Author Topic: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT  (Read 197066 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT
« Reply #720 on: May 31, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »
Haven't hit the XP glitch, but little bugs are starting to wear on me, like the talk trigger not appearing over quest givers and having to save/reload to get it to reappear.
I see that a lot when I travel quickly, especially in Novigrad where it doesn't prioritize which NPCs to load first (I assume that's the issue). On PC at least it helps if you turn around and walk around a bit or even meditate an hour. Let it 'settle' a bit.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #721 on: May 31, 2015, 02:45:47 PM »
Haven't hit the XP glitch, but little bugs are starting to wear on me, like the talk trigger not appearing over quest givers and having to save/reload to get it to reappear.
I see that a lot when I travel quickly, especially in Novigrad where it doesn't prioritize which NPCs to load first (I assume that's the issue). On PC at least it helps if you turn around and walk around a bit or even meditate an hour. Let it 'settle' a bit.

Works for me on console too.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #722 on: May 31, 2015, 03:58:11 PM »
Just did the High Stakes tournament. The first match was ironically the most difficult for me. The last match was surprisingly easy. Monster deck, but the guy had a really bad hand. Stuck to my OP Nilfgaard deck throughout, didn't even adjust it.
Only missing two leaders and who knows how many regular cards now.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #723 on: May 31, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »
sup

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #724 on: May 31, 2015, 04:46:04 PM »
Dismantling shit into ingredients will also free up a lot of your inventory btw

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #725 on: May 31, 2015, 05:01:12 PM »
Just did the High Stakes tournament. The first match was ironically the most difficult for me. The last match was surprisingly easy. Monster deck, but the guy had a really bad hand. Stuck to my OP Nilfgaard deck throughout, didn't even adjust it.

What sort of strategy do you go for with a Nilfgaard deck? I'd like to play other factions than Northern Realms but I'm not sure what to do, tbh.
yar

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #726 on: May 31, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
supposed list for the next patch (1.05 for PC and 1.04 for consoles)

mentioned in that GAF thread

stolen from

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/44006-Some-of-the-changes-coming-in-the-next-patch-(1-04-1-05)?p=1728578#post1728578

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

I love how the game has such jank that the bolded has become a legit problem they had to address  :lol :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #727 on: May 31, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »
Also- xp bug being fixed, and other stuff in the new patch. Not sure of date, but hopefully tomorrow plz

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/44006-Some-of-the-changes-coming-in-the-next-patch-(1-04-1-05)?p=1728578#post1728578
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #728 on: May 31, 2015, 06:43:47 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sprinting down a dusk lit hill, sword in hand, wet from the light rain and my bro Roche beside me.
[close]

:lawd

#freetemeria

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #729 on: May 31, 2015, 07:32:02 PM »
Also- xp bug being fixed, and other stuff in the new patch. Not sure of date, but hopefully tomorrow plz

I'm on Xbone. Computers are for work.

I should expect to see this patch by August :-(
YMMV

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #730 on: May 31, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »

What sort of strategy do you go for with a Nilfgaard deck? I'd like to play other factions than Northern Realms but I'm not sure what to do, tbh.
My deck has all the spies (4, no doubles), healers (3) and heroes (a whopping 7, two of which are healers) and whatever strong regular cards, usually archers or siege engines. I also have three 3 point infantry and two emissarries, since they can either be used as fodder or be quite strong if you happen to draw two or more.
As for specials: at least two decoys are mandatory for spy heavy decks, since spies can be used against you once they're discarded. If you have a lot of non-hero units, two horns and two clear weather, otherwise only one each. The rest (frost, fog, rain) depends on what kind of deck you face.
As for neutrals: The dragon (forget the name) is great, as is scourge, but the latter is obviously a double-edged sword, especially for Nilfgaard's strong regular units. Don't want to kill your 10 point archers or siege engines, since they're often the strongest units on the board before buffs. Dandelion is like a melee only horns, but the best thing is that he can be revived, since he's not a special or hero.

My deck is huge as a consequence, 30 cards, so my hand can vary wildly. In general I try to exhaust the opponents' hand in round one, but I you have more than one of the following, the strategy changes:

Spies? Play them all in round one, then throw the round and exhaust their hand in the following round. If you can win the round go for it, but you obviously don't want to squander the card lead you gained. edit: round, round, round
Healers? Hold onto them for round two or three, but if you need to revive a card to win the round, the choice is obvious.
Heroes? Hold onto them if it's only one or two, but later on you can get four or more in your hand, so you can use one or two to goad the enemy into over-extending themselves.
Decoys? To capture enemy spies or re-capture your own spies that will almost assuredly be used against you in round two or three. Sometimes used to bail out healers for round two or three.

