Author Topic: La Mulana 2 Kickstarter  (Read 2957 times)

Yulwei

La Mulana 2 Kickstarter
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:19:59 PM »
hey you

La Mulana 2 KS just went up http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playism/la-mulana-2

I am a huge la mulana fan and so this is going to be a no brainier for me.

if you you haven't played la mulana, and you enjoy 2D action adventure games with heavy emphasis on exploration and discovery, you are missing out!

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Re: La Mulana 2 Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:45:31 PM »
A++ would kickstart again

$200k is kind of a high goal for such a cult title, really hope they hit it
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:10 PM »
$200k is kind of a high goal for such a cult title, really hope they hit it

They've pulled down nearly $2,000 in the five minutes since I first opened the page. I think they'll do okay once the word starts to spread tomorrow.
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »
god i wish there was some magic way they would hit some of those stretch goals
pcp

Yulwei

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:21:31 AM »
I'm praying that they hit 800k but I'd be happy with the 400k stretch goal.

Bebpo

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 03:02:48 AM »
They'll be fine with 200k, I've never even played La Mulana but I hear about it all the time as the other holy grail besides Cave Story from indie Japanese developers.  I'll probably back this kickstarter for like $10 because of that (and I'll play La Mulana eventually, though I'd rather play Valdis Story first the next time I feel like playing a 2d metroidvania as I've heard that one's pretty awesome and plays more modern treasure-like).

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 03:53:40 AM »
I'm glad that there's a semi-high profile JPN indie developer cashing in on Kickstarter.  Freaking finally.  Hell, Kickstarter was made for indie-pixel art games.

If the Psikyo team re-banded and started a project I would probably give them all my monies.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 06:32:37 AM »
la mulana was really good so if this get funded it's probably going to be the best kickstarted game evah

They'll be fine with 200k, I've never even played La Mulana but I hear about it all the time as the other holy grail besides Cave Story from indie Japanese developers.  I'll probably back this kickstarter for like $10 because of that (and I'll play La Mulana eventually, though I'd rather play Valdis Story first the next time I feel like playing a 2d metroidvania as I've heard that one's pretty awesome and plays more modern treasure-like).

bebs la mulana looks like a konami game from the era of when they were awesome and made stuff like rondo of blood and controls amazing,valdis story looks like a deviantart game that controls like ass

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLAY LA MULANA INSTEAD
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:36:41 AM by magus »
<----

hampster

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:21:19 AM »
I love the curry stretch goals :lol
Zzz

Beezy

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
The first game is $1.49 on Steam today. Bought.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »
The first game is $1.49 on Steam today. Bought.

if you ever get stuck,ask away... even when playing with a wiki that spoils all the puzzle it can be very complicated
<----

mjemirzian

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
Backed :)

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »
La Mulana's soundtrack is great, the game on the other hand is hey I heard you like Castlevania 2 so i'll make it more obtuse. :shaq

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:16:21 PM by D3RANG3D »

Fifstar

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 11:45:20 AM »
Bought the first as well, too bad the USB controller configuration really sucks, it's impossible to map proplerly unless you have an individual button for each action. Seems like there is a workaround with joy2key that involves plugging the controller after the game has started  :mindblown. On the other hand, playing it with a SNES controller feels so right so at least I'm motivated enough to play it.

@ Magus, do you know something like a list with pointers if you're stuck (not a full on walkthrough)? Think I need that, just don't have the time for walking around for hours on end without achieving anything.
Gulp

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »
@ Magus, do you know something like a list with pointers if you're stuck (not a full on walkthrough)? Think I need that, just don't have the time for walking around for hours on end without achieving anything.

i kinda wanted to make that but i tought it would be silly and after a while i realized it was coming too big so i stopped :lol

mmm... here's a shorter version then

spoiler (click to show/hide)

- start from the outside

- going right bring you to the first area, the gate of guidance

- the objective of the game is to find the boss of each area and murder him, this might sound stupid but the boss are hidden and the first time i played the game i had no fucking idea what i was supposed to do... each area has usualy an ankh that function as the door to access the boss and an ankh jewel that work as the key,  do note that any ankh jewel from any zone can be used on any ankh so either try to use ankh jewels on the same zone you find them or keep track of what you used

