Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1266475 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Official Manly Anime Thread of Joseph Joestar Vs. Vampires
« Reply #1140 on: February 20, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »
K-On season 2 has been rescued from the rotting corpse of Bandai by Sentain Filmworks and it will be released on Bluray:

The North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced on Monday that it licensed the second season of the K-ON!! television anime series. The 26-episode anime sequel and the accompanying OVA will be available on DVD and Blu-ray Disc later this year. Sentai Filmworks is collaborating with Bang Zoom! Entertainment on the dub.

Based on kakifly's four-panel comedy manga about high school girls who form a rock band, the second television anime series premiered in April 2010. The series topped sales charts when its Blu-ray Discs shipped in Japan last year, and K-ON! became the first television animation franchise to sell over 500,000 Blu-ray Discs on Oricon's sales chart.

The North American anime distributor Bandai Entertainment licensed and released the first K-ON! television anime season in 2011 before it stopped releasing new titles this month.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-20/sentai-filmworks-licenses-k-on-anime-season-2
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1141 on: February 20, 2012, 04:30:33 PM »
Wonder if the pricing will be any better.  4 freaking BDs for a 13ep series was a  :yuck  If they try to pull 8 discs for a 26ep series, pass. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1142 on: February 20, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
Well, Sentai's prices are way lower than Bandai's and they usually release season sets instead of individual volumes.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1143 on: February 20, 2012, 04:37:57 PM »
That is promising.

Maybe Bandai dying will prove to be a good thing for consumers.

« Reply #1144 on: February 20, 2012, 07:44:38 PM »
That really is promising. Still don't think Sunrise will budge on giving anyone the right to their precious Gundam, though.  :(
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1145 on: February 22, 2012, 11:51:19 AM »
hell. yes.

Now available at the internet store.
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1146 on: February 22, 2012, 12:02:47 PM »
I see it on iShare marketplace.

Are there any special edition boxes I can buy after my rental/demo purchase?

cool breeze

« Reply #1147 on: February 22, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »
latest chapter of Hunter X Hunter is hilariously lazily drawn  :lol

probably going on hiatus again soon

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1148 on: February 22, 2012, 01:18:53 PM »
Forget that crap.

SASUKE MEETS ZOMBIE ITACHI OMG

cool breeze

« Reply #1149 on: February 22, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »
The conclusion: Sasuke sews Itachi's face onto his left butt cheek.  That's how he powers up to fight Naruto.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1150 on: February 22, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »
OMG

And BTW, Bleach current and final arc is off to a great start.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1151 on: February 22, 2012, 01:31:53 PM »
latest chapter of Hunter X Hunter is hilariously lazily drawn  :lol

probably going on hiatus again soon
Do you remember that infamous period where the drawings looked like the scribblings a drunk teenager made on a napkin rested on the ass of an equally inebriated hooker with a wobbly bum?

Good times.

Bebpo

« Reply #1152 on: February 23, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »
Is Gyo the kind of hilarious zombie shark horror movie you can watch with a girl or will you get dirty looks?

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1153 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »
yall leave Togashi alone, he is a legend

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and way cooler than Oda
[close]
萌え~

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1154 on: February 23, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »
Is Gyo the kind of hilarious zombie shark horror movie you can watch with a girl or will you get dirty looks?
Do not watch with a girl, you will get looks

« Reply #1155 on: February 23, 2012, 11:35:18 PM »
For God's sake Bebpo, stop trying to watch anime with girls.
野球

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1156 on: February 23, 2012, 11:50:14 PM »
wait no nvm
萌え~

Bebpo

« Reply #1157 on: February 24, 2012, 12:14:09 AM »

:'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1158 on: February 24, 2012, 02:04:23 AM »
GYO (AKA, WALKING FISH ARMY OF DOOM)

Well that sucked.

How do you make a movie about ZOMBIE SHARKS With STABBY LEGS boring?  Maybe the manga was good and creepy, but the anime adaptation was neither scary nor so bad it's hilarious.  It was just slow and nothing much happened and was pretty dull.  The end twist about the TRUE FORM OF THE EVIL was lolz, but at least a bit creative.  But yeah, disappointing. 

Bebpo

« Reply #1159 on: February 24, 2012, 03:27:24 AM »
Aquarion Evol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1160 on: February 24, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »

Well that sucked.

