Author Topic: PROMISCUOUS FEMINIST BULLIES TEARING THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY APART  (Read 10911 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
PROMISCUOUS FEMINIST BULLIES TEARING THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY APART
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:46:23 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/01/Lying-Greedy-Promiscuous-Feminist-Bullies-are-Tearing-the-Video-Game-Industry-Apart
It's easy to mock video gamers as dorky loners in yellowing underpants. Indeed, in previous columns, I've done it myself. Occasionally at length. But, the more you learn about the latest scandal in the games industry, the more you start to sympathise with the frustrated male stereotype. Because an army of sociopathic feminist programmers and campaigners, abetted by achingly politically correct American tech bloggers, are terrorising the entire community – lying, bullying and manipulating their way around the internet for profit and attention.

It's a fact of life that the video games industry is awash with marginalised, troubled people who have found it difficult to manage their lives in mainstream society. It's particularly the case when you look at independent or "indie" video game developers, a remarkable proportion of whom suffer from depression or anxiety disorders. Many of these people end up as enthusiastic campaigners for one or more causes they feel deserve wider attention.

The journalists who cover games and gamers are subject to similar peculiarities and challenges, which perhaps explains widespread frustration from players that every blog out there seems more concerned with policing misogyny and "transphobia" than reviewing the latest game releases. As a result, gaming sites and their readers have drifted apart in recent years. Journalists have sided with activists to pen soporific op-eds about the need for "equality" in video games, while the people who actually play games just want to know if the latest instalment is good value for money.

Meanwhile, there have been grumbles that journalists are getting too close to their subjects, and that they speak ever more insultingly about their bread and butter customers – that is, their predominantly male readers – the longer they spend in the company of feminist activists and other agitators.

You might think it cruel to delve too deeply into the private lives of damaged people. But when, say, a video game developer and activist with a history of outrageous dishonesty, whose games aren't up to much but nonetheless always seem to get glowing reviews, gets accused of exchanging sex for positive coverage and other benefits, the public interest is overwhelmingly clear.

A fatal mistake

Instead of addressing allegations of corruption, examining their own prejudices and giving consideration to an industry-wide failure to provide any kind of acceptable service, the games press rounded on its own readers, accusing them of bigotry and misogyny and refusing to acknowledge that the community was sick of being lectured to and guilt-tripped on a daily basis by hypocrites and liars.

Watching the fallout on blogs, in forums and on Twitter, it's tough to understate the extent of the shockwaves from all this, or the rift that has opened up between writers and readers as a result of Left-wing journalists reflexively defending their ideological allies. Gamers have uncovered evidence of such widespread corruption and conflicts of interest that the gaming blogs may never recover from it. The response from reporters – for the most part, denial and dismissal – is akin to mass professional suicide.

While the entire gaming journalism establishment is speaking in one voice, mocking dissenters and tweeting that all men should be killed, readers and those outside the world of video games are scratching their heads, wondering how so many bright people found themselves selling their souls for sex, a few quid in their PayPal accounts, and a warm feeling of standing up to "misogyny."

There's a lesson here for would-be social justice warriors: bang on about equality, respect and ethics all you like. But don't expect to be treated as an oracle when your personal behaviour is utterly reprehensible. The internet being what it is, Depression Quest has already spawned a hilarious parody, which is perhaps the real moral of the story here. Although one substandard generation of journalists has been replaced in the internet era by another, with the advent of the internet, anyone can fight back at injustice in their own, uniquely, cruelly, hysterically funny fashion.

The enduring effect of #GamerGate is obvious: the gaming media has destroyed its reputation and its relationship with readers, who will never again trust it on any issue beyond which power-up is most likely to get you past level 17. By blaming its readers and burying its head in the sand, the politicised bloggers who previously influenced the opinions of millions have voluntarily given up their authority to rabid, single-issue campaigners who silence criticism and sleep with journalists, peers and even their own bosses, as Zoe Quinn did, to get ahead.

This is a subject I'll return to in a later column: a brief history of corruption in video game journalism needs to be written. In the meantime, those of us with some critical distance from the chaos can only sit back and marvel at how wide-ranging and fundamental the damage to the indie games industry has been these last two weeks. There are now two, bitterly opposed factions in the industry. Journalists and activists, who care more about gender politics than the video games they are supposed to be reporting on, and gamers, mocked, derided and bullied... but unbowed.