- the first item you should find in the gate of guidance is the holy grail, this thing let you warp between save points and will save you tons of time

- after getting the holy grail warp back to village and buy the hand scanner, the translation software, the map software and some weight, don't worry about coins, there is a money making trick later

- the boss of the gate of guidance should be easy to find, the only real tricky part involve
invisible platforms
[close]
defeating him achieve nothing at the moment so you might want to hold for a while

- from the gate of guidance you can reach 3 places

A) masoleum of the giants
B) springs in the sky
C) temple of the sun

starting from the masoleum of the giants should be your best option but feel free to dick around in the other area's

- the masoleum of the giants puzzle is easy enough to be doable without any need of guide or anything, but like the boss in the previous zone defeating him at the moment has no purpouse... the reason you should go to the masoleum of the giants first is because it lets you access two other zone called eternal corridor and twin labyrinth, you can also get the hermes boots which are required for the temple of sun

- at the eternal corridor you can only access the entrance at the moment but that's enough because the entrance holds the queen of fairy, speak to her to unlock access to a certain item later, the other place is the twin labyrinth... there are multiple entrance but from the masoleum of the giant entrance you can only see the center, there is a shop here that sells you an helmet, you can't explore spring in the sky properly until you buy it

- if you got the helmet go into spring in the sky, there you can find the first seal, these are key like item that opens a lot of essential stuff, the boss is another one in the easy to find list but he's pretty hard to defeat without a certain weapon so you are best waiting, there is a puzzle here that you need to solve which will bring you to the temple of the sun

- after getting the first seal, go get the second one right after... if you wander around outside (the area with the village) you'll come across a waterfall, there you will find the second seal

- the temple of the sun... if you reach the center, you'll warp to another zone called temple of the moon, from temple of the moon you can reach twin labyrinth (this time the whole thing) and from twin labyrinth you can reach the inferno cavern, from inferno cavern there is a passage that take you back to the temple of sun which not only double as a shortcut but also hide an item called the isis pendant

- the temple of the sun also hold mulbruk, the only source of hints in the whole game

- once you get the isis pendant go back to the queen of fairy and you will now able to access fairies, these are glowing spot that spawn helper which come in different varities... if you have a green variety every vase you will break will yield money which make money pretty easy to accumulate as soon as you keep warping on the first zone and keep breaking the vase there

- while we are talking about the temple of the moon... there is an axe hidden here that hits twice as hard as the standard whip and has a huge range which is essential to defeat a lot of the bosses, you want this item, it's hidden behind a breakable wall

- the temple of the sun boss is somewhat hard to find but not impossible, it involve making a cart appearing at the entrance by pushing some dais (i don't remember where exactly is but it shouldn't be hard to find since for me the cart suddenly popped out of nothing) and then pushing it all the way to the boss room... the key annoyed me a lot
the hint tell you to wait under wedjat
it's that eye thing you tought was just a trap, stand there for 5 second without touching anything
[close]
[close]

- if you got the first seal and solved the puzzle in spring of the sky, you should be able to access a new zone in temple of the sun and find a new area called the chamber of extinction, this area is always under dark and can only be explored properly by shooting lamp's with the flare gun subweapon found in the inferno cavern, do note that it only stays lit for around 1 minute before you have to shot another lamp again... later on there is a way to make it permanently lit but you'll have to suffer at the moment

- somewhere in chamber of extinction there is some sort of murales which you need to break for no apparent purpouse... so do it! also in the chamber of extinction is hidden the third key of the game, it's an incredible pain to find just know that involve a breakable wall and an invisible passage

- did you punch the murales in chamber of extinction? then go back to the room that connect the chamber of extinction and temple of the sun, and a wall will crumble revealing access to an item called the bronze mirror

- ehy remember when i said defeating boss was pointless? not anymore! thanks to the bronze mirror you can now access alternate version of each stages but only if you have defeated the boss of that zone, if you haven't done so it's time to kill all the 4 reachable boss in the game at the moment so you can access everything

- by now you should be able to reach another zone called graveyard of the giant and also have complete access to the temple of the moon, wander around the temple of the moon until you find a sub-boss called anubis

