Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 806188 times)

Tasty

Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #4140 on: October 20, 2017, 05:55:34 PM »
These tracks toku sent over for my new horror short :whew

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4141 on: October 20, 2017, 05:56:14 PM »
toku is the real deal

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #4142 on: October 21, 2017, 12:27:10 PM »
Scored 2 large office desks (in great shape), worth probably $2k, and got paid to disassemble and transport them to my house :)
Fish<

agrajag

« Reply #4143 on: October 21, 2017, 12:51:26 PM »
What happened to Walrus?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4144 on: October 21, 2017, 12:54:12 PM »
Switched to using the Jack account

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4145 on: October 21, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »
Sold my ethereum for bitcoin during today's bitcoin dip and made an additional $100 on my initial investment. :rejoice

And bitcoin is very bullish lately (and ether is rather bearish which is like catching falling knives.  :doge) so I can easily see myself making a couple hundred USD this weekend. :success

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4146 on: October 23, 2017, 02:17:02 PM »
7 day shift  done tonight. . Shits exhausting. But the gf said to come over after for a treat. So yolo
dur

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4147 on: October 23, 2017, 02:50:08 PM »
Hope she made you a cake

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4148 on: October 23, 2017, 05:24:13 PM »
Oh gawd that would be the best outcome possible
dur

agrajag

« Reply #4149 on: October 23, 2017, 05:24:55 PM »
Switched to using the Jack account

Jack, please respond

agrajag

« Reply #4150 on: October 23, 2017, 05:26:06 PM »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4151 on: October 24, 2017, 02:01:40 AM »
Pumpkin pie Kit Kat

Tasty

« Reply #4152 on: October 24, 2017, 02:25:44 AM »
Speaking of Kit Kat, I'm fucking head over heels in love with my Pixel 2. :bow

injurai

« Reply #4153 on: October 24, 2017, 02:29:37 AM »
Ate a whole cainiac

Syph

« Reply #4154 on: October 24, 2017, 03:55:13 AM »
Sold my ethereum for bitcoin during today's bitcoin dip and made an additional $100 on my initial investment. :rejoice

And bitcoin is very bullish lately (and ether is rather bearish which is like catching falling knives.  :doge) so I can easily see myself making a couple hundred USD this weekend. :success
are you mining too or just holding currencies
XO

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4155 on: October 24, 2017, 04:06:04 AM »
Holding and day trading USD & Bitcoin exclusively (for now).

I'm waiting for another large deposit from one of my bank accounts before I seriously spread out into altcoins.

Mining seems like a giant pain in the ass.

edit: Also, one of my goals with crypto is to make the equivalent of my bi-weekly salary at my day job each week. If I can do that I might end up working part time there or... leave potentially.  :doge
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:14:38 AM by Atramental »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4156 on: October 24, 2017, 05:19:31 AM »
Hope it works out for you, but I have my doubts.

Don't even think about mining. There are outfits that went so far as to buy Youtube ads, for whatever goddamned reason.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #4157 on: October 24, 2017, 09:42:18 AM »

I'm waiting for another large deposit from one of my bank accounts before I seriously spread out into altcoins.

edit: Also, one of my goals with crypto is to make the equivalent of my bi-weekly salary at my day job each week. If I can do that I might end up working part time there or... leave potentially.  :doge

How much time do you invest in this stuff? I suppose any fool can start trading and be lucky but even tho I have absolutely no fucking clue about any of this, I guess you've got to do at least some research to stand your ground.

Good luck anyway. Tho I hope you weren't serious about ditching your job for this :doge 

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #4158 on: October 24, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »
Booked roundtrip tickets to Taipei for 548 CAD. Anyone ever been? Kinda just jumped on the deal without thinking about what I'd want to do there haha.
zzzzz

agrajag

« Reply #4159 on: October 24, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »

How much time do you invest in this stuff? I suppose any fool can start trading and be lucky but even tho I have absolutely no fucking clue about any of this, I guess you've got to do at least some research to stand your ground.

