Author Topic: Roswell Really Happened, Says Former CIA Agent  (Read 2758 times)

Mollys Fruity Loops

Roswell Really Happened, Says Former CIA Agent
« on: July 12, 2012, 02:36:37 PM »
TIME: Roswell Really Happened, Says Former CIA Agent 2012/07/11

A 35-year agency veteran says he knows what went down in the New Mexico desert 65 years ago — and coincidentally has a new book to promote.

What happened at Roswell 65 years ago? It may be a conspiracy theorist’s greatest mystery. Now, one former CIA agent says he has information that could solve it.

On July 8, 1947, most reports agree, something landed in Roswell, N.M. At first the government said the object was a “flying disk,” but it quickly changed its story the next day to a “weather balloon.” For a few years, people bought that answer, but eventually some started asking questions. Some people say it was Stalin sending a message to the U.S. as the Cold War kicked off in earnest. Others say Roswell was the first contact between human beings and extraterrestrials. Still others maintain that it really was just a weather balloon. Now ex–CIA agent Chase Brandon says he knows what really happened.

“It was not a damn weather balloon,” Brandon told the Huffington Post. “It was a craft that clearly did not come from this planet.” The 35-year agency veteran was a covert agent involved in international terrorism, counterinsurgency, global narcotics trafficking and weapons smuggling, and spent 10 years as the agency’s first entertainment and publication industries liaison.

Sometime near the end of his service, while he was the entertainment liaison, Brandon walked into the CIA headquarters in Langley, Va., and found something he did not expect in a restricted section of old documents called the Historical Intelligence Collection.

One of the boxes had a single word written on it: Roswell. “I took the box down, lifted the lid up, rummaged around inside it, put the box back on the shelf, and said, ‘My God, it really happened!’” Brandon recounted.

The former agent reported seeing some “written material and some photographs” but will not reveal what else he saw. “But it absolutely, for me, was the single validating moment that everything I had believed"...

FULL TEXT & VIDEO http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/11/roswell-really-happened-says-former-cia-agent/?hpt=hp_t2#ixzz20R0Wiyju

RESIS

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: Roswell Really Happened, Says Former CIA Agent
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:37:32 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it on the front page of reddit.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 02:44:16 PM »
Quote from: TIME

A 35-year agency veteran says he knows what went down in the New Mexico desert 65 years ago — and coincidentally has a new book to promote.

LOL.

The thing I don't get about Roswell is that if there really was an alien, why would they keep it a secret?  You can hide the technology to make sure other nations don't get a hold of it and there's no reason to keep news that another being from space came to the planet hidden from 99.99% of the population.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:49:00 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
One of the boxes had a single word written on it: Roswell. “I took the box down, lifted the lid up, rummaged around inside it, put the box back on the shelf, and said, ‘My God, it really happened!’” Brandon recounted.

They probably put that box there to mess with the new guys. There's probably another one that says "JFK Assassination" and has a picture of Nixon and George HW Bush on the Grassy Knoll in it.
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »

LOL.

The thing I don't get about Roswell is that if there really was an alien, why would they keep it a secret?  You can hide the technology to make sure other nations don't get a hold of it and there's no reason to keep news that another being from space came to the planet hidden from 99.99% of the population.

It would destroy religion.
©ZH

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »

LOL.

Religion would find a way to adapt.

It always does...

Hell, even my dad told me a couple of years ago that if an alien spaceship were to land in our backyard he would still believe in Christianity.  :-\

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »
If he's not even providing docs or anything what the fuck will be beyond the first chapter?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »

LOL.

No it wouldn't.  Any number of obvious facts should have "destroyed religion" but people still believe in the man in the clouds and the evil dude under the Earth's crust.
ど助平

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »

LOL.

What if the aliens believe in some form of God?
MMA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »
i always just figured we'd be too boring for any beings capable of creating intergalactic spaceships to even bother coming here
sup

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 07:57:44 PM »
Speak for yourself.  Today I harpooned cantaloupe with a carrot.  Aliens would adore me. 

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 08:07:30 PM »
i always just figured we'd be too boring for any beings capable of creating intergalactic spaceships to even bother coming here

With all the shit our species gets into, we're really anything BUT boring.
WDW

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 09:37:40 PM »
More like we're perfect trolling material. Aliens are up there right now laughing at us freak out over crop cycles and flying discs in the sky.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 01:47:16 AM »

LOL.

Religion would find a way to adapt.

It always does...

Hell, even my dad told me a couple of years ago that if an alien spaceship were to land in our backyard he would still believe in Christianity.  :-\

JUST LIKE THAT PROMETHEUS MOVIE.