Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1266507 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|
« Reply #10800 on: March 05, 2022, 03:03:20 PM »
Indiana Court of Appeals rules in favor of watching anime on YouTube:
Forbidden by the terms of his probation from accessing obscene material, Michael Bedtelyon landed in hot water with his probation officer after watching sexually suggestive anime cartoons. The court concluded the material constituted obscenity and revoked four years of Bedtelyon's suspended sentence. On appeal, Bedtelyon argues that the State failed to prove the videos constituted obscenity as defined by statute. We agree….

Bedtelyon was convicted of Level 4 felony sexual misconduct with a minor for criminal acts he committed with a 14-year-old girl he met on a dating app. After serving part of his eight-year sentence, Bedtelyon was released on probation. As a term of his probation, Bedtelyon was "prohibited from accessing, viewing, or using internet websites and computer applications that depict obscene matter as defined by [the Indiana obscenity statute]."

Through software required by the terms of his probation, Bedtelyon's probation officer learned that Bedtelyon had viewed several anime videos on YouTube with concerning titles, including: My Mother and Sister Pretend to Be Expecting My Babies After I Lost My Memory; I Seduced My Cousin and Let Him Do Everything He Wanted; and I am the Seventh of Sextuplet Girls and I Am a Boy. After viewing these videos, Bedtelyon's probation officer determined they were obscene and therefore violated the terms of Bedtelyon's probation….
The videos were not admitted into evidence, and we cannot determine that the court actually viewed them. Instead, the court relied on the testimony of Bedtelyon's therapist and probation officer who watched the videos and obliquely described the content. Their testimony reveals that the cartoons feature "provocatively dressed," though never naked, women. The animated characters all experience incestuous attraction. Overall, the evidence suggests that these videos might have erotic themes, are erotic in tone, and describe erotic feelings. But the State did not present evidence that sexual conduct as defined by statute was depicted or described, rather than merely implied.

In the first video, My Mother and Sister Pretend to Be Expecting My Babies After I Lost My Memory, the titular mother and sister pretend to care for their shared brother and son. Bedtelyon's probation officer testified, "At some point he impregnated them both and they were carrying his children." {Bedtelyon testified that neither woman was actually pregnant, which the video's title corroborates. Considering only the evidence in favor of the judgment, however, we accept Bedtelyon's probation officer's description here.} The sister "was clearly in love with him."  These details suggest that the video heavily implies incestuous sex but not that such sex was depicted or described. This is so even though two of the characters become pregnant. Without evidence that the video showed or recounted the act leading to conception, we cannot say the video depicted or described sexual conduct.

The second video, I Seduced My Cousin and Let Him Do Everything He Wanted, features an "attractive" sixteen-year-old girl telling a story about her crush on her sixteen-year-old male cousin. "After great efforts of trying to seduce [him], he ended up spending the night with her cuddling, kissing all over."  The two begin dating and wrangle with how to disclose their relationship to their family. Again, none of the actions depicted or described satisfy the statutory definition of "sexual conduct." "Kissing all over" could describe "other sexual conduct"—namely mouth to genital contact—but it could also describe behavior squarely outside the bounds of the Sexual Conduct Statute. Where multiple witnesses testified that the characters were never nude, and there was no testimony that any character exhibited their genitals, it is too great a deductive leap to determine that this testimony describes the sexual conduct the Obscenity Statute was intended to reach.

The third video, I am the Seventh of Sextuplet Girls and I Am a Boy, stars sextuplets, the seventh of which identifies as a boy. {Careful readers will notice that sextuplets are only six, not seven, siblings. The record contains no explanation for this discrepancy.} By the end of the video, two of his sisters fall in love with him.

They are feeling his bulgy muscles. They are continuously all over their brother to the point where they make him feel uneasy about the situation. They end up sleeping in his room … And I think at the very end of the video, the brother wakes up and actually finds his two sisters in bed with him. And, you know … they are sitting there smiling.

This video, too, fails to depict or describe anything more than implied sexual intercourse. That the sisters were "all over" their brother and "in bed with him" alone is not "sexual conduct" as defined by statute. The content is certainly suggestive, but suggestion of sexual conduct alone cannot constitute obscenity. If sexual suggestion alone triggered the Obscenity Statute, censors could train their scopes on clearly constitutional expression, from great literature to soap operas to internet memes.