Good luck anyway. Tho I hope you weren't serious about ditching your job for this :doge

Cryptocurrency is so volatile you don't really need any expertise to make money. When it's down you buy, when it's up you sell.. (or sit on it hoping it keeps going up)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4160 on: October 24, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »

Not a ton of time. After an hour has passed I look for "buy and sell signals" on this chart. I use RSI, MACD, Bollinger Bands, Volume, and sometimes Ichimoku Cloud indicators to help aid my trading decisions so I can gain about 80% certainty about how things will pan out:
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/hCueyyM0/#

If you know what to look for it's pretty easy. Then again, I have been on-and-off studying this stuff for a while after I started paper trading on this thing called IQ Options (which isn't available in the US anymore).

spoiler (click to show/hide)

The final amount I made paper trading there.  :doge

[close]

Also, I don't bet the "whole farm". I put in relatively small amounts at a time and have stop losses in place on GDAX that will pull me out of a trade if it doesn't go how I want it to. Also, inversely, I can set up GDAX to sell off my trades when they reach a certain price so I'm not sitting in front my computer all day waiting to sell at some high point. It'll just do it automatically for me.

It would be short term if I did.

I just need something that allows me to work from home and for myself while I try to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life because I'm realizing now that I don't want to be in my late 30s working long hours at some web design/marketing firm for people that I despise for hardly any money (at least relative in my field).  :fbm
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:10:19 PM by Atramental »

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #4161 on: October 24, 2017, 01:53:09 PM »
I completely refurnished my place.. now all my furniture and refrigerator are brand new. I feel like an adult.
UNF

Syph

« Reply #4162 on: October 24, 2017, 04:12:22 PM »

Cryptocurrency is so volatile you don't really need any expertise to make money. When it's down you buy, when it's up you sell.. (or sit on it hoping it keeps going up)
You need expertise if you're buying anything other than the major cryptos or if you're taking a stab at any ICOs. Also to just keep your head afloat in general because there is a lot of shady shit that goes on behind the scenes. That being said, I'm extremely bullish on crypto, ethereum specifically (nothing against bitcoin though).

As far as buy when it's down selling when it's up, that used to be the case in the earlier days, but lately it's becoming more and more pertinent to understand what a "bear trap" is.
XO

« Reply #4163 on: October 24, 2017, 06:35:03 PM »
I made multiple posts outside of the GAF thread
 :dice

Rich!

« Reply #4164 on: October 24, 2017, 07:44:42 PM »
I was off work for half a day on Monday and sent an email to my manager to make sure all the work I did Friday and Monday morning was processed properly on the system

came in yesterday to find I probably shouldn't have let anyone else touch it. it was properly fucked up. had to spend all of yesterday fixing 700+ payment records before we issue bacs tomorrow. managed to pull it off though. good shit

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4165 on: October 24, 2017, 10:11:42 PM »
Booked roundtrip tickets to Taipei for 548 CAD. Anyone ever been? Kinda just jumped on the deal without thinking about what I'd want to do there haha.

I've only been to the airport. The airport was clean but very boring. Lots of unused space in what I assume are optimistically large terminal legs.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4166 on: October 25, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »
Decided once my hand is done healing that I would start getting a recital set ready.

It'll probably take me a year to get everything up to snuff. But I've missed this getting ready for a recital stuff.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4167 on: October 25, 2017, 11:58:56 PM »
Turned in a new assignment for the client, and they were overjoyed with the same design concept I'd hoped they'd like.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4168 on: October 26, 2017, 09:54:38 PM »
Just finished connecting and soldering my old head unit to my Mustangs fucking convoluted Mach audio systems harness. Took me three hours since I had to make sure the added amp wires and 12v to 5v converter were all in the right place. Now shes sitting pretty waiting for me to slide it in. After that I'll have to set up my 12" 1000w Alpine Type R sub and blast trap music in my new ride.
:9

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4169 on: October 27, 2017, 02:59:16 AM »
Today after work its friday bar, then after that I go to the pub with some colleagues, then I get on a flight to London to meet up with friends and see the Arsenal and grab some pints. Then flying back on sunday morning to be with girls again.

What a weekend lads.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #4170 on: October 27, 2017, 07:31:42 AM »
Since I'm a lazy bum I've been putting off visiting my local residents' registration office even though I've been living in this city for over a year. You got to do this two weeks after the move-in at the latest, otherwise there'll be a fine up to 1.000 Euros.

So I went there this morning with some bogus story and maybe it helped that I kept constant eye contact with that clerk because in the end I didn't have to pay shit, didn't even get a reprimand. :neogaf

Though I think that dude was just bored out of his mind and wanted to make it through into the weekend without a hitch  :lol

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4171 on: October 27, 2017, 07:59:39 AM »
Today after work its friday bar, then after that I go to the pub with some colleagues, then I get on a flight to London to meet up with friends and see the Arsenal and grab some pints. Then flying back on sunday morning to be with girls again.

