Author Topic: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT  (Read 196394 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT
« Reply #540 on: May 24, 2015, 07:17:28 PM »
Green is doable, yes, but it stays green for more than a couple levels above Geralt's, I believe. They can pose quite the challenge still.

North of the Hanging Tree (where you enter Velen) has some low-level monsters, maybe that's a good first direction to divert from the main path. I stuck with the main quest until my first chat with the Baron (with some exploration here and there), then went and bashed my head against the quests within reach.
Wolves and wild dogs posed a challenge for a surprisingly long time, much less the actual monsters. You can cheese it by fighting from horseback though, until you have better gear and another level or two.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #541 on: May 24, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »
I have no idea. Not even sure if I got it in Velen or White Orchard.

Speaking of, I have several Enhanced and Superior versions of stuff, including gear, even though I'm still missing the regular version. Half the gear I couldn't even use, so it's just as well, but the progression is still making me nervous. :I

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #542 on: May 24, 2015, 08:06:43 PM »
Where do I find the Swallow potion recipe? :shaq2

I can't remember. I thought that was one of the initial formulas you had and you just needed to find the ingredients to build it the first time. Check the alchemy tab and make sure you just aren't overlooking it.

El Babua

« Reply #543 on: May 24, 2015, 08:13:39 PM »
Yeah, it shoukd be one of the default ones. Kill some drowners and just grab all the herbs around White Orchard.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #544 on: May 24, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »
the intro to novigrad
 :goty2

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #545 on: May 24, 2015, 09:16:44 PM »
It's kind of bullshit you can fail quests or parts of quests so easily. I failed some merchant quest because I couldn't get on my horse on time to run him down, and I just failed a part of a quest because I was just walking around and walked too close to some women I was supposed to eavesdrop on. I didn't even know I was supposed to eavesdrop on them until I was alerted that I had failed it. You should be able to restart that shit.
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #546 on: May 24, 2015, 10:16:47 PM »
Also be nice if the stupid motherfucker wouldn't put away his sword before a battle is completely over.
sup

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #547 on: May 25, 2015, 02:43:44 AM »
Gotta keep that secret anyway. :shh

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I sent her to Kaer Morhen. I'm really, really hoping for a nice catfight at the end. :heh
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #548 on: May 25, 2015, 04:42:11 AM »
Thanks for the pointers lads

It's kind of bullshit you can fail quests or parts of quests so easily. I failed some merchant quest because I couldn't get on my horse on time to run him down, and I just failed a part of a quest because I was just walking around and walked too close to some women I was supposed to eavesdrop on. I didn't even know I was supposed to eavesdrop on them until I was alerted that I had failed it. You should be able to restart that shit.

I actually like this, makes the world feel real

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #549 on: May 25, 2015, 12:39:39 PM »
Gotta keep that secret anyway. :shh

I sent her to Kaer Morhen. I'm really, really hoping for a nice catfight at the end. :heh
[close]

I did this too. Figured hey, if she wanna be rich off someone else's work idgaf but that ass was nice don't want to see it dead. Go to kaer morhen
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #550 on: May 25, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »
New patch is out today for the PC version:

-Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the 'Unlock Bindings' option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.
-Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.
-Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.
-Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
-1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.
-Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
-Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.
-Further improvements made in Nvidia Hairworks performance.
-A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
-Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.
-Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.
-Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.
-Updates the game icon.
-Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
-Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.
-Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
-Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.
-Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #551 on: May 25, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
Where do you guys get good gwent cards? I played a bit in White Orchard but once I got to Velen everyone started playing lots of spies and strength 10 units on me and destroying me. Can't seem to find good cards to buy, either.
yar

Stoney Mason

« Reply #552 on: May 25, 2015, 01:32:52 PM »
It's a slow process. Basically any town I go to, I look for any shopkeeper and play them as dudes who sell potions, armorers, blacksmiths, and inn people all play and some of them potentially sell the cards. Basically you have to go out of your way to do it, if you want to do it.

