Author Topic: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT  (Read 196395 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Re: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT
« Reply #840 on: June 06, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »
i think i will, probably be an interesting journey
sup

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #841 on: June 06, 2015, 03:22:43 PM »
They all upgrade too so if you have one you really like hold on to it. Or be like me and hold onto all of them.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #842 on: June 06, 2015, 03:50:44 PM »
sup

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #843 on: June 06, 2015, 04:05:39 PM »
This happened when I made a visit to a brothel. Guess Geralt had performance anxiety or something.

:nsfw ish
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
yar

fizzel

« Reply #844 on: June 06, 2015, 04:22:18 PM »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #845 on: June 06, 2015, 05:37:33 PM »
I didn't expect going to find the Witch during the Bloody Baron set of quests would end of being such a lengthy ordeal. And then after it's finished there's an entire side quest that branches off of it? Dang.

I did find a cool silver sword out of a chest near the end so that was cool.

The Wild Hunt dude was a little difficult. I ended up using Axii + strong attack to take him down. I like that they've managed to make the different powers actually worthwhile this time.
nat

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #846 on: June 06, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »
Lornuk

Gonna google this cause its doing my head in

Edit:  lol i knew it, so.stupid cause i disovered this ages ago
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:43:54 PM by Premium Lager »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #847 on: June 06, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
They all upgrade too so if you have one you really like hold on to it. Or be like me and hold onto all of them.
I lug all of them around too. Constantly at 120/140 weight. It's not like I need money at this point, so I leave most stuff where it is, but still.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #848 on: June 06, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »
really getting tired of trying to hunt down/meditate and wait for blacksmiths and armorers. how could they have possibly thought that would be fun
sup

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #849 on: June 06, 2015, 10:33:26 PM »
The patch didn't help in that regard. That ass in Kaer Trolde still ignores me for the majority of the day.

I also found a guy called Bjorn in Feyrlund (?) who I'm pretty sure is someone I've rescued from bandits. These events pay out for a trinket and a bit of XP if you talk to the hostage once they're safe at home, but this fuck doesn't have the prompt. I've had this happen twice in Velen too, but the people in question eventually spoke. This guy is just stuck in NPC limbo.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #850 on: June 07, 2015, 12:16:37 AM »
Geralt kinda controls like ass; not very responsive. I mean, not RE tank level control level shitty, but definitely struggle worthy.

Still, completely hooked on this game. I think Skellige might be my favorite area in any video game, ever. Just fucking gorgeous, and full of asshole viking types.

yar

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #851 on: June 07, 2015, 12:32:39 AM »
I haven't been yet, but I took a sidequest where i had to run a bunch of skelligers out of a whorehouse. They were all missing teeth :lol
sup

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #852 on: June 07, 2015, 06:25:35 AM »
I've been gobbling up the smuggler's stashes around Skellige because I'm a compulsive idiot* and the swimming controls are massively improved. Geralt just doesn't do any unnecessary rolls now if you touch anything but W/forward. The animators went a bit wild there, just because they could.

*One of them had a Superior Hanged Man's recipe, so I've got a small hope to find more, but mostly compulsion.

sarslip

« Reply #853 on: June 07, 2015, 06:32:49 AM »
havent played in a while, really nice day out today, wont let that stop me

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #854 on: June 07, 2015, 09:53:25 AM »
Am I the only one who just ran around around rather than riding a horse? I feel like the horse is too fast and I'll miss something, lousy OCD

Managed to get near 60fps at 1440p by putting shadows to low. They're still good, just not as soft as the higher levels
itm

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #855 on: June 07, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »
I stay on foot a lot, too, same reason. Especially in Velen. I ride around more in Skellige, because there's not that much you can miss. I think I'm almost done with all the side content. Already feeling wistful. Dis gaem. ;_;

One thing to know about Roach if you do ride around a lot: she doesn't lose stamina if you stay on the roads, so you can gallop at your heart's content.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:34:19 PM by Rufus »

fizzel

« Reply #856 on: June 07, 2015, 06:42:16 PM »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #857 on: June 07, 2015, 07:29:54 PM »
Finished the Pellar's quest.  :lol
nat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #858 on: June 07, 2015, 08:35:42 PM »
Found all the feline armor