What a weekend lads.

Oh,  THAT'S what living life is. I've never seen it laid out so perfectly.
rub

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4172 on: October 27, 2017, 01:31:49 PM »
was sharing my recital set list with a few guitar friends and one guy new to the group was like "LOL yeah right like you can play all that."

The group went sorta quiet and was like, "Yes. Yes he can."

Having guitar bros that have faith in your ability  :jawalrus
que

Oblivion

« Reply #4173 on: October 31, 2017, 04:04:19 PM »
Literally just got hired out of the blue for a new job with a HUGE pay bump! :rock :rock :rock

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4174 on: October 31, 2017, 04:37:10 PM »
was sharing my recital set list with a few guitar friends and one guy new to the group was like "LOL yeah right like you can play all that."

The group went sorta quiet and was like, "Yes. Yes he can."

Having guitar bros that have faith in your ability  :jawalrus

Was it the original Wild Thing or the Sam Kinnison version?  :doge
©ZH

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4175 on: October 31, 2017, 06:43:31 PM »
9% payrise, working like a dog this year has paid off :lawd

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4176 on: November 01, 2017, 03:59:02 AM »
Two people got laid off yesterday, one from my team due to lack of sales and bad mentality.

Boss said I shouldn't worry too much since my mentality is good so it makes up for meh sales so far and he can see I'm putting in a shift.

Feels like a victory not getting laid off, but also kind of like I should double my effort AND start looking around.

In the end YAY for dodging a bullet there.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4177 on: November 01, 2017, 04:16:16 PM »
Listened to the first Christian Death album three times today. I might have to start listing it as a favorite, but their name is too edgy to publicly display :(
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4178 on: November 01, 2017, 04:35:43 PM »
- always put out feelers for more when there's a layoff. Always. I always view layoffs are a failure in proper planning, not reading the market properly, or not attaining the proper rate of attrition in certain departments. If they really are layoffs, always just put out a few feelers because one failure typically precedes another. Now if they're "layoffs" because they don't want to use the word "fired" that's different. I'd say it sounds like these people were fired more than laid off truth be told.  That's typically not something to worry about so long your boss likes you

For my triumph I had a massive meeting today where in essence I had to tell a client, "Your team is bad, it's your fault you're late, and it's going to cost you a ton." and I absolutely killed it. After that nervous break down in July, it's nice to know I still got it.
que

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4179 on: November 01, 2017, 07:18:05 PM »
Some dumbass tried to scoot on by me to a merge while I was still in my Mustangs 2nd gear powerband. That last minute pass on the right that makes you brake as they cut in. I was able to give my baby about half a throttle and pull two car lengths over the asshole before the merge. Scenarios like this make the horrific MPGs worth it.
:9

hampster

« Reply #4180 on: November 03, 2017, 02:42:59 PM »
Audible (former member) emailed me asking if I wanted a free trial with TWO credits. Signed up, used my credits, and cancelled :)

Got Ancillary Mercy and preordered Artemis (next book from The Martian author)
Zzz

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4181 on: November 03, 2017, 02:52:35 PM »
Upgraded my system to a Ryzen 3 1200 @ 3.8GHz. (Yes, this is an upgrade. Good night, X4 965, you've served me well.)
I only got a single 8GB stick of RAM though, because I absolutely refuse to pay more for RAM than the CPU. >:C
Also gonna keep using my GPU (280X) a while longer. Maybe VEGA's next iteration will have some decent mid-range options. :goty2 Otherwise, I'll just get a 1060 and call it a day.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:50:02 PM by Rufus »

Aeptia

« Reply #4182 on: November 03, 2017, 05:11:40 PM »
I logged into TheBore this morning  :preach

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4183 on: November 03, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »
Proud of you, Dufus. Keep it up. :clap

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4184 on: November 03, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
How are your fingertips holding up? :B

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4185 on: November 03, 2017, 05:59:51 PM »
Power through! >:|

archnemesis

« Reply #4186 on: November 04, 2017, 04:45:48 AM »
You don't need calluses to play. My hands are soft and I play a few minutes every day.

