Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| THE DARKEST TIMELINE  (Read 2301948 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| THE DARKEST TIMELINE
« Reply #23280 on: November 12, 2016, 07:36:35 AM »
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #23282 on: November 12, 2016, 08:27:05 AM »

Of course, I assume we'll start counting Trump's "vacation" days and golf outings. Since you know, Presidents can't telecommute in this day and age. Instead they should be chained to the desk in the Oval Office. (A desk, we should note, still doesn't have a computer on it.)

I heard you can install mail servers in your house.

:dead
MMA

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23283 on: November 12, 2016, 09:07:36 AM »
Not mentioned but Sarah Palin may be under consideration for the Interior Secretary :dead
ὕβρις

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #23284 on: November 12, 2016, 09:11:50 AM »
Man, wish I were dumb for having stanned for Nate Silver, rather than dumb for stanning for Hillary.

Also lol I bet against racism I'm a fucking idiot.  :yeshrug

So the Iran deal on the chopping block or what?  IIRC it's fairly easy for the US to unilaterally scuttle it just by declaring Iran in breach.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23285 on: November 12, 2016, 09:23:04 AM »
So the Iran deal on the chopping block or what?  IIRC it's fairly easy for the US to unilaterally scuttle it just by declaring Iran in breach.

Considering how hard Trump and the rest of the GOP railed against it, I wouldn't be surprised if they killed it at as soon as possible. So, get ready for another ground war in the Middle East.
dog

zepblackstar

« Reply #23286 on: November 12, 2016, 10:04:40 AM »
Iran Deal Dead

Israel/Palestine is going to be hands off

The support to Rebels in Syria cut off, which I agree with because at this point we are funding al-qaeda types and isis hanger ons

agrajag

« Reply #23287 on: November 12, 2016, 11:32:27 AM »
Man, wish I were dumb for having stanned for Nate Silver, rather than dumb for stanning for Hillary.

But you're not as dumb as the Trump voters who are going to take Ls repeatedly for the next four years. Ah, who the fuck am I kidding, we're all going to take a giant L for the next four years.

Freyj

« Reply #23288 on: November 12, 2016, 11:53:51 AM »
It doesn't seem like that would be hard to do, Obama and Bush always seemed to be off somewhere, giving speeches to rallies and stuff.

Of course, I assume we'll start counting Trump's "vacation" days and golf outings. Since you know, Presidents can't telecommute in this day and age. Instead they should be chained to the desk in the Oval Office. (A desk, we should note, still doesn't have a computer on it.)

The harder thing will be if he can't tweet. Like when they tried to take away Obama's Blackberry.

The rallies thing is the more telling. He doesn't want the journey to be over and the jury's out on his enjoyment of the destination.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
He'd still get big crowds of white folk in the rust belt in 2-3 years after little to no growth because "look at the long lasting damage that other guy did" is the surest bet on the planet.
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23289 on: November 12, 2016, 12:01:46 PM »
One thing I wonder about, and I guess some analysis will ultimately be made about it, is how many Never-Trumpers there really were in the end. I mean they exist and were spearheaded by the two living conservative Presidents (and the last nominee) and there was clearly a protest vote in Utah (special case I know) shaving over 20 points. I'm curious because Trump did roughly the same vote tally overall than Romney ("So nothing is changed ! Clinton lost by a razor margin !")... which means some people came forward to negate those losses.
ὕβρις

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #23290 on: November 12, 2016, 12:22:47 PM »

Tell me again how Hillary was a great candidate, Mandark.

TELL ME.

Obvs I thought she was going to win comfortably as well. But I never LIKED her as a candidate, and she never gave anyone a real legit case for her candidacy other than "I'm the adult in the room," and Americans are stupid and awful.
[close]
yar

Himu

« Reply #23291 on: November 12, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »
Let's cut mandark some slack. she was our only fucking option. I grit my teeth in the early days but I gladly put down HRC on my ballot. That said, I can now understand why she lost. She never ever got me excited about her actual campaign, just the promise that she wasn't Trump. What an awful candidate. I wrote that she deserved the presidency the day of the election but I was still in shock.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #23292 on: November 12, 2016, 12:38:37 PM »

I'm mostly joking.

