Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1266384 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Official Manly Anime Thread of Joseph Joestar Vs. Vampires
« Reply #1260 on: March 12, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »
Was it just rape or was it rape rape?
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1261 on: March 12, 2012, 10:20:40 AM »
Drugged loli looking girl rape rape

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1262 on: March 12, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »
It's not like the movie actually shows it, though.
dog

« Reply #1263 on: March 12, 2012, 11:10:33 AM »
Well it doesn't sound like something I'd want to watch in general.  Sounds kind of rape rape from the way you guys were talking?  Rape scenes in anime really bother me.

I'll let you know.

Rape in general makes me uncomfortable, but I can handle it in media (ie. Dragon Tattoo, etc.).
野球

Himu

« Reply #1264 on: March 15, 2012, 12:07:14 AM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1265 on: March 15, 2012, 12:44:02 AM »
^I didnt know where to put that so i posted it in the movie news thread, hoping can talk some samurai x now. Movie looks fun

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1266 on: March 21, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »
Isamu Imakake directing new animated movie by Happy Science group

A website has been launched announcing the October release of the anime film adaptation of The Mystical Laws, a book by Ryuho Okawa, the founder of the controversial religious organization Happy Science (Kōfuku no Kagaku). The publishing arm of the organization will be producing the animated film alongside a live-action film adaptation of Okawa's Final Judgement. The group has sponsored a number of animated films in the past.

Cowboy Bebop set designer Isamu Imakake, who also directed the 2009 Happy Science film The Laws of Eternity, will be directing the film, and Okawa will oversee its overall production. The film takes place in 201X, when the newly-formed "Empire of Godom" is threatening to take over the world by using mysterious technology offered to them by Reika Chan, the mysterious female president of a trading company. The protagonist of the film Sho Shishimaru is the one man who has the "mystical technology" that can stop the Empire of Godom, but after being hunted down by the Empire, he is saved by "mysterious Indians," who tell him about a prophecy about the "second coming of a savior."

Various showings of Happy Science films have been held in the United States as far back as September 2000. In 2009, Fumiya Sato, author of Kindaichi Case Files, ran as one of 17 candidates representing the organization's political party Kōfuku Jitsugen-tō in Japan's legislative elections.
:hyper :hyper

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1267 on: March 21, 2012, 01:30:38 PM »
Nisemonogatari 11 - Final ep. Holy fuck was it brutal.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Really happy we got to learn more about the good guy, Kaki and Oshino. Also felt that it ended perfectly with Sejougahara
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1268 on: March 22, 2012, 02:02:22 AM »
Hunter x Hunter 2011 - Ep 23

Alright, I remember the guardian scene being a bit more dramatic before, but I was young then

Himu

« Reply #1269 on: March 22, 2012, 02:10:52 AM »
when does the new season start
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1270 on: March 22, 2012, 02:12:53 AM »
Of Nisemonogatari? It ended. Next up is Kizumonogatari

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1271 on: March 22, 2012, 02:45:28 AM »
SHITFUCKGATARI

No one cares about Shaft.

@Himu:

cool breeze

« Reply #1272 on: March 22, 2012, 02:55:11 AM »
Rock Lee Springtime of Youth is the best Naruto manga.  Might check out the anime.  Also Eureka Seven 2 and Sakamichi no Apollon,

Hunter x Hunter 2011 - Ep 23

Alright, I remember the guardian scene being a bit more dramatic before, but I was young then

It was.  New anime is faster, lighter, and more comedic than the original anime.

Related news, Hunter x Hunter manga is on hiatus again.  It was the longest uninterrupted run in quite a long time.  It's not like Togashi JUST STARTED A NEW ARC LAST CHAPTER FUUUU

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1273 on: March 22, 2012, 03:02:50 AM »
Read good shounen manga then. Like Nurarihyon no Mago, Beelzebub, Gamaran and Fairy Tail.

cool breeze

« Reply #1274 on: March 22, 2012, 03:09:23 AM »
oh you're serious

I'd rather count beans

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1275 on: March 22, 2012, 03:13:37 AM »
SHITFUCKGATARI
No one cares about Shaft.
No you.

It was.  New anime is faster, lighter, and more comedic than the original anime.

