty soon. So crazy.

Also there's a curated list on era from at least this first batch of 742:

https://itch.io/c/895364/racial-justice-bundle-games-to-look-at

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #658 on: June 08, 2020, 08:59:47 AM »
jeez noobs, if you're so desperate for a launcher;
https://itch.io/app

theres probably an itch integrater for GOG galaxy too

Cheddahz

« Reply #659 on: June 08, 2020, 10:15:12 AM »
that bundle is insane and has a lot of stuff i've been meaning to play; bought