At the same time, Mandark went out of his way to make a lot of excuses for Hillary.

But, meh. We're all in the same shitstorm now, and we're gonna need all the allies we can get to not have America turn into a Mad Max movie.
yar

Himu

« Reply #23293 on: November 12, 2016, 12:43:39 PM »
Being fair, a lot of people made excuses for Hillary.

The main thing we should all agree on is that her campaign sucked and ended up fucking us. This is important as democrats restructure. But you've got people who are going crazy about the electoral college without blaming Hillary for not playing to her strengths and going after key states that grant guaranteed EC votes instead of flipping states. We need to come together and admit that Hillary sucked and that we need restructuring. Pointing fingers and blaming the EC will not win us 2018 or 2020.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #23294 on: November 12, 2016, 01:10:31 PM »
This election is just such a giant :mindblown

Yes, Hillary was a flawed candidate. I said so much myself, as did many others. Nevertheless, that Trump would win was inconceivable. We were living in a massive delusion bubble. I smirked to myself that all Clinton would have to do at the debates is say "I'm not Donald Trump" followed by a mic drop and walking off stage. Clearly I was dead-wrong. Trump resonated with a very large segment of the US population and to simply write it all off due to racism would be dooming yourself to repeat the same loss after loss.

But still. It's just such a giant mindfuck that we ended up being the dummies and Rudy Giuliani, Kellyanne Conway, Sean Hannity, and Bill Mitchell were the smart ones.  :heh :ufup :fbm

Himu

« Reply #23295 on: November 12, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »
They weren't the smart ones. Their dart just landed on the target that day.

Michael Moore. I've always liked him and I'm really liking what he's doing now. He has my full support.

My problem are democrats protesting this election result. It's fine to protest Trump himself, but he won fair and square. Asking electors to change to Clinton makes us look like loons. Accept that she fucked us all.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #23296 on: November 12, 2016, 01:22:25 PM »
First John Edwards, now Hillary. Mandark is now 0-2 on white candidates  :doge

daemon

« Reply #23297 on: November 12, 2016, 01:23:27 PM »
At the end of the day, it can be summed as:

Democrat party voters wanted everything. All the social issues catered, refugees welcome, etc. Anything that was a negative would be met with insults and disdain. They ended up filling the bag so much it gave in. Then there's the whole: is there any need to pretend you care about refugees (and pretend refugees) of war? Because I don't see any protest at every Apple announcement (unless it's the need of an additional device to commute usb ports). Do people care about the FoxConn workers that commit suicide IN the workplace (not anymore, because they put restrictions to avoid them from killing themselves in the shift. They quite probably kill themselves elsewhere), or about every lithium battery that needs cobalt from african kids on improvised mines for 2$ a day worth of work?

Why should people care that much about the refugees and illegal immigrants, when the population isn't responsible for them, unlike the products they directly buy? Don't ask people to endorse every single goodwill gesture you come up with. You can't ask for everything. This election proved that much.

Himu

« Reply #23298 on: November 12, 2016, 01:25:54 PM »

Democrat party voters wanted everything. All the social issues catered, refugees welcome, etc. Anything that was a negative would be met with insults and disdain. They ended up filling the bag so much it gave in. Then there's the whole: is there any need to pretend you care about refugees of war? Because I don't see any protest at every Apple announcement (unless it's the need of an additional device to commute usb ports). Do people care about the FoxConn workers that commit suicide IN the workplace (not anymore, because they put restrictions to avoid them from killing themselves in the shift. They quite probably kill themselves elsewhere), or about every lithium battery that needs cobalt from african kids on improvised mines for 2$ a day worth of work?

Why should people care that much about the refugees and illegal immigrants, when the population isn't responsible for them, unlike the products they directly buy? Don't ask people to endorse every single goodwill gesture you come up with. You can't ask for everything. This election proved that much.

exactly why i haven't bought a new phone in years. still have my 5s.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:30:14 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

daemon

« Reply #23299 on: November 12, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »

Democrat party voters wanted everything. All the social issues catered, refugees welcome, etc. Anything that was a negative would be met with insults and disdain. They ended up filling the bag so much it gave in. Then there's the whole: is there any need to pretend you care about refugees of war? Because I don't see any protest at every Apple announcement (unless it's the need of an additional device to commute usb ports). Do people care about the FoxConn workers that commit suicide IN the workplace (not anymore, because they put restrictions to avoid them from killing themselves in the shift. They quite probably kill themselves elsewhere), or about every lithium battery that needs cobalt from african kids on improvised mines for 2$ a day worth of work?

exactly why i haven't bought a new phone in years. still have my trusty 5s.