Related news, Hunter x Hunter manga is on hiatus again.  It was the longest uninterrupted run in quite a long time.  It's not like Togashi JUST STARTED A NEW ARC LAST CHAPTER FUUUU
Yeah I read about Hiatus x Hiatus. I hope they animate works further than greed island :/

Ah, so I wasnt imagining the impact of the first season

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1276 on: March 22, 2012, 03:43:00 AM »
oh you're serious

I'd rather count beans
I'm willing to bet that Nurarihyon, at least is better than your hiatusfest.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1277 on: March 22, 2012, 10:30:40 AM »
Got caught up on Teppu yesterday with 3 new chapters [well, not NEW]. Morae Oota needs to write faster!!
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1278 on: March 25, 2012, 04:02:38 AM »
Catching up on Aquarion Evol:

Bebpo

« Reply #1279 on: March 25, 2012, 04:03:02 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1280 on: March 25, 2012, 04:28:48 AM »
oh dear

Bebpo

« Reply #1281 on: March 25, 2012, 04:39:56 AM »
Innuendo aside, the show has started to pick up around ep10/11.  Mid-season is time to go off the hook and fully connect the story to the original Aquarion season it seems.  Which is what everyyyyyone is waiting for.

Fun show so far.  Feels very 90s mecha anime.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1282 on: March 25, 2012, 04:44:55 AM »
I atually feel like watching Dual now. That was the greatest mecha parody series of all time imo

Bebpo

« Reply #1283 on: March 25, 2012, 04:47:21 AM »
I liked Dual back in the day.  But then again I liked most anime brought to the west when I first was getting into it and didn't know better.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1284 on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:23 AM »
I havent watched it in ages but child me says that it was awesome. I trust child me since I hated DragonBall Z

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1285 on: March 25, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
I atually feel like watching Dual now. That was the greatest mecha parody series of all time imo

Dual? Try a dose of Dai-Guard, good sir.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1286 on: March 26, 2012, 02:53:50 AM »
Caught up on most the on-going manga I read.  Hunter x Hunter could've ended for good a chapter or two ago on top of that tree.  Seemed like it was building up toward a "ok, I'm done, time to retire" moment of the series ending.

But it's shounen so new arc start!  Could be good.  Overall the Election/Killua Arc was pretty nicely done.  Was a good comeback for the author after the long hiatus.  I liked the ending bit of the election a lot.

Naruto is pretty much crap now since once again it's not focusing on Naruto but the other characters I don't like.
Bleach's new arc is very entertaining so far, though the manga is still dumb and sucks.
Gantz is still dumb.

Just need to catch up on Drifters, Soul Eater, and Yotsuba&! now.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1287 on: March 26, 2012, 04:23:06 AM »
Naruto is the worst character in Naruto and the reason I stopped reading ages ago
Bleach suck as always
Gantz jumped the shark a while back

« Reply #1288 on: March 26, 2012, 11:05:35 PM »
Just finished watching Men in Black 2.5AnoNatsu 12... and almost a perfect ending. Not stereotypical, and finally plots and links to the original series that fans were clamoring for.

So when's my Onegai Twins remake, J.C. Staff?

« Reply #1289 on: March 26, 2012, 11:07:25 PM »
Also finished off Another but ugh do not want to get into that one. Ending is all levels of stupid.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1290 on: March 27, 2012, 01:17:34 AM »
Kizumonogatari should be out sometime soon

Bebpo

« Reply #1291 on: March 27, 2012, 02:47:17 AM »

:(

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1292 on: March 27, 2012, 02:49:10 AM »
 :rofl :bow2 :rofl

Bebpo

« Reply #1293 on: March 27, 2012, 03:20:45 AM »
Now that I caught up on all the anime I'm watching and manga I'm reading, I decided I'd finish up Nisemonogatari.  Watched ep4-5.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Outside the parts with Kaiki, this show is so boring compared to Bakemonogatari :(

Is the entire 11ep run a single arc?  Bakemonogatari had great pacing by doing 3-4ep arcs.

At least the OPs/ED are good.  Hoping when things start happening this arc will pick up. 