And while there absolutely some people who have insane cards right of the bat who you can't beat without a better deck, if you get those spy cards that give you more cards, those are huge. Having deck advantage is huge since you can make a dude who technically has better cards than you waste a ton of them in blowout rounds. Like I purposely often try to lose the first round by as huge a margin as possible while still retaining card advantage. I then win the next two rounds through a use of weather cards and making the opposition run out of cards while I still have mine. 

There is also a gwent quest that becomes available with the baron if you haven't done that already that will net you some cards.

Also just noticed this link on IGN front page although I didn't use it myself.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/Gwent_Card_Locations?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Blogroll
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:39:30 PM by Stoney Mason »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #553 on: May 25, 2015, 04:08:35 PM »
I'm still looking for better looking armor and witcher armor set 2 locations?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #554 on: May 25, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
i just got the Cat School Armor made. its fucking coool :noah

i wish there was a 'full set equip' bonus like in other games tho :(

Dem Diablo set bonuses

:lawd
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #555 on: May 25, 2015, 05:59:08 PM »
I'm wearing the Griffin set because it's the second I'd completed (Warrior being the first), but it's really ugly. Barely looks like armour. Working on the Cat school set though, already have several enhancements for it.

Finally some new saddlebags, too. From 90 to 130 [units]. :rejoice

Had a pretty big glitch in Novigrad today. Everyone was in Jesus poses, with their head detached, off to the side somewhere.
I also found two spots where you can trap yourself and have to reload. One is a shipwreck you can't climb out of any more and the other some random hole in a swamp. If only Geralt could jump in knee deep water.
Another recurring issue I've had are NPCs that are stuck in some sort of animation, making me unable to talk to them. The smith in Black-something, specifically, but I've had it with others too.

-A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.*
-Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.
:rejoice
*I hope the cards aren't on the barkeep, because she hasn't showed up in my game after I sent heads flying right in front of her. :I

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #556 on: May 25, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »
I'm wearing the Griffin set because it's the second I'd completed (Warrior being the first), but it's really ugly. Barely looks like armour. Working on the Cat school set though, already have several enhancements for it.

Finally some new saddlebags, too. From 90 to 130 [units]. :rejoice

Had a pretty big glitch in Novigrad today. Everyone was in Jesus poses, with their head detached, off to the side somewhere.
I also found two spots where you can trap yourself and have to reload. One is a shipwreck you can't climb out of any more and the other some random hole in a swamp. If only Geralt could jump in knee deep water.
Another recurring issue I've had are NPCs that are stuck in some sort of animation, making me unable to talk to them. The smith in Black-something, specifically, but I've had it with others too.

-A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.*
*I hope the cards aren't on the barkeep, because she hasn't showed up in my game after I sent heads flying right in front of her. :I

Apparently the guy who you saved from the Griffin (and lead you to the inn) is the one that has them now

Stoney Mason

« Reply #557 on: May 25, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »
Want to go to Skellige but theres just sooo much to do in Velen and Novigrad still :noah
Novigrad is insane. So much stuff.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #559 on: May 26, 2015, 12:49:38 AM »
Pesta wraith played the fuck outta me  :shaq2
[close]

I let that werewolf eat the hell outta that dead chick's stupidass sister, tho  :heh
[close]
sup

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #560 on: May 26, 2015, 12:55:36 AM »
The fog demon or whatever the contract in the swamps is keeps killing me... fucker kills me in 3 hits at level 11 or 12 or whatever I am, and the combat is so jank that it's hard for me to avoid him. Guess I'll come back in 5 or 6 levels when I have better gear and just curb stomp him.
[close]
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #561 on: May 26, 2015, 12:59:35 AM »
Low low key: this game desperately needs a 'homestead' or storage area for geralt. I'm trying to craft all these enhanced Witcher sets but only have 130 carrying space wtf m8 :beli

Yes I have the best saddlebags :beli

Same. I think i got the best saddlebags kinda early because 130 space was amazing for like 12 hours now all of a sudden (lvl 14-15) I'm constantly making merchant runs. I have like 6500+ orens now but I had one merchant literally go broke selling him my shit.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #562 on: May 26, 2015, 01:02:26 AM »
Game should really put a big ass merchant bank in Novigrad that you can keep just selling shit to.
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #563 on: May 26, 2015, 01:31:20 AM »
I'm sitting on like 14000 crowns at this point, I don't need to keep selling shit really.