As for the leader card I like the third one a lot. It lets you see three randomly selected cards from your opponents' hand. More useful in round two, but can also safely be used to waste a turn should the need arise. The High Stakes tournament lets you win Emhyr 4. It lets you draw a card from the opponents' discard pile, which is really good and what I default to now.

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
There is at least one quest where you need to light something to progress (opens a hidden door), so now I wonder if they broke that. :lol

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.
What was the issue there?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:51:15 PM by Rufus »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #731 on: May 31, 2015, 10:17:22 PM »
DAT JANK

:neogaf

yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #732 on: May 31, 2015, 10:27:34 PM »
That's pretty weak jank, to be honest.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #733 on: May 31, 2015, 10:28:54 PM »
For some reason, stuff like that (levitating npcs) just amuses the shit out of me.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #734 on: June 01, 2015, 03:58:52 AM »
You have to buy a ticket at the front door to even get into the area where she is. She should be right in front of the stage giving instructions to some actors.
[close]

sarslip

« Reply #735 on: June 01, 2015, 09:01:49 AM »
downgrade thread still going

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165872336&postcount=7958

i havent hit a single invisible wall in 35 hours 

learn to read a ploughing map.

dudes get the game, hop on Roach and go looking for lo-res textures instead of quests :neogaf

complain about invisible walls on the largest RPG map ever created 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #736 on: June 01, 2015, 09:18:21 AM »
The only invisible barriers are the four edges of the square map. I mean, what?, you want them to build an entire world that wraps back around on itself?
dog

sarslip

« Reply #737 on: June 01, 2015, 09:39:42 AM »
The only invisible barriers are the four edges of the square map. I mean, what?, you want them to build an entire world that wraps back around on itself?

he wants a VR mermaid to appear in his living room, coddle his ball sack, and whisper gently in his ear:

You are now 50 meters from an invisible wall....40 meters....30....please turn back now my liege. 

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #738 on: June 01, 2015, 11:34:03 AM »
I wonder how many people complaining are excited for a barely Xbox 360 level Zelda that will attempt but almost assuredly fail at all the things this game succeeds in?

Probably a bunch.

Can't discount the "whimsy factor" that will be there in spades for Zeruda.
yar

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #739 on: June 01, 2015, 11:51:00 AM »
I wonder how many people complaining are excited for a barely Xbox 360 level Zelda that will attempt but almost assuredly fail at all the things this game succeeds in?

Probably a bunch.

Can't discount the "whimsy factor" that will be there in spades for Zeruda.

lol "whimsy"

It's funny because it's true!
YMMV

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #740 on: June 01, 2015, 12:29:46 PM »

Probably a bunch.

maybe they'll mark the edge of the map with impossibly huge mountains or an ocean where a monster eats you if you swim out too far
dog

studyguy

« Reply #741 on: June 01, 2015, 12:56:08 PM »
I actually finished most of Velen's sidequest shit aside from the stuff that outranks me in level.
I managed to off some level 20+ quests at my current 14 through a ton of work. The level 26 vampire in Oxenfurt was my best one. Enhanced Oils + Oil poison ability= :lawd

Manage to get a poison on the enemy and it his them for thousands, just absolutely rekts.
Just need to make sure you don't get hit cause it's one shot KO at that level.
pause

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #742 on: June 01, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »
Yeah, if you're properly prepared you can chew through a monster a few levels higher than you pretty fast. I thought for sure I was gonna get got at least a couple times by the white lady, but I blasted through that in about twenty seconds.
sup

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #743 on: June 01, 2015, 01:36:16 PM »
Looks like when I fight monsters, Igni turns into a stream. When I fight humans, it's a wave. I think I prefer the wave since I have a greater blue mutagen and get 30% sign intensity. Is there anyway to keep it just a wave?
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #744 on: June 01, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »
So apparently the next patch (with the xp bug fix) is gonna hit tomorrow or Wednesday.

It's weird- I've done some other quests since and gotten xp rewards. And the ones I'm NOT getting rewards for are quests that are NOT six levels below me. So, no clue what's happening or how they fix it since it seems to be totally arbitrary.

In the meantime, I think I'm gonna push on. I'll just save frequently and if I don't get rewarded for a particular quest, I'll leave it off and work on a new one.

:yeshrug
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #745 on: June 01, 2015, 01:44:47 PM »
Considering buying the respec potion to make a more sign heavy build :yeshrug

One of the things I did over the Great XP Bug Weekend was find every single place of power, so ability wise my now Lv 17 Geralt is pretty much a combat wrecking ball. Put it all into Fast attack other than a few other skills to unlock higher ranks, and the 2nd level of Igni anyway.