Video gamers, and video game culture, will never be the same again.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:54:07 AM by benjipwns »

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
Re: PROMISCUOUS FEMINIST BULLIES TEARING THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY APART
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »
I'm pretty impressed how this manages to pander to the "gamer community" AND pander to a presumed audience of older-school cultural reactionaries contemptuous of games and gamers at the same time. Masterfully done.
QED

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:16:16 AM »
Video gamers, and video game culture, will never be the same again.

:noooo
dog

El Babua

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:35:43 AM »
How long until someone labels themselves a "video game culture warrior"?

benjipwns

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 01:54:26 AM »
it's funny how like... the fringe people, who aren't really used to this industry, are talking about this like it's some turning point or cornerstone.  don't they know Destiny is out soon and gamers and media alike are going to forget this all ever happened until the next time?
This is how like every "controversy" in every industry or field works.

I'm pretty impressed how this manages to pander to the "gamer community" AND pander to a presumed audience of older-school cultural reactionaries contemptuous of games and gamers at the same time. Masterfully done.
It really is a nice piece of writing.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 02:12:57 AM »
it's funny how like... the fringe people, who aren't really used to this industry, are talking about this like it's some turning point or cornerstone.  don't they know Destiny is out soon and gamers and media alike are going to forget this all ever happened until the next time?
I dunno, I've been following gaming for decades and haven't seen this level of childish antics sustained before. Sure you have the metldowns during console reveals but this is like that x10.

What I actually think is happening is the death of the status quo gaming "journalism". It's always had the quotes around it but now with twitch being defacto review machines, companies using social media to release preview information (you don't need a mag to find out who's doing what anymore) and the vloggers now making that their fulltime jobs everyone's looking to set themselves apart.

Before you had cutesy little "top 10" lists videos. But then everyone had done them and the lists ran out we got to lists like "Top 10 metroid beams." or some crap like that.  So people set out to set themselves apart and getting a cause allowed people to do that. I'm not saying "It's all about money". It's not. People wanted to voice their opinions and since now they can supported in that relatively easily now it's given way to echo chambers whether it be thunderfoot, or Anita or whomever. People have let the details kill them. And while I'm sure they think that this is just the beginning of their relative wars. But really, anyone that wasn't already in "the choir" for them will just leave and just watch twitch and youtube gameplay videos from people they don't feel preach to them and that's that.

Add to that the ego stroking of twitter and you got two camps with huge swollen heads going at each other. I don't think it's the end of gamers or anything like that. But I do think this is the beginning of the end of this sorta stuff being mainstream. The two sides have chosen their camp I think the rest of the people are just going to do their best to ignore them.
que

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »
If only the industry could get back to making good solid games, that teach good solid conservative values (with conservative gameplay mechanics).

©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 10:33:03 AM »
Haha, let's check back in three weeks.  Just this summer alone, the entire world has forgotten: a missing jumbo jet, Russia invading the Ukraine, Ukraine rebels shooting down a commercial airliner with a Russian-provided missile, Israel and Palestine's latest tiff, Ferguson, the death of Robin Williams, and more stuff that *I'm* surely forgetting.  But they're going to remember that time an indie dev had sex with a Kotaku writer? 

I've also been following gaming for decades, and I've seen worse than this.  Three weeks.

edit: the traditional gaming media *is* dying, though.  that's because traditional gaming *itself* is dying.
That's a good point. Nothing seems to hold anyone's attention very long we'll see.
I don't know if I'd agree that traditional gaming is dying. It's always been fluctuating. Really I only hear this "traditional gaming is dying!" argument from people who think that mobile games that people use as toilet time entertainment is way more important than it is. Yeah mobile gaming is going to remove a section of gamers that frankly weren't really part of "traditional gaming" otherwise. The market is changing but it's not going to stop.
que

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 10:36:11 AM »
I've also been following gaming for decades, and I've seen worse than this.  Three weeks.

edit: the traditional gaming media *is* dying, though.  that's because traditional gaming *itself* is dying.

regardless of the health of "traditional gaming", you don't acknowledge there's been a huge shift in where the average gamer internetard goes for their slice of critical_opinion? every big gaming website and their grandma is trying to reinvent themselves as a personality based entertainment portal because that's the only way they can hope to buttress their present mindshare against the oncoming tide.

a lot of the most abrasive attempts from video game journalists to solidify themselves as serious writers are largely a reaction to this. they've got their second class bachelor's degree and they'll be damned if they're outclicked by some kid in his bedroom whose expertise in a particular game comes from streaming it for 18 hours a day, or some youtube spastic with nice hair and good teeth.