I don't care if it breaks the lore or w/e. Give me a quest that lets me earn an abandoned property in oxenfurt or novigrad pls. this is like a 70-80 hour game with some beautiful loot.

Something like
what Letho was doing. Clear out some little rubble keep no one goes to anymore and let you drop shit in a chest.
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #564 on: May 26, 2015, 01:47:33 AM »
Cant you just drop shit on the ground like in Diablo 1?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #565 on: May 26, 2015, 02:12:57 AM »
Looks like I fucked up the Baron questline a bit...

I freed the spirit trapped under the hillock to save the kids, so the crones punished Anna by turning her into a monster... when I went back to Crookback Bog with the baron I kinda sorta maybe chose the wrong doll and she turned back into a human for a bit, then died. So, after that the Baron hung himself back at Crow Perch... guess I'll never get any gwent cards off of him now.
[close]
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #566 on: May 26, 2015, 03:04:37 AM »
25 hrs played still haven't touch skellige.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #567 on: May 26, 2015, 03:54:49 AM »
Looks like I fucked up the Baron questline a bit...

I freed the spirit trapped under the hillock to save the kids, so the crones punished Anna by turning her into a monster... when I went back to Crookback Bog with the baron I kinda sorta maybe chose the wrong doll and she turned back into a human for a bit, then died. So, after that the Baron hung himself back at Crow Perch... guess I'll never get any gwent cards off of him now.
[close]

First rule of Witcher: Everbody is lying.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #568 on: May 26, 2015, 08:41:45 AM »
Id like to be a fly on the wall and see the reaction of someone who always makes the "righteous" choices in Bioware games  play Witcher 3.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #569 on: May 26, 2015, 08:44:58 AM »
Yeah, I like that the dialogue trees (such as you can call them that) don't make it as obvious, either.

sarslip

« Reply #570 on: May 26, 2015, 08:55:03 AM »
where are the best saddlebags tho  ???

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #571 on: May 26, 2015, 11:14:19 AM »
picked it up on PC. hopefully my rig can run it decently enough.
nat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #572 on: May 26, 2015, 11:46:20 AM »
How do you guys feel about the downgrade fiasco?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #573 on: May 26, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »
Eh. Trailers and promo screenshots look better than the final versions all the time. I don't know why anyone is surprised any more.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #574 on: May 26, 2015, 11:55:52 AM »
Fiasco? This is the best looking game I've had for my PC.
©ZH

El Babua

« Reply #575 on: May 26, 2015, 12:05:53 PM »
Took on a level 7 quest at level 4. Got wrecked by a werewolf a couple of times before figuring out his pattern. Then he starts up a regeneration spell and starts healing faster than I can damage him.

I guess I'll either get gud or level up (or craft a silver bomb).

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #576 on: May 26, 2015, 12:22:57 PM »
How do you guys feel about the downgrade fiasco?

i feel like they ought to downgrade it even more on ps4 so it runs better, there are times when it's a stuttering mess

also gonna be some tough times over the next few years for console graphics hounds, this and gta v are about as good as open world games are ever gonna look on that 2012 hardware

basically game is beautiful and outragers should suck a dick and eat a bullet
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #577 on: May 26, 2015, 12:31:49 PM »
Took on a level 7 quest at level 4. Got wrecked by a werewolf a couple of times before figuring out his pattern. Then he starts up a regeneration spell and starts healing faster than I can damage him.

You using igni? That wrecks wolves/werewolves, does DoT
sup

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #578 on: May 26, 2015, 12:46:03 PM »
Loving the fact that CDPR isn't the "god" among devs that people think they are but instead are just a fucking company trying to get that scrilla like every other company.