Bedtelyon's probation officer conceded that the type of sexual conduct forbidden by statute was left to the viewer's imagination, describing the videos as largely "thought provoking" and "intended to … provoke … deviate thinking." Bedtelyon's therapist testified that the videos were concerning because their content "feeds that deviate fantasy."  But matters that encourage deviate thinking are not necessarily obscene—which Bedtelyon's probation officer also acknowledged when he testified, "I guess where I said obscene maybe doesn't necessarily make it illegal." Here, the probation officer is right. The United States Supreme Court has limited regulation of obscene materials to those that "depict or describe patently offensive 'hard core' sexual conduct specifically defined by the regulating state law, as written or construed." …

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10801 on: March 05, 2022, 06:18:36 PM »
The third video, I am the Seventh of Sextuplet Girls and I Am a Boy, stars sextuplets, the seventh of which identifies as a boy. {Careful readers will notice that sextuplets are only six, not seven, siblings. The record contains no explanation for this discrepancy.}

Wow, adding this to the IMDb Goofs section.
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #10802 on: March 05, 2022, 06:35:21 PM »

Tasty

Tasty

« Reply #10804 on: March 08, 2022, 05:36:42 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10805 on: March 08, 2022, 06:59:09 PM »
so I'm up to where oden is adventuring with pirate buddies and it's great seeing who he was after only hearing about him being some great and honorable leader. also sad knowing he gets done dirty and dies   :-\ can they resurrect the only character who didn't skip leg day? ODEN-SAMAAAAAAAAAA! :stahp

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10806 on: March 31, 2022, 04:13:04 PM »
https://www.livechart.me/anime/10843

YA BOY KONGMING!
Ya Boy Kongming!,Paripi Koumei,パリピ孔明

Fate and reincarnation deliver brilliant military strategist, Kongming, from warring, ancient China to Japan’s modern party hot spot in Shibuya City, Tokyo. After a lifetime of battles and military skirmishes, Kongming wished with his last breath to be reborn in a world of peace and prosperity. It’s nearly two millennia later and he’s finding his way in a very different world than that of his past life. When he meets Eiko, an amateur musician with big dreams, the unlikely duo strikes up an even unlikelier friendship. Eiko has street smarts to help Kongming navigate this strange new world, and Kongming will use his strategic mind to help Eiko achieve stardom!

:titus

Beezy

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Tasty

« Reply #10810 on: April 11, 2022, 11:48:02 AM »

Beezy

« Reply #10811 on: April 11, 2022, 06:04:25 PM »
dub version :yuck

Bebpo

« Reply #10812 on: April 15, 2022, 04:18:25 AM »
The Initial D car popped up for sale in GT7 and I remembered my friend who was really into Initial D. That was in high school. Those were VHS fansubs.

Fuck, Initial D is old. Doesn't feel like that long ago, just feels like Naruto/Bleach kind of times, but it is. Makes me feel old.

Polident Hive

« Reply #10813 on: April 15, 2022, 05:27:46 AM »
Never knew anybody else who watched the anime. But between the arcade game and music, friends were oddly big into Initial D as a broader franchise. Goes hand to hand with general car culture passion of the time.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10814 on: April 20, 2022, 06:42:24 PM »
The Initial D car popped up for sale in GT7 and I remembered my friend who was really into Initial D. That was in high school. Those were VHS fansubs.

Fuck, Initial D is old. Doesn't feel like that long ago, just feels like Naruto/Bleach kind of times, but it is. Makes me feel old.

Saw one of those on the street in Osaka last week. That’s impressive when one considers the “sha-ken” scam that the government uses to pressure Japanese people to buy newer cars.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10815 on: April 20, 2022, 07:07:59 PM »

I remember freshman year of college going to the anime club* one time and they were showing Initial D, which is how I got into that franchise.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
* I learned my lesson about going to college anime club after going that one time
[close]
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10816 on: April 20, 2022, 08:13:12 PM »

I remember freshman year of college going to the anime club* one time and they were showing Initial D, which is how I got into that franchise.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
* I learned my lesson about going to college anime club after going that one time
[close]

I remember going to an anime club when I was in HS. It was in a gym or community center, and they were watching laserdiscs imported from Japan by the senior members of the club, and VHS decks were daisy-chained from the LD player, with the "junior" members of the club having their VHS decks on cable splitters, further generations away from the source. I enjoyed the anime, but there was clearly some geek hierarchy they were trying to enforce, so I never went back.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #10817 on: April 20, 2022, 08:38:24 PM »
Being at the back end of the anime centipede. :(
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10818 on: April 21, 2022, 12:42:46 AM »
Being at the back end of the anime centipede. :(
:rofl

Yeah, and from a social and hygiene angle it was every bit as bad as you'd expect from a pre-internet, community geek gathering.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10819 on: April 30, 2022, 05:11:17 PM »
https://kitsu.io/manga/power-antoinette

Power Antoinette 2022

"If the people don't have bread, let them pump iron!"

The queen's proclamation echoed across the Place de la Révolution. Chased from her palace and sent to the executioner's block, Marie Antoinette exploded in anger at the people who were basking in the euphoria of the Revolution. The people she loved were no more.

