Author Topic: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Star: A Vagina Is ‘More Desirable Than A Man’s Anus’  (Read 22388 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
“It seems like, to me, a vagina – as a man – would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me,” Robertson stated. “I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

Robertson described in the interview how sin is becoming acceptable in America and that the country needs to turn back to its Christian values.

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” Robertson told GQ. “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

The patriarch of the Robertson family said just putting one’s faith in Jesus will help problems be solved.

““If you simply put your faith in Jesus coming down in flesh, through a human being, God becoming flesh living on the earth, dying on the cross for the sins of the world, being buried, and being raised from the dead—yours and mine and everybody else’s problems will be solved. And the next time we see you, we will say: ‘You are now a brother. Our brother.’ So then we look at you totally different then,” Robertson said.

Despite his beliefs, the 67-year-old says he doesn’t judge others.

“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job,” Robertson told GQ. “We just love ‘em, give ‘em the good news about Jesus – whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ‘em out later.”
:ohhh

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job,” Robertson told GQ. “We just love ‘em, give ‘em the good news about Jesus – whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ‘em out later

"Sometimes you need to expedite God's ability to judge them by hanging them or dragging them from the back of your pickup truck. That's just helping out the Lord."

Obviously, he's never tried a woman's anus.

Robo

How is this up for debate in 2013?  Even just comparing the smell of the two, the man's anus wins.
obo

benjipwns

Obviously, he's never tried a woman's anus.
Then again:
“I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Some of them Duck Dynasty fellers would get it, though.
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
A fuckhole's a fuckhole.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
The show's publisits have been begging them to stfu about social issues for quite some time, and were largely successful. Gotta say I'm surprised by this.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Everyone I've met that likes this show seems likes they'd be in agreement with this so I don't see the controversy.

Yeah, it's not New England libruls that made this show so popular.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Annnnnnndddd....he's off the show.

lol, I also just found out there was more to the interview

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field.... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

“If I'm lost at three o'clock in a major metropolitan area...I ask myself: Where would I rather be trying to walk with my wife and children? One of the guys who's running for president is out of Chicago, Illinois, and the other one is from Salt Lake City, Utah. [Editor's note: Romney is from Boston, not Salt Lake City.] Where would I rather be turned around at three o'clock in the morning? I opted for Salt Lake City. I think it would be safer.”

Apparently he grew up on the set of Song of the South.  :heh
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
“For the sake of the Gospel, it was worth it,” Phil tells me. “All you have to do is look at any society where there is no Jesus. I’ll give you four: Nazis, no Jesus. Look at their record. Uh, Shintos? They started this thing in Pearl Harbor. Any Jesus among them? None. Communists? None. Islamists? Zero. That’s eighty years of ideologies that have popped up where no Jesus was allowed among those four groups. Just look at the records as far as murder goes among those four groups.”

"Shintos" :lol
dog

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Never heard of anything called "Duck Dynasty".

Google it. Look at cover with show stars on it. Well they look like people who would say things like this.

Go back to my life.

lordmaji

• It's a joke, not a dick, so don't take it so hard!
eh who cares what a redneck thinks really? I'm amazed people are "outraged"... Did you expect anything else? smh.  ::)
:-[

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Can't believe he actually got kicked off the show :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Never heard of anything called "Duck Dynasty".

Google it. Look at cover with show stars on it. Well they look like people who would say things like this.

Go back to my life.

At all the local bookstores, the two biggest sections are where they keep the Bibles and where they keep the Duck Dynasty books/merch.

I know The Business can back me up on this.
©@©™

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Honestly, I'm just glad "A Man's Anus" is finally making headlines. About time.
Unzip

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Old southerner holds views you would consider to be stereotypical of an old southerner, again.
Hi

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
The gay jew illuminati that runs Hollywood strikes again
🍆🍆

nudemacusers

How is this up for debate in 2013?  Even just comparing the smell of the two, the man's anus wins.
And that's not even getting into the taste issue. Girl ass  :yuck
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
"Locating your tweet"? What an odd thing to say.
Unzip

Rahxephon91

He had his rights. No one stopped him from saying something stupid.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I haven't been to a bookstore in years. You have heard of Amazon.com, right?