It sadly still uses cobalt mined by kids on improvised mines below their own houses. That's why I never bring up a moral compass to a conversation, it's too subjective to actually say that one problem is of more importance than the other. Props to you for your decision though. We can all tell that the margins of profit are for the company only. These products could be crafted on places with working rights like the US and make a profit. They just want bigger margins, and no one is stopping them from not doing it.

agrajag

« Reply #23300 on: November 12, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »

Michael Moore. I've always liked him and I'm really liking what he's doing now. He has my full support.

My problem are democrats protesting this election result. It's fine to protest Trump himself, but he won fair and square. Asking electors to change to Clinton makes us look like loons. Accept that she fucked us all.

I kind of think that Michael Moore is just an opportunist.

Himu

« Reply #23301 on: November 12, 2016, 01:31:11 PM »

exactly why i haven't bought a new phone in years. still have my trusty 5s.

It sadly still uses lithium mined by kids on improvised mines below their own houses. That's why I never bring up a moral compass to a conversation, it's too subjective to actually say that one problem is of more importance than the other. Props to you for your decision though. We can all tell that the margins of profit are for the company only. These products could be crafted on places with working rights like the US and make a profit. They just want bigger margins, and no one is stopping them from not doing it.

But you have to understand that people are blind to that kind of capitalism or how they contribute to it. it's the same reason people will worry about global warming and climate change but not give up meat and make fun of vegans/vegetarians. people are blind to what doesn't effect them in a way that is readily visible. they can afford to buy a new iphone every year because they don't see those african kids. same reason we can vote for hillary even though we know she'll enact anti-terrorist initiatives that kill innocent arabs with drone strikes.

it's part of being human. that is the lesson of this election. take it or leave it. we live in a world and universe where all of our actions are all encompassing and affect someone else. karma is real.  :-\
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #23302 on: November 12, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »

i'm not sure. he's been consistent over his career and i highly respect his work even if he stretches truths. the fact he's going to start managing anti-trump protests makes me think he's legit. the guy went out of his way to help fund a critic of his healthcare bills. I can't hate him.
IYKYK

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #23303 on: November 12, 2016, 01:38:25 PM »

What?  Are you at all familiar with Michael Moore's history? (I don't mean that as an insult, just a real question lots of people aren't aware of his career pre Bowling for Columbine).  These are the same things he's been saying since before even Roger and Me really put him on the map, and he has all the rust belt bonafides (born in flint to a union family) he needs to be saying what he's saying.
vin

Himu

« Reply #23304 on: November 12, 2016, 01:39:47 PM »
we need more michael moore's. dude is a champ.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #23305 on: November 12, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
Michael Moore's net worth is 50 million.

I'm just asking questions, guys!

:letsfukk
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #23306 on: November 12, 2016, 01:46:58 PM »
Looks like Trump is walking back his promise to annul the Iran nuclear deal now? Is he going to abandon all his campaign promises before even taking office?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #23307 on: November 12, 2016, 02:36:43 PM »
Has The Walrus posted in here since Election Day?

Himu

« Reply #23308 on: November 12, 2016, 02:36:44 PM »
uhhh do you want 80's/90's anime or just anime with a similar art style?

start with yamato 2199 for a recent one. Lupin III: Fujiko Mine is also a great pick. It looks like a spiritual successor to Cowboy Bebop in terms of aesthetic and direction.
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #23309 on: November 12, 2016, 02:39:09 PM »
Go watch Gandahar

Himu

« Reply #23310 on: November 12, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »
:doge those both look kinda bad...

I guess I'm looking for an anime made in the 80s and 90s. Probably 90s.

They're both fairly good titles. Yamato 2199 is the best anime of the 10's that I've seen.

