Author Topic: SAINTS ROW THE THIRD |OFF| GOTY, HOES, PENIS, GIMPS, LUCHADORES, ORALE!!!!  (Read 130474 times)

Cravis

Unless you are really dying for some new missions I would wait until the DLC goes on sale. Maybe THQ will do like Rockstar did with their LA Noire pass and discount it as a deal of the week in the future.

The Nightblade Pack wasn't anything great. A couple new skins and 2 new vehicles which were basically skins for existing vehicles.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I already bought the Season Pass, so I'll just try and play through it before it goes on sale. I hate feeling like I bought something more expensively than I needed to. Then again, that describes almost the entirety of The Backlog, so I'm not sure why I let it get to me.

Cravis

I'm the same way. I bought a ton of games during Christmas when they were on sale for $30. I haven't got around to half of them and now they can be had for $10-$15.  :'(

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Finally finished this. I started when it came out but I put it aside because of other games but finally got back to it. I like it. I don't think its a great game or goty quality or anything but it is a good game and I do like it and I liked it more than the previous Saints Row games which I never could find the interest to play until completion.

Mainly because I feel like they finally got the tone right. Prior games I found vaguely embarrassing or vaguely dumb or unfunny. This one is legit funny. It's a perfect satire of pop culture meets a comic book. One of the funniest games I've probably ever played. The situations and variety of missions are really what carry the experience. Because I honestly don't really care for the action that much. The AI is pretty bad and the game is crazy easy. But I found myself compelled to play because I just wanted to see the next interesting bit they would come up with. And they came up with a lot of them. And whenever you think maybe they've gone too far, they go farther and it makes you smile. I just wish the action was a bit better. I don't think it ever really tops itself after the original tutorial mission as far as a well designed gameplay scenario but they make up for it with a lot of heart. So yeah. I'd love to see the next one and see if they can really put it all together in one package.

The ending was also pretty abrupt. I didn't even realize it was the ending technically until it started the epilogue mission. The scenario designers have a lot of great ideas. They just need to work on putting it all together into a story that ramps and finishes with a nice conclusion.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:35:32 PM by Stoney Mason »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
OMG best news ever:
https://twitter.com/IdolNinja/statuses/219213607928471553
One of the modders was able to "fix" the gas pump explosions in SRTT so they send your car flying like they did in SR2 ‪#bestbugever‬
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sandbox.1076/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:06:19 PM by benjipwns »

Himu

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

the gas pumps in SR3 SUCKED DICK.
IYKYK

Himu

I don't think i was more disappointed in anything more in SR3 than the gas pumps. Also, the explosions sucked as well. Is there a mod to make explosions bigger and beefier like in SR2?
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
First thing I did when I got into Steelport was drive full speed at the nearest gas station.

:(

Himu

DITTO.

My entire face was pretty much like this after: :(
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Re: SAINTS ROW THE THIRD |OFF| GOTY, HOES, PENIS, GIMPS, LUCHADORES, ORALE!!!!
« Reply #911 on: August 16, 2012, 08:50:03 AM »
All the DLC is on sale this week on Xbox, 280 MSP per pack, 840 MSP for the lot. What I was waiting for. Bought

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #912 on: August 16, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »
All the DLC is on sale this week on Xbox, 280 MSP per pack, 840 MSP for the lot. What I was waiting for. Bought

I'm happy that I bought the season pass, but sad that I didn't finish it yet.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #913 on: August 16, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »
so for those who played it: forget the price, is this worth my time at all?
pcp

Himu

« Reply #914 on: August 16, 2012, 06:02:52 PM »
dlc is great if you want more sr3
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #915 on: August 16, 2012, 06:08:08 PM »
so for those who played it: forget the price, is this worth my time at all?

Yeah that's more my attitude. I'm not going to buy it if it actually isn't decent content despite how much I like the base game.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #916 on: August 16, 2012, 06:46:24 PM »
dlc is great if you want more sr3

i want more QUALITY sr3.  not some cutting-room floor bs that they finished up after release.
pcp

Himu

« Reply #917 on: August 17, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »
at the very least get the shark gun

I've played a bit of The Trouble With Clones and it seems like quality SR, unlike SR2's expansions.

IYKYK