The muscular queen (of France) Marie destroyed the executioner's block and confronted the revolutionary horde, wielding the guillotine she had taken from them!

"I am France. The one and only France."

This is a story of rebirth. Muscles only become stronger after it has been injured.
The story of the strongest queen who reversed the French Revolution with her own strength!

(Source: GA Bunko, translated)

:titus

Tasty

« Reply #10820 on: April 30, 2022, 08:27:07 PM »
WWII really did a number on Japan.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10821 on: May 10, 2022, 07:22:45 PM »

Tasty

Disclosure: I own $WBD stock
« Reply #10822 on: May 16, 2022, 11:29:41 PM »
Not technically anime but Young Justice is four seasons of solid gold, and I can't wait for each new ep to drop Thursdays on HBO Max.

DC done right. Weisman da gawd.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10823 on: May 19, 2022, 02:04:59 PM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10824 on: May 26, 2022, 10:25:20 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10825 on: May 27, 2022, 12:50:47 AM »

This looks okay, but the original is still freaking perfect. Why re-make it?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10826 on: May 27, 2022, 08:41:00 AM »
Don't know Japan has been on the remake/reboot tip too.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10827 on: May 30, 2022, 10:02:33 PM »
Japan loves bringing nostalgic items back. There are even many modern cars here which are designed to look like models from 3 to 4 decades ago.

Dragonball Z Kai is basically a retelling / re-edit for clarity, remastering, bringing to a current audience with current attention-level constraints.

Evangelion is being trotted out again and again, trying to tell the same story repeatedly.

Urusei Yatsura here is just re-doing the series, from what I can see. Maybe it's like DBZ Kai, and a retelling with a purpose.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #10828 on: May 31, 2022, 01:15:44 AM »
spy x family is so cozy :heart

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Polident Hive

« Reply #10830 on: June 17, 2022, 02:40:08 PM »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-06-16/cg-studio-orange-animates-new-trigun-stampede-2023-anime/.186632

About a million years ago I was majorly into Trigun. I’m of that generation. The old anime adaptation took liberties and diverged from the manga. Thinking this’ll be a Hellsing, FMA Brotherhood, and HxH 2011 type of re adaptation sticking to the letter.

Bebpo

« Reply #10831 on: July 04, 2022, 02:08:54 AM »

Can't tell if this is gonna do a version of the manga story. Some people are saying it might just be a prequel story of Vash & Knives leading up to the anime. Which could be fine but still would be a shame not to do a proper Trigun series like FMA Brotherhood. I guess they can gauge interest with a prequel season?

Beezy

« Reply #10832 on: July 04, 2022, 11:22:23 AM »

People are going crazy over this, but Bleach was just okay from what I remember. A lot of style and not a whole lot else. I'm surprised the fandom is still this strong.

Tasty

« Reply #10833 on: July 07, 2022, 07:31:36 PM »
https://kotaku.com/yu-gi-oh-creator-kazuki-takahashi-manga-konami-died-60-1849151231

Fuuuuuuuuuuuckk I didn't know he was that old. :( Edit- Wait he died snorkeling??

Yu-Gi-Oh! was an absolute pillar of my childhood. The anime was meme heaven that birthed YGO The Abridged Series, the manga's influence is still felt today, and the TCG gobbled probably too much of my childhood time and money. And I still play -- Master Duel on Switch and Steam has been amazing. But we're never getting that DSOD sequel now (one of my favorite anime films ever). :(

Rest in peace. :( :( :(

Tasty

« Reply #10834 on: July 07, 2022, 11:42:02 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #10835 on: July 07, 2022, 11:46:19 PM »
God bless Kazuki Takahashi, the only mangaka brave enough to make a dick-monster the star villain.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #10836 on: July 08, 2022, 12:44:40 AM »
damn

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10837 on: July 08, 2022, 04:19:04 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

Tasty

« Reply #10839 on: July 09, 2022, 03:48:54 PM »
:( :( :(

Bebpo

« Reply #10840 on: July 19, 2022, 11:49:38 PM »
Catching up on some of the (bad) more recent Gundam I've skipped. Finally watched Gundam NT/Narrative.

So, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I thought the action was generally good. The story is nonsense, but then so was Unicorn and that was alright. The mechs were all just crappy clones of Unicorn or ugly like the Phoenix Gundam. Movie was ok enough I guess, but it really felt like it needed more room to breathe/develop the story/cast. I think this was the one where it was supposed to be a full length show and got truncated into a 90 min movie? Definitely feels like it.

Also pretty sure F91 was same deal. Bad movie, nice animation, meant to be a TV show and instead is a super rushed movie without much development.