I don't know your taste in 90's anime but the style you're looking for can be found in films like Perfect Blue and Memories. For tv, check out Record of the Lodoss War, Crest of the Stars, Master Keaton, Now and Then Here and There, Lain, Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Also anything Patlabor.

If you haven't seen LOGH, add that to the list. It's from the 80's.

Although not from the 80's or 90's, Twelve Kingdoms (Juuni Kooki) and Moribito have the style and content you're looking for as well. Look into Wolf's Rain too.

Bringing up anime in a politics thread is really weird btw.
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23311 on: November 12, 2016, 02:53:16 PM »
Has The Walrus posted in here since Election Day?
He skipped out a while ago, he never even saw his forever published fame I uncovered. :(

zepblackstar

« Reply #23312 on: November 12, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »
Not lying but this video throwing the media's words back at them is hysterical. Time to troll twitter.

agrajag

« Reply #23313 on: November 12, 2016, 03:36:34 PM »
Fuck the media. They helped create the orange monster in the first place. Then when they realized that he might actually win, they tried to destroy him. When they decided they dragged him enough they went back to dragging Clinton to make a better horserace narrative. :doge

zepblackstar

« Reply #23314 on: November 12, 2016, 03:38:17 PM »
Fuck the media. They helped create the orange monster in the first place. Then when they realized that he might actually win, they tried to destroy him. When they decided they dragged him enough they went back to dragging Clinton to make a better horserace narrative. :doge

Problem with trying to destroy him is what he wanted and worked for him in the long run. They went so over the top that everything else seemed like hyperbole after a while.

Hillary had built in distrust for decades now she couldn't overcome and paid for it.

agrajag

« Reply #23315 on: November 12, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »

Problem with trying to destroy him is what he wanted and worked for him in the long run. They went so over the top that everything else seemed like hyperbole after a while.

Hillary had built in distrust for decades now she couldn't overcome and paid for it.

Exactly, people started tuning out all the dirt on trump as white noise.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23316 on: November 12, 2016, 03:55:34 PM »

Exactly, people started tuning out all the dirt on trump as white noise.

Hillary and associates were pretty okay with Media attacking Trump with hyperbole. Trump has showed this past days  that him attacking the media and saying it was rigged was a long term plan outside Trump TV as it seems to be as clueless as most us. 

Himu

« Reply #23317 on: November 12, 2016, 03:58:43 PM »
throwing the media's words back at them is hysterical

it's not really the media's words tho... :doge

everyone thought wouldn't he get the nomination, or get elected president

all these videos that are omg the media is so dumb... it wasn't just the media so singling them out seems kinda stupid :doge it was pretty much all of us

You'll have to speak for yourself here. But I chalk it up to the fact you're not American.

It was plainly obvious Trump was the front runner before even the first republican debate. People tuned in specifically with the intent to see what Trump was going to do. During the actual debate pretty much everything revolved around Trump. He was treated like a celebrity to the media and not taken seriously despite the fact the very first thing he put forth as a candidate were very serious things like building an wall or making a list of all Muslims. Anyone who was of color took him seriously immediately. During debates other GOP candidates were on the defensive and had to compare their policies to that of Trump. He was obviously the one given the biggest platform and the one who also knew how to take advantage of it. Trump also represented a shift in American politics in that he was not a part of the establishment, along with Sanders, in a time when American people were sick and tired of the status quo.

The rise of Trump can be blamed on the media not taking people of colors worries seriously. The fact that most of the media is white doesn't help matters. I know for a fact that Donald Trump's claims terrified me and other non whites I know from the very beginning. Instead, he was made into a meme by cacs with Make _____ Great Again. Solidying that the concerns of non whites is not represented not counted not taken seriously in the media or by the bulk of the white American electorate. It also represents the media's lack of respect for the opinion of Sanders supporters. We knew he was going to be the candidate because it a was new start in American politics in a time when American's wanted an outsider.

The bubble comes up again and again.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:04:43 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #23318 on: November 12, 2016, 04:31:10 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/clintons-popular-vote-lead-will-grow-and-grow/507455/

Most were cast in the Clinton-leaning states of California, Washington, and New York—not swing states—so they won’t change the Electoral College. But there’s a sufficient amount to put her within striking distance of Obama’s 2012 turnout, and help put an end to the argument that she simply didn’t work hard enough.

