Author Topic: Cruncheons 32: Ouya, Steam, Gungnir, Endless Space, Walking Dead, Cthulhu  (Read 5652 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/zqyr8/Cruncheons32.mp3

Doug's in a dream state, Arian's on the Steam train, Kevin's feeling first world guilt, and Robert's calling in from a radio station circa 1937 in our 32nd episode!

The Ouya console, and The Cruncheons Kickstarter

(54:04) The Steam Summer Sale

(1:14:00) Gungnir and Unchained Blades

(1:23:30) Endless Space

(1:33:45) Walking Dead

(1:35:30) Cthulhu Saves the World

We'll talk to you again soon!
sup

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Sweet

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
OH-YEAH
dog

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Nice, endless space talk!
o_0

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
:rock been waiting for this. Was hoping it would have the epic diablo 3 rant in audio form though.

not on itunes yet grr

edit: found it downcast!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:10:44 AM by pilonv1 »
itm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Will fap listen to this tomorrow.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I wonder what Robert thinks about farming lv 63 items now that there's an exploit that will allow you to figure out what they are without id'ing them, thus rendering them essentially worthless in un id'd form.
yar

pilonv1

:rofl @ the Randy Savage bit
itm

fart

WHATEVS

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
The last episode was so enjoyable, I listened to it 4 times. It's great to listen to while mowing the lawn.
©ZH

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
downloading

magus

• LIKES FF7
can i get a quickie about what was said on gungnir and unchained blades? i'm not downloading the whole thing just for 9 minutes
<----

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
can i get a quickie about what was said on gungnir and unchained blades? i'm not downloading the whole thing just for 9 minutes

That they were less offensive than being raped by Hitler.
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I listened to this today while at work.

I think the Ouya kickstarter got to be so popular because it combined the nostalgia factor that you guys talked about but it also has indie cred that Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo will never have.  The nostalgia aspect is important because in this economy, there are probably a lot of poor, broke nerds who pine for the days of yesteryear when the biggest problem they had was getting their homework done so they can go back and play Halo, Mario, or whatever.  The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 remind them that they need pay bills and shit.

Also, I went insane with the Steam sales.  I probably have enough of a backlog for the next two years!
🍆🍆

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
That may be the perception, but let's get real. The indie support on this will be trash compared to XBLA/PSN. I see people online porting begging indie people like Mojang and Team Meat and they're all kinda like "Uh yeah, maybe. We'll look into it."
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
That may be the perception, but let's get real. The indie support on this will be trash compared to XBLA/PSN. I see people online porting begging indie people like Mojang and Team Meat and they're all kinda like "Uh yeah, maybe. We'll look into it."

Yes but the Ouya, like most other kickstarter gaming efforts, is a boondoggle at best.  There will be huge nerd uprisings in the next year or two once these games materialize or fail to materialize.  The smartest thing to do is to take the money and run.
🍆🍆

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

Prole is like you, he hates everything about the game but loves the underlying NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS

So you're both self-hating TWATS
fat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
meh, never mind
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:50:47 PM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

pilonv1

I saw it!
itm

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Haven't listened in a while, but Ill tune in this week.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
The "I want my childhood back" analysis was spot on.

Struggled with that game wise for a while too, I really wanted to like some games that I just don't like anymore as if that would bring back that feel of yore, but I realized thats just impossible and now I enjoy games again.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:45:22 AM by Premium Lager »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
I want you guys to cover shit like this on the new podcast.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483886