I'd be interested to try an alchemy heavy build, tbh.
yar

studyguy

« Reply #746 on: June 01, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »
Only magic I have is 2 points in Axii for delusions in conversations.
So far I have 3 Physical, 3 Potion
I might as well make the 3rd group Magic, dem mutagen buffs :lawd

pause

sarslip

« Reply #747 on: June 01, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »
im going basically all in on potion, good to hear the poison one is good, i maxed it out.

my axii has a couple points too, cause you need dem convo options,

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #748 on: June 01, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »
Is the XP bug all xp? Becuase I think I'm still getting XP.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #749 on: June 01, 2015, 03:55:22 PM »
Is the XP bug all xp? Becuase I think I'm still getting XP.

So, apparently the xp bug is- you don't get xp for quests 6 levels below your current level. However, I personally wasn't getting xp for quests 2-3 levels below mine, which is shitty. Also supposedly, it only applied to quests you'd picked up recently and not older quests; again, this was not my personal experience.

So, at this point, who knows.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #750 on: June 01, 2015, 03:56:54 PM »
It's very weird. It seems to kick in when you outlevel certain quests, and then it somehow ripples throughout other quests, whether you outlevel them or not. On my end it stopped once I reached Skellige. I keep eyeing the log and got XP for every quest so far.

Here's a more detailed attempt at an explanation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/37r3t4/seems_like_a_lot_of_people_dont_understand_the_xp/

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #751 on: June 01, 2015, 04:06:06 PM »
Considering buying the respec potion to make a more sign heavy build :yeshrug

How much is it?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #752 on: June 01, 2015, 04:10:22 PM »
Thats like selling 2 swords and some gloves money. Ain't shit.

studyguy

« Reply #753 on: June 01, 2015, 04:11:43 PM »
After a certain level, rare gloves and shit sells for a couple hundred. It's pretty nuts.
pause

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #754 on: June 01, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »
Yeah, I'm swimming in money now. Got almost 30k on me. Nothing to spend it on besides cards, recipes, repairs and crafting. I don't think I've ever put on non-Witcher gear. Doesn't help that the levels are all over the place, but it is striking nonetheless. I hope the Harpy silver sword is worth crafting at least, but I suspect whatever strongest Witcher sword there is will outshine it in some way.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #756 on: June 01, 2015, 04:47:28 PM »

:neogaf DAT SALT
yar

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #757 on: June 01, 2015, 04:49:22 PM »

dudes get the game, hop on Roach and go looking for lo-res textures instead of quests :neogaf

White Orchard.
He is bitching about White Orchard.

The tutorial essentially, isn't big enough for his taste.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #758 on: June 01, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »
Do people come to action rpgs for in depth combat? I mean Witcher 2 was also tons of rolling. I don't know I've found the combat pretty fun.  It's a lot slashing yes, but there's plenty of paying attention so you can easily dodge and then find yourself behind enemies to attack them. The reviewer complained about holding down the button to block? Um yes, that's how pretty much every action game does it's things. You usually hold to block button to block...

But the parry system is also timing based. Sure, the window to parry swords is very forgiving, but it's pretty fun. It's clear they took inspiration for the souls games. This for sure feels more involved then W2.

I also don't think the magic is useless. I don't know if magic was more useful in W2 or if thier are builds more for magic. Pretty much all the magic has useses in combat. Clearly fire you know hurt people but also good at staggering, but the force push one is very useful for crowd control and isolating one target that you want to kill, and the telepathic one is great at fighting wraiths as it stops them from teleporting. The magic to me is more of an assistant in combat and it works really well.

The rest of that review is pretty useless. The use of zones dosen't make it less open world, especially when the zones are huge. The horse dosen't actually go where you want, it follows the road system which is good because it dosen't lose stamina and is there to just cut down some tedium, but it dosen't actually say follow the quest route or anything.

I don't see the problem with being able loot everything. I mean Skyrim does that shit. It's a fucking rpg for Christ sake, they all do this. It's a game. It's not a life simulator.

I don't know. I think the game is fantastic.

sarslip

« Reply #759 on: June 01, 2015, 05:32:15 PM »

White Orchard.
He is bitching about White Orchard.

The tutorial essentially, isn't big enough for his taste.

just realized (based on his screenshot) that he was playing with no hud, at all.  :neogaf

i turned off the map in the tutorial area and hit an invisible wall wtf CDPR??!! :heh

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #760 on: June 02, 2015, 02:12:43 AM »
Thats the kind of person that thinks Transformers 2 > Terminator 2

"there are only two robots and they look human? Transformers 2 is an EPIC robot saga"

mjemirzian

« Reply #761 on: June 02, 2015, 09:59:33 AM »
Playing on death march and loving it. :P Magic, potions, oils, and bombs are very useful in this mode, not sure what the complaints are about.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #762 on: June 02, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »
I switched briefly, then got wrecked by level 18 Drowners at level 21 and scurried back to Blood Something Something* again.

