Author Topic: Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess tour 2013 - returning to UK and Eurofegs  (Read 657 times)

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/February/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Symphony-of-the-Goddesses-descends-on-Europe-in-May-2013--720226.html

Based on One of the Most Popular and Beloved Games of All Time, Breathtaking Concert “The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses” Adds Dates for European Tour
(San Francisco, CA) February 4, 2013 – “The Legend of Zelda™: Symphony of the Goddesses”, a spectacular concert tour featuring live orchestral performances of theme music from Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda franchise, will add European cities to its 2013 tour schedule. The concert will be performed in London at the Hammersmith Apollo on May 23rd, 2013, Paris at the Palais de Congres on May 25th, 2013 and Berlin at the Tempodrom on May 28th, 2013.

Who's going? I sat next to a large girl who started crying last year. Getting nerd chills when they burst into the LTTP Dark World theme was one of the highlights of my 2012. Which might be sad, but instead of killing myself I've decided to go again and this time take a ladyfriend.

Stalls look like they've gone already (they were cheap), £38 for circle ceating, £62 for superior circle seats. Highly recommend it. 

This was fucking amazing in London tonight... watch out for bootlegs

Crowd gave them standing ovations whenever they tried to finish the set, so we got several encores - including special Links Awakening and Majora's Mask pieces. Atmosphere was really buzzing... I had a ticket for a friend who couldn't come, so BGBW (from GAF) got a freebie. Really good concert...

I hadn't read any of the reviews of the other tour dates, so I didn't realise they were doing different stuff from the 25th anniversary concert and CD. The new Ocarina and Link to the Past medleys were fucking sweet... I play piano, and one of my favourite pieces to play is the end credits theme from Link to the Past. To hear that same theme with added bombast and the backing of the Royal Philharmonic orchestra and Choir was mind blowing.

The last encore was Ballad of the Windfish from Links Awakening...

They still have other dates in Paris, Berlin, Atlanta, San Fran, LA, Montreal, Austin, PA, Baltimore, Toronto, Seattle, Grand Rapids:
http://zelda-symphony.com/schedule

If you can go, go.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I went to the one in Orlando last year. I am going to Grand Rapids later this year, when tickets are available.
fat

Did you fly to the one in Orlando or drive? Seems quite a distance between there and Grand Rapids!... The Toronto, Seattle and Grand Rapids dates could be more interesting if Nintendo get involved, those tour dates will probably coincide with a push to sell new Zelda game(s) later in the year.

That was the only thing missing from this years London gig - no Aonuma or Kondo. Otherwise, it was probably better than the last! Hearing the WW stuff again and watching the footage really got me thinking about the prospect of playing a much nicer looking, polished Wind Waker this year too... I've not been thinking much about this gig at all, and it was such a nice surprise how good it was