How do you make a movie about ZOMBIE SHARKS With STABBY LEGS boring?  Maybe the manga was good and creepy, but the anime adaptation was neither scary nor so bad it's hilarious.  It was just slow and nothing much happened and was pretty dull.  The end twist about the TRUE FORM OF THE EVIL was lolz, but at least a bit creative.  But yeah, disappointing. 

Yeah, it started kinda cool, but dropped off really, really fast. Spent way too much time focusing on really boring characters who react with the same dull-eyed indifference to every single thing that happens EXCEPT when they're actually being directly menaced by some hell beast, which isn't often enough.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1161 on: February 24, 2012, 12:02:55 PM »
QFMFT

Bebpo

« Reply #1162 on: February 24, 2012, 01:25:40 PM »
I don't understand why people are so against enjoying things they like with others.  Lots of women like good non-perv anime.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1163 on: February 24, 2012, 01:40:12 PM »
I don't understand why people are so against enjoying things they like with others.  Lots of women like good non-perv anime.
It's having to explain to others that is the problem. It diminishes one's own appreciation and understanding of what you just watched.

« Reply #1164 on: February 24, 2012, 02:31:48 PM »
Two episodes into Broken Blade. AWESOME.

I just don't have any interest in trying to force my hobbies on people who don't like them.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1165 on: February 24, 2012, 02:59:06 PM »

If I were going on a date with someone that was not a fellow nerd, I'd be pretending that anime and video games and comics and shit don't exist.  Go out to eat...go to the movies...go for a walk somewhere nice.  Do stuff she likes.  You know...date-type shit.  "Come back to my place and let's watch Japanese cartoons!!! :hyper" doesn't sound that great.

But if that is what you want, go for the otaku/weeaboo types and don't even bother with the rest.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:01:06 PM by lyte edge »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1166 on: February 24, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »
I just don't have any interest in trying to force my hobbies on people who don't like them.

You're making an assumption that the other person doesn't like them.

It's like not going to the theater and watching a movie together because even though you like movies you don't want to "force your hobbies" on someone else.

My gf likes videogames and movies fwiw.  She doesn't feel either way towards anime as she hasn't seen much of it.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #1167 on: February 24, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »

Well that sucked.

that's a shame

the manga is some good stuff

check out Uzamaki as well if you feel motivated for some weird ass manga.
Tonya

Himu

« Reply #1168 on: February 24, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »
Now let's not go extreme. Because one likes anime does not mean they're a weeaboo/otaku. But it definitely likely means they're a nerd. That said, why would you WANT to watch anime with a girl, and why is it a priority? Watching the occasional anime, cool. But you're 30, bro. Shouldn't your priority when it comes women be beyond menial and irrelevant things such as whether or not she likes anime? I got over this in fuckng high school, dude.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1169 on: February 24, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »
Bebpo EVERYONE watches and goes to the movies. Comparing that to watching anime is grasping at straws. If you're going to watch anime with a girl, I'd try to make sure it's something cool like Cowboy Bebop, or something funny like Cromartie, or something EVERYONE can enjoy like Nausicaa. Not THIS:

Aquarion Evol

(Image removed from quote.)

Everyone and their mother loves Disney. Women I've dated have no problems with me liking stuff like Futurama and we'll watch it together. Because it's fucking awesome even though it's a cartoon. The distinction is making sure it's something she likes and not holding it on a pedestal. Because what you're saying is the equivalent of "I wish I had a girl who liked watching The Simpsons with me." which is cool and all, but it doesn't really matter and the only reason it does matter to (to you) is because it's anime. Which makes no sense.

I"m pretty sure girls have no objection to watching cartoons once in a while.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:56:41 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1170 on: February 24, 2012, 05:00:29 PM »
Jesus Christ, way to go overboard guys.

Thought process:
1.  I have this movie I want to watch (Gyo - Horror film by guy who did Uzumaki which is fairly mainstream acceptance in the horror community) 
2.  Should I watch it by myself tonight?  or wait and watch it with the gf on the weekend because it's the kind of thing that would be fun to watch together since we both like horror films and it's a campy horror film?
3.  Ask on TheBore to see if the movie is appropriate for watching with female and not some horribly sick.fuck movie

RESULT = YOU ARE A HORRIBLE WEABOO PERSON ATTEMPTING TO FORCE YOUR HOBBIES ON THE UNWILLING WOMEN OUT THERE WHO HATE ANIME WITH A PASSION.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.  WHY DON'T YOU GO OUTSIDE ON A WALK.  WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WATCH A MOVIE WITH A GIRL IN A GENRE YOU BOTH ENJOY AS AN ACTIVITY TO DO TOGETHER.  DIE IN A FIRE WEABOO.

