Author Topic: problems with newegg.com  (Read 737 times)

xnikki118x

• Hanson Defense Force
problems with newegg.com
« on: January 13, 2007, 01:03:57 AM »
My SD card for my digital camera died recently, and I want to order a new one from newegg. I tried last night and today, and it won't accept my credit card because I don't provide them with the 800-number on the back of my card. There is no 800-number on the back of my card. Anyone else ever had problems with them? I've ordered tons of things online with this card with no problems. I only have one card, so using another isn't an option. Thanks in advance. :)
:-*

cloudwalking

• I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND
  • Forum Princess
Re: problems with newegg.com
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 01:08:24 AM »
Is it a bank card? If so, you can give them the 1-800 number for your bank.

If not, try checking your credit card company's website for their 1-800 number.

The reason they ask for it is so that they can call and verify that it's not fraud.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

xnikki118x

• Hanson Defense Force
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 01:16:13 AM »

The reason they ask for it is so that they can call and verify that it's not fraud.

It is, and it has the Visa logo so I can use it wherever Visa is accepted. It's a small credit union though, only open to employees of Wilkes-Barre City and their immediate families (my dad is a firefighter for the city). They don't even have an 800-number. :(

Maybe I'll just have someone else order it for me. Thanks!
:-*

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 01:42:44 AM »
call them, they are pretty helpful, ive used newegg a billion times
萌え~

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 04:14:35 AM »
I almost want to say and try and put any 800-Number that relates to Visa. I used a Simons Gift Card (for Simons Malls but its Visa certified) on Newegg and I used the number on the back that seemed to be for the mall HQ itself (not VISA). I guess, see if Visa has a 1-800 number on their site that you can throw in to fill the needed item.
:9

Diablos

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 12:37:57 PM »

It is, and it has the Visa logo so I can use it wherever Visa is accepted. It's a small credit union though, only open to employees of Wilkes-Barre City and their immediate families (my dad is a firefighter for the city). They don't even have an 800-number. :(

Maybe I'll just have someone else order it for me. Thanks!

Call or e-mail newegg and just be really honest and friendly about the whole situation. Newegg has fantastic customer service, if you explain your situation they will probably let the order go through.