PS.  Hate some of the re-designs in this show.  Hanekawa looks so bland now :|  Prefered the Fire Sisters when they were non-sexified and cute comedy duo.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1294 on: March 27, 2012, 03:35:41 AM »
Yeah it's all one long related arc. It's very different from Bakemono in terms of tone and pacing. There are eps when Araragi literally walks from one location to the next for the entire 25 mins. But they keep it interesting with the conversations the chars have with each other. It all comes nicely to a head in the final two eps, the slow build up just makes it all the more worth while. This is much more of a personal story than Bakemono

Yeah not digging the Hanekawa and Senjougahara re-design. They also re-design one of the fire sisters midway through .. i dunno what it is about short hair that gives them a hard on.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:49:22 AM by Momo »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1295 on: March 27, 2012, 05:41:37 PM »
Just finished watching Men in Black 2.5AnoNatsu 12... and almost a perfect ending. Not stereotypical, and finally plots and links to the original series that fans were clamoring for.

So that series IS related to Onegai Teacher/Twins?  I thought the main girl was just a rip-off of the teacher...
ど助平

« Reply #1296 on: March 27, 2012, 07:43:02 PM »
Yeah, it is related. It was all wild fan speculation up until the last episode, but they pretty much made it undeniable the connection, or J.C. are wonderful, wonderful trolls.

Bebpo

« Reply #1297 on: March 28, 2012, 04:44:56 AM »
Nisemongatari ep6 - Mostly Senjougahara so it was good because her and araragi talks are always at least entertaining. 

I reaaaally hate that they gave Shinobu a voice now.  She was interesting in Bakemongatari and now she's just generic vampire loli :(  Also she sounds and acts exactly what Hanekawa's cat spirit sounded like at the end of Bakemonogatari.  At first I thought they were going to explain her talking by saying she absorbed the spirit in at the end of bakemonogatari, but no, that's just how she is.  Weird. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:50:51 AM by Bebpo »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1298 on: March 28, 2012, 05:09:37 AM »
Shinobu would have needed a voice for Kizumonogatari anyway, best to make us used to her speaking. The excuse that she didnt want to talk because she didnt want to is lame though

« Reply #1299 on: March 28, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »
I reaaaally hate that they gave Shinobu a voice now.

Even worse that it has to sound like Maaya Sakamoto.  :-\

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1300 on: March 29, 2012, 12:21:21 AM »
For me hana kanezawa should voice act everything.

Bebpo

« Reply #1301 on: March 29, 2012, 05:55:15 AM »
Can't sleep.  Watched Nisemonogatari ep7.

Fight scene with good animation -> Drama conclusion between siblings -> Kaiki scene -> Senjougahara scene -> Fake ending = good episode!  Would have thought that was the real arc ending if I didn't know there were still 5 eps left.  Curious where it goes now.

Bebpo

« Reply #1302 on: March 29, 2012, 06:24:01 AM »
Oh.  That was the end of the Karen Bee arc.  Ok, well solid ending I guess.  Arc was way too freaking long and not very good overall though.  Should've been about 3eps, not 7.  Could've completely cut the first 2eps for starters.  Then compacted the other 5 into 3 without losing anything.  Shrug, $$$ talks and dragging out these novels forever is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to Shaft.

At least this new arc only has 5 eps, so maybe it'll be paced a bit better.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1303 on: March 29, 2012, 07:06:14 AM »
The first arc has to be long. Although not completely about Karen, it's important to the second arc that you are very aware of Karen and the meaning she holds to Araragi.

Bebpo

« Reply #1304 on: March 29, 2012, 07:18:27 AM »
Ep8

:rofl 

that was greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.  First ep to really channel that Bakemonogatari awkward perverse comedy.  Best intro to incest ep ever!  The part where Tsukihi comes in and they freak out in sync was so hilarious.  omg.  Also I love how Tsukihi is animated like a 1950s Disney character  :lol

So many possible screenshots to post, all which would get me banned from this forum, lol.