“We probably have about 7 million votes left to count,” said David Wasserman, an editor at Cook Political Report who is tracking turnout. “A majority of them are on the coasts, in New York, California, and Washington. She should be able to win those votes, probably 2-1.” By mid-December, when the Electoral College officially casts its ballots, Wasserman estimates that Clinton could be ahead by 2 percentage points in the popular vote.

crazy

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #23319 on: November 12, 2016, 04:57:54 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/clintons-popular-vote-lead-will-grow-and-grow/507455/

Most were cast in the Clinton-leaning states of California, Washington, and New York—not swing states—so they won’t change the Electoral College. But there’s a sufficient amount to put her within striking distance of Obama’s 2012 turnout, and help put an end to the argument that she simply didn’t work hard enough.

“We probably have about 7 million votes left to count,” said David Wasserman, an editor at Cook Political Report who is tracking turnout. “A majority of them are on the coasts, in New York, California, and Washington. She should be able to win those votes, probably 2-1.” By mid-December, when the Electoral College officially casts its ballots, Wasserman estimates that Clinton could be ahead by 2 percentage points in the popular vote.

crazy
She and her team are such fucking idiots.
Hi

benjipwns

« Reply #23320 on: November 12, 2016, 04:59:19 PM »
She and her team are such fucking idiots.
WRONG
help put an end to the argument that she simply didn’t work hard enough.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #23321 on: November 12, 2016, 05:07:04 PM »
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/michael-moore-joins-wide-ranging-election-talk-806604867876

Michael Moore breaks down why Clinton lost the Rust Belt on Morning Joe yesterday morning and they let it run for 45 minutes without commercials.

Pro-click as fuck.

benjipwns

« Reply #23322 on: November 12, 2016, 06:59:26 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democrats-latino-turnout_us_5826579ee4b060adb56e8fbd
On Sept. 5, 2014, Democratic National Committee leaders received a proposal for a plan to boost the Hispanic voter turnout rate using direct mail, phone calls, radio ads and news media appearances. The plan urged that the party focus on Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico and Texas. The cost: $3 million.

“While a strong Democratic allegiance is good for the Party, less than half of eligible Hispanics cast a ballot in 2012,” the proposal reads. “The challenge is not persuading Latinos to vote for Democrats ― our challenge in 2014 is TURNOUT.” [Emphasis in the original.]

The plan was ultimately nixed.

The author of the proposal, then-DNC Hispanic Engagement Director Albert Morales, stayed at the committee until 2016, trying to cobble together a budget to build a robust Latino engagement effort. While Democrats publicly gloated about the country’s changing demographics, Morales worried his party wouldn’t capitalize on the shift. The Republican National Committee, despite later selecting Donald Trump as its presidential nominee, was devoting significant resources to Hispanic outreach, including permanent Hispanic staff in 10 states.

“I just asked for what I needed,” Morales told HuffPost. “I ended up getting closer to $300,000 and it all went to radio. … It was just pitiful.”
Both Morales and Pablo Manriquez, who worked for a year and a half as the DNC’s Hispanic media director, described an atmosphere in which their pleas to invest in Latino engagement often were met with disinterest. Manriquez said he at times paid his own bus fare and slept on friends’ sofas to meet with Hispanic television and news executives in New York.

“There was only one other Hispanic in the entire third floor,” Manriquez said of his time at the DNC. “And when I did see one I had to speak to them in Spanish so people wouldn’t try to undercut us from doing our job.”

Both Morales and Manriquez left the DNC during the presidential campaign, leaving the committee for weeks without a Spanish speaker on its media staff.
With just two months remaining before Election Day, however, Clinton had for the most part neglected Spanish-language television ads in Florida.
Battleground Texas, the political action committee founded in 2013 with the goal of turning the state purple, pulled in $3.4 million in the 2014 cycle to support Wendy Davis’s unsuccessful gubernatorial candidacy, according to data published by Open Secrets. This year, Battleground Texas raised just $324,000.
I hope these special snowflakes are happy they stabbed Hillary and Obama in the back and ushered in the Fourth Reich just because they didn't get coddled and wrapped in attention. As if that's a legitimate reason not to do your duty for The Party and elect the only person qualified enough to ever deserve the Presidency.

benjipwns

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| What a nasty woman!
« Reply #23323 on: November 12, 2016, 07:08:44 PM »
Wait, no.

Nominate Ted Cruz!

Of course, the downside is when the Senate votes 99-0 just to get Cruz out of it. :doge
what have i done
On Friday morning, [Lindsey Graham] recommended that President-elect Trump nominate Cruz to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"I would put Ted Cruz on that list. I would suggest that President Trump look within the Senate," Graham said when asked who Trump should nominate for the court's current vacancy. "There is some talent there. There is no stronger constitutional conservative than Ted Cruz."
what have i donnnnneeeee

benjipwns

« Reply #23324 on: November 12, 2016, 07:10:25 PM »
South Carolina's senior senator also expressed hope that Trump would increase the size of the military, saying it is "insane" that the U.S. armed forces are at their smallest level since World War II.

"As long as there's one Marine with a rifle, the country will be safe. Looking at our budget, we might be down to one Marine," Graham joked while addressing a crowd of veterans, military families and hospital employees at the event.
and a bunch of PoliGAFers changed their avatar to this guy just because he voted for McMullin ::)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #23325 on: November 12, 2016, 07:12:47 PM »
South Carolina's senior senator also expressed hope that Trump would increase the size of the military, saying it is "insane" that the U.S. armed forces are at their smallest level since World War II.

"As long as there's one Marine with a rifle, the country will be safe. Looking at our budget, we might be down to one Marine," Graham joked while addressing a crowd of veterans, military families and hospital employees at the event.
and a bunch of PoliGAFers changed their avatar to this guy just because he voted for McMullin ::)

So you didn't want a woman to be president, now you don't want a gay man to be used as an avatar on an internet forum? Gross.

benjipwns

« Reply #23326 on: November 12, 2016, 07:25:36 PM »
sorry but he just gives me the vapors i do declare

agrajag

« Reply #23327 on: November 12, 2016, 07:37:56 PM »

Sam Harris thinks she lost because of Muslims

zepblackstar

« Reply #23328 on: November 12, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »
theroot and blackamericaweb like DA FUCK?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-transition-team-begins-minority-outreach-with-a-new-deal-for-black-america/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=31089702

After months on the campaign trail of Donald Trump’s divisive rhetoric about black communities, the president-elect’s transition team is making its first efforts at minority outreach, pushing a “new deal” for African-Americans with a “plan for urban renewal.”

Surrogates for Trump’s team gave MediaTakeOut.com, which describes itself as “the most visited African American website in the world,” the 10-point plan, an outline of policies Trump first proposed at a North Carolina campaign rally in October.

:point

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #23329 on: November 12, 2016, 08:12:14 PM »

Sam Harris thinks she lost because of Muslims

I mean, that is his ax to grind.

And this is coming from someone who generally likes and agrees with him.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23330 on: November 12, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-transition-team-begins-minority-outreach-with-a-new-deal-for-black-america/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=31089702

After months on the campaign trail of Donald Trump’s divisive rhetoric about black communities, the president-elect’s transition team is making its first efforts at minority outreach, pushing a “new deal” for African-Americans with a “plan for urban renewal.”

Surrogates for Trump’s team gave MediaTakeOut.com, which describes itself as “the most visited African American website in the world,” the 10-point plan, an outline of policies Trump first proposed at a North Carolina campaign rally in October.

TheColi put on blast.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #23331 on: November 12, 2016, 08:52:51 PM »
HOLY SHIT
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #23332 on: November 12, 2016, 10:51:11 PM »

TheColi put on blast.

I think you mean WorldStarHipHop.

Also:

https://twitter.com/MartinMoberg/status/797501708024868865

what do you guys think of all this talk about "normalizing" Trump?
NO

zepblackstar

« Reply #23333 on: November 12, 2016, 10:58:43 PM »
Doesn't matter to Trump or his supporters, he said it. He isn't taking it back or shown any signs of even going with a faux apology. The only ones saying it are the ones who went after him in the first place.

He don't care.

