Author Topic: HAY GUYS LETS PLAY SOME WOW  (Read 2754 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
HAY GUYS LETS PLAY SOME WOW
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »
:-\
o_0

MrAngryFace

Re: HAY GUYS LETS PLAY SOME WOW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »
Honestly tho I dont see how stupid club dancing a dorm room is a better use of anyones time.
o_0

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 12:49:08 PM »
You're drunk, aren't you?
dog

MrAngryFace

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 12:51:23 PM »
No :(
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 04:38:46 PM »
yes I have used the /sleep command to make my character get in a bed before logging off before  :'(

My hardcore days of WoW are pretty much over. I had a lot of fun, and still like the game and continue to play. But I doubt I'll go back to the days of playing all weekend, or logging in at 4AM just to see what the new daily instance was, etc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 04:41:04 PM »
I raided from BC to the end of LK, was kinda hardcore 10 man crazy; but ive been clean for over a year now. Those days are behind me. Good thing too- work got a lot more challenging this past year; probably woulda had to quit WoW anyway.
o_0

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »
I raided from BC to the end of LK, was kinda hardcore 10 man crazy; but ive been clean for over a year now. Those days are behind me. Good thing too- work got a lot more challenging this past year; probably woulda had to quit WoW anyway.

or your work
乱学者

MrAngryFace

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 04:45:52 PM »
haha no- im not that nuts.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
I played non-stop during BC but didn't raid; at the time I didn't know much about that part of the game, and by the time I did I was so behind in gear it was hard to catch up. But I raided nonstop all through LK. I literally spent months doing Ulduar hard modes with my guild, and then got even more hardcore over IC.

Cataclysm...bleh. I did the instances, leveled, had fun...but when it came time to raid none of my friends were around and my guild had died due to drama*. After awhile I wound up joining my new guild's second tier group and raiding Firelands, but I just got tired of having so much of my evening dominated by this game.

There was a time when I'd get all my shit done before 8:45pm so I could log in and raid until 2-3am. If a raid was cancelled or ended prematurely I'd be legitimately pissed. Then I got to a point where it would be 8:30pm and I'd be like "meh, gonna go to dinner or watch a movie..."

*Perhaps the funniest aspect of my raiding was finding out that the guild leader who had been yelling at me and everyone else for 3 years was 18 years old. This dude made grown men rage when he was 15, and had his weird South American accent so we could never tell how old he was. I always thought he was like 30.  :lol

MrAngryFace

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
whats funny is when WoW first came out and I was playing DAoC I was all 'FUCK THAT CASUAL SHIT'- three months later im playing it. Single player of course. Then I took a break; then I came back. Single player again cause RAIDING IS FOR LOSERS WITH NO LIFE. A month later im raiding NAX. Then I quit cause GROWN UP THANGS.

So SWTOR is going to come out and im all 'FUKIN STUPID SPACE COMBAT WTF BIOWARE DRAGON AGE POOOOOOOO. Now I play it more than any of my friends.

WAH WAHHHHH

that said im not raiding in SWTOR and can quit whenever I want to

o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »
I'm so glad SC2 is good, it's the perfect game to play a lot without it dominating your time.

but yea, Guild Wars 2...

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 05:04:48 PM »
"I'm glad I'm clean now!"
> Plays 20 hours of TOR every weekend.
乱学者

MrAngryFace

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 05:18:09 PM »
:*(
o_0

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »
"Every since I picked up this crack habit, I haven't touched heroin! It sure feels good to be clean."
乱学者

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 05:21:25 PM »
well to be fair SWTOR's group/raid component sounds busted, as does its pvp- so i'll get bored with it eventually
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 08:02:05 PM »
After quitting wow I dabbled in Rift for a few months. Was fun for a bit. Like BC era WoW in ways. Now I don't think I'll touch any MMO until the Alpha and Omega arrives
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:26:41 PM by etiolate »

Himu

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 08:06:26 PM »
I fucking miss WoW.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »
My brother really put the game in perspective for me. He said every time he ever saw me raiding or playing WoW intently, I was visably upset, complaining, or making snide comments. It's true, most of my raid time was spent complaining (to myself) about people not doing their job, being late, etc.  :lol

