Author Topic: Game Boy Appreciation Thread ♥  (Read 55094 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Game Boy Appreciation Thread ♥
« Reply #420 on: May 01, 2021, 05:33:48 PM »
Im eying another GB that has some great games with it. I made a deal with the guy already, only have to pay ❤️
What

Tasty

« Reply #421 on: May 01, 2021, 05:43:50 PM »
$45 for that Genesis GB cart but suddenly down the funds to get it. :'( Hope preorders last at least a week.

Edit- Got it preordered! :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 12:20:39 PM by Tasty »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #422 on: May 02, 2021, 06:23:05 PM »
Which game should I sell?

What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #423 on: May 02, 2021, 08:34:47 PM »
Depends on what people offer.

A pristine version of Links Awakening GB goes for 200 Euro easily. That booklet looks pretty beat up and probably decreases the value. Overall it's an expensive item especially if it still works.
Minish Cap is quite expensive and rare too depending on the condition. The box looks a bit beat up but not too bad. Boxed should be worth something between 100 - 150 Euro at a minimum I think.
Although I have seen those being sold for less but also empty boxes for more.  :doge

Not sure how I feel about selling at this time. Value could still increase or demand could dry up.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #424 on: May 11, 2021, 02:32:38 PM »
Received a new batch of games with a Gameboy I bought. Dont really need the DMG but wanted the games.

For 60€

Super Mario Land
Shadow Warriors (Ninja Gaiden)
Bionic Commando
Darkwing Duck
TNMT: Fall of the Foot Clan
Kid Icarus

Also got a great carry pouch where all the stuff came in. It also comes with a Nuby Power Pak 😱
What

Himu

« Reply #425 on: May 11, 2021, 03:26:50 PM »

Originally developed by Affinix Software from 1999 to 2001 towards the end of the Game Boy Color’s retail lifespan, the shift in the market towards the Game Boy Advance (released in 2001) resulted in publishing struggles for the game. As a result, the original Affinix team went their separate ways, leaving Infinity a what-if that was formally cancelled in 2002. Yet, 15 years later, following repeated interest in what was seen as one of the last Game Boy Color games, an unfinished version of Infnity was released as a free ROM in 2016.

Now, for the 20th anniversary of Infinity, we have assembled a team consisting of both Affinix originals and fresh faces to finally complete Infinity and give it the physical cartridge release for the Game Boy Color that it always deserved! If you are interested in helping to finally make Infinity a reality, please subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates and exclusive news concerning our upcoming summer kickstarter campaign, and to get an exclusive medley of Infinity’s soundtrack!

Looks amazing.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: May 11, 2021, 03:45:52 PM »
Yeah please update when this thing goes live so I can back it
What

Tasty

« Reply #427 on: May 12, 2021, 12:17:15 PM »

I've stepped away from The Bore for a while but you can follow my new site GameBoy.blog and I'll definitely post about it there (among many other GB-related things!) :D

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #428 on: May 12, 2021, 06:27:06 PM »

I've stepped away from The Bore for a while but you can follow my new site GameBoy.blog and I'll definitely post about it there (among many other GB-related things!) :D
I will bookmark it!

Please dont leave us Tasty, we love you!!!!!
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Game Boy Appreciation Thread ♥ News and updates @ GameBoy.blog
« Reply #429 on: May 13, 2021, 11:50:41 AM »
I bought three cib games today:

Smurfs
Asterix
Super Mario Land

😍

I had Smurfs and Asterix as a kid so it will be nice to have them again
What

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #430 on: May 19, 2021, 01:55:37 AM »
Super Mario Land 2 DX is fuckin amazing

Tasty

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2021, 02:42:39 PM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #433 on: October 12, 2021, 03:46:35 PM »
Recently got a great deal on a mint condition, cib Rolan's Curse... I played through the second a few weeks ago so it'll be cool to go for the first.

Has anyone ever played Knight Quest? One of the most obscure English-released RPGs I can think of. I remember having it as a little kid, it's got 1v1 turn based battles and is rather simplistic... I've never heard anyone talk about it.
^_^

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #434 on: October 18, 2021, 04:08:11 PM »
Recently got a great deal on a mint condition, cib Rolan's Curse... I played through the second a few weeks ago so it'll be cool to go for the first.

Has anyone ever played Knight Quest? One of the most obscure English-released RPGs I can think of. I remember having it as a little kid, it's got 1v1 turn based battles and is rather simplistic... I've never heard anyone talk about it.

Never heard of those games, they look interesting though.  :-*

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #435 on: October 18, 2021, 06:51:37 PM »

Never heard of those games, they look interesting though.  :-*

Don't really expect too much out of Rolan's Curse, it's like a slower moving, much more linear and less puzzly take on Zelda, with a cool character-changing feature (different characters have different attacks/magic). Still enjoyable enough.
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #436 on: February 20, 2022, 03:30:20 PM »
Nintendo Page Boy, a lost Game Boy Color add-on, is revealed after over 20 years

You could almost send emails and selfies to your friends, while surfing the web, on a Game Boy Color.

Tasty

« Reply #437 on: March 01, 2022, 05:02:29 PM »