Author Topic: Splatoon: Inkling Ink Bukkake Battle  (Read 32746 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Splatoon is trash.
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »
 :huh
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »
WHY
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2015, 01:25:15 PM »
"Also, I would be in the game and Twilight Sparkle would try to seduce me, but I would have to resist her because I want to keep her pure until marriage."
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2015, 01:27:57 PM »
Is this going to be the first time that Nintendo has released an 'unfinished' game?

(Image removed from quote.)

:larry

I've hated on it before but Smash 3DS is still packed to the gills and has all the fighters as the Wii U version.

Don't forget Wind Waker.

This is a more accurate response.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
This game is the first.  I know, I know LOLZ OTHER GAMES but this title is clearly being released unfinished.  Never thought I'd see Nintendo doing this.
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2015, 08:47:30 PM »
itt: weebz
duc

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2015, 01:13:40 PM »
Hi

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2015, 01:46:36 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2015, 02:11:43 PM »
 :cac
ど助平

studyguy

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »
You're a kid now.
You're a squid now.

pause

Trent Dole

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2015, 02:30:23 PM »
Hi

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2015, 04:26:56 PM »
I am soooooooo stoked for Nintendo fans to have their own version of Sonic fans.

Tasty

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2015, 07:38:33 PM »
I am soooooooo stoked for Nintendo fans to have their own version of Sonic fans.

You never heard of Pokemon?

>:(

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2015, 11:31:11 PM »
You're a kid now.
You're a squid now.

you're the squid now dog

archie4208

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2015, 11:53:34 PM »
You're a kid now.
You're a squid now.

you're the squid now dog

That meme is older than Splatoon's intended audience.   :fbm

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2015, 12:14:40 AM »
You're a kid now.
You're a squid now.

you're the squid now dog

That meme is older than Splatoon's intended audience.   :fbm

And older than Splatoon's actual audience's fantasy girls. BOOM!
©@©™

Trent Dole

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2015, 02:11:40 AM »
Hi

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »

You never heard of Pokemon?

>:(

:dead

Cheddahz

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2015, 12:18:03 PM »
I'm not going to lie, but the music for this game (that's been heard so far) is just sweet

Trent Dole

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2015, 03:08:57 PM »
Lookit that loli squid vibing out. :uguu Also get some Mario Sunshine vibes from that gameplay...
Hi

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2015, 03:24:28 PM »
No

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2015, 04:27:24 AM »
81 metacritic

adjusted for Nintendo score inflation thats a 50 realscore

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2015, 09:21:02 AM »
Jim Sterling said the game is good.  Gotta get it now.

:yeshrug
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2015, 01:31:28 PM »
81 metacritic

adjusted for Nintendo score inflation thats a 50 realscore

:umad

Tasty

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
The game looks like a lot of fun. My brother asked for a Wii U for his present after finishing the school year. Going to pick up Bayonetta 2 and probably this when the features get added in.

Get MK8 plz :lawd

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2015, 01:41:10 PM »
The game looks like a lot of fun. My brother asked for a Wii U for his present after finishing the school year. Going to pick up Bayonetta 2 and probably this when the features get added in.

Get Bayonetta 2 da goat, Mario Kart 8, Smash, Hyrule Warriors, 3D World, and...uh...you're pretty much set with Wii U.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2015, 05:33:33 PM »

Get Bayonetta 2 da goat, Mario Kart 8, Smash, Hyrule Warriors, 3D World, and...uh...you're pretty much set with Wii U.

:holeup

Get DK or Toad before that trash.

Trent Dole

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2015, 05:58:55 PM »

Musou a best. 1v1 me m8 :punch
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »

You be treadin' on dangerous ground mon
:sheik
ど助平

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2015, 09:58:28 PM »
u 2 should settle ur quarrel like gentlefolks--splatoon at dawn

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2015, 11:01:02 PM »
DK sucks HW rules

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Splatoon: Inkling Ink Bukkake Battle
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2015, 10:16:58 AM »
MY SUPER-FRESH SPLATOON IMPRESSIONS DUDE

-They are trying too hard to be "hip and cool" with the look of the game and dialogue.  But I can give this a pass because I'm not in the target age demographic for this.   :P

-Went through the tutorial real quick.  Like the demo, you cannot change the controls and turn gyro aiming off until you complete it.  This is stupid.

-Tried my first online match.  You can't do ranked right off the bat; assuming they want you to play player matches and rank up first.  OK I guess, but why?

-It took entirely too long to get a match started.  It appears as though the game will not begin until eight players are available.  The eighth slot was not populating.  There is a timer counting down very slowly; no idea if the game starts if it hits zero, but it takes a good five minutes for that to happen.

-After several people dropped out, the slots all populated and the match started.

