Author Topic: Zen Pinball 2 (Wii U / PS3 / Vita) & Pinball FX (360)  (Read 664 times)

Zen Pinball 2 (Wii U / PS3 / Vita) & Pinball FX (360)
« on: February 16, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »
I've never played a pinball game or pinball machine in my life, but as this was F2P on Wii U I decided to give it a go... its fuckin' awesome. Are real pinball machines this fun? I mean, aside from the fact you have to put money in 'em, obviously...

I found the old Pinball FX 2 thread for 360, I know a lot of tables for this have come out for that too -- so who's still playing?

Marvel's Fear Itself table is probably my favourite so far... plenty of cool jackpot and multiball opportunities by summoning different members of The Worthy, and a cool breakout style minigame with The Serpent / Cul

Also looking forward to these this month!

Pleasantly surprised, even picked up Zen Pinball 3D on 3DS... are the smartphone games any good?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:14:17 PM by radioheadrule83 »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Re: Zen Pinball 2 (Wii U / PS3 / Vita) & Pinball FX (360)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »
Pinball Hall of Fame just released FIREPOWER and the so-cheesy-it's-sexy DR. DUDE

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »
I'm kind of tired of Zen's tables.  The physics are weird, the rules lack variety, they use the same two or three voice actors for every table, and the tables really lack unique gimmicks.  Even with all their fuck-ups, at the end of the day, Pinball Arcade runs circles around these guys.

I suppose I haven't really played enough to have any complaints, but I've enjoyed what I've played

Which systems do you have Pinball Arcade for? I have pretty much everything and wouldn't mind giving it a try

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:05:32 PM »
If you have the option, pick up Pinball Hall of Fame. Dont know if its available in UK.

Real Pinball Machines are way fun, they just dont have the luxury as you said of throwing coins in the machine. Just means your higher scores have that much more value.
fat

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:33:37 PM »
Get iOS. No lag, you get the tables the day they're released, and it looks insane on any Retina display.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
Im just glad theyre finally done with the Marvel stuff- was getting a little silly
o_0