Off to a good start with this arc!  Maybe Karen Bee was just a fluke and this will be bakemonogatari quality.  Karen Bee wasn't 'that' bad in retrospect.  It at least had Kaiki who was interesting.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:20:35 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1305 on: March 29, 2012, 07:26:02 AM »
Since I can't sleep and it's already 4:30am, I think I may just not sleep tonight and keep finish Nisemonogatari.  ^^;

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1306 on: March 29, 2012, 07:29:35 AM »
You're going to love it going forward, theres some amazing interplay between the chars :lol

« Reply #1307 on: March 29, 2012, 10:42:31 PM »
Ep8

:rofl 

that was greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.  First ep to really channel that Bakemonogatari awkward perverse comedy.  Best intro to incest ep ever!  The part where Tsukihi comes in and they freak out in sync was so hilarious.  omg.  Also I love how Tsukihi is animated like a 1950s Disney character  :lol

I see bebpo has finally experienced the wonder that is the toothbrush.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1308 on: March 29, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »
That toothbrush came out of nowhere, at first I was like "where is Araragi going with this??" then I was like " :-[ :rofl "

Bebpo

« Reply #1309 on: March 30, 2012, 06:10:36 AM »
Nisemonogatari ep9 & 10

This arc is good.  Things are moving at a normal pace.  Lots of events, lots of different characters without focusing too much on a single character.  Everyone is getting good exposure.  The author of the series is really good at creating characters.  The onmyouji pair are great just like kaiki.  Almost every character in the bakemonogatari/nisemonogatari world is interesting and feels original and not just a copy & paste of an stereotype.  The only thing I didn't like about these eps and some parts of Karen Bee as well is wtf when did Araragi turn into a pervert obsessed with feeling up underage girls?  In bakemonogatari any pervy stuff by Araragi was always played off as a joke and in general he wasn't really pervy or love-y or anything.  He was kind of just a normal dude surrounded by supernatural women.  In this he's kind of a parody of himself from bakemonogatari and a total joke character + pervert.  He's not always like that, but he goes into those phases at times in eps and it feels out of character with who he was in bakemonogatari.

Anyhow Kaiki's voice actor (you know, the guy whose been in everything for decades; most recently as Lockon Stratos in Gundam OO) is giving a REALLY GOOD performance of being this middle-age completely worn out man who doesn't want to make any effort that he doesn't have to in life.  The VA combined with his greaaaaat theme music, makes his character a really good addition to the worldview of the series.

Anyhow, 1ep left.  Kind of surprised as it seems like there's a lot going on at this point, but the arcs tend to end things very quickly sometimes (like the final ep of Karen Bee) so I'm sure it'll be satisfactory. 

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1310 on: March 30, 2012, 06:28:21 AM »
when did Araragi turn into a pervert obsessed with feeling up underage girls?
His vampiric bloodlust was replaced with this. It's always there, just wasnt seen as much in Bakemono

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1311 on: March 30, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »

:bow
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1312 on: March 31, 2012, 04:44:06 AM »
Finished Nisemonogatari.  Tsukihi Phoenix Arc was good.  Interesting characters, solid story/dialogue, good scenes.  I don't think it ever really reached the heights of any of the Bakemonogatari arcs, but as a cash-in sequel which are going to be the rest of the books as they animate them, it was enjoyable.  It's hard not to compare it to Bakemonogatari though.  I remember watching the final arc of Bakemonogatari when they're lying on the grass looking up at the stars and thinking "wow, this is a great end to a great series".  So inevitably it's going to be hard to get that kind of feel from any future sequels, though Kizumonogatari can still be awesome since it's a prequel and I'm really looking forward to that.

Don't hate it, don't love it.  Was...ok with some good stuff, and some boring eps early on.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1313 on: March 31, 2012, 06:35:25 AM »
Lupin :bow

Kizumonogatari is going to be great yes, been trying to hunt down the novels for that arc as well

Himu

« Reply #1314 on: March 31, 2012, 09:51:05 AM »
So good.

Real anime is BACK.

EDIT THE THREAD TITLE. REAL ANIME IS BACK.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1315 on: March 31, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »
EDIT THE THREAD TITLE. REAL ANIME IS BACK.

Done.
dog

« Reply #1316 on: March 31, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »

Yeah, real anime is back!  :hyper

« Reply #1317 on: March 31, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »
Is anyone streaming Eureka Seven AO?
野球

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1318 on: April 01, 2012, 04:54:41 AM »
Season looks the same as any.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1319 on: April 01, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »
Season looks the same as any.

So a season with Jormungand, Zetman, a new Watanabe/Kanno collaboration, a slick new Lupin III series, and a realistic look at space flight in the near future really looks the same as all the others recently? :wtf
dog