- this one is stupid...
anubis can't be damaged until you get an item called book of the dead, the solution? go ask mulbruk for an hint and she'll be all like "oh whoops i had the book all along"
[close]

- defeating anubis give you the serpent staff, this let you defeat the blue giant in the left part of the outside map, killing him give you a feather that let you double jump

- the graveyard of giant has two entrance... from the entrance you've unlocked you can find the following stuff

A) mirai.exe, this let you warp to alternate world
B) the gauntlet, this improve your attack speed and make the axe a lot easier to use
C) tower of ruin, the alternate version of inferno cavern

- exploring the tower of ruin you should be able to find another ankh jewel and the ankh for the 5th boss, this is where thing start to get annoying

- the ankh jewel require you to solve a puzzle, there are 6 block in a room that represent letter, you need to hit the two so that you spell "MU" i have no idea how you are supposed to learn what block represent which letter
- the ankh itself is in inferno cavern but to access it, you need to enter an alternate passage from tower of ruin which is in the south part of the map... not finding it? that's because you need to hit something with a certain subweapon
hit the gargoyle statue with the earth spear subweapon also found there
[close]
[close]

- defeating the 5th boss will unlock another passage in the surface that give you access to tower of goddess, it also unlock another item in temple of the sun which you need later

- from here, you need to access two other zone, it doesn't matter which one you do first but finding the tower of goddess is a lot easier so i'm going to start from there
it's in that stupid waterfall again
[close]

- once you find the tower of goddess wander around until you get stuck, you can't do the whole thing in a single trip but somewhere you should be able to find a dais which unlock two hidden levers in spring of the sky, find the levers and push them

- you are now angry because you are not finding the lever because they are hidden in a very stupid manner
- the first one is accessed by crossing the (fake) wall to the right in the room that connect spring to the sky to the temple of the sun
- the second one is accessed by going to the masoleum of the giant, in the corridor with the passage that bring you to the eternal corridor there is a giant pointing his finger at a vase, jump on the vase and then push down to warp a-la super mario *BLOOP BLOOP*
[close]

- after pushing the levers this will flood the tower of goddess tube with water giving you total access to the place, by the end you should find an item called eye of truth which show you the invisible enemies of this zone and an item called the toy airplane which move the statue around and give you access to a whole new slew of passage's including

A) the rest of the graveyard of the giant (where you can find chamber of birth entrance 1)
B) the rest of the gate of illusion (unaccesible until you find the proper entrance)
C) the rest of tower of ruin
D) the chamber of birth entrance 2

- the chamber of birth should be your next objective, you can explore quite a bit and get some of the item needed now but you can't do it all until you have the crystall skull! which require you to find that other zone i was talking about a few - ago

- so let's go to the other area, this too require solving another obtuse puzzle in the temple of the moonlight
if you wander around the game you'll find 4 different tablet that says something along the line "where the moon shine check under..." this mean you have to check with the hand scanner 4 specific part of the temple of the moon, do note that these looks absolutely normal, doing this will make 4 dais appear in the room with the 4 small chest and the big chest, open the small chest in the right order and the big chest open giving you a pear...
[close]

- after you get the pear you should find a passage that look all angelic, with the pear it will transform into the gate of illusion, this is an extremely annoying area to traverse

- the first puzzle you'll find will be a tablet telling you to not go neither left or right...
check the light near the tablet with the hand scanner and you will be able to go down
after that there is a series of warp, do note that if you enter the same warp twice it will warp you to different area, after a while you should find a vase, jump on the vase and press down to warp below it... this will bring you to a skeleton that will give you pepper

- go back to the gate of guidance and use the pepper on the giant stone face, return to the skeleton and he will give you an anchor that let you proceed to another skeleton, this skeleton will give you a doll, go back to the masoleum of the giant and use the doll on any of the giant statue, return to find another warp which will bring you to the gate of guidance save point
[close]

- from there you should be able to find a dais which will shut down a hole from where ghost falls, doing this make the sub-boss of the zone vulnerable, defeating him score you the eternal key

- yes this thing open the eternal corridor, so it's time to go there... each room consist of a trial which should be pretty self explanatory except for the first
each word on the tablet is represented by a number and each door in the corridor has a number on it written on la mulana fictional language, you have to go through doors 2-3-5-9... no idea how you are supposed to learn la mulana fictional language on your own
[close]

- also one of the trial is a race, in this trial there is a statue that is essential for doing stuff in the twin labyrinth so be sure to not forget it

- after clearing all the trials you should find yourself in the shrine of the mother, wander around until you find the save point

- now you need to do two things before being able to proceed... the first is to find the dragon bone, to find the dragon bone go back to the shop where you bought the helmet and buy 5 sets of weights, this unlock another shop that sells it, if you got the twin statue from endless corridor you can take the warp to warp directly in front of the new shop if i'm not mistaken...