It's really boring here. :(
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
This isn't a free speech issue. People defending him are bigots too. It's like Phil said, "Who else is a bigot?" and now people are raising their hands.
©ZH

Brehvolution

"Locating your tweet"? What an odd thing to say.

Bashir said someone should shit in Palin's mouth he lost his job
Duckman(:teehee) said he's a bigot and he lost his job

The system works
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

People don't understand the first amendment. He has the right to say whatever he wants, but that doesn't restrict his employer from severing ties if he says something offensive or ignorant. If just about any person in this thread was at work popping off about black people being better off in segregated times or gay people needing to try some vagina, you'd have HR in your ass within seconds. Obviously this guy wasn't "at work" when he made the comment, but as a public figure for A&E, what he says publicly reflects on them.

Personally I wouldn't have fired him, but I understand why he was fired. What brand wants to be associated with ignorance? I'd argue the show wouldn't lose viewers if he stayed, nor would advertisers leave given the show's popularity. Therefore I'd ride out the storm and make him go everywhere with a damn publicist.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
What if we suggest straight people need to try some dude anus? :noah
vin

Brehvolution

Some of my more conservative friends are using him as their profile pic. Hailing him as some sort of icon.

All I say is if you're looking for heroes in a show about stupid rednecks called Duck Dynasty, then you've lost it.

A douche on fox news said he just was doing what MLK would do.  :dizzy

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/right-wing-radio-host-compares-duck-dynasty-star-to-mlk-cant-stop-comparing-stuff-to-mlk/
©ZH

Some of my more conservative friends are using him as their profile pic. Hailing him as some sort of icon.

All I say is if you're looking for heroes in a show about stupid rednecks called Duck Dynasty, then you've lost it.

If I'm really going out of my way to play devil's advocate, I guess I can understand why one might want to take a stand against "liberal outrage" and stand up for the rights of people to put their foot in their mouth. But I think such a person might want to go about this in a more nuanced fashion than idolizing someone like the Duck Dynasty asshole as a brave champion of first amendment rights. Unless of course they too are assholes that agree with such patently bigoted views.

Oh....

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

This isn't even new, I read an article a couple of months ago on some right-wing blog about how Duck Dynasty was the "Anti-Honey Boo Boo" and how it was all about portraying conservative values (God, families, and job having) in a positive light and that it's success was infuriating to liberals and that by watching it you were striking a blow against the "Hollywood elite" and the "liberal media" and all that.
©@©™

benjipwns

LIBERAL WAR ON FREE SPEECH = jist of five minutes of Hannity I listened to

Though one of the guests Hannity had on was all like "weren't you just bitching endlessly about Martin Bashir and Alec Baldwin?" And Hannity's response was basically "this is different, this is a Great American espousing Great American views, now shut up I'm only talking to my other guest who is a Great American."

“Phil Robertson and his family are great citizens of the State of Louisiana. The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with. I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive. But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended," said Jindal in a prepared statement.
:lol

The page exploded when it was launched Wednesday, breaking over 200,000 likes in less than six hours. The administrator was even banned from Facebook for 12 hours because the page was generating 4,500 likes in one hour.
“The administrator of this page was banned for next 12 hours because this page generated 4.5K likes in ‘1 hour.’ People you are getting the word out! Continue to spread that we will boycott A&E until Phil Robertson is put back Duck Dynasty,” the page states.
FACEBOOK WAR ON FREE SPEECH

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Seems dumb of A&E to kick him off considering you're going to be pissing off your main viewers. It's not like this show is suddenly going to become popular with the librul crowd.
dur

Steve Contra

They will milk the controversy for awhile, the beard guy will apologize, Duck Dynasty will be more popular than ever.
vin

Steve Contra

Honestly, if you have a choice between two warm tunnels, only one of them regularly serves as a conveyor belt for feces and the other doesn't, it's a no-brainer IMO.