My ugly grandma blanket is better  :beli
sup

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #859 on: June 07, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »
Upgrade time. The Witcher stuff can all be upgraded three times.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #860 on: June 07, 2015, 08:38:55 PM »
First feline armor is struggle tier looking, upgrading to enhanced improves things though
yar

sarslip

« Reply #861 on: June 07, 2015, 09:20:27 PM »
I mean, just look at this shit:

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like something his grandma made him out of an old blanket

"take a picture of yourself when you're out there witchin' so i can see you wearing it, honey"

:dead

looks like the back of a quilt with a steel drum stapled to the front

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #862 on: June 08, 2015, 01:48:26 AM »
This is the Superior Feline armor. Geralt finally upgraded to sleeves, which is nice.

yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #863 on: June 08, 2015, 02:04:30 AM »
Getting to the endgame, brehs.

This is probably gonna be a top 10 of all time. Dat Polish excellence.
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #864 on: June 08, 2015, 05:15:05 AM »
I got some Feline stuff now, the treasure hunts are actually really really fun.

Not using Feline gloves as my Assassins Gloves (relic) have +10% crit chance :drool which will be impossible to replace

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #865 on: June 08, 2015, 07:02:42 AM »
How does one even upgrade armor/weapons? Will it increase it's durability?
nat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #866 on: June 08, 2015, 07:22:39 AM »
How does one even upgrade armor/weapons? Will it increase it's durability?
You find the upgrade recipe, which incorporates the piece from the previous tier into the recipe, so hang onto the normal feline armour to make the advanced, etc. You can only upgrade Witcher gear though. Durability is always the same, I think, wear and tear just depends on how often you get hit or have to use your sword.

The only things I repair are my swords and maybe my chest armour. The rest never gets damaged enough for me to break out my repair kits in the middle of a forest. I have the next best smith repair everything in one go.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #867 on: June 08, 2015, 04:07:28 PM »
Just played the best main mission in the game:

you play as both Geralt and Ciri in two boss fights. One where it's Ciri against the Crones and the other is Geralt vs. a guy from the Wilde Hunt. Actually badass cut scenes as a lead up and end to both. The Wilde Hunt guy was cool as shit with all sorts of succubus bitches around him as he lounged like Shao Kahn. Just metal as fuck.

I regret killing Keira :tocry she would have been really helpful with contacting the sisters of the lodge
[close]

I did that last night, and while the fights were awesome (especially Geralt murking Immoreth or whatever his name is by Igni'ing him in the face and then splattering his charred head in with dude's own mace) I thought the lead up to it was dumb. There's a certain level of unbelievability to making the Wild Hunt out to be this weird alien force, and then it's all "oh no, one of their generals likes to vacation with the crones and get crunk, let's go fuck his shit up."

Also, if you had let Keira live and convinced her to go to Kaer Morhan, she would have helped with the battle against the Wild Hunt and ended up hooking up with Lambert. BUT TOO BAD YOU'RE A FUCKING MONSTER, WRATH.
[close]
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #868 on: June 08, 2015, 04:21:10 PM »
did getting Lambart pussy on the reg stop his constant bitching? This would make starting a new save right away worth it alone.
[close]

Hahahhahahahaha

no.
[close]
yar

drew

• sy
« Reply #869 on: June 08, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »
was right about to go get this then i found out its next gen only, oh well i don't have the time to play this anyway :(

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #870 on: June 08, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »
Got the full feline set now, looks a milliom times better then the other stuff in game, even with no sleeves.

Dps went up like 20% too with the new swords.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #871 on: June 08, 2015, 06:20:50 PM »
Man, when you finally find her. :tocry

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #872 on: June 08, 2015, 06:22:46 PM »
Right in the feels. :tocry
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #873 on: June 08, 2015, 10:22:05 PM »
One of the things that I was disappointed about with The Witcher 2 was that it felt like they had to skimp on the content relative to original game. I mean, I put a good bit of time into it, but it topped out at about 30 hours, aside from taking the alternate route at the end of the first major section. So far, I've played The Witcher 3 for 45 hours and I still haven't once ventured into the second major zone of the game because there's still a ton of stuff left to do in the first zone. There's just so many quests, both major and minor, and I keep finding more and more to do. And it's all really well made, none of that "collect ten widgets" MMO quests, but real content with story and lore to go along with it.