The worst thing is the constant cocksucking of these companies like they are your friends/lovers...fuck that shit

Also on the downgrade itself: Eh shit happens :yeshrug

Luckily for CDPR the game still looks good regardless and its gotten much critical acclaim so they should be able to ride this out.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #579 on: May 26, 2015, 01:12:24 PM »
Very, very few people would be able to take advantage of the "upgraded" graphics anyway, as most people don't have a $3,000 rig. And in the next 2-3 years it'll take for everybody to catch up, something with better graphics will have come out.
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #580 on: May 26, 2015, 01:21:32 PM »
For me its the best looking open world game ive seen, i love how vibrant and lush the world is.

Purple Filth

« Reply #581 on: May 26, 2015, 01:29:02 PM »
Ride this out lol, no one cares :comeon except a small but loud contingent of stupid spergs.

Those fucking spregs are the ones i'm talking about since they are gonna bring this up constantly for some time.

Plus they were also the ones CDPR went on and on about "supporting" (DRM free versions of their games, care about the PC, no downgrades, blah, blah , blah) so they will fucking care.  :ufup

Very, very few people would be able to take advantage of the "upgraded" graphics anyway, as most people don't have a $3,000 rig. And in the next 2-3 years it'll take for everybody to catch up, something with better graphics will have come out.

They don't care about long term though, its all about now.  :P

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #582 on: May 26, 2015, 01:31:42 PM »
It's very comical to watch them twitch and jitter over it. There'll be some fresh new outrage before the year's out for them to soliloquize over, though
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #583 on: May 26, 2015, 01:34:14 PM »
Witcher 3 has 89% positive customer reviews on Steam and a 9.0 user score average on Metacritic. I don't think CDPR is really losing that much sleep over this.
dog

El Babua

« Reply #584 on: May 26, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »

You using igni? That wrecks wolves/werewolves, does DoT

Yeah, though my igni was only upgraded once and isn't doing much. Best bet for me is when he charges up the spell, I drink thunderbolt, hit igni and keep spamming attack and hope he goes down.

cool breeze

« Reply #585 on: May 26, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »

yeah I'm replaying witcher 2 on my 'modest' 970 and while most settings are cranked up, I still can't do ubersambling.  back in 2011 my similarly modest 560ti was medium/high and wasn't getting a smooth frame rate.

It's very comical to watch them twitch and jitter over it. There'll be some fresh new outrage before the year's out for them to soliloquize over, though

you'd think eventually they'd learn to take promotional footage with some skepticism instead of doing this downgrade!! thing every couple weeks. 

Stoney Mason

« Reply #586 on: May 26, 2015, 02:05:20 PM »
Gotta say just like W2, once you reach a certain point the difficulty curve goes awry. Somewhere around level 13-16? Now normal is too easy. Might have to turn it up if I can.

I read that in a few reviews which is why I started on that difficulty. Broken bones was a little prickly at first since I'm pretty average when it comes to games but now that I'm up at higher levels, its gotten much more controllable and less frustrating.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #587 on: May 26, 2015, 02:39:11 PM »
Did anyone kill the
botchling? What did the Baron do if you did?
[close]
©ZH

Purple Filth

« Reply #588 on: May 26, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »

yeah I'm replaying witcher 2 on my 'modest' 970 and while most settings are cranked up, I still can't do ubersambling.  back in 2011 my similarly modest 560ti was medium/high and wasn't getting a smooth frame rate.

you'd think eventually they'd learn to take promotional footage with some skepticism instead of doing this downgrade!! thing every couple weeks.

"But its from CDPR, they would never do such a thing"  :jawalrus

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #589 on: May 26, 2015, 03:21:01 PM »
Ride this out lol, no one cares :comeon except a small but loud contingent of stupid spergs.

Gotta say just like W2, once you reach a certain point the difficulty curve goes awry. Somewhere around level 13-16? Now normal is too easy. Might have to turn it up if I can. TBH the hardest encounters in this game are actually the ones with a group of humans rather than big powerful monsters. With the monsters you can usually prepare with an oil, usually only one target to roll or dodge away from, and spamming thunderbolt/quen/swallow pretty much guarantees you can waste anything near your level, especially if you're pumped up with a mutagen in the right slots.