It's like would you rather play on a playground, or on a set of train tracks?
Well that analogy certainly doesn't make any sense :what
vin

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
They will milk the controversy for awhile, the beard guy will apologize, Duck Dynasty will be more popular than ever.

This.  Also Duck Dynasty merchandise (and they whored themselves out everywhere) will see a surge in sales as a show of support.  In the end, everyone involved comes out ahead.
🍆🍆

benjipwns

It's like would you rather play on a playground, or on a set of train tracks?
Live Más!

Himu

there's fucking merchandise for this show goddamn everywhere. I go to the grocery store and can't escape the duck dynasty.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
there's fucking merchandise for this show goddamn everywhere. I go to the grocery store and can't escape the duck dynasty.

THIS. It's friggen' everywhere around here. Wal-Mart, gas stations, book stores, everywhere.
dog

Himu

They got this shit at Kroger. Everywhere I go I'm cock slapped by three ugly men with long beards and Charles Manson eyes. Go to an Academy, Rumbler. I DARE YOU. SEE WHAT YOU FIND.
IYKYK

They got this shit at Kroger. Everywhere I go I'm cock slapped by three ugly men with long beards and Charles Manson eyes. Go to an Academy, Rumbler. I DARE YOU. SEE WHAT YOU FIND.

I had somehow never even heard of this show until the Season One DVDs released with this never-ending assortment of merchandise.

Himu

Seriously, me either. It's like it just happened overnight.
IYKYK

benjipwns

It basically did. The season premieres went from 1.81 million (March 2012) to 3.70 million (October 2012) to 8.65 million (February 2013) to 11.77 million (August 2013).

Himu

It basically did. The season premieres went from 1.81 million (March 2012) to 3.70 million (October 2012) to 8.65 million (February 2013) to 11.77 million (August 2013).

What the shit.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Now the next season is gonna be like 22 Million after this publicity stunt. Thanks, Obama!
©@©™

benjipwns

They're smart businessman, they were all multi-millionaires before the show from their duck calls and whatever else it is they do.

And they seem to have some knowledge about how to cultivate and manage an image:

Himu

ahahahahaha
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
@ that image:

Him: Downgrade (of course he wasn't much good looking in the first place)
Her: Upgrade. Longer hair and less frizz does wonders.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
"Right to free speech" regarding employment on a TV show owned by a private corporation? What an odd thing to say.

Posted some stuff on FB to rile people up about this and it was funny how people jumped all over this. People who claim to be libertarians talking about how he should be allowed to whatever he says but it was not fair that AMC fired him. Yet, aren't these same people the ones who generally SUPPORT private corporations having the right to fire who they want to for whatever reason? I dunno, but all I know is that you should be allowed to say whatever you want, just don't be a baby about it when you have to face the consequences. Especially when you are a public figure, you should really have a bit of tact.
^_^

benjipwns

There's a group of people who think "freedom of speech" means there should be no possible consequences ever because then that "chills" free speech if the "mobs" can "silence" you through not wanting to hear what you say. What's weird is they only seem to think this way with people they agree or culturally identify with and have no problem boycotting or calling for the firing of those they don't. You'd think they might realize the contradictions.

Odd, that.

Especially since they didn't even fire him, they "suspended him from filming" which could mean nothing if they aren't even filming.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:05:25 PM by benjipwns »

Brehvolution

Saying Obama lied is a violation of his 1st amendment rights.
©ZH

benjipwns

"Deadline.com always has sane comments on any subject..."

Aren’t we as Americans FREE and have FREEDOM of SPEECH? The LGBT community has been pushing their lifestyle and sexuality on others for years now. Straight men and women are allowed to agree, disagree and say why or what we believe in regards to this. LGBT has made gay rights and gay marriage and gay in general the forefront of almost every topic for years now. If they want to be bigots and do not want to hear what the other side has to say or want to hear their beliefs then they need to stop talking about and trying to make everything about being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender!! I mean are you looking for acceptance and someone to tell you it is ok because you think on some level yourself it is wrong?? If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen!!!!