Really, guys?  I thought this forum was better than this.  But everyone still has a super kneejerk reaction when it comes to anime.

Himu

« Reply #1171 on: February 24, 2012, 05:01:20 PM »
Even Mr Gundam's wife loves Totoro! Basically, anime is like any medium. If you show her Whisper of the Heart and she grimaces then there MAY be something wrong because she's judgmental and superficial enough to not watch something because LOL IT'S A CARTOON, but at the same time, if you're just wanting her to watch PANTSU AQUARION FUN TIME with you, then there's something equally as wrong with that picture.

Do you want your gf to watch quality anime, or otaku anime like Aquarion? This is important!
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1172 on: February 24, 2012, 05:05:15 PM »
Do you want your gf to watch quality anime, or otaku anime like Aquarion? This is important!

See above.  Was asking about a horror movie that I knew nothing about its contents to FIND OUT if it was a ghibli type movie you could watch with normal people or an otaku movie that you wouldn't.  Which caused the forum to freak out and throw insults.  Except Momo.  Momo was awesome for giving me an actual answer.

I'd never watch Aquarion or anything wacky_jappy/boobs/mecha/uguu with someone else, guy or girl.  I'm not stupid.  Even FLCL would be pushing it too far into the fanservice-y and I would not watch that with a girl.

Himu

« Reply #1173 on: February 24, 2012, 05:06:59 PM »
Okay. I'm glad we got that settled.

Then it shouldn't be an issue because MOST people should find something to like about Totoro or Porco Rosso or even Perfect Blue or Tokyo Godfathers.
IYKYK

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1174 on: February 24, 2012, 05:08:04 PM »
萌え~

Himu

« Reply #1175 on: February 24, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
Show your girlfriend Akira.
IYKYK

« Reply #1176 on: February 24, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »

Then it shouldn't be an issue because MOST people should find something to like about Totoro or Porco Rosso or even Perfect Blue or Tokyo Godfathers.

My wife actually liked Tokyo Godfathers. I didn't.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1177 on: February 24, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »

My wife actually liked Tokyo Godfathers. I didn't.

:maf
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1178 on: February 24, 2012, 06:17:56 PM »
New anime from the creators of Time of Eve:

dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1179 on: February 24, 2012, 06:22:21 PM »
I like Tokyo Godfathers.  I'm not huge on Perfect Blue or Paprika though.  Not even that big of Paranoia Agent fan.  I like Kon's non-thrillers like Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, his portion of Memories.

« Reply #1180 on: February 24, 2012, 06:35:37 PM »
Millenium Actress is incredible. Paranoia Agent is a good commentary on Japanese culture. Paprika is ok (AMAZING opening sequence, though). Not a big fan of Perfect Blue or Tokyo Godfathers.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1181 on: February 24, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
It's an absolutely travesty that the movie Kon was working on when he died is almost certainly just going to languish in development Hell for a while until it's quietly cancelled after everyone forgets that it ever existed.
dog

Himu

« Reply #1182 on: February 24, 2012, 08:16:34 PM »
Tokyo Godfathers > Millennium Actress
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1183 on: February 24, 2012, 10:00:55 PM »
It's an absolutely travesty that the movie Kon was working on when he died is almost certainly just going to languish in development Hell for a while until it's quietly cancelled after everyone forgets that it ever existed.

Well, Madhouse is going out of business, so....  :'(

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1184 on: February 25, 2012, 12:29:45 AM »
Hi

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1185 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:42 AM »
Show her Hei's collarbones.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #1186 on: February 25, 2012, 04:17:10 AM »
end of evangelion is the only good movie to watch with a girl.
QED

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1187 on: February 25, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »
Jesus Christ, way to go overboard guys.

