Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1314678 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Summer Malaize
« Reply #3840 on: August 12, 2013, 11:55:08 PM »
I don't even remember that stuff from the manga. Not much context there either, but those specific things I don't recall at all.

Beezy

« Reply #3841 on: August 13, 2013, 12:03:05 AM »
I guess it's a weakness of the medium, much like comics.
yep

Himu

« Reply #3842 on: August 13, 2013, 12:05:23 AM »
That's because THE ENTIRE ANIME SERIES IS A FLASHBACK pd and only is a small paltry amount of the content that's in the manga. You're not getting an expose of the world because all of that occurs pre and post flashback.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:06:57 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3843 on: August 13, 2013, 02:39:25 AM »
Is the manga good/similar? I'm almost done with the show and just heard the manga is still being written. Also are the movies good?

Himu

« Reply #3844 on: August 13, 2013, 02:55:36 AM »
The manga is great. Start from the beginning. If you have a tablet like an iPad, just dump it on there
 Movies are great and will continue where the anime left off.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3845 on: August 13, 2013, 08:07:59 AM »
I'm almost done with the show and just heard the manga is still being written.

What episode are you up to?
dog

Himu

« Reply #3846 on: August 13, 2013, 08:32:11 AM »
Yeah, I'm so sick of this fucking Golden Age arc. Who the fuck cares. Manga plz.

Another reason for PD that they keep winning battle after battle: it's called Golden Age for a reason.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:38:42 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3847 on: August 13, 2013, 08:54:55 AM »
Yup. It blocked it.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3848 on: August 13, 2013, 10:15:31 AM »
This is why I don't like the meta-narratives about fate or time travel. They break and stumble without fail.

Himu

« Reply #3849 on: August 13, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »
By the way, here's where Berserk's meta-plot falls apart due to Fridge Logic.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Guts struggles against and breaks fate.

Griffith is guided by fate as, more or less, the messiah of the Idea of Evil, aka "God."

Guts fucks up Griffith's destiny to become king by leaving the Band, resulting in Griffith going mad. 

Griffith ultimately uses the behelit to become the head of the Godhand at the cost of all of the lives of his loyal soldiers; Griffith does this because his body is ruined and he wanted to kill himself rather than live a life unfilled, never reaching his dream of becoming the king, and ultimately decides the lives of all of his compatriots are just a few more bodies on the pile, totally worth it to reach that castle in his dream.

"God" wants Griffith to become part of his Godhand.

If Guts didn't struggle against fate and resist Griffith's pull, Griffith wouldn't have gone off the deep end and fucked Charlotte, leading to his arrest and subsequent quadraplegic maiming, glossectomy, castration, etc.  If he wasn't in this desperate state, the Behelit / Godhand scenario might not have been seductive enough to convince Griffith to sign up to become Femto.    So does "God" want Griffith to fail and be maimed so he takes the deal?  And if so, then Guts leaving was fate and all part of the plan?  So is Guts really breaking fate, or not?

The only solution I can think of is that Griffith is ultimately an extremely evil Machiavellian asshole who would have sold out his friends anyway.  In which case, Guts may have altered the specifics of the scenario but it was going to happen with or without him.
[close]

An easier solution:

Guts leaving was a part of fate, as was Griffith being broken. In order to become one of the Godhand, perhaps God felt that Griffith needed to suffer before he ascended? After all, in the world of Berserk, the world is pretty fucking dark, so who knows WHAT is on God's mind or plan? The problem is you assume that God does all this because he is good. If God wants Griffith in his Godhand, then he clearly gives no fucks about how the thing is handled, so long as it happens, and Griffith becoming a broken shell of a man is the best course to that end goal.