Practice regularly and take a break if your hand starts hurting. Once you get a hang of it then you won't have to use as much force.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #4187 on: November 04, 2017, 08:08:16 AM »
debating trading my moto guzzi v9 in for a triumph bonneville t100. i mean, i love the character of the 90-degree transverse v-twin and overall torque spread, but i hate having my shift linkage rattle loose every 100 miles. i mean, i COULD just loctite it, but if it breaks, i’d hafta replace the whole assembly. so why not get a bike with less character but better fit-and-finish? you feel me?
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4188 on: November 04, 2017, 08:42:12 AM »
My shift linkage strips every 15k miles or so. Waiting for it to happen on the new bike. It pisses me off so much.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4189 on: November 04, 2017, 09:52:04 AM »
I just played my guitar for the first time in months.

:stahp
Way to go man. I injured my hand and tried to pick it up 2 weeks ago. That was a big mistake, my hand hurt for 3 days after. Of course, instead of trying to ease back into things I started by trying to play some Albeniz and a bach cello partita. Probably not the best idea. But man, it was fun.

Keep at it.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4190 on: November 04, 2017, 10:03:07 AM »
Back in June our local animal shelter was having a free adoption month. Our lab is getting old (13) and we decided maybe it was time to get a doggo friend for her. We played with the idea of getting a dog from a breeder, but couldn't justify getting one when there's so many dogs in shelters that need help. So we went to the shelter and there was this female Pomchi mix that caught our attention. It had been found abandoned in a field and when we did the meet and greet the dog just cowered in the corner shaking, she didn't know what a leash was and when the handler put one on her the poor dog flipped out. The shelter handler was like "She's not ready for adoption I guess." and began to take her away. Wife and I looked at each other and were like, "We'll take her." (my wife has a way with special needs pets). Now just a few months later, that shaking dog is one of the biggest lover dogs I've seen. She sleeps on our bed. Wants pets all the time. Is always next to you wanting snuggles. She still hates strangers, but it's  interesting to see what a complete 180 she's made. From being terrified of a leash to now when you grab the leash she is beside herself with excitement.
que

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4191 on: November 04, 2017, 11:53:48 AM »
Homemade tacos for dinner today. :drool

agrajag

« Reply #4192 on: November 04, 2017, 11:56:11 AM »
Losing chops is the worst. Like maybe you haven't had time to practice for awhile, you pick up your guitar like "I'm going to play this riff/solo," and nope, mistakes everywhere, and your fingers seem incapable of getting to the right notes in time.

That always lasts at least a couple days if I have a serious lapse in practice.

Jack, do you know how to play Wonderwall or Sweet Home Alabama? Preferably at a party? Asking for a friend.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4193 on: November 04, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »
Okay so I wanted to post this almost a week ago. I didn't want any false alarms like before so this time I waited, but I've finally become less depressed. Past few months have been hell.

I'm eating better, actually brushing my teeth again, interest in things is back to the way it used to be. I was gonna post this in the WoW thread but because I'm less depressed I don't feel the need to escape with WoW anymore so I'm done with that. Although I'll keep it installed because lol private server no monthly fee.

I've also learned some more things about myself so I can make sure such a regression won't happen again. Hopefully from here on out things will stay steady like this and maybe even improve.

And also, I always wondered whether depression had an effect on my posting quality. I thought it didn't matter. But my like streak started a few days ago. Not a coincidence! :rock

Didn't read but since it's a long post in this thread it must be good news. Liked.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4194 on: November 04, 2017, 12:49:57 PM »
I'm up $900+ this week alone in crypto investments.  And I'm just getting started. :rash

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4195 on: November 04, 2017, 12:56:20 PM »
Wish I had that kind of fake money

Alcoholic Fish

« Reply #4196 on: November 04, 2017, 09:31:17 PM »
Now that I'm three months into a new job, I think I successfully dodged being black balled out of my industry by my vindictive previous employer.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4197 on: November 04, 2017, 09:35:49 PM »
Move that to the struggle thread.  We don't dodge black balls around here.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #4198 on: November 04, 2017, 09:58:04 PM »
Sorted the the bulk (1k+) of my mtg collection, listing all my eternal trades and selling everything from standard I don't have, or won't use, in decks I play :rejoice #lifeofawizard

spoiler (click to show/hide)
coming to terms with having spent thousands on cards, and have to spend a fuck load of time recouping partial costs  :shaq2 try to play a kids game competitively brehs :nintendo  :stop
[close]
◕‿◕

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4199 on: November 05, 2017, 12:17:15 AM »
I managed to get down a bunch of old boxes I forgot even existed in the attic of our old house today. Said old house which is now officially ready to finally be put on the damned market.