hampster

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 10:40:57 AM »
I'm kind of impressed this current round of games industry fussing snowballed from an ex-boyfriend with an axe to grind. Looking forward to when we have our own TMZ-games
Zzz

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 10:53:51 AM »
When the market is "changing" in a constant downward direction in sales for 5 years, that's usually called dying, man.  Consoles are over.  PC and mobile are the future.
Yeah but then that only holds true if your definition of gaming doesn't include PCs (which you're dumb if it doesn't). Mobile being the future? It'll be around. but I think the toilet gaming apocalypse hype is a bit over done.
That would be true of "traditional console gaming".
But even then. I'd argue it's shrinking (or correcting, in my book) not dying.
que

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 10:59:07 AM »
Aren't PS4 sales better than expected, at something like 10 million units sold worldwide, already?
ど助平

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 11:08:10 AM »
WDW

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 11:26:16 AM »

Aren't PS4 sales better than expected, at something like 10 million units sold worldwide, already?

It had a strong launch, but it's slowed down quite a bit since and has now fallen behind the Wii, time-adjusted.  The Xbone is way lower than the 360 was at this point, and the WiiU is behind the PS3.  Software sales are considerably poorer relative to last gen even sorting out Nintendo from the equation.  Meanwhile, budgets are higher by a good measure.

The PS4 is probably going to eke out enough to make money.  The other two won't.  And third parties, for the most part, are just going to keep on bleeding in the console sector.

the PS4 is the twilight princess of consoles.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »

It had a strong launch, but it's slowed down quite a bit since and has now fallen behind the Wii, time-adjusted.  The Xbone is way lower than the 360 was at this point, and the WiiU is behind the PS3.  Software sales are considerably poorer relative to last gen even sorting out Nintendo from the equation.  Meanwhile, budgets are higher by a good measure.

The PS4 is probably going to eke out enough to make money.  The other two won't.  And third parties, for the most part, are just going to keep on bleeding in the console sector.

Couldn't it be argued that the slowdown is likely due to the hype dying down and people now waiting for actual games before purchasing it? I'd imagine it'll have a very good holiday season.

I wonder if the NFL app update (CBS and ESPN support...still shocked they didn't have either last year)+pricecut will help turn things around a bit for the XB1.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 12:25:09 PM »
I'm kind of impressed this current round of games industry fussing snowballed from an ex-boyfriend with an axe to grind. Looking forward to when we have our own TMZ-games

www.fatbabies.com
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 12:26:07 PM »
It reminds me of the late 90s when PC mags and their geezer writers were hopelessly out of touch with the young gamers of that era.

Man, early 90s PC Gamer was something else.
乱学者

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 12:28:34 PM »
It's slowing down at a greater rate than previous consoles, is the problem.  More front-loaded, essentially.  That's not a good thing because it indicates interest outside the hardcore base is weaker than prior gens.  Not a surprise to anyone paying attention, though.

i've repeated it a bunch of times, but after the initial holiday rush - the only period of genuinely impressive PS4 sales - sony came out and talked up how "50% of PS4 owners also own a vita".

says all you need to know about the demographics.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »
It's slowing down at a greater rate than previous consoles, is the problem.  More front-loaded, essentially.  That's not a good thing because it indicates interest outside the hardcore base is weaker than prior gens.  Not a surprise to anyone paying attention, though.

i've repeated it a bunch of times, but after the initial holiday rush - the only period of genuinely impressive PS4 sales - sony came out and talked up how "50% of PS4 owners also own a vita".

says all you need to know about the demographics.

Also why Valve's dropping Steamboxes like a hot rock, Microsoft's timed exclusive contracts are allowing for PC ports and Sony can't convince indies to stay PS4 only. That PC market is money if you play it right and more people are realising that if you can set up a lego set, have access to youtube and an hour or two. You can build your own.

Though I'm pretty sure we will hear how 150K PS4 sales in America during August is "BEAST MODE" when NPD's drop. :gaben

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 01:15:26 PM »
"achingly politically correct American tech bloggers"

Calling Treesong out!

:leon
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »

Calling Treesong out!

Hasn't that ship sailed? Treesong is now doomed to be a "Tech Dad" forever. I look forward to his upcoming threads: "Five Easy Steps to Check Facebook on Your Television" and "3G vs 4G, What's The Difference?"

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 04:33:35 PM »

Calling Treesong out!

Hasn't that ship sailed? Treesong is now doomed to be a "Tech Dad" forever. I look forward to his upcoming threads: "Five Easy Steps to Check Facebook on Your Television" and "3G vs 4G, What's The Difference?"