The more concerned story thread is that the entire story hinges on Guts killing Griffith. Was that in God's plan? As you said, this  is a story about fate and destiny. Perhaps Guts manages to divert or change fate?
[close]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:08:11 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3850 on: August 13, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
I don't even remember this so I'm going to assume that's wayyyy ahead of where I stopped reading.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3851 on: August 13, 2013, 05:15:52 PM »
I stopped when Guts got some little girl in his party and marched on with a bag of shounen cliches behind him.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3852 on: August 13, 2013, 05:29:19 PM »
Please tell me that the little boy following is dead. The girl two. And those fucking twins.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #3853 on: August 13, 2013, 05:39:28 PM »
Schierke and Serpico are great.  The other two, not so much.

There's a lot of great stuff happening after they're introduced.  The manga didn't start to get dull until the last year or two when
they got on that ship.  The stories about the berserker armor and Griffith's new band of the hawk are great.
[close]

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3854 on: August 13, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »
You guys are making me want to watch Berserk again. Or maybe track down the films. Such a fucked up show. :rock
Hi

Himu

« Reply #3855 on: August 13, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
Puck is the only one I like and we've had Puck around since the first chapter. I wouldn't mind the new characters so much if they were fucking adults half of them weren't fucking children.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3856 on: August 13, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
Schierke and Serpico are great.  The other two, not so much.

There's a lot of great stuff happening after they're introduced.  The manga didn't start to get dull until the last year or two when
they got on that ship.  The stories about the berserker armor and Griffith's new band of the hawk are great.
[close]

Holy shit, I may have to pick it up again.
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #3857 on: August 13, 2013, 06:05:40 PM »
Maybe they would die if Miura actually released more than one chapter a year.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3858 on: August 13, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »
He is so going to die before he finishes this, I can see it coming.

Jay, don't forget that Farnese was nobility or at least rich. She probably got into her former position through nepotism and by displaying, uh, particular enthusiasm for her work. And she's starting to become more useful
by learning magic
[close]
, but who knows how long it will take for her to take an active role, if she ever does.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3859 on: August 14, 2013, 12:31:04 AM »
ep22  :o

Rickett better not be dead tho  :stahp :ufup

I wish Guts was away from the band longer - or at least, I wish it felt longer. He was gone for an episode and half a montage, then boom back to the band.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3860 on: August 14, 2013, 02:04:56 AM »
wtf is this shit 

:stahp

welp, it all makes sense now. Everyone virtually surviving until the end no longer feels like some generic fantasy where no one dies, it was all apart of the plan. Fuck. That dude with the knives, he was my nicca. Friendzoned...

I still feel like the series felt very disjointed, and to end on that note...well technically not end since the first episode happens after the events of the finale. But I enjoyed it. More thoughts later.

Brehs where do I go from here?

What happened to Rickett?  :'(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:10:10 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Himu

« Reply #3861 on: August 14, 2013, 02:14:48 AM »
Start with the manga. Chapter 1.  In the manga there is a huge gap between when Guts first emerges in what you saw in episode 1 and the Golden Age arc, which is what you watched.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3862 on: August 14, 2013, 02:16:00 AM »
Ricket survives and helps a smith. I believe the smith is in the anime? Ricket ends up with him.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3863 on: August 14, 2013, 02:17:52 AM »
He gets saved by the Skull King or some shit? Just read a bit online. Bah

manga...dunno if I can dive into that gayness...but I want to see how this ends. Damn, there's not a movie or another season that continues it?

Himu

« Reply #3864 on: August 14, 2013, 02:19:25 AM »
Dude the comic is far from gay. It is one the most influential and praised comics of all time. They're  working on movies that are post Golden age.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #3865 on: August 14, 2013, 02:21:34 AM »
What happened to Rickett?  :'(

can't remember how it played out in the anime but in the manga
he lives, and I believe is saved by a super important character left out of the anime named the skull knight.  He saved Guts and Casca too.

If you remember Zodd, that giant dude who wrecked Guts and Griffith's shit at one point, the skull knight is (at least) on his level. 
[close]

edit:

and don't think the skull knight is a good and noble dude.  almost everything about berserk from guts side is fucked.
[close]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:29:36 AM by fryinghigh »

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #3866 on: August 14, 2013, 02:25:47 AM »
PD don't read it.

