Author Topic: So who is ever flying in an airplane again?  (Read 2863 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
So who is ever flying in an airplane again?
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:01:34 AM »
Im not. Its not about the attempts really, its about convenience. It is simply not convenient for me to fly anywhere anymore.

I mean you get to the airport ahead years ago and it would serve you well, now when you get there early you find out youre actually late and need to stand in a line where they stick crap near your crotch and make you empty out your shoes.

Then a flight gets delayed cause of a prank threat, then you get to the airport on the otherside and theyre still checking you out.

I mean add this to all the annoying shit that goes on with airlines as it is and you've got a recipie for no fucking way.
o_0

Matlock

Re: So who is ever flying in an airplane again?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »
i'm flying next tuesday

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 10:17:26 AM »
Dont you mean 'Im getting cavity searched' tuesday lolz
o_0

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »
I'm not going to let anyone scare me out of running my life as normally as possible. Plus I'm going to Florida for Halloween and fuck driving there.
boo

MrAngryFace

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 10:31:16 AM »
Well yeah, driving sucks. I've driven from Phoenix to Seattle twice and umm, that was dumb. I think California is one of the most long and boring drives ever.

Flying drives me as nuts in a shorter period of time. I guess it helps everyone I want to know is in Washington.
o_0

heavy liquid

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 10:44:34 AM »
I won't have a problem stepping on a plane if I have to.  Still, hopefully everything will calm down before I fly next.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 10:46:18 AM »
Is it true that they're banning electronics on all flights? (I'm too lazy to Google for it.)
duc

heavy liquid

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 10:50:42 AM »
Is it true that they're banning electronics on all flights? (I'm too lazy to Google for it.)

I listened to a lot of news yesterday, and only heard that they were banning liquids (toothpaste, shampoo, etc).  Haven't listened to much news this morning, though.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 10:52:47 AM »
I think this is some trick to boost the drug store economy!
o_0

smiles-and-cries

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »
I don't want to fly... I may have to fly to Dallas and/or Miami in September though  :(

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 11:45:17 AM »

I think this is just an exaggeration drummed up by the liberal blogosphere.  I did a couple of searches last night and saw nothing of the sort that wasn't blatant speculation. 
serge

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 12:04:29 PM »
We were talking about doing a weekend getaway in a major US city (probably Boston), but I don't know if I want the hassle.

We took a trip to the DR back in spring. and it was a shitty flight home. On our way back, had to leave the resort at 5am for a 10am flight. The plane landed around 2:30. By the time we went through customs and two different luggage pickups, we didn't get into our cars until 5:15. Then still had an hour drive back home.  Ugh.

But what are your options? Driving with the high cost of gas? We drove to Cape Cod and the trip cost 180 dollars in gas one way. Not much of a cost savings and you have to drive 12 1/2 hours (from Ohio).

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »
Stay home -- it rocks!
duc

Nick

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 09:54:25 PM »
I've flown on airplanes about 489583490 times since 9/11.  I never understand phobias against flying.  It's safer than driving.  You figure this: the plane either works or it doesn't, so don't stress the eff out.  Take a nap.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 09:57:23 PM »
I flew about a week after 911. Not a problem for me.

I'd bet my balls that a plane will NEVER be crashed into anything again. Let these assholes hijack another plane again and watch them get ripped apart by everyone onboard the plane :punch

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 10:00:55 PM »

I'd bet my balls that a plane will NEVER be crashed into anything again. Let these assholes hijack another plane again and watch them get ripped apart by everyone onboard the plane :punch
YEAH I LOVED UNITED 93 TOO IT GOT ME SO PUMPED LET'S KILL SOME DARK SKINNED PEOPLE GOING TO THE BATHROOM GRRRR!!!
BKO

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 10:02:22 PM »

YEAH I LOVED UNITED 93 TOO IT GOT MY SO PUMPED LET'S KILL SOME DARK SKINNED PEOPLE GOING TO THE BATHROOM GRRRR!!!
BLOODLUST +15

Diablos

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 10:10:32 PM »
Last time I was on an airplane must've been... summer 2003.

I may go to England next year. You can't drive there. So hell yeah, I will fly again if I must.

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 10:23:28 PM »
Stay home -- it rocks!

yep

now that E3 has been cancelled, I'll officially never have used a plane in life ever

Diablos

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 10:28:01 PM »
Even prior to 9/11 I've always been a little nervous before flying. I dunno, there's just something weird about the fact that it's just you in an airplane and you're all the way up there... nothing else. Different kind of feeling.

That said, the first time I was on an airplane was when I was probably 4 or 5, so it's not like I've ever bailed out of a flight. But flying is not my favorite thing to do.

cloudwalking

• I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND
  • Forum Princess
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 11:56:45 PM »
I fly all the time -- it doesn't faze me in the least. The worst part about flying is being at the fucking ariport. Once you're on the plane, you can sleep the whole damn time if you want.

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 05:40:33 AM »
I'm flying to Hong Kong in 2 days!
HOT

Diablos

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 07:28:21 PM »
I fly all the time -- it doesn't faze me in the least. The worst part about flying is being at the fucking ariport. Once you're on the plane, you can sleep the whole damn time if you want.
Heh, I can never sleep on an airplane. I'm alert at all times. Once I get up in the air, I kind of enjoy it.

I imagine I'd be more like you if I did it all the time -- I'd get used to the takeoff for sure.

Lo-Volt

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 07:51:52 PM »
I usually don't fly, but it never bothered me when I had to do it. What I think would bother me more is the amount of times I'm going to be told "don't do this, don't take that, lift your cheeks and lift your sac for a cavity search." Airports were always frustrating experiences, but now, I don't know how bad that could be for me. (Mag-lev trains = now would be a good time)

DarienA

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 08:46:06 PM »
Im not. Its not about the attempts really, its about convenience. It is simply not convenient for me to fly anywhere anymore.

It's gonna be a wee bit more convenient for me to fly to Vegas in Jan, than drive there.

I really don't get what the big deal is... about the security complaints.

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 09:27:56 PM »
I FEAR riding in airplanes to the core.  Fuck them I don't need to get anywhere IN A RUSH that bad.

xsarien

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 06:37:05 PM »
I hate flying, I'd much rather take a train or drive. But those two options just aren't practical given that most of my travelling is from CA to NYC, so I just try to go to sleep or get lost in TV Land during the flight.

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2006, 06:38:21 PM »
I hate flying, I'd much rather take a train or drive. But those two options just aren't practical given that most of my travelling is from CA to NYC, so I just try to go to sleep or get lost in TV Land during the flight.
QFT
BKO