Author Topic: Werewolves in London; or THE ORDER: 1886 gifs vids and pits  (Read 1645 times)

Yulwei

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:20:11 AM by Yulwei »

Third

• BODY TALK
Re: Werewolves in London; or THE ORDER: 1886 gifs vids and pits
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:51:52 PM »
Looks great, but the gameplay looks shit judging by those gifs.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:45:47 PM »
The fuck are pits?
Drunk

Bebpo

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:52:37 PM »
Looks way better than even I expected coming from a great developer like Ready at Dawn (can't wait for Sony Bend's PS4 game too).

However, the game is totally fucking Gears/RE4 Playstation-version, which means the lack of multiplayer because "it's a Single Player game" is ridiculous.  Obviously, being a small team, they had to choose to aim for Fall 2014 launch or have multiplayer and aim for 2015.  Guessing with Sony's light schedule for the PS4 for 2014 they didn't really have a choice though I wonder if that was the scenario, why didn't Sony give them a team of 30 guys to just do the multiplayer while they were making the single player?

It feels like "well, Uncharted 1 got away with no online and then online in #2, so we can do that too and be fine"

We will see how this thing sells and what legs it has with no MP.  Looks like you could totally have a fun Mercenaries mode with it, kind of a shame.  Can't they at least announce a Mercenaries style MP mode that will COME LATER AS DLC EXPANSION or something?

Yulwei

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 09:44:56 PM »
Very true. After hearing about Infamous SS being on the short side as well and now this one having no MP for bullshit reasons... it really does sound like Sony is skimping out on it so they can have the game out this year. No doubt we'll see MP in the inevitable sequel. A well done horde mode for this game could be incredibly fun. Something like the reveal trailer would be excellent.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 09:59:08 PM »
sony's non naughty dog titles have had trouble shifting units since god of war went sour. they're probably not in to throwing money down a last guardian sized sinkhole again and trying to run a tighter ship.

i really love the art style and general theming, shame that it's just a veneer for another yawnsome cinematic gearsalike. i wish sony weren't allergic to gameplay when it comes to their home consoles.

cool breeze

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 10:20:47 PM »
i'm hopeful it's more than the standard cover shooter.  it looks very nice and I like ready at dawn's work, but I'm not keen on playing another cover shooter without some strong [gameplay] hook to it.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 10:58:44 PM »
Oh, look, a cover shooter.

Sure pretty though.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »
fuck yeah cover shooter with qtes :lawd

I just hope theres also protagonist with dark unknown past, dialogue options, and an upgrade system where you can choose to put a point into one skill, or the other.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 11:37:16 PM »
A steampunk gears of war? finally fine gentlemen such as myself can enjoy the jollies of Stop'n'Pop without being reminded of the boorishness of football players and other such ruffians that populate my high school nightmares.

*tips over*

Bebpo

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 01:55:49 AM »
Vampires, maybe.

But werewolfs?  forget you, that's AWESOME.  There is a severe lack of people vs fucking crazy superhuman werewolves in gaming.  You got Operation Darkness (sweet), Sang & Froid (cool), and now this. 

I want this game to exist:

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 02:06:38 AM »
Cant believe you guys are whining about tacked on multiplayer for a game like this.

Yulwei

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 02:28:58 AM »
Vampires, maybe.

But werewolfs?  forget you, that's AWESOME.  There is a severe lack of people vs fucking crazy superhuman werewolves in gaming.  You got Operation Darkness (sweet), Sang & Froid (cool), and now this. 

I want this game to exist:
(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah, there really aren't many shooters that do the whole Victorian/Industrial/Pre-modern era setting vs mythical supernatural beings. I fucking loved Darkwatch because of that and because it was a solid damn shooter on its own. This is what I am hoping The Order ends up being.

It also helps that the only TPS even remotely like this that I played last gen were just Gears 1 and Uncharted 1/3. The latter two of which I never even finished.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 02:35:24 AM »
You should play Spec Ops the Line and Binary Domain.

Yulwei

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 03:51:18 AM »
Thanks for posting that, was about to go to sleep. Absolutely digging that atmosphere.

You should play Spec Ops the Line and Binary Domain.

Binary Domain does look interesting and I might pick it up if it's short. Got too much other stuff I want to play right now
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:57:58 AM by Yulwei »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 04:13:17 AM »
That looks so hot.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 04:32:59 AM »
Binary Domain is on Steamsale right now for the week, its good stuff.  Mechanically solid, with locational damage/gibs on the robotic enemies being very important, good team mechanics too.

and the mere fact that there's no multiplayer attached to this actually increases my interest in it.  I'd sooner have a polished singleplayer anything (RE4) then a co-op experience that drags down the rest of the game (RE5).

and Bepbo has great taste for recommending Dog Soldiers, that movie kicks ass.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 06:15:32 AM »
Ryse did this at launch, QTEs and all.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 06:16:33 AM »
BINARY DOMAIN!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 08:08:24 AM »

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 09:46:10 AM »
I'm not sure what anyone expected but a great looking, competent shooter. SCEA isn't about to go crazy and try to redefine a genre

Binary Domain was garb
dur

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 10:10:16 AM »
*Shrug* I loved Gears of War and Uncharted (2), so a real purty game with werewolves, cool guns and a cool setting with Gears/Uncharted gameplay seems like hot stuff to me. :bow2 Hoping for some kind of co-op mode still, but I'll live.

Not that this reveal was anywhere near as exciting as it could have been. Ironically, since they talk up cinema so much.

cool breeze

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 01:47:33 PM »
yeah, this and Quantum Break have the same problem.  I like the developers, I like the premise behind the games, I want to be more interested in game part of the games, but all they talk about is filmic qualities this or TV show that.  The gameplay shown of both is hiding behind cover, shooting other dudes, same old.

anyway, the order looks really nice.  was surprised when the dude was given control and it looked to still be the cutscene, although part of that could be the blackbars not fading away.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 02:17:12 PM »
Looks great graphically. Look like generic pap gameplay wise.

Also Binary Domain is :trash
reckt

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 02:32:37 PM »
yeah, this and Quantum Break have the same problem.  I like the developers, I like the premise behind the games, I want to be more interested in game part of the games, but all they talk about is filmic qualities this or TV show that.  The gameplay shown of both is hiding behind cover, shooting other dudes, same old.

anyway, the order looks really nice.  was surprised when the dude was given control and it looked to still be the cutscene, although part of that could be the blackbars not fading away.

like i said, sony is on some cinematic crusade right now. it's clear every sail in this game, from hamster wheel player agency to closed off environments to shoddy ass framerate to giant black bars, has been bent to provide the PS4 with something which looks a step above anything its rival can produce.