- the other thing to do is to equip the talisman (which is in temple of the sun after defeating boss 5) and talk with the elder at the start of the game, he'll mention a diary in the shrine of the mother

- somewhere in the shrine of the mother there is a statue missing his head, use the dragon skull and several wall will crumble

- also somewhere in the shrine behind one of the wall that crumbled there is a chest with a passage that shut down as soon as you enter, if you talked with xelpud he'll jump out of nothing and stop the pillar giving you access to the diary

- after obtaining the diary speak with xelpud again to obtain the la mulana talisman

- this also open a chest containing the crystal skull, do note that you need to equip the la mulana talisman as you pick the crystal skull or you will die

- before leaving do note that the 4th and final key is also hidden here, you need the philosopher ocarina to reach it, you could get it now but i forgot it was required so i described how to get it near the end of this instead

- you can now access the chamber of bir... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH who am i kidding? of course you can't! more cryptic bullshit need to be done!

- you still need an item called the cog of the soul, to get the cog of the soul you need to solve 3 puzzle in the gate of illusion (the bit that you can access from the tower of goddess), but wait! to solve the first one you need the lamp of time! an item i forgot to mention because it had no purpouse until now

- the lamp of time is in the twin labyrinth in a room with 3 movable block but one of the block can't be moved if you don't get the bomb first

- the bomb are in the graveyard of giant, the side accessed from tower of goddess, i don't think you can miss them but just in case...

- right after getting the cog of life use it on the tablet near to spawn mudmen, this also make mudmen spawn in the chamber of birth

- allright so FINALY you can now access the chamber of birth as a whole... stuff to do here

1) there's a hole that will open a passage where you need to use the crystal skull AND the cog of life
2) another puzzle require the serpent staff to be used
3) there is a room with a hole that loop on itself with 2 cavities, using the dragon skull on one of the cavity and the serpent staff on the other will reveal an item called the eternity key, this is needed near the end of the game
4) from the entrance 1 (which doesn't require the crystal skull) go as far as you can until you find a trap holding the woman statue
5) there is a seal here that when breaked unlock a puzzle in the chamber of extinction that let you light that damn place FOREVER
6) there is something you need to do before being able to get another important item... the hint is in twin labyrinth

reach the end of chamber of birth entrance 2 then do the "dance of life" in front of the murales which consist of attacking left three times, attacking right tree times and jumping
[close]

7) if you have done 6 you can finaly fight the sub-boss of chamber of birth, i actualy don't remember the exact road but there is a fake wall involved in it which is why it took me so long to find it, after you defeat this boss he'll drop an item called the pochette key

- finaly after doing all of this you can access the 6th boss, if you haven't found the ankh and the ankh jewel

the ankh jewel is inside a shop but the shop is actualy one of those thing that spawn the mudmen because this game hate you
as for the ankh... a chamber of birth warp will bring you to the chamber of extinction... after placing a dais here the ankh will spawn in chamber of extinction but it will be only reachable by entering from inferno cavern by going back to the place where you defeat boss 5
[close]

- do note that as soon as the fight start you need to use the pochette key

- allright so at least the last two boss are easy to find... the first one is in twin labyrinth access twin labyrinth from the place where you defeated the temple of the sun boss, now that you have the twin statue you should be able to remove the poison before it kills you

- ankh and jewel can be found without too much sweating
the jewel is found by shooting at the statue arms with the flare gun
for the ankh enter a room that feature 4 witch enemy, kill them all and this will spawn a black witch enemy, then go to the other side of twin labyrinth and find the equivalent room, doing this will spawn a white witch, kill her and this will spawn the ankh
[close]