It puts to shame virtually every other major RPG released in the past fifteen years, with very few exceptions.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #874 on: June 08, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »
Took out a royal wyvern yesterday. That trophy head hanging off my horse is ridiculously huge, but I felt like a badass and I wanted every one of those Moe haircut motherfuckers in that village to see it. Spit at me, dirtperson? I'll put your snaggletoothed cockholster on the other side of this saddle next.
sup

El Babua

« Reply #875 on: June 09, 2015, 02:59:55 AM »
One of the things that I was disappointed about with The Witcher 2 was that it felt like they had to skimp on the content relative to original game. I mean, I put a good bit of time into it, but it topped out at about 30 hours, aside from taking the alternate route at the end of the first major section. So far, I've played The Witcher 3 for 45 hours and I still haven't once ventured into the second major zone of the game because there's still a ton of stuff left to do in the first zone. There's just so many quests, both major and minor, and I keep finding more and more to do. And it's all really well made, none of that "collect ten widgets" MMO quests, but real content with story and lore to go along with it.

It puts to shame virtually every other major RPG released in the past fifteen years, with very few exceptions.

When I first popped in the game, after reaching the main village in White Orchard, seeing the trees swaying in the wind with all the villagers going about their lives - I got this feeling that this is finally gonna be the closest I've gotten to a true 3D adaptation of my old school content rich CRPG's. After almost 30 hours and doing only around 1/3 of the content I have available in my menu, I was not wrong. :rejoice

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #876 on: June 09, 2015, 03:05:15 AM »
I'm actually really scared for Cyberpunk now because I don't see how it could be any better than this and I tend to favor scifi moreso

:brazilcry

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #877 on: June 09, 2015, 04:27:13 AM »
Dat OST is on point too. Faves?
The Gaelic/Slavic singing one is pretty nice.

I'm actually really scared for Cyberpunk now because I don't see how it could be any better than this and I tend to favor scifi moreso

:brazilcry

Just trust in Poland.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #878 on: June 09, 2015, 05:38:15 AM »
Something you guys may not appreciate is how this game nails the feel of the countryside in Poland.

Something about the light and the gentle hills and everything reminds me of summers there as a kid, the look of the streams and the sandy shores, it's all there as in my memories.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #879 on: June 09, 2015, 06:09:57 AM »
Getting some mad motion sickness from this game :(

Going shelve it until there's a FOV mod
itm

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #880 on: June 09, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »
Getting some mad motion sickness from this game :(

Going shelve it until there's a FOV mod
Try locking the framerate with RivaTuner Statistics Server (it's bundled into MSI Afterburner, but I think there's a separate download on guru3d). Frametimes are very uneven with the built in limiter. Turn off in-game vsync too and force it through your GPU drivers.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #881 on: June 09, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »
4 million copies sold in first two weeks

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #882 on: June 09, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
If I play this game do I have to pay attention to what anyone says, or give a fuck about the plot at all?  This is serious talk, because if I do no sale.
vin

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #883 on: June 09, 2015, 02:21:22 PM »
Gross
vin

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #884 on: June 09, 2015, 03:01:25 PM »
No, just fuck bitches and be a dick to everyone.
©@©™

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #885 on: June 09, 2015, 06:16:59 PM »
Yeah, but it's good writing. I have not cringed once.  Also there's a guy named Dudu.
sup

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #886 on: June 09, 2015, 08:39:01 PM »
If I play this game do I have to pay attention to what anyone says, or give a fuck about the plot at all?  This is serious talk, because if I do no sale.

i haven't. it's just grr martin x tolkien trope feggitry with a hopelessly dorky patina of contrived neckbeard grimdark. better than moeblobs, but still eminently ignorable. i blame polacks.
duc

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #887 on: June 09, 2015, 08:47:26 PM »
I've (re-)upped the difficulty to Death March to keep the combat interesting. Fucked up difficulty curves are a CDPR hallmark, it seems. :goty2

I'm nearing the end now and the entire progression (difficulty, levels and loot) is just weird. Seeing how the numbers play out now I'm not sure the XP bug ever existed. It's probably just CDPR awkwardly capping your level so you don't outpace the main quest, instead of scaling enemy levels. ??? The way it is now you'd essentially have to make informed decisions to keep things even, as if you were playing a linear game. Main quest, side quests in immediate area (and only the ones you can actually do straight away), main quest, and so on.