I'm getting a new television later this month and I'm working overtime to find one WITHOUT 3D.  :flabbypd
乱学者

benjipwns

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 10:02:15 PM »

my fav images out of this
USA

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »
I feel like there needs to be some ominous music playing while I read this.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:42 PM »

dog

benjipwns

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 10:16:14 PM »
It's all really coming together now. The big picture is in sight.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »
Loose Change II: Loose Women
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 10:21:48 PM »
I think it's important to note that Obama completely ignored this ongoing crisis during Tanghazi.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 10:22:43 PM »
I know this makes me a bad person or whatever but this is not something that I'm going to ever give a shit about as just an end consumer. Shitty people make products for a mostly shitty audience, news at 11. I feel bad for people that are trying to make a living in the industry, but it's not something I'm gonna devote energy to.
yar

benjipwns

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »
I know this makes me a bad person or whatever but this is not something that I'm going to ever give a shit about as just an end consumer. Shitty people make products for a mostly shitty audience, news at 11. I feel bad for people that are trying to make a living in the industry, but it's not something I'm gonna devote energy to.
OH MAI DAWGD, IT'S FILM AT ELEVEN

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »
I know this makes me a bad person or whatever but this is not something that I'm going to ever give a shit about as just an end consumer. Shitty people make products for a mostly shitty audience, news at 11.
Yeah, Jaffe is a fuck, ditto Itagaki, etc, etc....
Hi

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »
That's like some Timecube shit up there...
^_^

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 12:29:28 AM »
Sure, ghst, kids are watching pewdiepie for game recs far more than they are reading long form shite, but I see that as hand-in-hand with the traditional gaming market shift.  They go for pewdiepie et al because he's approaching gaming the way they do, and that's something the 40something traditional journo crowd has last their grip on.

It reminds me of the late 90s when PC mags and their geezer writers were hopelessly out of touch with the young gamers of that era.
You know this is somewhat what I was getting it. It's a largely a tone problem. I know that both sides of the camp like to think "I have thirty thousand followers. we're an army!" But really they don't understand just how massive the market really is. Sure you got 30k followers, and yeah, that's a lot of people. But in relation to the market? All you have a is a sliver of a sliver. Look at Pewdiepie and the people like him, they got millions of people following and they're still just a slice. The thing is that they will continue to grow because as you said they take on games the same way the current gen does. Until people clue into this we're going to see people thrashing and wailing trying to up their imagined "influence". You got two camps fighting over a sliver of a sliver of market share while people like Pewdiepie and others just skate pass them laughing.
que

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 12:48:42 AM »
Haha, let's check back in three weeks.  Just this summer alone, the entire world has forgotten: a missing jumbo jet, Russia invading the Ukraine, Ukraine rebels shooting down a commercial airliner with a Russian-provided missile, Israel and Palestine's latest tiff, Ferguson, the death of Robin Williams, and more stuff that *I'm* surely forgetting.  But they're going to remember that time an indie dev had sex with a Kotaku writer? 

well, to be fair, given scientific advances in reanimating the dead that means that only one of those events is a guaranted one off occurance so maybe it won't vanish into the ether?

O=X

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 11:47:18 AM »
yep, and in 15-20 years, someone will skate past those guys.  like three generations arguing about rock music.

for what it's worth, i think the shaky position the market's in has everyone all around on edge.  it's not that the writers can't see that the meteor is coming, it's that they really can't do a thing about it.  that's why bad news about the industry tends to be played off by people on every level.  nobody wants to admit the gravy train is reaching its final destination, even if it's obvious to everyone on board, because they've bet hard on it and have nowhere else to go.

/v/ mods are killing it because they are sick of it so expect it to die down between now and the Destiny release.

Meanwhile, New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 announced that can do VR. Collective pants shitting between writers and console fanboys reaches all time high now that the mobile market is really starting to reach in to take the console's lunch (Especially the Sony fanboys who are not taking it well because it basically fucks Morpheus' chances of getting in production. Methodis Suicide Watch begins anew) 

Himu

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 12:20:46 PM »
:rejoice GAMER TEARS :rejoice
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »
Always wanted to do vr while I poop. I mean candy crush saga in vr? The future is now gentlemen
que

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2014, 01:23:20 PM »
So that's where my rape urges went.  :ohhh Thanks vidya!
©ZH

Himu

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Video games saved my life

Also ruined my life

Thanks video games!
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2014, 03:01:16 PM »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2014, 06:20:53 PM »
I don't care about the corruption in the industry but nothing boils my blood more than Patreon. These people are getting paid to do NOTHING. MONTHLY. BY OTHER GAME DEVS AND JOURANLISTS. It's fucking stupid and shouldn't exist.
USA

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »
The best parts of Oscar's posts are that I read them in Oscar the grouch's voice. Which makes them doubly awesome.
que

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2014, 08:13:56 PM »

I don't care about the corruption in the industry but nothing boils my blood more than Patreon. These people are getting paid to do NOTHING. MONTHLY. BY OTHER GAME DEVS AND JOURANLISTS. It's fucking stupid and shouldn't exist.