I actually know what it's called, but felt wrong typing it out. Is this what Kara-kun feels? :goty2
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #763 on: June 02, 2015, 10:06:59 AM »
I switched briefly, then got wrecked by level 18 Drowners at level 21 and scurried back to Blood Something Something* again.

I actually know what it's called, but felt wrong typing it out. Is this what Kara-kun feels? :goty2
[close]

Is... is that even possible?
[close]
yar

El Babua

« Reply #764 on: June 02, 2015, 11:37:07 AM »
Fucking hell, ran into a progression but in the Pyres of Novigrad quest.

Apparently the one I encountered isn't even the bug most people are having trouble with.  :lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #765 on: June 02, 2015, 12:11:52 PM »

Apparently the one I encountered isn't even the bug most people are having trouble with.  :lol
Ouch. Patch could be out tomorrow, hope it fixes your issue too.

Brehvolution

« Reply #766 on: June 02, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »
My boy is home sick today. :fbm
A couple of more hours of W3 for me  :cody
[close]
©ZH

El Babua

« Reply #767 on: June 02, 2015, 01:18:07 PM »

Ouch. Patch could be out tomorrow, hope it fixes your issue too.

Yep, hopefully.

Gonna be indulging in sidequests in the meantime. :rejoice

Brehvolution

« Reply #768 on: June 02, 2015, 04:12:20 PM »
Sorry Menge.
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #769 on: June 02, 2015, 06:37:40 PM »
Sorry Menge.

Did you let that scene play out to its conclusion, or did you cut it off early?
[close]
dog

Brehvolution

« Reply #770 on: June 02, 2015, 06:50:24 PM »
Sorry Menge.

[close]

I told the guards to keep their hands of Triss and it was a fight from there. Never actually talked to him.
[close]
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #771 on: June 02, 2015, 06:53:36 PM »
Sorry Menge.

[close]

I told the guards to keep their hands of Triss and it was a fight from there. Never actually talked to him.
[close]

If you play it cool, eventually you get to talk to Menge while Triss gets tortured in the other room. If you avoid mentioning the treasure, Menge will eventually tell you where Dandelion is being held, but won't agree to let him go. He then takes you into the other room where Triss is, but she's already broken free and uses the opportunity to put a knife through Menge's neck. It was a pretty satisfying conclusion.

Sorry, Triss.
[close]
dog

Brehvolution

« Reply #772 on: June 02, 2015, 07:02:44 PM »
Sorry Menge.

[close]

[close]

If you play it cool, eventually you get to talk to Menge while Triss gets tortured in the other room. If you avoid mentioning the treasure, Menge will eventually tell you where Dandelion is being held, but won't agree to let him go. He then takes you into the other room where Triss is, but she's already broken free and uses the opportunity to put a knife through Menge's neck. It was a pretty satisfying conclusion.

Sorry, Triss.
[close]

I ended up finding out where Dandelion is from Triss torturing the spy. That will be something I'll have to try on my next play through.
[close]
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #773 on: June 02, 2015, 07:31:42 PM »
She doesn't feel too great about torturing the spy either. :shaq2

I dropped the charade right before Menge's office. Now to wait for an even more twisted bastard to take his place, right? :goty2
[close]

---

Finally found a gold sink: crafting runes. The blanks need black pearl dust and the finished runes jewel dust matching their colour. Adds up really quick. Probably best to just buy them.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #774 on: June 02, 2015, 07:59:07 PM »
Where do you craft runes at?
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #775 on: June 02, 2015, 08:13:19 PM »
Both kinds of smiths can do it. The blanks are under crafting components, and the runes are under upgrades. Not sure if you need a recipe for the blanks.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #776 on: June 02, 2015, 09:42:23 PM »
Really, really hate walking around Novigrad buildings for five minutes trying to find an entrance so I can get to the fucking map marker
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #777 on: June 02, 2015, 09:55:11 PM »
Really, really hate walking around Novigrad buildings for five minutes trying to find an entrance so I can get to the fucking map marker

The map definitely needs indicators for doors that can be opened.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #778 on: June 02, 2015, 09:57:39 PM »
They should also leave the shop markers, so what if the blacksmith left to take a piss, it's not like he took his fucking anvil with him
sup

sarslip

« Reply #779 on: June 02, 2015, 10:32:05 PM »
one of the blacksmiths straight up wont talk to me, just bangs away on a never ending sword  :-\