- the last boss is in the dimensional corridor, the entrance is found in the twin labyrinth and also require the crystal skull, this zone has no puzzle to solve but it has 3 sub-boss gauntlet that are pretty hard to kill for a total of 12 different sub-bosses... do note that the boss will resurrect unless you got the key from chamber of birth and that also an important item called angel shield is here, this thing is sort of missable (it become unaccesible after you clear the zone but you can buy for an outrageous price in another shop if missed) so be sure to don't miss it

- oh wait did i say there are no puzzle? i fucking lied, the final sub-boss is hidden and doesn't appear until you go to certain place's in the corridor and attack left once and right once, if done correctly the spot will glow... there are a total of 4 spot

- killing the boss in this area also give you the magatama jewel

- right so you finaly killed all the bosses and are ready to tackle the final boss, time for me to end this huge wall of text that was supposed to be a small guide, as soon as you kill all of the bosses a giant plant will sprout in the shrine of mother rendering all access impossible except from the endless corridor, if you are going for the 100% do note that this make some item unaccesible

- but wait! there is more! (bullshit) awaiting us before being able to clear the game, as we need to collect all the mantra... to do this we need

torude.exe - this is hidden in tower of ruin, there is one thing that needed to be break which reveal a dais which reveal a shop

mantra.exe - enter chamber of extinction from chamber of birth and defeat the two sub-boss there, then go back to the wall with all the cryptic bullshit on it and use torude.exe and the magatama jewel on it

philosopher ocarina - remember that statue you got from chamber of birth? go to the center of temple of sun and you'll find a few light thing flying around, stand around like an idiot and the statue will turn into a maternity statue, then go to the temple of moon and you should see a painting of a woman doll somewhere,use the maternity statue there, this will make a ladder appear that will bring you to the center of the room, pause the game and wait until lemeza does his sleeping animation, this will give you the philosopher ocarina, using this item let you speak with the philosophers... each philosopher open a passage somewhere and you can't reach a certain essential item without speaking with one of them... the one in the dimensional corridor also teach you mantra that are required to finish the game

1) Spring in the sky
2) Dimensional Corridor
3) Tower Of Goddess
4) Temple of moonlight

do note that the one in tower of goddess unlock access to the most powerfull weapon in the game but it requires solving the most obtuse puzzle of the game... the puzzle in question can only be tried once so be sure to save before attempting it

djed pillar - go to chamber of birth,there is passage that bring you to chamber of extinction,from there there is a passage that bring you outside,from outside you'll reach inferno cavern and from inferno cavern,the tower of ruin... you'll be on top of some pyramid,there is a switch somewhere that lower a ladder and connect this place with tower of goddess for easy access,if you go left you'll find a sub-boss holding the djed pillar

goblet - did you get the angel shield? good! go back to chamber of birth, there is a statue that shoot instant-killing laser, block the laser with the shield and it will reveal this item

yellow medicine - in tower of ruin there is a room with invisible enemies, use the lamp of time to stop them and kill them, this reveal a dais which unlock the medicine statue, after unlocking the medicine statue enter from tower of goddess, there will be 2 dancer enemy around, equip the djed pillar and use the death mantra (got from the philosopher) on them then go where the dancing fairies are and use the life mantra on them... if you have done this right the medicine should be yellow

key sword - this should be pretty easy to get but in case you missed it, it's in the endless corridor

- ehy remember where you got the talisman in temple of the sun? if you go inside the wall there you'll end in a room with tons of tablet, each tablet describe the location of a mantra and the place where you have to cast it, find the mantra with torude.exe then cast it with the djed pillar in the right location, you know you got the right location when a seal break out of nothing... doing this for all the mantra (the last one is called LAMULANA) will make the key sword glow

- last thing, you need to have found every save point in the game, this should be pretty easy but there are two save point in twin labyrinth so be sure to find both

- oh also forgot to add, you need to speak with the queen of the fairies again

- finaly you can go knock yourself out, enter from endless corridor and go kill the final boss

- after killing the final boss a countdown of 5 minute will appear, you might be tempted to try and reach the surface but you actualy have to go find mulbruk

- enjoy the credit... oh god why did i wrote so much text?
[close]