The loot is jumbled too, specifically quest rewards, which don't seem to scale to your level. But then I also picked up a sword diagram with a level requirement of 47. ??? Or maybe I'm just not remembering right and/or able to place the relative worth of stuff, because I crafted Witcher gear so early and stuck to it. Which is strangely easy to get, considering it was supposed to be tied to difficult monster contracts...

All of this has the distinct whiff of a band-aid solution to it. Either that, or they didn't expect people to play an open world game like an open world game...

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #888 on: June 09, 2015, 11:01:02 PM »
Yeah, I got a few sword diagrams for level 40's range.

Loot is kinda whack but the relic stuff you loot has potential for better bonuses than what you can craft by a fair bit.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #889 on: June 10, 2015, 12:34:05 AM »
Been finding lvl 25+ gear since like lvl 9. Areas in general kinda weird. You might have a big skull boss under a tree, but then everything else around it is like lvl 12 shit then theres one more cave with another a skull asshole in it. Guess it's just to make sure you come back etc.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #890 on: June 10, 2015, 12:43:58 AM »
Got no time but I couldn't ignore the praise, especially for $42 at Target.

Jumping into this and hopefully I put a big enough dent into it before I fly out to LA. Will be chatting up the CD Projekt RED guys for sure.

« Reply #891 on: June 10, 2015, 12:46:27 AM »

that's more or less the primary appeal of this game.

Yeah. I mean, I promise that I'll never be one of those "games are art" assholes that held a grudge against Ebert for calling vidya games trash. So, I'm not going to go to bat for this and insist that it'll win you over. If you just absolutely hate story in video games, then this probably won't change your mind. But I honestly feel -- and this might seem like feint praise (which I'm okay with) -- that the Witcher does storytelling in games about as well as I can imagine it being done in a video game world where you're a monster slayer who is in a love triangle with sorceresses and there's racism against elves and dwarves. If you like the idea at all of having moral choices in a video game but lament that those choices are often "you encounter a puppy: do you A.) care for it until you find a good home for it or B.) kick it," then this is as good as I've seen at making choice and role-playing seem interesting.

But at the end of the day it's still a video game and it's still just a fantasy world and Van Cruncheon isn't wrong. So, I'm not going to try and sell you on this being the Citizen Kane of gaming.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #892 on: June 10, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »
look who's stanning for polacks  :badass
duc

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #893 on: June 10, 2015, 12:59:12 PM »
yar

« Reply #894 on: June 10, 2015, 01:03:32 PM »
Playing last night, I actually found myself struggling with how to handle the Now or Never questline re: Triss. This game actually has me invested in Geralt's love life. I don't know if that's a testament to the game's writing or an indication that something has gone terribly wrong with my life given that I actually give a shit about which sorceress a professional monster killer is banging, but I'm willing to put good money on it being the latter.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #895 on: June 10, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
Drinky, I don't appreciate the subtle racism you've injected into this beautiful thread. :bolo
dog

El Babua

« Reply #896 on: June 10, 2015, 01:23:34 PM »
Playing last night, I actually found myself struggling with how to handle the Now or Never questline re: Triss. This game actually has me invested in Geralt's love life. I don't know if that's a testament to the game's writing or an indication that something has gone terribly wrong with my life given that I actually give a shit about which sorceress a professional monster killer is banging, but I'm willing to put good money on it being the latter.

Acting like this is your first waifu game? C'mon breh.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #897 on: June 10, 2015, 01:25:43 PM »
After I did the first questline with Kiera I explored a bit and found Fyke island and all the spooky ghosts. Thought it was p cool, just a cool spooky place, nbd.

Then I went back to Kiera later on and got her second questline and she was like "Let me tell you about this haunted island."

And to my surprise Geralt was all "Yeah, been there, wasn't so bad, nbd"

The fact that he totally acknowledge that I found the place was really impressive to me.
nat

sarslip

« Reply #898 on: June 10, 2015, 01:45:06 PM »
so the game does do that, cuz a similar situation happened to me  :ohhh

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #899 on: June 10, 2015, 01:57:11 PM »
Yeah, the game will definitely do that. I've come across contract monsters without first finding the contract, killed them, then a quest will pop up saying "talk to so and so for you reward." Geralt walks into town, talks to the person who is all "let me tell you about this monster" and Geralt will be all "yeah bro, murked him for you, make with the payment."
yar