Author Topic: Path of Exile |Loot 3.0|  (Read 22945 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: Path of Exile |Loot 3.0|
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2017, 05:33:17 AM »
 :hyper

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »
One thing I'm curious about is difficulty. Will acts 7-10 be noticeably harder than the previous ones for instance? The Pantheon system they previewed sounds like just another thing to make your character OP. Granted I can't wait to make myself even tankier but still I'd hope that the final act bosses are at least a challenge for people who don't have perfect gear.

Real excited about the legacy league too.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2017, 02:19:13 PM »
Looks good. I'll have to check it out.
©ZH

« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2017, 05:10:18 AM »

:rejoice

my hype level's out of this world

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
Playing this on xbox now.

It's fun but its confusing as hell. Way more complicated than Diablo 3. So many different types of currencies. Also I'm never quite sure 100% of what loot is better than others compared to Diablo where its pretty easy to figure.

Still having fun as I try to puzzle it out.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »
It's way, way more complicated, for sure. I'd recommend trying to follow a build guide. It definitely can tend to end up in a busted passive tree that causes you to start over.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2017, 10:44:17 PM »
Yeah, you're gonna mess things up first time. It's overwhelming, especially nowadays after so much new stuff was added.

I'm enjoying the new acts a lot. Nice to not know where everything is and what the optimal route is for a change. Forgot what that's like. I don't think I'll be able to remember which side quests yield passive points though...

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2017, 12:08:51 AM »
Second/third a build guide.

The sphere grid system is too cumbersome for it's own good. I get what they're going for, but there has to be a better way of letting you make your own characters than that.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2017, 09:09:27 AM »
For a first time player, definitely. Once you're used to it it's fine.

The worst mistakes come from not knowing how many points you can expect to get and the rats tail of issues that comes with it (trying to specialize in too many things, not picking up enough life/defense, contradictory keystones, not knowing how effective some nodes really are, etc.). It restricts your choices much more than it appears at first, but not so much that you become completely reliant on what the designers picked for you behind the scenes.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2017, 05:24:30 PM »
Desync: fixed
Graphics/art: improved
Cumbersome progression: eliminated

the GOAT ARPG is better than ever

Didn't get to play much this weekend. The improvements are very noticeable. Love the new map, which is something I wanted for quite some time.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2017, 09:15:11 AM »
Up to like Act 4 now. Game is dope.

I have destiny 2.

Much prefer playing this.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2017, 12:30:46 PM »
I'm now a higher level than I have ever gotten in previous playthroughs- level 69 in Act 9, just about to finish it and get to Act 10, then on to endgame maps.

The game really does shine in higher levels as you add more complexity to your build. I'm having much more fun with this than I have with D3 in the past year or so. Just wish the levelling process was quicker so you could get to the good stuff faster, but I'm sure there are faster ways to do it that I'm not aware of.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »
Make sure you do the Merciless Labyrinth before you kill Kitava, as winning it lowers your resistances. You might find yourself having to fill a hole otherwise.

As for time, I rushd a character to Act 6 within 4 hours, but that only worked because I had equipment lined up already. Since I stupidly stick to hardcore, rushing too much can be very punishing, but I'm not sure you can go much faster than that. All told it will probably take 10 to 12 hours, depending on how much grinding I have to do before the last fight.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »
Here's someone doing it in under 5 hours, so fuck me, I guess:

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #194 on: September 11, 2017, 12:12:49 AM »
Finally getting to maps be like

yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2017, 12:30:12 PM »
RISE!

They're reworking one of the older skills and it looks glorious.

Shrew

« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2017, 11:21:55 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/57i3ex/22_years_after_i_opened_my_first_tundra_from_a/

Been getting back into Magic after 20 plus years of not playing, and damn. It never occurred to me where "Chaos Orb" comes from.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2018, 11:51:23 PM »
The new Incursion league is best league ever

yar

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2018, 02:40:37 AM »
The new Incursion league is best league ever

You might think that Brian Weissman would only stick past Magic: the Gathering references into his computer game, but here we are on Ixalan.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2018, 07:43:57 AM »
GGG's Chris Wilson is a MTG megafan. He apparently has a very expensive collection, too.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2020, 11:10:58 PM »
Bump  :doge

Returned to the game during the holidays, after virtually a year break. I never lost interest in the game, I simply didn't have time to play. Yea...it's still pretty damn good. I love how they've rolled previous league's into the game, giving you so much shit you can do. I'm rolling an arc witch right now, softcore for now as I get back into the thick of things. The last league I really tried was Delve, which I really enjoyed but didn't have time to explore.

BTW for those who didn't know, POE2 was announced a few weeks ago

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2020, 12:23:59 AM »
The game is really good but tbh there's too much shit going on for a filthy casual like me, and their business model necessitates MORE LAYERS OF COMPLEXITY all the time, so I'm not likely to get back into it anytime soon.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2020, 10:16:39 AM »
I still play, but I only start a single character per league these days.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2020, 05:59:50 PM »
The league mechanic this time isn't intrusive or something you have to go out your way to participate in. I'm enjoying it so far and like how it interacts with other mechanics. Plus it ensures a lot of loot. Nice league to come back to.

glad I didn't go back to HC because some of those metamorph fights would have RIP'd me.