Poll

Are you gonna pay 20 bucks to help feed these starving artists?

No
8 (30.8%)
Nein
13 (50%)
Njet
3 (11.5%)
Nee
1 (3.8%)
Nie
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: #TidalforAll  (Read 1551 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
#TidalforAll
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:34:37 AM »

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
Re: #TidalforAll
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »
 :neogaf
YMMV

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:42:06 AM »
Were gonna change history

:snoop

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 08:42:32 AM »
 :comeon
YMMV

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 08:45:50 AM »
i see madonna has nearly completed her transformation into a reptilian elder god
sup

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:32 AM »
So a new version of we are the world of what?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »
Huh...?

Oh, it's Spotify.
dog

sarslip

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 09:17:47 AM »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 09:18:36 AM »
This is a free range fair trade spotify, so you can help these starving artists like Madonna and Jay-Z.

How is Apple and Pineapple supposed to have a microbiotic diet from the measely Spotify royalties? Do you want to raise your children on cheap music knowing that Beyonce won't be buying the 2015 Lambo? What kind of message would that send.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 11:07:50 AM »
Make music for 16-24 year olds and then ask them to pay 10-20 dollars a month.

That's the business plan.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 11:10:24 AM »
It's easy to make a lot of music when you don't write any of it.
©ZH

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 11:19:56 AM »
And here I thought light train samurai would be the most cringey video I'd watch all week.

WHAT THE FUCK was that.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »
workers' self-management :heh

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »
wait, why are pop musicians talking about art ???

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »
i love how they're all sitting at a boardroom table pretending to understand anything without their writers and producers

it's like putting the cast of hunger games together in a room to ask them how we can help promote the cannes palmes d'or

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 12:23:18 PM »
I have an interest in lossless audophile feggitry but not at those pricing schemes. Either way I hope this succeeds as it's driving pure white hot rage into the hearts of musical 'purists' and old white people. Simply because of the musicians involved and for being a Spotify competitor.

(Image removed from quote.)

Quit lying about why you want this to succeed, Camel stan

:ufup
yar

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 12:29:09 PM »
I can't imagine many of these people think this will catch on, and are probably just scraping some coin off of minimal effort involvement. Who ever is putting up the money is fucking up though.

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 12:39:12 PM »
I can't imagine many of these people think this will catch on, and are probably just scraping some coin off of minimal effort involvement. Who ever is putting up the money is fucking up though.

"SoftBank Corp. is a Japanese multinational telecommunications and Internet corporation, with operations in broadband, fixed-line telecommunications, e-commerce, Internet, technology services, finance, media and marketing, and other businesses."

it's FOR THE MUSICIANS guys

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
If this project has a significant Japan focus, it might not be too stupid. The Japanese music market is still heavily into CDs, so if this company can leverage some influence (licensing, subscription plans, etc) they might manage to develop something there.

:larry

Nibel

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
Revolutionary. Authentic. Honest. Groundbreaking.

As a knowledgable music connoisseur who counts every single kbit and deletes every music file below 1440 kbits this is pretty lifechanging for me. You might not understand this, but right now I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, Beats by Dre on my ears and a smile on my face. This will change everything: instead just consuming music like apes we will finally be consumed by music itself. The age of booty will die, it will be about attractive ears again - as it should be!

SMH @ people mocking this. You not ready. You sitting at home in front of that Walmart PC listening to compressed MP3 files that sound like when iLoveMakonnen and Rick Ross oil up their bellys and push them against another. Shame on you. You should eat healthy and just like your nutrition you should keep some fucks about what goes inside your ears.

Grow up. Scust

yours, pretty FLACo #TidalForAll #TIDALChange
SWISH

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 12:59:20 PM »
Revolutionary. Authentic. Honest. Groundbreaking.

As a knowledgable music connoisseur who counts every single kbit and deletes every music file below 1440 kbits this is pretty lifechanging for me. You might not understand this, but right now I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, Beats by Dre on my ears and a smile on my face. This will change everything: instead just consuming music like apes we will finally be consumed by music itself. The age of booty will die, it will be about attractive ears again - as it should be!