Remarkably, this is probably the dumbest fucking post you've ever made at the Bore.  Congrats, you Pop-Tart Strawberry Sprinkle-encrusted dipshit.

how about they get a real job doing something and actually work on their hobbies in the spare time and be rewarded instead of being special princesses and getting free money just for being women?

this is what happens when you get rid of bullying in school.
USA

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »

Remarkably, this is probably the dumbest fucking post you've ever made at the Bore.  Congrats, you Pop-Tart Strawberry Sprinkle-encrusted dipshit.

how about they get a real job doing something and actually work on their hobbies in the spare time and be rewarded instead of being special princesses and getting free money just for being women?

this is what happens when you get rid of bullying in school.

Posts like these are what happens when you un-leper Methodis and let him think he's an actual person with opinions anyone wants to hear.
yar

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2014, 08:18:03 PM »
a bunch of SJW on the bore, what a surprise
USA

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »
Maybe you missed the post earlier where I said I'd never give a shit about this issue. I just don't like people ACTIVELY GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY to be cunts. You deserve to know you suck and your opinions are shit, I think we should re-leper you and throw away the key.
yar

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2014, 08:20:06 PM »
How did I go out of my way to be a cunt? Do you think Patreon is a good idea? Do you think game developers / journalists should be paid MONTHLY to do NOTHING by the people who review/develop the games?
USA

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2014, 08:40:12 PM »
I bet Gamersgate.com is pretty excited about all this free publicity.
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »

Reminds me of a chillout room at a superclub.
^_^

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 11:39:55 PM »
I bet Gamersgate.com is pretty excited about all this free publicity.

thanks for reminding me that i bought games from them years ago
😈

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2014, 12:19:13 AM »
I read a chunk of that article and it's just, like...man, I don't care about any of it.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2014, 12:50:38 AM »
I read a chunk of that article and it's just, like...man, I don't care about any of it.
That is the point of most everything I’ve written this week. I guess I’ve been too obtuse. Let me make it clear for you — you will be required to care.Gay rights advocates on the steady march toward and past gay marriage will make you care. They will not give you room to sit on the fence.

A & E has now joined much of mass market culture in the Western World in picking sides in a fight — tolerance for gay rights, but not for Christians expressing honest answers to questions asked of their faith. The only surprise is that the Christians of Duck Dynasty could last there as long as they did. A&E has as much right to do this as you have to turn the channel. But they have clearly aligned themselves against us in the culture wars.

The world is at war with Christ and those who put their faith in Christ. The silver lining of this act is that many Christians who decided they could sit on the sidelines and not have to care will have a wake up call — particularly millennial Christians.

The Church, however, must show it will stand with those who stand with Christ and not shy away from this fight lest too many weak and new Christians go wobbly and silent.

You will be made to care. You will not be given the option of silence or the sidelines.

benjipwns

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2014, 04:56:56 AM »

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2014, 06:53:16 AM »
Oh, I get it.  This is your new trolling trip now that MS is trolling themselves. 

Very clever, son.  You got me.

Methodis' mortal enemy John Drake is now working for Sony. This has caused the ultimate in psychological breaks. That boy ain't right.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2014, 08:43:33 AM »
Here's what baffles me:

To the people who really, genuinely are putting energy into this- are you operating under the assumption that the majority of people who self-identify as "gamers" AREN'T a bunch of socially stunted, ill adjusted man children that are, in fact, awful human beings? Because you're wasting your time. They are. The vast, vast majority of them. Just give up. Stop trying to identify as a "gamer" and save it. It's not worth it, they're not worth it, the industry, in fact, is not worth it. The idea of "gaming" as culture is not worth it. Be a person that happens to enjoy games from time to time. You'll feel better and will save yourself a shit ton of self-inflicted grief.

This sordid episode did remind me that I need to buy and play Zoe's game at some point, so good job shitheels I guess? +1 sale.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2014, 10:20:34 AM »
I'll shoot her $5, the concept interests me.
yar