The next time I play this it'll be on Broken Bones and i'll go for a potion and Axii/Aard/Yrden heavy build. Too easy to just stack up sword skills and Quen and wreck shit.

Yeah, so far the hardest part of the game now is large groups. So far that's usually either nekkers or humans.

I got it super late but don't sleep on Blizzard potion fam. It's the one that makes you all go neo in the matrix and slows down shit. I use thunderbolt a lot but Blizzard is great. It just doesn't last too long but I've got a mutagen for that  ;)

As long as you're not an idiot, and actually use the tools available to you no one should have having problems killing shit 3ish levels above them. I'm lvl 14 doing lvl 17/18 quests and doing okay.

wraiths and shit are kinda tricky but thankfully you really only fight the powerful ones 1v1.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #590 on: May 26, 2015, 03:37:23 PM »
Im wondering if there is such a thing as a bad build, im putting all my points into igni so far

Ps: looking forward to downgranger over battlefront

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #591 on: May 26, 2015, 03:45:54 PM »
Im wondering if there is such a thing as a bad build, im putting all my points into igni so far

Ps: looking forward to downgranger over battlefront

I'm putting my points all over but I've always been a jack of all trades type a nicca. Unless its something like FO/Skyrim then It's stealtharrowdagger all day.

studyguy

« Reply #592 on: May 26, 2015, 04:56:41 PM »
I'm at like 17 hours and I haven't even done the bloody baron shit.
Fuck.
pause

« Reply #593 on: May 26, 2015, 05:01:04 PM »
The Skellige Islands are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a game.

I knew you guys would like it. Just good art all around, and the sea travel makes it feel extra massive.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #594 on: May 26, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »
Went on an all day gwent binge, brehs
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #595 on: May 26, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »
The Skellige Islands are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a game.

I knew you guys would like it. Just good art all around, and the sea travel makes it feel extra massive.

Might say fuck these sidequests for a second hour or eight and check em out.

:obama

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #596 on: May 26, 2015, 05:51:27 PM »

Gotta say just like W2, once you reach a certain point the difficulty curve goes awry. Somewhere around level 13-16? Now normal is too easy. Might have to turn it up if I can. TBH the hardest encounters in this game are actually the ones with a group of humans rather than big powerful monsters. With the monsters you can usually prepare with an oil, usually only one target to roll or dodge away from, and spamming thunderbolt/quen/swallow pretty much guarantees you can waste anything near your level, especially if you're pumped up with a mutagen in the right slots.

The next time I play this it'll be on Broken Bones and i'll go for a potion and Axii/Aard/Yrden heavy build. Too easy to just stack up sword skills and Quen and wreck shit.
I'm thinking the same and already play on Broken Bones. :lol Thankfully you can switch whenever.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #598 on: May 26, 2015, 06:27:55 PM »
This ps4 patch really seemed to improve performance and also made all the trees not sway as much when its not windy. Think it will hit usa later today (499mb)

This game will take me like two months to finish or more.

Already thinking about buying the expansions though hehe

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #599 on: May 26, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/AnndraADunn/status/603317728653537280

:sabu
The guy from the screenshots worked on Alpha Protocol as well? Noice.

Went on an all day gwent binge, brehs
I keep thinking that I should maybe check out Hearthstone, but I'm not sure I want to fall into a CCG hole... First time's always free, right? :hitler

OK, concerning the Baron. That
- thing, Uma, what the fuck was that about?! Do I even want to know at this stage? I thought the crones sent an assassin for a moment :heh or that it was another child the Baron hadn't mentioned. Please tell me I can interact with him (?) before he pops out with a knife somewhere down the line. I mean, they just threw that in there right at the end and Geralt just fucking goes along with it! Yeah, something magical about him. Oh, won it at a card game? Well, whatever, so long. Like wtf.
[close]