Author Topic: Mod Organizer (Nexus Mod Manager replacement)  (Read 13641 times)

huckleberry

Mod Organizer (Nexus Mod Manager replacement)
« on: March 10, 2015, 06:41:50 AM »
Any of you guys using Mod Organizer instead of NMM for Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout, NV...etc? I just started using it yesterday and it immediately fixed the one giant problem I have with modding those games and that is filling the install folder with mod .dll files. MO uses virtual folders to link to the game leaving your original install completely vanilla.
I don't know how many boreans mod these games but you should give a look if you do.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?
wub

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Re: Mod Organizer (Nexus Mod Manager replacement)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 11:38:45 AM »
I recently modded skyrim (first time I've actually modded one of the elder scroll games) and I believe this is what I used but I also had to end up using like 4 other additional programs. I used some guide on reddit. It's fun but also a bit time consuming as you figure it out the first time.

huckleberry

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 02:46:41 PM »
I had the same problem at first with NMM - this one was a bit easier for me but I watched some YT vids on it first.  The hardest part was getting SKSE installed correctly. SKSE allows some cool ass mods like SkyUI and Immersive HUD.

The other weird thing about this one is you have to install it again for each game. Not a problem really - it just isnt able to handle more than one game at a time. Works perfectly for keeping that shit organized though.
wub

Stoney Mason

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 01:58:46 PM »
Had to format my hard drive so lost my modded skyrim, so I redid it again last night.

Last time I used like 40 mods. This time that number ballooned to 108. Shit is addictive.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 04:56:09 AM »
Finally finished up modding for what will be my definitive playthrough. Ended up with 230+ plus mods. (Not really the number because I combined a good number but you get the point)

I have to say Skyrim as an experience is just insanely impressive. I feel like I understand video games better after doing all the fucking research to get the mods I wanted. I ended up going with nearly everything I thought was cool except the survival stuff like Frostfall and the stuff where you have to eat and you can get diseases and such. I debated getting those things but ultimately I just want the experience to be fun rather than necessarily grueling so I passed on those.

Also passed on installing the enb's. I mean some of them look freaking gorgeous and add amazing effects and just make the colors pop beautifully, but in the end the performance hit was so great that I preferred to just go with non-enb stuff to improve the look. Although its the first time, I've wanted to upgrade and get a top of the line video card just so I could see some of this stuff in its full glory.

I would say my favorites graphical mods were the 2k/4k hd texture stuff, Pure Weather which I much preferred over climates of Tamriel which I didn't really care for even though its incredibly popular. And Enhanced Lights and FX. Those three things alone improve the base look of the game over the vanilla experience and give it just a terrific outdoor and indoor contrast.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
I actually don't think screenshots do it justice. The whole experience can be highly amazing as you are exploring this world and seeing the shit in real time as far as the eye can see. That top picture may not be anything special but I can tell you as it happened it was awesome. It was starting to get dark. And then those lights and lanterns around that store suddenly kicked on illuminating the darkening light. That's not like a pre-fab lighted situation. It was dark and I couldn't see very well and then the lights came on. I was like wow.

The good gameplay mods are too many to mention. From very minor things to things that really improve the experience. Really fun experience. I would highly recommend anyone falling down the modding skyrim rabbit hole if you've never given it a try.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:24:31 AM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 02:38:11 PM »
Modded Skyrim is pretty much a completely different experience. To be honest? I find it a little difficult to mod the game sometimes while preserving the original vision of the developers.

That was my original goal. I only was going to put in a few mods that I thought would be convenient.But at a certain point it just seemed like instead of replacing the car stereo why not just overhaul the whole damn car.

I know modding is nothing new but for me modding at this scale really opens my eyes to how special something could become. I wish every game did this. The amazing shit we would get from that viewpoint would be astounding. I think I've switched over to the idea that maybe a game shouldn't just be the original vision of the developers. That what makes video games special is the interactive nature and that can extend from the gameplay perspective to the design perspective. And who is to say anyone is more right or wrong than anybody else if you give everybody the tools and the freedom.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:43:34 PM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 12:52:08 AM »
If I had to pick a top 10 of my favorite mods I've tried so far it would be

Deadly Combat- I like the faster pace and greater lethality it brings to the table.

