Author Topic: Botanicula thread (I just saved the IRL rainforest)  (Read 1677 times)

Timber

Botanicula thread (I just saved the IRL rainforest)
« on: April 19, 2012, 02:00:47 PM »

Botanicula, or the Citizen Kane of gaming, is out today and Amanita put up an insane promotion that lets you buy it along with Machinarium, Samorost 2, Windosill and a movie called Kooky that's supposedly quite good. You also get to be a real hero.

Once you guys are done complaining about Phil Blow you can go here: http://www.humblebundle.com/ and give them all your money.

I'll play it in a bit.
w/e

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Botanicula thread (I just saved the IRL rainforest)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
Been looking forward to this for a while now, the art style really works for me even though I have yet to play any other Amanita games. Will pick this up!
^_^

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »
Kooky is quite good, yes. Machinarium and Samarost2 as well.

Bebpo

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:25:39 PM »
Fingers crossed this is as good as Machinarium/Samarost.

Bebpo

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
It's kind of crazy how this game comes out today on Steam/GOG for $10 and then at the same time you can buy it for $5 w/steam codes + other games from the bundle.  Makes absolutely zero business sense and totally screws GOG over, but hey, $5 is $5.

Timber

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
Yup, it's the greatest game of all time.
w/e

Himu

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »

STAG BEETLE.....
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 04:57:56 PM »
It's kind of crazy how this game comes out today on Steam/GOG for $10 and then at the same time you can buy it for $5 w/steam codes + other games from the bundle.  Makes absolutely zero business sense and totally screws GOG over, but hey, $5 is $5.

It's not even on Steam yet for reals, so everyone that was waiting for a Steam release just goes "Oh hey, I'll just buy this bundle for $5" and everyone that pre-orders it on GOG is like "WTF?" and it makes GOG look bad. Seems like kind of a dick move on the dev's part; apparently GOG had no idea they were going to pull this, and now they're scrambling to try to try to make it right to their customers.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/release_botanicula/page1
©@©™

Timber

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 04:11:55 PM »
PLAYED SOME MORE

It's easier than Machinarium, more along the lines of Samorost, an adventure game without adventure game bullshit. That's about as much as I can say about this game without dissolving into a cloud of pixie dust.
w/e