My fav WoW raid memory: I was raiding Naxx with my first serious guild, and we were getting a bunch of stupid wipes on Heigan doing the safety dance. After many wipes, despite having beaten the boss in previous weeks, we still weren't making any progress that night. Finally on one attempt everything was going perfect, people were moving well, I was kiting perfectly, etc....then suddenly people started dying left and right. Finally it was me and our holy pally left. Then I died due to some bullshit, right as the boss had less than 1000 health left. Our holy pally bubbled and two shot the boss :rofl

man I loved that boss

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 09:32:35 PM »
I played WOW pretty hardcore from December 04 to March 2006. We were raiding twice a week at times, mainly Molten Core, Onyxia and eventually Zul Gurrub or whatever it was. Then one night our dickhead guild leader took the epic dagger from ZG boss because it fit his spec better (of course he was a hunter, I was a rogue with shitty daggers). A day or so later my credit card expired so my game time expired, and I just stopped, and haven't really missed it. I had a peek around during WOTLK but it wasn't the same.

can quit whenever I want to

mating call of the hopelessly addicted

that said if there was ever a decent open world sandbox mmo I'd probably lose my life to it. I feel like I missed something awesome with Ultima Online. Everything being instanced and lack of communities just kills them for me.
itm

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 09:57:19 PM »
I feel like I missed something awesome with Ultima Online.

I was explaining how crazy Ultima Online was to a friend the other day.  Really highlighted how reigned in every MMO has been since.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
I played WOW pretty hardcore from December 04 to March 2006. We were raiding twice a week at times, mainly Molten Core, Onyxia and eventually Zul Gurrub or whatever it was. Then one night our dickhead guild leader took the epic dagger from ZG boss because it fit his spec better (of course he was a hunter, I was a rogue with shitty daggers). A day or so later my credit card expired so my game time expired, and I just stopped, and haven't really missed it. I had a peek around during WOTLK but it wasn't the same.

can quit whenever I want to

mating call of the hopelessly addicted

that said if there was ever a decent open world sandbox mmo I'd probably lose my life to it. I feel like I missed something awesome with Ultima Online. Everything being instanced and lack of communities just kills them for me.

Makin a joke!
o_0

cool breeze

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 10:10:17 PM »
An MMO I'd be interested in is a World War 2 Online style simulation game.  Just a boring game that simulates a person's experience at another point in time.  Basically digital reenactments, but without attempting to make it fun in the slightest.

I don't play or like MMOs, but just observing recent trends, everything seems to sell you on being the hero.  That doesn't seem fun to me.

The only recent one I played was DC Universe Online beta and that was instanced out its ass.  What bothered me there is that you started the game as hot shit and suddenly fight Lex Luthor.  I'd rather have the complete super hero experience.  Punching poor people stealing womens' purses, finding the costume and identity, discovering my powers, etc.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:13:28 PM by Linkzg »

Himu

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 10:11:59 PM »
I feel like I missed something awesome with Ultima Online.

I was explaining how crazy Ultima Online was to a friend the other day.  Really highlighted how reigned in every MMO has been since.

What was great about UO?
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 10:18:29 PM »
I think you could kill everything and everyone, steal from players and such.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 10:36:21 PM »
lord british got killed while trying to make an announcement lol
pcp

MrAngryFace

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 10:50:25 PM »
lord british got killed while trying to make an announcement lol

That's awesome.
o_0

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 01:33:17 AM »
I still play, all alliance characters.

Main:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Nikitä/simple

Alt:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Codëx/simple

Alt:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Eringobragh/simple

Realid is my username @gmail.com  If you friend me, add in who you are pls.

I'm still really enjoying it.  I started when it came out, raided in classic from MC to Naxx 40, got to 4 Horsemen before BC came out.  Played a little bit in BC, then quit.  Played some private servers for a few years here and there, and then picked up a new account a week or two before Cata came out.  I missed all the BC and LK raiding at level.  :(  I'm currently in a 10-man guild, we're 8/8 DS and 1/8H DS.  It's pretty fun.

HURR

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:43 AM »
I think you could kill everything and everyone, steal from players and such.

Well, within a cities limits you were (for the most part) safe, although a grandmaster pickpocket could still steal something valuable from you if you weren't careful.  If you step outside the city and wanted to go to your house or a dungeon for instance, you would probably face a couple pks along the way.  Everything you carried with you belongs to that pk if you lose to him.  So the stakes involved with doing anything besides chatting with people in a neutral zone were pretty high.

I also belonged to a guild that had managed to convince the GMs to provide an island for them.  We basically had our own private city, and we would regularly have entire fleets of ships filled with enemy guilds come attack us.  Shit was bananas. 

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:54 AM »
Pre-Trammel UO was the best MMO ever made.

On my server the PK'ers took over the Covetous dungeon as their lair and they had a specific uniform. It was fun killing one of them, putting on their clothes, and going into their base to gank them there.
CBG

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 10:11:28 AM »
WoW was pretty much the only game I played from 2005 until 2007, when TBC came out. I leveled up with my friends, then all of us joined a raiding guild, then we moved up to a hardcore raiding guild, then we moved up to a hardercore raiding guild and then everybody quit after the expansion came out because they downsized the raids from 40 to 25. Had a ton of fun though, probably the most fun I've ever had playing a video game.

Don't think I'll ever play another game as seriously as I did with WoW though. I don't think I can ever commit to something like that again. Logging on every day, even when I REALLY didn't want to play and clearing a raid zone for the nth time is just ugh. Especially when you already have all of the loot you want.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:17:16 AM by iconoclast »
BiSH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »
I found 25 mans to be far too demanding overall, unless the group was predominantly a bunch of friends. In general, guild urn 25 mans suffered horrible downtime, botched coordination, and the occasional rager in vent/teamspeak/etc. In general I prefer 10 mans, where you can always tell who's helping, who's holding the group back, develop teamwork skills faster, etc.

Pretty much the only fun I had in 25 mans was during the WoTLK expansion, with ICC. It wasn't a guild run, and instead included friends from various guilds that weren't large enough to do 25 mans effectively. We had been playing together for years in terms of instance/dungeon runs, so everyone was familiar with each other and there were no issues with loot or rage.

On a side note, raids always seemed to go better if a couple people were parents, or older players. Moms especially seemed to effortlessly get people to chill the fuck out.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
i loved 10 mans, felt like band of brothers or some shit
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 03:32:12 PM »
Yup. Especially once you got to a point where everyone was familiar with each other. Plus if you had to miss a raid, you'd have a weird satisfaction knowing they couldn't possibly get anything  done without you..

...then you sign on later and learn they cleared everything and you'd be all like "oh cool, I knew you could do it!"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:41:42 PM by Phoenix Dark »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »
10 man ulduar hard mode was THE BEST WoW ever got imo
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »
agreed

We spent all of our raiding time focusing on hard modes, to the point where we never put emphasis on killing the last boss; mainly we focused on Mimiron (the fire tank dude) which was crazy on hard mode. Probably my most satisfying moment in WoW was getting Firefighter

So I never got a full Ulduar clear achievement, and one time some dude refused to invite me to one of the Cata raids because "looks like you didn't even finish Ulduar.." I almost raged  :maf

MrAngryFace

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 04:11:40 PM »
Haha oh man Mimiron on hard mode with that motherfuckin death lazer and those instakill bombs - ah memories
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »
lol we had some uber-lore dude who we used to pick on. He was especially PO'd about how "unrealistic" it was that Kologarn didn't have a hard mode

nerd dude: Loken would not have had his servant create a weak giant to defend Ulduar, he needs a hard mode. It's basically canon
some hunter: dude, this boss turns into a fucking bridge when he dies.
nerd dude: what does that have to do with not having a hard mode?

MrAngryFace

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
hahaha
o_0

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »
I quit before hard mode dungeons came in.

The best fun I had was doing Dire Maul/Blackrock Spire with sub optimal groups, like taking with a Shaman/Druid. In the end I hated raids, too many people.

And my favourite video is 15 rogue BRS.
itm

Acosta

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
I have been playing since day 1, but never was tempted by the hardcore said, I refused to have "schedules". There has been days I put many hours on it, but nothing crazy.

Nowadays I just put some hours by month for a little of PVP/Raid, pretty sad, I miss the joy I had in vainilla (yeah, yeah, rose tinted glasses, I know). Need to start with The Old Republic.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:31:44 PM by Acosta »

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »
I still play, all alliance characters.

Main:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Nikitä/simple

Alt:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Codëx/simple

Alt:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Eringobragh/simple

Realid is my username @gmail.com  If you friend me, add in who you are pls.

I'm still really enjoying it.  I started when it came out, raided in classic from MC to Naxx 40, got to 4 Horsemen before BC came out.  Played a little bit in BC, then quit.  Played some private servers for a few years here and there, and then picked up a new account a week or two before Cata came out.  I missed all the BC and LK raiding at level.  :(  I'm currently in a 10-man guild, we're 8/8 DS and 1/8H DS.  It's pretty fun.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

DOWN WITH THE FILTHY ALLIES
UK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »
I quit WoW, but I dont hate it. I loved a lot of the time I spent playing it and view my time in 10 mans, even at their worst, as unique social gaming experience that cannot be replicated by anything else out today.

But im done with WoW.
o_0