Pure Weather- God Damn gorgeous and variable lighting. Much more to my taste than Climates of Tamriel

Enhanced Lights and FX -Does the same as Pure Weather but for interiors and dungeons

Dynamic Loot- You have to be careful how you tweak it but makes loot much more enojoyable and variable.

Crafting ReCategorized - Takes the confusing crafting menus and makes them immediately understandable.

aMididian Book of Silence- Dude has lots of awesome new textures and creatures and landscapes

Alternate Start- ive Another Life- Mandatory imo. You can play with the vanilla start that skyrim always has or skip that intro and start in a bunch of different settings.

Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming-adds awesome looking cloaks to the game.

Black Horse Courier Reborn- Essentially a newspaper that news-ifies the events of the game,

special fellow- more fun skill system than the default

edit: Will add an 11th. Fantasy Soundtrack Project. Adds a shitload of skyrim/lotr style music to the game.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:45:14 AM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 11:05:55 AM »
I definitely have it installed. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

Same with Helgen Reborn.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 12:55:28 PM »
We should just make this the bore modding thread :rejoice

-

Makes sense. I'm definitely going to go back and try Oblivion, Fallout, etc with this stuff.

huckleberry

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 02:39:08 PM »
Stoney are you using mod organizer or nmm?

I had to stop playing right after I made the thread and completely forgot what my plans for skyrim were.....really glad I was using mod organizer since I can just delete the folder and start fresh without having to reinstall.
wub

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »
Mod Organizer.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 03:31:26 AM »
As a side project I went ahead and modded Oblivion also. Much more difficult. Mod Organizer works for a lot of the mods but some mods either require installation in the data folder of the game or original plugins folder or they require a lot of playing around to figure out, if you aren't going to go that route. Plus skyrim is so active that you can easily find out an answer to something that is giving you a problem. Because Oblivion is so much older, there is less information available or updated to be relevant to what is currently going on. It was kind of a pain in the ass honestly and for most normal people waiting for Skyblivion is by far the more reasonable course.

All that being said, I was essentially able to stick every mod I wanted in there except Better Cities. I would have loved to have added that one but it requires a number of compatibility patches to work with unique landscapes and I couldn't be bothered setting all up properly. For what its worth I think the game actually looks pretty good considering its age. And you can easily put an enb on top of it which I did since its an older title. I forgot how lush and fantasy-esque the environments were in Oblivion compared to the somewhat starker nature of Skyrim.

A couple of pics.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 05:49:29 AM »
That's a bit over-saturated for my liking, but I'm sure it looks good in motion.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 11:24:12 AM »
That's a bit over-saturated for my liking, but I'm sure it looks good in motion.

Yeah, I can hear that. ENB's tend to give a specific instagram style filter look to games depending on the enb. This one is called A Tweaked ENB.

nudemacusers

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 12:24:08 PM »
goddamnit every time dudes talk about skyrim mods i want to reinstall it and play it all over again.

gimme a top ten role-play/world build/interesting gameplay/combat mods. don't care about visuals as I'm running this on intel iris.

edit: oh I see yall listed some... never did alternate start, sounds neat.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/games/Skyrim/announcements/detail/139952470913885583

They are basically going to allow you to charge for your skyrim mods. It's hard to begrudge anyone who wants to make some money off their hard work but I also can't help but feel this will now make the scene so much more confusing and fragmented.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 03:29:17 PM »
Yeah. I get it for very large quest mods potentially. But the slippery slope is that a whole bunch of relatively little mods will now do it meaning the experience that I'm having now which is currently free will suddenly cost a lot of money potentially. Not to mention that a lot of mods build off each other. Changing the ecosystem will make that whole situation very weird.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:34:15 PM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 03:42:09 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/33qcaj/the_experiment_has_failed_my_exit_from_the/

Who would guess that a scene based around loose rules about using other people's content would be a legal minefield

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 06:02:04 PM »
Typical "fix it later" Valve roll-out.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 09:31:05 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/33quz6/skyui_pretty_much_one_of_the_most_essential_mods/

Skyui going the pay route.