Thought process:
1.  I have this movie I want to watch (Gyo - Horror film by guy who did Uzumaki which is fairly mainstream acceptance in the horror community) 
2.  Should I watch it by myself tonight?  or wait and watch it with the gf on the weekend because it's the kind of thing that would be fun to watch together since we both like horror films and it's a campy horror film?
3.  Ask on TheBore to see if the movie is appropriate for watching with female and not some horribly sick.fuck movie

RESULT = YOU ARE A HORRIBLE WEABOO PERSON ATTEMPTING TO FORCE YOUR HOBBIES ON THE UNWILLING WOMEN OUT THERE WHO HATE ANIME WITH A PASSION.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.  WHY DON'T YOU GO OUTSIDE ON A WALK.  WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WATCH A MOVIE WITH A GIRL IN A GENRE YOU BOTH ENJOY AS AN ACTIVITY TO DO TOGETHER.  DIE IN A FIRE WEABOO.

Really, guys?  I thought this forum was better than this.  But everyone still has a super kneejerk reaction when it comes to anime.

Are we really over-reacting, based on your dating post history here?   ;)

See above.  Was asking about a horror movie that I knew nothing about its contents to FIND OUT if it was a ghibli type movie you could watch with normal people or an otaku movie that you wouldn't.  Which caused the forum to freak out and throw insults.  Except Momo.  Momo was awesome for giving me an actual answer.

I'd never watch Aquarion or anything wacky_jappy/boobs/mecha/uguu with someone else, guy or girl.  I'm not stupid.  Even FLCL would be pushing it too far into the fanservice-y and I would not watch that with a girl.

If this is your girlfriend and she knows what you're into (and you know what she's into), maybe wacky-uggu-mecha-boobs-animu is fine.  You didn't say that this was someone you were in a relationship with already.
ど助平

« Reply #1188 on: February 25, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »

I had no idea this came out on Blu-ray here. $15 to boot.
野球

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1189 on: February 25, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »

Perfect Blue is one of my favorite films of all time.

Bebpo

« Reply #1190 on: February 25, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »

I had no idea this came out on Blu-ray here. $15 to boot.

The first ep was kind of cool in a camp way.  The next couple were pretty sucky unfortunately :(

« Reply #1191 on: February 25, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »
I'm fighting the good fight and supporting mecha on Blu-ray in North America.
野球

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1192 on: February 26, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:22:19 PM by lyte edge »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1193 on: February 26, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »
Image is too large.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1194 on: February 26, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
Going to start:
Apollon - Watanabeeee
Eureka Seven AO - hmm

Will keep watching:
Gundam AGE
Aquarion Evol

That's about all the shows I can handle at once. 

Bebpo

« Reply #1195 on: February 26, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »
Might watch Nadia re-master if it's good.  Unlike stuff like SEED remaster, Nadia was done back on animation cells so technically it can look really nice in HD if they spend the effort.

« Reply #1196 on: February 26, 2012, 02:37:05 PM »
Ozuma -- Ahoy thar Leiji Matsumoto designs!
Apollon
Eureka Seven AO

That's it for me.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1197 on: February 26, 2012, 02:37:54 PM »
Winner of the "WTF description" Award goes to Nazo No Kanojo X:

"When a mysterious transfer girl happens to drool on her desk one day, Akira Tsubaki decides to taste it.  Little did he know that soon he would be going out with Mitaka Urabe, a girl who he knows absolutely nothing about, yet seems to be destined for."
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1198 on: February 26, 2012, 02:44:11 PM »
Image is too large.
If I shrunk it down it wouldnt be readable >.>

I'm really, really laughing hard at Thomas the tank engine :lol

Edit: dat drool

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1199 on: February 26, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »
YES! YES YES!:

-Jormungand [YES!]

Definitely:

-Ozuma [Matsumoto scifi adventure = Yes]
-Uchuu Kyoudai [Realistic astronaut stuff!]
-Yurumates [the short OVA released earlier was okay, so I'll watch this too]
-Tsuritama [synopsis sounds interesting, different from the usual stuff, plus it's from the director of Kuuchuu Buranko and [C]]
-Sakamichi no Apollon [I'm not that sold on the synopsis, but it's Shinichirou Watanabe and Yoko Kanno so...yeah.]
-Zetman [looks pretty cool from what I've seen]

Maybe:

-Tosogare OtomeXAmnesia
-Hyouka
-Shining Hearts
-Sankarea [the manga is a total guilty pleasure]
-Medaka Box [the series started out as funny school comedy show with over-the-top stuff, but then got bad when it decided to be a grim-dark shounen series. Maybe Gainax can make it work]
-Nazo no Kanojo X [something about this...]

Very promising season from what I see.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:01:42 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog