Author Topic: We got some people with UK knowledge here, right?  (Read 33657 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: We got some people with UK knowledge here, right?
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2013, 02:27:15 PM »
Best of luck banging that hot teen
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2013, 03:07:31 PM »
Just a small anecdote, not entirely relevant but you may want to heed it - my friend went to Italy on a trip with a girl who was a friend of an ex.. he claimed he wasn't at all interested in her and she wasn't his type (which I can see - he is Jewish and goes for petite brunette Jewish girls, she is an Indian from Trinidad)... they shared a room at a hotel together to split costs... don't know the exact details of what happened but safe to say, they don't talk anymore. And at this point, neither of them were in a relationship...

I mean, definitely go to the UK by all means (I fucking LOVED when I got to go to London), though you're better off going by yourself at this point!

I stayed at a BnB in the Hamptons (lame LI Hamptons not Wolverhampton or any of the UK hampton places, lol) and it was pretty cool. Spent the night out there for new years.. not sure if it's like how a UK BnB is - was run by an older lady who fed us breakfast in the morning, and there was one other couple staying there - so the 5 of us socialized over breakfast. The room and bed were kinda small, and the bathroom was really tiny but still it was very cozy and (mostly) isolated. The LI hamptons are a big resort area in the summertime (lots of celebs have their houses out here) but absolutely DEAD in the winter which made things even more cozy.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:11:46 PM by tiesto »
^_^

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »
Dude, I just think staying in a dorm at 31 is weird. My response is before the whole teenage girl stuff started blowing up.

I also think staying at a hostel is weird, so go figure.
野球

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2013, 03:47:14 PM »
Dude... go to the UK and have fun.  Spend maybe 3-4 days in Belfast with your friend, but I have to agree with everyone else... if you're going to experience shit, be mobile and move around.  Coordinate with your friend and when SHE'S got downtime, have HER come to YOU, where you are out having fun and seeing cool shit. 

How the fuck doesn't that make sense?  I'm not even talking about the "going to the UK with someone else's 20 year old gf" thing, I'm just talking logistics... your plan sucks about a metric fuckton of dicks.  You're not dating this girl, don't have any romantic interest in her... if she has to be tethered to Belfast, that's something I'd call "her problem" while I'm out exploring the UK and having fun.  By all means set aside some time to hang with her, and like I said maybe coordinate so that she can easily get to you to see sites and shit like that... but tethering yourself to one location is the opposite of smart.  DON'T BE NOT SMART.

And yes, dorms are for people who are her age.  BE AN ADULT. 
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »
I think Treesong is one of the the only three or so friend I have out of hundreds who actually has a decent paying job.  Most my friends are unemployed, contract employees, or make min wage.

Maybe I'll look into BnBs, but honestly people scare me

???

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:P
[close]

Dude, I just think staying in a dorm at 31 is weird. My response is before the whole teenage girl stuff started blowing up.

Agreed. 

Dude... go to the UK and have fun.  Spend maybe 3-4 days in Belfast with your friend, but I have to agree with everyone else... if you're going to experience shit, be mobile and move around.  Coordinate with your friend and when SHE'S got downtime, have HER come to YOU, where you are out having fun and seeing cool shit. 

How the fuck doesn't that make sense?  I'm not even talking about the "going to the UK with someone else's 20 year old gf" thing, I'm just talking logistics... your plan sucks about a metric fuckton of dicks.  You're not dating this girl, don't have any romantic interest in her... if she has to be tethered to Belfast, that's something I'd call "her problem" while I'm out exploring the UK and having fun.  By all means set aside some time to hang with her, and like I said maybe coordinate so that she can easily get to you to see sites and shit like that... but tethering yourself to one location is the opposite of smart.  DON'T BE NOT SMART.

Yup.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »
Oh, my.

No.  No no no no no no no no no.

Don't do it.

Bebpo   :(

Really bad idea, man. Go to the UK, but don't go like this.

I feel like you're really trying hard to cling on to some lost sense of youth. You're in your early 30s, there is nothing wrong with that. Embrace it.

Too late.  Thanks Treesong for making everyone think the situation is totally different than it is.

Duuuude... I think you're missing the point.  Let's toss out the girl for a minute.

You're apparently a moderately financially successful human being, who wants to go to the UK to see cool shit... and to accomplish this you're going to hang out in dorms with shitty teenagers and people in their young twenties when you could apparently easily afford decent accommodations. 

THERE IS LITERALLY NO GOOD REASON FOR THAT.  Not even if you WERE dating/interested in this girl.  Her accommodation restrictions are HER problem.  Don't let HER problems become YOUR problems.  Ain't nobody got time for that!
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2013, 04:15:09 PM »
I ditched my mom and sister on vacation because they had plans that didn't interest me and were bogging down what I wanted to do on my vacation.  I certainly wouldn't do put up with it for a friend on a trip to Europe.  I'm not going to compromise my experience for anyone.  Vacations are expensive and I don't get that much goddamn free time in a year.  My $.02

Bebpo

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »
Like always, people give me the "You are a lawyer, you must have so much money, why be stingy?" thing.  Yet they have no idea what I make.  To put it in perspective, my friend who graduated with me and has been working for 2 and a half years as a lawyer started at 45k/yr.  He now makes 50k/yr.  I started a higher, but not significantly.  These days most Network Administrators make more money than Lawyers.  Or Web Developers.  Or even a good plumber.  Unless you're a big shot lawyer at a big shot firm, you aren't making six figures off the bat as a 30 year old.  It takes a decade of work experience before you hit those numbers for most.

I live fairly close to paycheck to paycheck.  Put away about $0-500 a month in savings depending on what I spend and that's being single with no dependents.  I'm not spending all this "extra money" I have lying around when I go on vacations.  This trip is probably going to cost anywhere from $6-8k (not to mention a half month+ of earnings that I lose at my job [no paid vacation at my job!]).  I'm spending the money I've saved up and would otherwise be investing with.  I haven't been on a vacation in almost 2 years because I can't afford it and have been saving up to do a big Europe trip.

So yeah, money is a pretty big factor in trip planning.  The reason I was going to stay at the dorm was because it was A LOT cheaper than staying at decent hotels.  That's also why I was going to be tied to the Belfast area.  Now that I've found out about BnBs and done some research on them, it looks like I'll probably go that route since it's even cheaper than the dorm.     

This is probably what I'm going to end up doing now that I found out about BnBs. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »
Sounds like even more of a reason to be less tethered to this person.  Enjoy your vacation, don't restrict it because of someone else.

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
Awesome. The big thing is you don't want to be "that older American guy who is always hanging around" to the people in the dorm or a hostel or something. When I was 17, I spent a summer on a Kibbutz in Israel with a bunch of people in their late-teens to mid-twenties and there was this 32 year old guy who just didn't fit in. I felt bad for the guy, but still...
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2013, 05:16:37 PM »
Like always, people give me the "You are a lawyer, you must have so much money, why be stingy?" thing.  Yet they have no idea what I make.  To put it in perspective, my friend who graduated with me and has been working for 2 and a half years as a lawyer started at 45k/yr.  He now makes 50k/yr.  I started a higher, but not significantly.  These days most Network Administrators make more money than Lawyers.  Or Web Developers.  Or even a good plumber.  Unless you're a big shot lawyer at a big shot firm, you aren't making six figures off the bat as a 30 year old.  It takes a decade of work experience before you hit those numbers for most.

Damn, I wish I made 45k a year.  :P

ど助平

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2013, 08:00:22 PM »

I'm getting close to $60k! But I also have to constantly go back and take more classes, which I pay for.  :'(
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2013, 08:09:13 PM »

I'm getting close to $60k! But I also have to constantly go back and take more classes, which I pay for.  :'(

My income sucks, but I can't complain since they pay for my transportation and give me full health coverage.  Plus I like working there.  My wife makes about as much as I do, so we do all right combined, but it would be nice to be making even $40k by myself.  I'll get there though.  Only started working in this field at the end of 2010.   :)
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
Possibly the best thread ever.

I cannot wait for the follow up thread where Bebpo recounts how things mostly worked out as Treesong predicted, only that he doesn't remember any of it, and had to piece together the evidence from police surveillance camera footage.

the UK is so fascinating that DC's Bore-posting rate has risen x1000 in the past 2 days
:lol

Meanwhile, in king-god Japan, you and I are remaining constant in our high posting rate.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2013, 08:29:46 PM »
wish i was still in the uk go see a footie match plz
USA

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »
Best of luck banging that hot teen

:lol

And yes, Treesong is like fucking Cassandra here NO NO NO NO GTFO OF TROY BITCHES
vjj

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »
Gonna go fuck some slags in the ass Bebpo? :hyper
🍆🍆

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2013, 10:05:56 PM »

Still somewhat confused here - dorms in the UK are going to put you in rooms full of people you don't know - BnB much less so. So if people scare you? dorms in the UK will fucking eat you alive.

Remember - we have some of the most violent specimens on the planet in that 16-19 bracket.

O=X

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »
Are chavs still a thing?

I probably have the shittiest income of anyone that's posted in the thread (I get paid hourly and work about 23 hours a week) but I supplement it with savings.  Hopefully just another year of shitty life and then I'm graduated and whatnot.
yar

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
Are chavs still a thing?

I probably have the shittiest income of anyone that's posted in the thread (I get paid hourly and work about 23 hours a week) but I supplement it with savings.  Hopefully just another year of shitty life and then I'm graduated and whatnot.

my income is currently $0 ;)

And yeah - chavs have sort of went away in the "well no one talks about them anymore" but they're more a state of mind than a "thing" so you can still see them wandering the streets
O=X

Bebpo

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2013, 10:38:25 PM »

Still somewhat confused here - dorms in the UK are going to put you in rooms full of people you don't know - BnB much less so. So if people scare you? dorms in the UK will fucking eat you alive.

Remember - we have some of the most violent specimens on the planet in that 16-19 bracket.

I guess I'm just under the impression that dorms = you don't have to interact with strangers.  You have a room and if you bump into someone in the hall maybe you say hi, but otherwise it's private.  Whereas the BnB thing sounds like walking into a stranger's house, saying hello and then proceeding to be part of their family.  The latter just makes me anxious because I've never done it before while I've done the former in the past.

But I'm not going to do the dorm, so it's a bit of a moot point now.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »
Are chavs still a thing?

my income is currently $0 ;)

And yeah - chavs have sort of went away in the "well no one talks about them anymore" but they're more a state of mind than a "thing" so you can still see them wandering the streets

I'm willing to bet your sweet, sweet Japanese unemployment is more than my current payrate and rapidly dwindling reserves :P

Like I said though, should be a moot point in about a year to a year and a half for me.  I'll be back to making "ok" money.
yar

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2013, 11:04:54 PM »
I was actually surprised that Japanese dole is pretty sweet - but applied for a couple of jobs. One of which if I can land then my huge stiffy will be the new biggest land mark in Tokyo. Skytree owned

Bebpo - a lot of dorm in the UK are based on either shared rooms with complete strangers in small numbers or huge army barrack style bunks. Japanese dorms != UK dorms
O=X

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013, 11:21:27 PM »
I guess they don't require you to look for work on Japanese unemployment?  In the US You have to keep a written log of all the employers you contacted every week and if you fail to produce that document your claim is terminated.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013, 11:46:14 PM »
I guess they don't require you to look for work on Japanese unemployment?  In the US You have to keep a written log of all the employers you contacted every week and if you fail to produce that document your claim is terminated.

When I was on Japanese unemployment, I had to go to the unemployment office once a month to check in-- would tell them that I applied for this or for that and had to spend some time in front of a PC looking at job postings, but it generally was a 10 minute affair.  In and out.

I was on it for 4-5 months and got around 160,000-170,000 yen per month IIRC.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2013, 11:50:57 PM »

I guess I'm just under the impression that dorms = you don't have to interact with strangers.  You have a room and if you bump into someone in the hall maybe you say hi, but otherwise it's private.  Whereas the BnB thing sounds like walking into a stranger's house, saying hello and then proceeding to be part of their family.  The latter just makes me anxious because I've never done it before while I've done the former in the past.

Do you really think that's what a bed and breakfast is?  It's like an inn, dude.  The people running it are not looking to have complete strangers (that's you!) be part of their family.   :lol  You get your own room and you come and go as you please.  Maybe they might have some sort of curfew for security reasons, but that should be it.  The only time you might have to actually be sociable is for breakfast.  Depending on the place they might just have one big table or small tables in a small space for all the people staying there to eat together at.  That's it.  Otherwise they are going to serve you food and go eat in their own space.  If you have such a fear of people, how the hell are you able to travel alone?
ど助平

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2013, 12:28:14 AM »

Do you really think that's what a bed and breakfast is?  It's like an inn, dude.  The people running it are not looking to have complete strangers (that's you!) be part of their family.   :lol  You get your own room and you come and go as you please.  Maybe they might have some sort of curfew for security reasons, but that should be it.  The only time you might have to actually be sociable is for breakfast.  Depending on the place they might just have one big table or small tables in a small space for all the people staying there to eat together at.  That's it.  Otherwise they are going to serve you food and go eat in their own space.  If you have such a fear of people, how the hell are you able to travel alone?

AS per the above - a BnB is more akin to what you've seen in millions of RPGs lol - just treat it like that Bebpo.

(offtopic)
re: unemployment - yeah, you have to go to Hello Work! and prove you are job hunting. Plus it's not unlimited - i get 240 days of it but my plan is to not touch it and go straight into a new job. Figure was 7200 yen a day so it comes out around 216,000 a month, plus the day count - i'd get that for 8 months IF i need it.
O=X

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2013, 02:53:53 AM »
A BnB is the most normal place you can stay at, I didn't even know it could be a "thing" to find it scary. It's not like you're gonna hang out together.

Hmm, that's interesting.  Does that mean there's not much of a nightlife in Ireland/UK?

I hope you are joking  :lol

Does no information trickle on European culture trickle through to the US?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:59:55 AM by Premium Lager »

Bebpo

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2013, 03:16:50 AM »
A BnB is the most normal place you can stay at, I didn't even know it could be a "thing" to find it scary. It's not like you're gonna hang out together.

Hmm, that's interesting.  Does that mean there's not much of a nightlife in Ireland/UK?

None.

But if all the bars close at 11:30...what do you all do in the midnight->5am time period? 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2013, 03:26:02 AM »
there is this thing called sex
vjj

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2013, 04:39:18 AM »
It's too cold to do anything else

Just read the rest of the thread, BnB's are pretty good places to stay. As long as you dont stay somewhere with some nutters who want you to be involved and schedule activities. I wouldn't even go near a dorm or a hostel here, let alone one in the UK.

Also I feel a lot better about my salary now. But then Sydney is insanely expensive. Anyway go and have fun bebpo! Just relax and enjoy it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:49:11 AM by pilonv1 »
itm

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2013, 04:52:06 AM »
there are clubs btw, although i hear they have been hit pretty hard by the ongoing depression. As has business everywhere in Ireland.
vjj

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2013, 04:54:10 AM »
Bars close at 1130? Huh.

huh.

what.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2013, 05:03:52 AM »
I used to live in an area of Sydney where I would go for a walk right near my building at 2pm on a Sunday and there were still people filing out of bars from the previous night.
itm

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2013, 06:29:42 AM »
Maybe some pub out in the sticks closes at 1130 because its a village with 10 people. But in a city? Maaaaaaad.

Clubs and pubs are as full as ever, depression or no depression. Walk into a pub any day of the week and it will be packed in many places. Monday, Tuesday, jesus birthday.

Fifstar

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2013, 06:40:50 AM »
Go to Berlin if you're concerned about closing times. If you want you can party 24 hours from thursday to monday.
Gulp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2013, 06:57:33 AM »
I've found that you can party 24 hours anywhere.

Fifstar

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2013, 07:02:08 AM »
Of course you can, but it's probably more accessible and easier even as a outsider to do this style of heavy partying in Berlin than anywhere else.
Gulp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2013, 07:09:03 AM »
I dunno man, these are germans. Bebpu doesn't speak german.

I've heard great things about Berlin nightlife thats true.

Fifstar

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2013, 07:22:10 AM »
Don't think that would be a problem in Berlin, Berlin is full of party tourists that fly in each weekend from all over europe. Actually I've sometimes had the feeling I hear more people speaking english in clubs there than german. And I'd say most germans below 40 speak at least half decent english, not quite as good as in the netherlands but still okay.

Also very surprised you've never been there, you owe it to yourself to spend a weekend there before you sail into the harbour of marriage...
Gulp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2013, 07:25:21 AM »
I've walked around Berlin once for a few hours, but never stayed or partied.

Maybe something for my bachelor weekend stuff thingy.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2013, 08:30:07 PM »
I actually understand Bebpo's concerns about BnB vs. hostel: In a hostel, there would be heaps of people, it's easy to disappear into the crowd, not feel compelled at any time to have to interact. In contrast, if there are only the owners of the place and you as the tenant, you'd have to be the focus of their attention.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »
BnB's are usually a whole multi-story house with at least 3 rooms available for guests. The owners are not going to get up in your grill unless you approach them first because they are not morons
vjj

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, 11:23:12 PM »

None.

But if all the bars close at 11:30...what do you all do in the midnight->5am time period?

Fabric and Ministry of Sound in London...

..at least that's what I would do.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2013, 11:25:52 PM »
Of course you can, but it's probably more accessible and easier even as a outsider to do this style of heavy partying in Berlin than anywhere else.

Naturally, I'd kill to go to Berghain, but I hear the door policy is really arbitrary.
^_^

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »
yeah - i think this is a case of "what happens in other countries" and "what happens in the UK"

I'll try one last time (for Tree)

My Parents recently decided to book into a hostel because - well - they were up in Scotland and it was dirt cheap and they were like "fuck it - how bad could it be?" The Hostel chain has a name - i'll get it from my mother later - but it at least sounded inviting.... and it's exactly the horror shit show i'd expect . Parents in a room with no toilet on fucking bunkbeds with -nothing- in the room other than a small washlet.

Mothers exact words : "WISH WE'D STAYED AT A BnB" <-------- this this this this this this this this.

At this point i mentioned Bebpo was thinking about coming to the UK and was going to dorm/hostel it

"Well, if he's under 21 then i guess it's probably doable - but you aren't saving much cash by doing that over a BnB" <------------------------------------- THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

In other news - huzzah - new hilarity. Turns out a whole host of products sold in the UK as "containing/this is Beef" are actually horse. I swear to god this country is one meta-comedy. I've started openly laughing at half this stuff now. It's AMAZING.

My parents upgraded thier shitty dial up modem a year ago - to a 16Mbps line.... and now they get 0.41Mbps ! Looool. BT : "well, it's 16Mbps -best effort- so....."

I am going to call them and have a Malcolm Tucker style sweary shout. I'm excited!
Fabric and Ministry of Sound in London...

oh - great to know that Fabric is still going - easily the best night out in London by a massive massive distance (or... um.... was in 1997-2000). Ministry i found to be a complete posers nightmare: any place that has a dress code that says "no ordinary jeans, no ordinary trainers" is run by wankers. That said, once inside i usually had a lot of fun, but again - didn't care for the clients in there.

Where as Fabric was just one big fecking love in and the people in there were universally awesome with no attitude. There was a regular guy in there in his 50s who would be going crazy on the dance floor, no attitude to him from anyone - everyone was just there to have a good time. Ministry? not so much
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:32:20 PM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2013, 01:10:09 AM »
Next: Bebpo informs us that the other members of his party will be a giant talking cat, a bluff aged warrior and a tomboy
vjj

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »
He should just spend a week with his party in Belfast grinding his conversation/social attributes up a few levels then he'd be ready to move into a BnB.