The old version will remain up on nexus and will supposedly get core improvement if absolutely necessary from the paid version. And it begins.  :'(

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »
The dream of freely suckling on the unpaid modder's teat is now over.  :stahp
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:30:54 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 10:34:32 PM »
Well I guess I'm never going to try Skryim again
itm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 10:39:12 PM »
Well I guess I'm never going to try Skryim again

Start hoarding mods now, there's still time.
dog

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 10:42:34 PM »
That's not a bad idea, are any of the main ones charging yet?
itm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 03:53:35 PM »
Now I remember that Skyrim mods exist again, time to waste a few weeks. Thanks, Gabebama.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »
Been download Skyrim mods today like a crazy man. It probably won't even boot up when I'm done, but I don't care.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 10:36:23 PM »
By the way, if you're using the Mod Organizer but still want to use SKSE, there's a fairly simple way to accomplish that:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Script_Extender
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »
Yeah. The step guide for installing skyrim is useful but also confusing at bits.

I used a mix of it.

This guide.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/27fc6y/super_epic_guide_if_you_are_relatively_new_here/

And a few youtube videos from gopher

And the Gamepoets youtube stuff

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamerpoets

Even still I fucked up a number of times and really only got it mostly right during the 2nd attempt. I still fucked a few times but was able to fix most of worst mistakes.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2015, 09:35:23 PM »
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6DF2DFECD08DC5EF&id=6df2dfecd08dc5ef%218756

I can't help but take pics as I play because the game looks so much better with mods.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 10:59:07 AM »
damn
pcp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 12:53:34 PM »
Playing New Vegas with mods. Used the fear and loathing guide from step. Be careful if you do because you can't really add anything on top of it, because New Vegas has a low plug in limit. Adding in more shit will tank the performance or cause all kind of other weird bugs. Performance is sketchy anyway even without adding anything.

Playing it on hardcore with project nevada and enjoying it. It makes you use all the items in the world instead of ignoring half of it like I did in my original vanilla playthrough. And early on you have to be careful with your money since you have to dump a lot of it into food.

I never much was into the survival mods in skyrim but I think it fits the fallout universe much better.

I'm current in love with this mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43757/?

Basically a home base with an inventory sorter and management system. Fucking brilliant. Something like it should have been in the base game.

I use mod organizer for it but its definitely a more complex setup than the typical skyrim setup is.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 09:08:46 PM »
 The amount of time the mod community has spent on new Vegas probably exceeds the amount of time the game developers were able to spend on it. The game had an incredibly short development schedule unlimited budget.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »
Feel back into skyrim modding again because why the fuck not. With my experience at least I was able to build my most stable mod experience yet with 308 mods. Using this ENB

Skyrim never stops giving.

:lawd

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 05:33:26 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1239424

Enderal is out well the German version is anyway.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 11:03:28 PM »
Downloaded it yesterday. I'm steeling myself for bad voice acting.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 12:51:18 PM »
Might be a while but I'll eventually get around to this.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1239424

Enderal is out well the German version is anyway.
I've played for about 5 hours. It's good for what it is, but I'm not going to keep playing. It's an entirely new world, new progression system, spells, skills, etc. but it still is very much Skyrim, and I really, really don't want to play more Skyrim.

Anyway, there are a few things I can sound off to (and be a surly curmudgeon about):

The writing is decent from what I've seen, as is the voice acting. It's on par with Bethesda's own efforts, anyway. Nothing really made me cringe, which is good enough for a total conversion.

The world itself is so cluttered at times that it's difficult to find your bearings, sometimes even the path in front of you. They don't know how to draw and lead your eye, something you only miss once it's gone.

For the interiors they tried to go for a more human scale, but it all just ends up feeling cramped. Curiously, exteriors are also cramped. There is such a dearth of flat land in the first area it seems as though they wanted to be the anti-Skyrim.
The first big city I got to had more loading screens seperating the quarters than even New Vegas. Paradoxically, this ends up making even Skyrim's glorified villages feel more like real cities. Yes, they're pretty empty, but there is also something resembling sprawl.

I have a sneaking suspicion that none of this is truly intended, that they simply couldn't get a grip on sightlines. The few vistas I've seen tanked my performance. This would explain why there are so many loading walls inside the city, too. Geometry overload, so, here's a loading wall. Shame.

One last thing: the bloom and HDR are really badly overdone (light sources in the vicinity made garlic and some wooden objects glow brighter than torches), but that can be dealt with using the "teofis" console command. It turns off a bunch of post-processing effects, at no real loss of visual fidelity that I could tell (or cared about, anyway). I think Skyrim had the same issue, though I don't remember it being this bad.

