Author Topic: State of Decay  (Read 12887 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: State of Decay (Now on Steam Early Access)
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2013, 03:10:26 AM »
How are the graphics compared to the Xbox 360 version of the game?

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2013, 06:43:59 AM »
Is there a PS3 version?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2013, 07:06:35 AM »
LOLno

Microsoft Studios published... I suspect part of the agreement is "no Sony."

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »
Will check it out on Steam then maybe.

Isn't that other zombie game that was mod to Arma supposed to come out soon?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2013, 08:41:53 PM »
Just beat this today, took me right at about 13 hours although there's still things that I can do to extend that out. Overall, I'm very satisfied with what they delivered, but there's plenty of room for improvement with a sequel. Mainly, they need to flesh out the NPCs, only one or two had any kind of unique quests, maybe add some variety to the morale quests [those got really tedious after a while]. I also think they could make vehicles more of a premium item, have less of them around and make them require more maintenance and upkeep, but balance it by providing alternate means of transportation like bicycles.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
Yes, yes to all of that.

In Dead Rush, they mentioned that the vehicles would require upkeep, repairs, and could be modified. Adding a "Mechanic" skill and a "Garage" unit option for Home Base, they could really get some mileage (pardon the pun) from using cars as a resource, similarly to how Ammo and Materials play a role.

I found Fuel was completely useless as a resource, and building a garden or farm meant that Food was never a problem. Materials and Ammo were always in short supply.

I'd also like to see more human antagonists, and even potentially have to fend off raids by other humans, though I know programming another entirely different AI behavior would be hard. I'm guessing that'll be covered by the next version of the game, which is planned as an MMO.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2013, 08:57:50 PM »
I almost never actually went out and got food, medicine, ammo, or fuel, as I always seemed to have those in abundance. Within the first hour of getting to the church, the only thing I really focused on getting was materials. That's something they need to focus on, making each resource vital in its own way.

I'm guessing that'll be covered by the next version of the game, which is planned as an MMO.

Meh, that doesn't interest me at all.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2014, 09:01:21 PM »
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/State-of-Decay-Breakdown/

SoD's Breakdown DLC is part of the Spring Sale on XBLM for US$3.5

I should probably bag this, but my HDD has NO ROOM ON IT.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Re: State of Decay
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2014, 10:14:10 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2014, 11:22:51 AM »
Wow! I hadn't yet heard anything about this new DLC. Looks like fun... though I'm still watching it and don't see how it's different from my as-yet-unplayed Breakdown DLC.

I'd just assumed they were working on their Phase 2 or Phase 3 online MMO zombie thing.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2014, 09:40:49 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2014, 01:42:32 AM »
Yes! YES YES YES!

Very excited.

Stoney Mason

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2021, 11:12:59 PM »
I'm enjoying this game's sequel enough that I'm doing a thematically appropriate "WWWWWWISE FWOM YO' GWAVE" on this thread.
/necromancy

I re-read this whole thread, and I'd forgotten more about the first game than I thought. There are a tremendous number of changes in the sequel. Some are good, some less so.

I'm still making my first SOD2 run, and "bad mistakes; I've made a few, but then again, too few to mention..." Nothing on the scale of losing Marcus early in the first game, and it generally feels easier than the first game, while actually having more simulation complexity added to it. There are numerous facilities that can be constructed, each of which have costs and prerequisites. Character skills determine how well each facility can be used, and community skills also have a specialization which further tailors gameplay experience.

My impression from the first game was that Survivor PCs were primarily randomized from datasets. There are more elements of backstory and tied together traits, which makes it feel like PCs are bespoke, though a few are significantly more special than others.

Huge amounts of content. There are several maps on which to start. I'm not sure if unlocking "exit points" to the current map is the end-game  process, or if my current community will have access to those other maps. There are other modes which play differently from the default one. Many players on Reddit felt that the "higher difficulty" of the later content was disappointing, as some of them play the game on Lethal difficulty consistently.  I'm feeling enough of a challenge keeping it on default -- though it is easier than SOD1.

I'll continue to post thoughts here. Did anyone else pick this up? Did I miss a SOD2 thread at some point?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2021, 09:50:28 AM »
Played about an hour and half today and I'm really loving this game.

Theres coop right? I have a good community but a shitty base.

The other day I played like an hour and had to do a mission across the entire map. I drove there in my car and when I was getting back it was all fucked up, smoking and shit.
Then after professionally dodging zombies for 5 minutes the car ran out of gas, and I had to walk back with my two best characters.

Thankfully they didnt die! Had some blood plague but nothing serious.
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2021, 09:46:17 PM »
I necro'd the thread, so you're responding to a post from 2013, and the previous version of the game.

SOD2 has co-op.

Cars have shitty mileage, and are made from tissue paper. Using the rear bumper for smashing helps. Using your car door to smash prevents engine damage as well. Passengers will also use their doors.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2021, 05:11:03 AM »
Lol I didnt see I was responding to a 2013 post lmao 🤣
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2021, 05:47:09 AM »
STATE OF DECAY 2 was on sale on EGS, so when I looked at the price, I still had a credit voucher, so I paid $11 for the full JUGGERNAUT version of the game on PC. Had to login with XBox Live in addition to being on EGS account.

I’m gonna eat!
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or be repeatedly eaten.
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2021, 06:31:14 AM »
Egs 🤢. But oh well at least you have a great game now. Is there crossplay on pc from MS store to EGS? I also have the Juggernaut edition 😎
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2021, 09:55:45 PM »