Gonna watch Twilight Axis next. At least it's only 26 mins...

Bebpo

« Reply #10841 on: July 20, 2022, 02:23:46 AM »
Gundam Twilight Axis was pretty bad. Originally released as a bunch of web shorts that were 3 mins each, I watched the compilation movie and the pacing is really terrible obviously due to 3 min ep limitations. Pretty hard to follow and more ugly mecha designs (coffin gundam is super bad). Oh well.

Tasty

« Reply #10842 on: July 25, 2022, 08:27:26 PM »
Princess Mononoke: The masterpiece that flummoxed the US

Twenty-five years old this week, the film is Japanese animation master Hayao Miyazaki's most complex work. But how it was mishandled in the West speaks of fundamental artistic differences, writes Stephen Kelly.

Beezy

« Reply #10843 on: July 26, 2022, 12:13:15 AM »
Page unavailable, Tasty.

Tasty

« Reply #10844 on: July 26, 2022, 12:15:03 AM »
Damn the BBC fucking sucks.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #10845 on: July 26, 2022, 09:28:23 AM »
Despite the title, I'm glad the article makes it a little more clear it wasn't that dumb Americans didn't appreciate Mononoke, it was that Harvey Weinstein was a piece of shit.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #10846 on: July 26, 2022, 10:15:34 AM »
As always.

Tasty

« Reply #10847 on: July 27, 2022, 08:24:55 PM »
https://puck.news/netflixs-animated-double-down

Out with the Ryan Murphy deals, and in with the modest-sized bets on cheaper, “stickier” animation and anime fare.

...Demand for animated content has grown consistently over the last several years, making up just over 7 percent of the total global demand share for content in 2020, according to research firm Parrot Analytics, where I work as director of strategy. On top of that, demand for adult-oriented animation and adult-oriented anime has consistently grown, with a projected global market share of $43.73 billion by 2028, according to global marketing research firm Brand Essence.

Something positive, maybe.

Polident Hive

« Reply #10848 on: July 27, 2022, 11:07:50 PM »
Rare anime I watch is what’s on Netflix, because it’s there. More is good.

Isekai Ojisan on Netflix is pretty fun. Gag show about a nerd returning to the real world after years in a magic fantasy one. Most of his concerns revolve about Sega.

Tasty

Tasty

« Reply #10851 on: August 27, 2022, 05:01:07 PM »

Akira Toriyama slowly becoming George Lucas, you hate to see it.  :camby

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10852 on: August 27, 2022, 05:27:17 PM »
It makes no sense and doesn't it retcon the explanations given in Dragonball Z?

Which as far as I remember had a few
- The Saiyans power greatly increased every time they survived a near death experience
- Once Goku figured out how the Super Saiyan transformation worked the others could train to achieve the same
- Mixed race Saiyans are stronger than pure blood Saiyans (Gohan/Goten/Trunks)
- The Hyberbolic Time Chamber sped up their training even more so than the conditions on Namek did
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #10853 on: August 27, 2022, 06:50:25 PM »
Midichlorians   S-Cells   :whatsthedeal

Tasty

« Reply #10854 on: September 01, 2022, 05:37:21 PM »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-08-30/hunter-x-hunter-yoshihiro-togashi-ive-decided-to-increase-my-staff/.189157

Hope he recovers soon, and I'm happy to see he's giving thought towards continuing HxH even if he might not be directly drawing every single panel.

Polident Hive

« Reply #10855 on: September 01, 2022, 06:07:44 PM »
Hope he’s healthy and continues. Anime fans can be vicious, tho. For a minute after Miura passed, people realized the toll these things take, and vowed to not be bratty towards Togashi et al. That didn’t last.

If anybody else reads One-Punch Man, sounded like Murata might stop soon. Or take a long break. It’s an unusual undertaking. Covering and expanding One’s web comic. People got mad about it.

Anyway, in the last issue they announced One-Punch Man anime season 3 is coming. And Hollywood is making a live action movie.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10856 on: September 01, 2022, 06:44:01 PM »
Cyberpunk anime is looking nice.

Studio trigger with gore and nudity

Beezy

« Reply #10857 on: September 09, 2022, 02:12:21 PM »

I haven't watched it yet, just sharing for anyone else like me who didn't know that a prologue episode was up.

Bebpo

« Reply #10858 on: September 09, 2022, 02:28:25 PM »
Yeah, I watched it. Thought it was alright. It's no IBO ep1 and the animation isn't on the level of the recent movies/OAVs like Unicorn/Hathaway, but it's not bad. Will watch the show for sure and keep expectations in the middle.

Some people really liked it tho.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10859 on: September 16, 2022, 08:26:34 AM »