SMH @ people mocking this. You not ready. You sitting at home in front of that Walmart PC listening to compressed MP3 files that sound like when iLoveMakonnen and Rick Ross oil up their bellys and push them against another. Shame on you. You should eat healthy and just like your nutrition you should keep some fucks about what goes inside your ears.

Grow up. Scust

yours, pretty FLACo #TidalForAll #TIDALChange
:dead

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 01:35:26 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with artists not wanting to get milked by streaming sites or their labels. Perhaps having the big artists come out in support of this will help struggling artists, who don't have the clout of a Jay-Z or Rhianna.

That being said, LOL @ marketing it as a social change movement, and the only way a regular plebe can participate is by shelling out cash. Most people are cool with paying for Netflix, and a lot of people pay for Spotify for some reason. It'll be interesting to see how this does over the year, compared to what iTunes is planning and Spotify.

I won't go all crazy making the comparison but it's funny how these people never seem to take stances on actually important or controversial issues that matter to people.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »
This has to be the worst marketing/PR I've ever seen. Holy shit. If your premise is "more money goes to the artist" showcase like young up & comers and explain how this will benefit indies. Don't have fucking millionare assholes talk about how important they are, toast champagne and sign the fucking declaration of independance.

Alicia Keyes quoted Nietzsche, guys.

How is this real?
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 02:09:35 PM »
Maybe this is viral marketing for a new Christopher Guest movie.
zzzzz

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 02:14:50 PM »

to which nietzsche responded, "bitch you don't know shit."

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 02:40:28 PM »
Musical artists should really be ignoring the 40 or so years of all of recorded history where they made more money from recording and selling copies of their music than they did from playing it live. Wanna make money? Tour. Stfu about "intellectual property" and recordings.
yar

sarslip

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »
iLoveMakonnen and Rick Ross oil up their bellys and push them against another.

:phil

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 03:02:53 PM »
Musical artists should really be ignoring the 40 or so years of all of recorded history where they made more money from recording and selling copies of their music than they did from playing it live. Wanna make money? Tour. Stfu about "intellectual property" and recordings.

Honestly the bigger problem is labels. Even if you tour, some of that revenue is going to your label considering that nearly everyone is signed to a 360 deal.

The obvious solution is to cut labels out and go independent. But people would rather get dat 1mil advance and have people book hotels and tour dates for them. Now is truly the best time to go independent. Social media makes it significantly easier to reach people with your music, Soundcloud makes it easy to "go viral" with a good song, etc. Fuck radio, fuck labels, just do your thing and make a good living. And then if you want to sign with a label later you'll have some leverage.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 04:04:34 PM »
But then you have to do actual work, instead of being provided with writers, editors, choreographers, P.R., etc.
WDW

Nibel

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »
Why yes, multi millionaires, I'll be happy to give you 20 dollars a month.

Insert no1curr.gif here.

Son that Beyonce high-class bleach doesn't pay itself #paleUp
SWISH

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 07:10:13 PM »
Maybe this was an aprils fool joke?

Also does this mean I will lose my 3 spotify jay z songs?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 07:07:57 AM »

to which nietzsche responded, "bitch you don't know shit."

Alicia Keys can spout Maoist doctrine at me, as long as she’s wearing something tight.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 04:09:53 PM »
Over the past couple days I've been seeing references to this, which I ignored, but I just now bothered to find out what it is, making use of this thread and Google among other resources. I am in favor of it, I think. Especially I'm really glad to finally see someone prominent come out as pro-Illuminati, which should make it easier for others to find the courage to do likewise and so lift the stigma over time.
QED

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 04:26:22 PM »
Over the past couple days I've been seeing references to this, which I ignored, but I just now bothered to find out what it is, making use of this thread and Google among other resources. I am in favor of it, I think. Especially I'm really glad to finally see someone prominent come out as pro-Illuminati, which should make it easier for others to find the courage to do likewise and so lift the stigma over time.