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:02:55 PM by magus »
<----

Fifstar

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 03:16:16 PM »
You didn't just type that all out, did you? Thanks either way!
Gulp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »
holy fucking christ why did you write all that
pcp

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »

i want someone else to reach the end of the game and i didn't realize it would turn out so long :'(
<----

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »
Related question: Why don't you put a space after commas or use periods?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 04:40:10 PM »

i want someone else to reach the end of the game and i didn't realize it would turn out so long :'(

lmao i jumped back into it yesterday; just got the item that lets you warp around the twin labyrinths. hopefully i should finish it this weekend or next.
pcp

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
Related question: Why don't you put a space after commas or use periods?

better? :beli
<----

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »
Tried out the first game last night, was super confusing but I can see the fun, feel very lost since you can go to a lot of different areas of the start and I don't even know how you get health back or what these green dots enemies drop do.

Was curious how long it was so checked out howlongtobeat.com and WTF the original La Mulana is like 12 hours to beat and the remake is 27.5 hours to beat?  What the hell, that is a huge difference!  What'd the remake do to add so much content.  Also I dunno about playing a 30 hour metroidvania, sounds ridiculously huge and time-consuming.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »
i finished it in around 13 hours but of course that doesn't take count of all the time wasted dying but at the same time it's probably less once you know what to do...

was super confusing but I can see the fun, feel very lost since you can go to a lot of different areas of the start and I don't even know how you get health back or what these green dots enemies drop do.

bebs see that post with a spoiler i wrote a few post ago about? it explains EVERYTHING you need to do if you ever get stuck, so for the love of god if you ever get stuck go take a peek

as for the other question,there are only two way to heal

- the first is to head to the hot springs, go outside and then all the way to the left, take a dip on the hot spring and watch your health raise
- the second is to fill the green bar below your health, how do you fill the bar? with the green dots the enemies drop
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:03:58 PM by magus »
<----

Yulwei

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 04:03:54 AM »
Doesn't seem like they'll be able to reach many stretch goals (if any) but I am just glad the game is going to be made.

Also, if you don't want to read Magus' huge post then at least read the Manual on the website!

Bebpo

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 04:28:58 AM »
i finished it in around 13 hours but of course that doesn't take count of all the time wasted dying but at the same time it's probably less once you know what to do...

was super confusing but I can see the fun, feel very lost since you can go to a lot of different areas of the start and I don't even know how you get health back or what these green dots enemies drop do.

bebs see that post with a spoiler i wrote a few post ago about? it explains EVERYTHING you need to do if you ever get stuck, so for the love of god if you ever get stuck go take a peek

as for the other question,there are only two way to heal

- the first is to head to the hot springs, go outside and then all the way to the left, take a dip on the hot spring and watch your health raise
- the second is to fill the green bar below your health, how do you fill the bar? with the green dots the enemies drop

Thanks, yeah getting the warp thing is nice and has made the game doable.  Almost done with Gate of Guidance area.  How come the warp thing doesn't let me warp to the gate of guidance save spot at the start of the area?  Only lets me warp to the surface save spot.  Nm, have to inspect it.

*edit*  Beat Gate of Guidance.  One area finally down, yay.  I like the game but man do the jumping controls irk the shit out of me.  Made the first boss fight frustrating enough, don't even want to think about having to fight later, harder bosses with these stiff controls :( 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:51:37 AM by Bebpo »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 05:51:39 AM »
the trick with jumping is that if you jump forward you have no way to control your momentum but if you jump up or jump toward a wall then you can move mid-air, later on you also get an ability that let you double jump so you can jump forward and then jump up and control your mid-air momentum from your second jump
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 10:35:41 PM »
Fully funded with 6 days to go. Also, some gameplay footage:

dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 08:26:27 PM »
soooooo if you register on playism (it's a site that sells a bunch of japanese indie games and the face of the la mulana 2 kickstarter) you can get the actual demo of the video above... i played it for a bit and you can wander around the first area but there isn't much to do... some cryptic message,two whole new enemies, and a puzzle involving a giant rock that crush you... you can't even save

http://www.playism-games.com/games/lamulana2/#

though considering the video above show bosses maybe they are in the demo and you can fight them?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:31:47 PM by magus »
<----