Oblivion

« Reply #23334 on: November 12, 2016, 11:23:03 PM »
There seems to be two types of Trump voters that I've encountered on my Facebook feed:

- Those that supported Trump because they think he will do what he said he'll do.
- Those that supported Trump because they think he won't do what he said he'll do.

:doge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23335 on: November 13, 2016, 03:08:03 AM »

i'm not sure. he's been consistent over his career and i highly respect his work even if he stretches truths. the fact he's going to start managing anti-trump protests makes me think he's legit. the guy went out of his way to help fund a critic of his healthcare bills. I can't hate him.

Homie michael moore is bill maher without an hbo contract, how is this even possible? Remember when you said you were buying azalea banks record during furgeson? don't get swindled again please

Himu

« Reply #23336 on: November 13, 2016, 03:11:56 AM »
Is Michael Moore anti-Muslim? Not that I know of. I never did buy that album. I listened to one of her songs and it sucked.
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23337 on: November 13, 2016, 03:50:21 AM »
what do you guys think of all this talk about "normalizing" Trump?

It's amazing, because living in France, the US is currently remaking everything -with more money (and shallower writing, you dumb Yankees)- we are going through for 15 years, right down to the word for it (Normalization). I think it's less relevant for the USA because how you approach freedom of speech (Europe shunned more heavily what is considered extreme far right speech, arguably didn't work better) and of the strict bipartism setup : "Normalization" in Europe refers to traditional conservatives (or even center left) reaching / pandering to far right voters using dogwhistling or adopting some of the measures and rhetoric (on immigration, relation with Muslim citizens, law and order and economic protectionism). By that measure, it's already too late in the USA because the GOP has already corralled in and been taken over by the evangelists, the Tea Partiers and the White resentment vote. Republicans playing up to the Birther controversy 8 years ago was a clear sign of where things were headed.

In Europe, due to multipartism, the far right is often its own party. If this party is in position to make some good gains in an election, often comes up the question of the "legitimate" right and left wing party making an alliance to keep them out. The problem with this, of course, is that it feeds directly into the far right narrative that those parties are one and the same establishment, that their ideological differences are irrelevant and obsolete. This solution is losing steam at every election cycle because it's really a band aid to a systemic problem and the "legitimate" right wing parties (or to be precise : some of their elected officials) feel they are played for dunces by the left. They'd rather be elected on their platform with the people on their right than to pull out to help elect people from the other side of the aisle.

At last, keep in mind that in Europe far right parties are associated with the very real experience of the fascist and proto fascist regimes that were in power during WW2, and it is a significant stigma for them (that is fading away as the memories of the war are drifting into abstract history).

The two relevant questions for the USA and for the liberals are those :
- Should we even reach out to these voters ?
- Do some of their issues (economic protectionism, immigration policy, populism in general) have merit or are they poisonous by default and not even considered ? Are discussing those letting the far right set up the agenda of public talk ?

Myself, I've never been a fan of the "normalization" theory. You can't just leper 15%-20%-25% of the voters and pretend they are not there. You can't wish away that immigration and border control* is and will be a major debate. You can't just ignore and hope that some of the fears of the citizenry will pass naturally. It also stifles debate by casting suspicions constantly on legitimate political discussions and leaving to the far right the monopoly on some ideas (If you're a center left politician and you adress patriotism or law and order talk a little too enthusiastically, be prepared to defend yourself. Same if you're not on board with the global economy and Europe as it stands.).

But then again I'm not optimistic. Neither strategy seems to work, pandering to the far right is a sure fire way to let the inmates run the asylum. There's only so much cunning political moves you can make around the reality that those opinions are shared by a considerable number of your citizens. I fear people will only be disabused by seeing for themselves how bad those fuckers will be in office, but I'm not eager of that happening either because I'm fairly confident it will mean social violence, violence violence and the economy down the tank.

* Something which the EU itself is doing abundantly.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 06:20:07 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #23338 on: November 13, 2016, 04:11:08 AM »
Not lying but this video throwing the media's words back at them is hysterical. Time to troll twitter.

Another one:

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #23339 on: November 13, 2016, 05:06:57 AM »
Yeah yea alt right feggits are fascism with memes, we know.
Hi