An A for effort, I suppose.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:44:23 PM by Rufus »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2016, 04:48:47 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2016, 05:00:30 PM »
Definitely going to download that and try it out.
dog

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2016, 08:15:29 PM »
nm figured it out

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »
Enderal? It comes with its own installer. Follow the instructions on the official website: www.enderal.com.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2016, 08:28:22 PM »
I downloaded it via torrent, and oddly enough the launcher wasn't included. Got it going now, though

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2016, 09:21:59 PM »
Looks interesting. But does it have nudity? what's a skyrim mod without nudity?
que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2016, 10:42:24 PM »
I'm sure it's compatible with most existing nude mods.
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2016, 12:26:43 PM »
Can't stop. Won't Stop.

Back in modding skyrim again. The nice thing is the release of the special edition has brought some new fire back to the modding scene, even if most of the current efforts are porting older mods to make them compatible with the special edition.

Preach it brother!

The centerpiece of my most recent mod list.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52248/?

I love this god damn mod.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise~

So, this guy's mods gave me an itch to play and I find myself rewarded:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/3959191/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Ordinator perks especially are just wonderful. Actually build-defining decisions? Why, yes, thank you. Why haven't I tried this sooner...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:29:50 PM by Rufus »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »
Yeah Ordinator is good. He also makes a good combat mod called Wildcat or something like that.

That's the thing. When people talk about Skyrim, as a vanilla experience, its pointless, since nobody plays skyrim in that manner. The game can become pretty much whatever you want it to be.

I haven't done a build yet, this year, but I'm sure I will at some point.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2017, 01:48:51 PM »
He put out an updated version called Smilodon. It's been tough adjusting to it, but it's nice to see an entire fortress come after you if you killed someone noisily or have someone advance on you with their shield up and keep it up, too. The great thing about Enai's mods is that they work great together. Ordinator + Smilodon + Apocaplypse offers so many great options.

The only snag I hit cam around lvl 20, when enemies started hitting harder, which resulted in a cavolcade of power attack one-shots. This was because I stupidly started off on master difficulty. I've since progressed through adept and expert back to master, but that was really rough and exposed the weakness in Skyrim's core animations, especially when played with a keyboard.

I'm pretty OP now. Spellblade builds are really strong with Ordinator. Add the Lamb of Mara spell from Enai's Apocalypse spell mod on top and I become invincible 1v1. Leeching 35% of dealt damage to health and stamina (thanks to the Restoration perk) is just stupid. :lol
I'm also in love with Occato's Recital. Instantly cast up to three self-targeted spells, free of charge, every time combat starts? Why, yes. Yes, please. (I've already made Alteration legendary because of this one alone.)

Stoney Mason

Stoney Mason

Freyj

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2018, 11:11:12 PM »
I’d heard some pretty bad things about that mod. Fallout New Incels was what the SA New Vegas thread deemed it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2019, 05:42:03 PM »
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2019, 05:51:19 PM »
What's gonna come out first, Skywind (or Skyblivion) or TESVI?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2019, 11:23:11 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2019, 04:30:31 AM »
Huh. They removed Patrick Steward's VO. A legal precaution, I presume?

Accompanying announcement from their site (dreadful font):
We have been hard at work these past few years and recently a lot of that work has fallen into place, finally shaping up to what we can call a proper video game.
We are super excited to see all our hard work pay off, more importantly though we are excited to show those who have supported us all this time what it has been for. It’s been a long ride but we are finally at a point where the end is almost in sight.
We still need help with the project though, mostly in the 3D and coding departments but concept artists, CK modders and texture artists are always a welcome sight.

Our exterior world map is nearing its final stages of development meaning its close to being completed. Creatures, flora, weapons, armors and 3D assets in general are being implemented and produced at a rapid pace and as a result the world is starting to feel alive. The world is now inhabited by wild animals walking about and monsters trying to kill you at every corner.
Quests have also made some great progress though a lot of debugging still needs to be done to make everything work as smoothly as possible.

If you are simply a fan of the project and you want to help please share our video where you can, you might just reach someone that will help us finish this monster of a project sooner.

Thank you for all the love and support ~Your Skyblivion Team

Stoney Mason

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2019, 09:03:58 AM »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2019, 03:44:25 AM »