Manga will never end in our lifetime so don't bother.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3867 on: August 14, 2013, 02:37:47 AM »
A couple of mangas I know will outlive me

-Hunter X Hunter (if Togashi manages to treat his aids well)
-Ippo
-Berserk

cool breeze

« Reply #3868 on: August 14, 2013, 02:47:01 AM »
Odd one out is Ippo.  That comes out on a regular basis but it's soooo slow and the author won't advance the story and finds contrived stupid reasons to delay the inevitable.  I gave up on that one.

The last HxH hiatus left off at a point where a few more chapters could wrap up the series in my eyes.  The difference with HxH is that
it reached its goal, and it's all open ended from here on out.
[close]
I'm confident that it will end.

Berserk? no chance

Himu

« Reply #3869 on: August 14, 2013, 02:54:01 AM »
You gave up on Ippo Frying? Hallelujah. I gave up on it years ago. I LIKE Ippo -  A LOT. But the problem is that the plot and character development is non-existent. And has been that way for what 20 years? It's just fight after fight. Ippo anime > manga.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3870 on: August 14, 2013, 03:14:27 AM »
So the author of Berserk takes his time, Martin style, or is he just not working on it?

Himu

« Reply #3871 on: August 14, 2013, 04:29:53 AM »
Well. Berserk is a series that has really high quality artwork. To keep this standard up chapters are released a few times a year. In the past few years he has decreased that to like two chapters a year. Which is terrible. So still better than Martin pace.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3872 on: August 14, 2013, 06:55:35 AM »
Odd one out is Ippo.  That comes out on a regular basis but it's soooo slow and the author won't advance the story and finds contrived stupid reasons to delay the inevitable.  I gave up on that one.

The last HxH hiatus left off at a point where a few more chapters could wrap up the series in my eyes.  The difference with HxH is that
it reached its goal, and it's all open ended from here on out.
[close]
I'm confident that it will end.

Berserk? no chance
Eh, nah. Where HxH ended they set it up for a big adventure arc. Also I really hate how
Gon met Ging
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3873 on: August 14, 2013, 08:05:41 AM »
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:16:52 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3874 on: August 14, 2013, 08:14:21 AM »
So the author of Berserk takes his time, Martin style, or is he just not working on it?

At one point, he got obsessed with moe animu games and his output dropped for a while. :lol
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:16:50 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3875 on: August 14, 2013, 08:40:33 AM »
Just got Rogue Troupe - hunter x Hunter. Will prolly watch it Friday

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3876 on: August 14, 2013, 09:29:02 AM »

At one point, he got obsessed with moe animu games and his output dropped for a while. :lol
Oh geez. Does he still live like a vampire? I can imagine it would be hard to find assistants with a nightowl schedule. This is where you tell me that he doesn't have any and I despair.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3877 on: August 14, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
After completion it reminded more of Malazan than ASOIAF. I'm just gonna read it online from the beginning. BTW is there a reason why the anime only covered a small arc of the manga, and are there any plans for a new series? I heard the movies just retell the shit already done in the anime, right?

cool breeze

« Reply #3878 on: August 14, 2013, 01:00:09 PM »
if the anime series continued back in the 90s, it would've caught up with the manga.

I read that the movies cover the manga closer than the series by including stuff like
Guts' rape and Skull Knight at the eclipse.
[close]

Himu

« Reply #3879 on: August 14, 2013, 01:17:51 PM »
The content in the manga pre and post Golden Age was likely not fit for television.

There are no plans for a new series, but the movies will be continuing and telling the story of the Berserk world we are all familiar with.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:39:24 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #3880 on: August 14, 2013, 01:47:43 PM »
I remember a Goat demon fucking bitches right before the Eclipse.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3881 on: August 14, 2013, 01:51:05 PM »
Don't forget the trolls and how they procreate.

