Author Topic: Cult of the Wind is Greenlit  (Read 944 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Cult of the Wind is Greenlit
« on: April 16, 2014, 07:15:52 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247896958

Cult of the Wind is a game about people who pretend to be airplanes.

"In an unknown time and place, a cult that worships the wreckage of ancient airplanes gathers to mimic the dogfights of old. With the peak of humanity far behind, their world is a mausoleum to a lush and verdant Art Deco past."

In Cult of the Wind, players compete and cooperate in ritualistic multi-player human dogfights, complete with imaginary weapons, pretend explosions, and airplane noises made with their mouths. Shower your friends in a hail of imaginary bullets and proclaim, "I got you! You have to lie down," to which they respond, "Nuh-uh, I have a shield." You argue about whether or not airplanes can have shields, meanwhile some other guy does a cannonball onto your head while whistling. It's great.

With an intuitive point-and-click level editor you'll be able to craft new levels or modify existing ones, then immediately share them with anyone on a server, even if you aren't the host. You can also craft a personalized appearance for your character with numerous articles of clothing and animations.

Simple, robust level editor
Instantly share your creations with others
Character customization
Dozens of imaginary weapons and abilities
Infinitely expandable content
Blindingly high-speed mock combat
Weird noises

hellsjester11 day ago

shit game is shit. please no spam steam
Boredness1 day ago

If this pulls any of the younger audience and/or idiots away from games they shouldn't be playing, specifically online games where I have to interact with them, then I'm happy with it and you have my thanks. I don't care if it's just one person.. that's one less I have to deal with
Cazaq2 days ago

Making games as absurd as possible just to garner attention.

Great use of your time.
mymothersmeatloaf1 day ago

Too bad, for somebody that's interested in getting into the game industry, this is cancerous.
King Goblin2 days ago (edited)

Ah, pretending to be an airplane with your arms out, the bottom of the barrel of imagination both in real life and in game form. Seems like it'll attract the right crowd.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Cult of the Wind is Greenlit
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »
In contrast to my stance on Planet Alcatraz, I would be willing to call this game's setting "absolutely unique." This game needs the superfluous adverb.

In all seriousness, this looks like a lot of fun.

What's with all the haters? Are those just the standard tumors found on any Comments section?