I think the lowest level you have to be to get into a BnB is about a 6 on Charisma.

(love you Bebps, be a mang! DO THE RIGHT THING!)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:16:49 AM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2013, 01:18:38 AM »
yeah, bone the teen chick and post nude pics
vjj

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2013, 01:41:36 AM »
/thread
/HOF

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2013, 01:56:17 AM »
Bebpo's threads do get a little tiresome though when they all follow a similar formula:

• Bepbo creates thread asking for advice where he presents a child-like view of an adult subject
  • Forum gently gives him advice, trying to steer him in the right direction
  • Bepbo argues that his way is actually the best and your advice is bad
  • Forum less gently gives him advice
  • Bepbo still resists
  • Forum types in caps to try to get through to the naive Bepbo
  • Bebpo gets upset
  • Forum needing entertainment drags it on as long as possible
  • Bepbo does what he wants to anyway

You left out "Bebpo makes a drunk thread where he cries about not being able to pick up girls and how he's all alone in this tough world" but honestly I'm not sure where that slots in
yar

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2013, 01:58:20 AM »
five gets you ten he is secretly hung up on this chick and would follow to the ends of the earth if he thought he could be alone with her

i mean, i lived in Belfast, come on

nobody WANTS to go to Belfast
vjj

Robo

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2013, 02:28:56 AM »
Wow, I make way more money than Bepbo.  I'm gonna go out and get some pussy right away!
obo

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2013, 04:46:55 AM »
Ill get Bebpo drunk if he comes to Dublin, then drop him at the local strip club or easy chicks bar (Dicey's) just wait for the thread then :drool

five gets you ten he is secretly hung up on this chick and would follow to the ends of the earth if he thought he could be alone with her

I'd love to go to Belfast and go on one of those getto tours they do there.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2013, 04:48:40 AM »
Bebpo's threads do get a little tiresome though when they all follow a similar formula:

• Bepbo creates thread asking for advice where he presents a child-like view of an adult subject
  • Forum gently gives him advice, trying to steer him in the right direction
  • Bepbo argues that his way is actually the best and your advice is bad
  • Forum less gently gives him advice
  • Bepbo still resists
  • Forum types in caps to try to get through to the naive Bepbo
  • Bebpo gets upset
  • Forum needing entertainment drags it on as long as possible
  • Bepbo does what he wants to anyway

:ohhh :shaq

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2013, 04:55:49 AM »
Ill get Bebpo drunk if he comes to Dublin, then drop him at the local strip club or easy chicks bar (Dicey's) just wait for the thread then :drool

I'd love to go to Belfast and go on one of those getto tours they do there.

WEIRD THAT YOU SHOULD MENTION THAT

My mate just started doing tours of the various Troubles-related spots a couple of weeks back. We shared a house at Queen's back in the day. He has always been deep into NI's political history and really knows his shit. If you want, I can get some contact details for you.
vjj

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2013, 06:49:44 AM »
Dude I'd love that actually for whenever I make my way up there this year, I'd be very interested in that stuff. Recently there's been trouble brewing again with all the flag riots.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »
UK history was actually far more exciting than the wife and I thought it would be - it's amazing what a difference actually seeing all the places these people lived, died, murdered, and screwed makes. one of the highlights of our trip was the Edinburgh Literary Pub Tour
乱学者

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2013, 11:48:13 AM »
Today i walked round my home town taking in sights from 1700-1800's and yeah... :bow dat history :bow2
O=X

« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2013, 11:50:18 AM »
UK history was actually far more exciting than the wife and I thought it would be - it's amazing what a difference actually seeing all the places these people lived, died, murdered, and screwed makes. one of the highlights of our trip was the Edinburgh Literary Pub Tour

I remembering visiting place where the Magna Carta was written. That was pretty impressive.
野球