Himu

« Reply #3882 on: August 14, 2013, 01:53:14 PM »
Where does the Goat demon orgy happen in the story because it's :rofl
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3883 on: August 14, 2013, 01:59:43 PM »
Around the inquisition stuff with Mozgus (?). It's
just some dude who wears a mask at first, but then the demon baby thing fulfills his wish and he turns into Baphomet.
[close]
I'm still surprised that Mozgus
didn't turn out to be an apostle. Not for being a murderous fanatic, but for looking like a crude wood carving.
[close]

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #3884 on: August 14, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »
I remember a Goat demon fucking bitches right before the Eclipse.

Right before the Eclipse?

You may be thinking of Wyald.  He wasn't a goat, but he was pretty savage looking even before he showed his true Apostle form.  I checked the wiki and it appears that the new trilogy of films also cuts out Wyald. 

It was kind of cool to see the Band of the Hawk take down a demon Apostle before the Eclipse.  That storyline was also extremely grimdark and had a bit of the ultraviolence.  As I recall he raped a village girl then severed her torso off and mounted it on his lance. 

The whole story was gratuitous in every way.  It wasn't completely pointless, and it wasn't boring.
Yeah, that demon. Sorry, my mistake.

As someone who watched the anime first, that place felt weird to me because in the anime the whole team were legit shocked to see demons and apostles at the Eclipse which made the emotional impact much more stronger.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #3885 on: August 14, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
True true.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3886 on: August 14, 2013, 10:01:45 PM »
There's plenty of questionable shit in anime though, ridiculous violence and pedo-esque sex.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3887 on: August 14, 2013, 10:47:33 PM »
But that's what I'm saying though. Even if the content is super crazy, it could have been an OVA/film/etc and been successful I assume, given how popular the brand is. I was just wondering if there was some specific reason nothing like that has happened, perhaps the creator not signing off or something. There's clearly a market for it, just based off the sales numbers I've looked at.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3888 on: August 14, 2013, 11:30:26 PM »

I don't think they ever planned to make more than those 25 episodes. It wasn't on account of Miura, though, he approved of the TV series and the changes it made to the story.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3889 on: August 14, 2013, 11:39:12 PM »
I have such mixed feelings about the Berserk anime. It's such a great show, no doubt about that, but the ending probably made me more angry and upset than any other piece of fiction. They did a really good job of building up all of the characters throughout the course of the show and then just jam them wholesale through the shredder in that last episode. Man, I still feel mad just thinking about it again. :lol
dog

Himu

« Reply #3890 on: August 14, 2013, 11:50:38 PM »
Watch Claymore and Now and Then, Here and There next PD :rejoice

IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3891 on: August 14, 2013, 11:58:32 PM »
Is there an explanation or "rules" on how demons can interfere with human existence? For instance the demon that Guts and Griffith face off against in ep6. They can go back and forth between the two realms at will?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3892 on: August 17, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »

:rejoice

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3893 on: August 17, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3894 on: August 17, 2013, 09:19:10 PM »
Watch Space Brothers and Silver Spoon.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3895 on: August 17, 2013, 09:24:53 PM »
Kinmoza is the moe-est show of the season, you should watch that.
©@©™

Freyj

« Reply #3896 on: August 17, 2013, 09:27:02 PM »
Berserk blew my fucking mind when I first read the manga forever ago, and still does with every re-read, but I honestly can't give a shit in-between re-reads.

There's decades to go before any kind of conclusion and around 5 or so years between the major plot arcs.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3897 on: August 17, 2013, 11:22:52 PM »
Kinmoza is death by moe.

dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3898 on: August 17, 2013, 11:31:11 PM »
Kinmoza is the moe-est show of the season, you should watch that.

AWWWW YEAH THIS LOOKS AWESOME.

It is. Not for the weak of heart. :uguu
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3899 on: August 17, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »
dog