Comment by Becky — Thursday December 19, 2013 @ 12:55pm PST
The biased media keeps saying what he said was anti-gay, but it was nothing of the sort. It was pro-straight. That’s how far down the drain we’ve gone. It’s ok to have gay pride, but if you are “proud” or encourage being straight, the lib/left bullies attack.

People need to take a stand because tolerance works both ways.

Comment by Ron S — Thursday December 19, 2013 @ 12:28pm PST
If GQ or A&E did want honest answers on a subject the subject should not be brought up. Phil should have been advised before the interview of the possible backlash from A&E from giving honest answers. We try to teach or children to be honest and it’s okay to have a difference of opinion which is so great about this country, but for some reason this country does not believe in freedom of speech anymore.

Comment by Anonymous — Thursday December 19, 2013 @ 11:46am PST
I won’t being tuning in either! Miley can act like a tramp the KK’s can bare all the LL’s can do drugs and get drunk the foul mouthed actors all over Hollywood and the writer that wrote “the article” was down right nasty mouthed and one sided on his opinions of southern people Mr. Robertson has every right to feel the way he does the same as you or I. The freedom of speech gives him that right so if all you folks that don’t like our laws move to a country that has no freedoms the gripe about Mr. Robertson.

Comment by karen — Thursday December 19, 2013 @ 11:48am PST
Any one, other than a “white” person, can say what they want against anyone they want and not one says anything about “that” because they don’t want to be accused of being called a racist. Phil has his opinion and he is entitled to it – just like everyone else is. It’s okay for Muslims to say “death to the infidels” – and no one opens their mouth. Hopefully A&E looses MILLIONS of dollars by taking Phil off the air. They obviously don’t have a clue how thrilled parents are that their kids love Duck Dynasty because they are a good, decent family and how much money parents are spending buying Duck Dynasty gear instead of videos from Rappers. I have a right to my opinion also and I along with millions agree with the Robertson family.

Comment by Lorraine — Thursday December 19, 2013 @ 11:39am PST
Even though I am not a fan of the show I feel that A&E crossed a legal line by their actions. He made comments in an interview that he holds dear to his heart these views were not stated on the A&E show and therefore has nothing to do with A&E. It is time for America to stand up to all the destruction of our rights and stop letting the gays and non God believers decide what is right and wrong.

Comment by Rodney Pack — Thursday December 19, 2013 @ 11:41am PST
The Phil Robinson suspension tells us that A&E want to take away our right to our freedom of religion and speech. Why ask someone a question like that if it wasn’t with the intent to act exactly as you have. Ask someone a question and if you don’t like the answer demonize them. Never watched A&E till Duck Dynasty so it won’t be a burden to cross you off my viewing list.

Comment by linda — Thursday December 19, 2013 @ 12:44pm PST
You are incorrect. It certainly raises a Constitutional question. There is this little pesky clause found within the 4 corners of the Constitution called the "Commerce Clause". This clause – the most far-reaching and powerful of any clause therein – prevents a private business engaged in inter-state commerce (such as A&E) from discriminating against individuals based on several criteria (e.g. race, sex, … and religion). Here, A&E may be exposing itself to a mega lawsuit and not just from Robertson.

Comment by Contitution101 — Thursday December 19, 2013 @ 12:26pm PST
MEGA LAWSUIT!

benjipwns

http://www.redstate.com/2013/12/18/ultimately-there-will-be-no-option-for-silence-or-the-sidelines-you-will-be-made-to-care/
Ultimately There Will Be No Option for Silence or the Sidelines. You Will Be Made To Care.
By: Erick Erickson (Diary)  |  December 18th, 2013 at 08:46 PM  |  139

I have told you people again and again. You will be made to care.

Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant and then it seeks to silence good. Phil Robertson, patriarch of the Duck Dynasty clan, honestly answered questions during an GQ interview. He spoke openly of his Christian faith. Because he offended a secular left at war with orthodox Christianity, he must be punished.

A&E and Phil Robertson both chose to put their respective faiths ahead of profits.

What we should not shy away from is that Phil Robertson articulated very Biblical doctrine. He referenced scripture. Homosexual acts are, in fact, sinful according to the Bible. And as society begins to openly tolerate as normal things that really are not normal behaviors, society tends to start loosening up across the board as it descends down a slippery slope.

But Robertson also admonished Christians to love. He said Christians are not to judge, but to love. As Rick Warren has said,

Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.

The secular left believes otherwise. GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz, in a laughably ridiculous statement, responded to Robertson by saying, “Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil’s lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe.”

Actually, Robertson said precisely what true Christians believe and anyone, including A & E, letting GLAAD be an arbiter of true Christian thought is pretty quickly destined for hell fire.

A & E has now joined much of mass market culture in the Western World in picking sides in a fight — tolerance for gay rights, but not for Christians expressing honest answers to questions asked of their faith. The only surprise is that the Christians of Duck Dynasty could last there as long as they did. A&E has as much right to do this as you have to turn the channel. But they have clearly aligned themselves against us in the culture wars.

The world is at war with Christ and those who put their faith in Christ. The silver lining of this act is that many Christians who decided they could sit on the sidelines and not have to care will have a wake up call — particularly millennial Christians.

The Church, however, must show it will stand with those who stand with Christ and not shy away from this fight lest too many weak and new Christians go wobbly and silent.

You will be made to care. You will not be given the option of silence or the sidelines.

EDIT:
rtwgnt • 20 hours ago −
I immediately sent A&E an e-mail and expressed my feelings about their genuflecting to the militant HOMOSEXUAL (not "gay" Erick) movement. My family will no longer watch that channel, whether they show DD or not, unless Phil is reinstated.

If the Robertson sons have an ounce of respect for their dad, they will immediately pull the show, beginning January 15, regardless of the legal ramifications...right is right...period.

Again, conservatives please stop using the word "gay" when discussing homosexuality, you are only playing their PC game and legitimizing their theft/redefinition of a word to make their sinful lifestyle more palatable. I'm talking to you Erick!
:lol
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:38:05 PM by benjipwns »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I'm glad Constiution101 was on hand to school us about the Commerce Clause and how it allows you to bring about MEGA LAWSUITS against companies for wrongful termination.
©@©™

Steve Contra

The two events that have spawned the most activity from facebook folks I know about the CULTURE WARS

- Chik Fila
- Duck Dynasty

Staying losing America :usacry
vin

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
The two events that have spawned the most activity from facebook folks I know about the CULTURE WARS

- Chik Fila
- Duck Dynasty

Don't mess with our Teevee and our fast food!  :derp
©@©™

Tasty

I had never seen a preview or anything and always just assumed that this was an ongoing documentary about the Oregon football program. Boy was I surprised.

I thought it was a miniseries/remake of The Mighty Ducks.

That would have been way better than this shit.

Phoenix Dark

Pretty much. Well, unless they aren't locked up in a long term contract, meaning these dudes could simply jump to another network and A&E would be screwed lol.

I can't get upset over this nonsense. I bet no one who watches that show was offended, given the demographics.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra

- Chik Fila
- Duck Dynasty

What about Paula Deen?
WDW

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
Ultimately There Will Be No Option for Silence or the Sidelines. You Will Be Made To Care.
By: Erick Erickson (Diary)  |  December 18th, 2013 at 08:46 PM  |  139

I have told you people again and again. You will be made to care.

BUT I DON'T WANNA

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He cared about Duck Dynasty."
QED

Phoenix Dark

- Chik Fila
- Duck Dynasty

This is why I don't friend non The Bore white people, black people over the age of 30, or Nintendo fans
:umad