Author Topic: Phantasy Star Universe is the WORST GAME EVER MADE  (Read 965 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Phantasy Star Universe is the WORST GAME EVER MADE
« on: January 06, 2007, 06:08:44 PM »
there is NOTHING good about PSU. NOTHING. 9/11 was more entertaining than this crap.

duc

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
Re: Phantasy Star Universe is the WORST GAME EVER MADE
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »

Roland

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 06:11:04 PM »
I was thinking about picking this up considering the obscene amount of time I spent with PSO.  Before I did, I replayed it on the old DC.
Fucking terrible. Boring as Hell. How did I ever think it was good?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 06:12:06 PM »
no, PSU is worse. I can burst into TVC's office and say SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG DUDE and there will be lols or at least a wry facsimile thereof. If I say PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE he will slit his wrists and spray me with his alcohol-reeking blood.
duc

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »
Yeah, PSU is pretty awful.  I can see that PSO fans might be willing to overlook its grocery list of awful things and enjoy the pure nostalgia from the largely-unchanged gameplay, but I think they'll tire quickly once they realize just how little content there really is, and how aggravating it is that Sega is breadcrumbing locked content already ont he disks in an effort to keep people subscribed for more than 2 weeks.  The loot sucks.  Crafting is never fun.  The dungeons and content isn't there.  The same ol' core gameplay of the first, along with a pretty crappy skill system, is there, but Sega has failed to realize that what was good like 5 years ago isn't really near acceptable today.

Bomba, total.  Wasted opportunity total.  What the fuck took this game so long in development?  It doesn't even have particularly good netcode when compared to its XBL brethren.  Sega sucks shit!  The Sega I loved is DEAD.
serge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 06:29:10 PM »
Robby and I were addicted to the beta, then we were like "uh... we're gonna pay $10 a month for this..."

So I rented it and got the 1000 and ditched it
fat