-Experienced noticeable lag and framerate drops.  (To be fair, I was playing on a wireless connection, however it's via a Netgear Nighthawk router, which gives a very strong, stable connection when gaming.  Will try wired next time however I don't think that was the reason why-- I played the beta test wirelessly and did not have these problems.)

-With one minute to go...I was disconnected and booted back to the main menu. 

-Tried again and got into a match must faster.  After about a minute, I got "Connection is unstable" and the game ended.  Again, I have not had any other problems playing games online, even on Wii U, using a wireless connection.

Great netcode, Nintendo!
:dead
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:26:49 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2015, 10:22:17 AM »
Sounds like crap, you should have just played TF2 and saved $60.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2015, 10:27:29 AM »
You can't use AMIIBO in TF2 :smug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:stahp
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2015, 10:34:49 AM »
WOW, I PLAYED A WHOLE MATCH WITHOUT LOSING THE CONNECTION!!!!   :o

:-\

Didn't mention that once you queue up to play a match, you are stuck waiting for it to begin unless you power off your system.  There is no way to back out and you can't bring up the Wii U home menu during this time. 
ど助平

Cheddahz

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »
The fact that you can't leave a queue without turning off the system is the most idiotic thing ever

spoiler (click to show/hide)
still going to get the game in a few days, because i'm an idiot
[close]

Kara

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2015, 11:29:15 AM »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »
this is seriously a product designed for kids under 10 I mean come on guys why are we doing this
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2015, 12:25:22 PM »
this is seriously a product designed for kids under 10 I mean come on guys why are we doing this

ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »

That's not a valid reason. :bolo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »
Got to level 4.  Still can't play ranked.  Had to play the same stupid mall stage over and over and over again for an hour.  Got incredibly boring.  When I asked about this on GAF the other day, I got responses like "I've played this for hours now and playing the same levels again and again is great," responses which I did not believe in the slightest.  It's great that they are adding more levels over the next couple of months.  That doesn't change the fact that you are forced to play on the same 1-2 stages until they rotate every hour or two.

And I'm still getting fucking communication errors.  Do great in a match that's about to end?  FUCK YOU YOUR SESSION HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED!

Despite all the flaws, there is definitely some fun to be had here.  I'm just not sure how much yet. 

That's not a valid reason. :bolo

ど助平

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2015, 02:35:47 PM »
I almost never do this (meaning go into a thread for a system I don't own and talk about a game on it), but the gaf hype on this game baffles me. I watched a few videos of it yesterday and it seemed kind of repetitive and boring. Like if this was out on any other system, it would be like an xbla psn title that people would be luke warm on.

That's a somewhat silly thing for me to say since I haven't it played it and maybe when you actually play it, the fun factor comes into play more which is the case with some games but on the outside looking in, the only way I would play it, is if it was a free to play title.

Maybe some who is really into it can explain the appeal for me without Nintendo goggles.

thisismyusername

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2015, 02:45:09 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »
At least Call of Duty doesn't disconnect me. :smug
Which Call of Duty are we talking about? United Offensive?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »
not gonna lie, this game looks fun as hell and kind of tempts me to....no, I can't.
:tocry

thisismyusername

benjipwns

« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2015, 04:17:20 PM »
not gonna lie, this game looks fun as hell and kind of tempts me to....no, I can't.
Didn't you watch this video?!?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »
I...I really like this game  :-\
püp

Kara

« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2015, 05:27:47 PM »
Didn't you watch this video?!?

It still kills me when he calls Newcastle a "small mining community north of London." :dead

Tasty

« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2015, 05:32:38 PM »
Not buying until it's $20 and they add local multiplayer.

benjipwns

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2015, 06:07:30 PM »
It still kills me when he calls Newcastle a "small mining community north of London." :dead
The like 19th century baby picture gets me.

Also when he calls Gears of War a real war.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2015, 06:18:48 PM »
there's no way possible to sync up two WiiU's and do a 4 on 4 lan for this (or Mario Kart) is there? And there won't ever be, will it?

I could see that setting being a whole heckava lotta fun, other then that... Well gee, I dunno.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2015, 08:00:04 PM »
Yeah, this game can be fun when it isn't disconnecting every two matches.   :-\  It's definitely not my connection.  I've been playing other stuff all day with no problems.

Really getting fucking tired of the same map over and over again.  It's also annoying as hell having to go through this stupid mini "cut scene" where two news reporters tell you which maps are in rotation.  You cannot skip this.

I think they should have delayed this to get it polished up and have all the "DLC" ready to go on the disc for release.  Does releasing it in May versus August or September really even make a difference for Nintendo?

It has local multiplayer already.

...Offline only.

1v1 only.

Half the framerate.

:lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2015, 08:13:49 PM »
I almost never do this (meaning go into a thread for a system I don't own and talk about a game on it), but the gaf hype on this game baffles me. I watched a few videos of it yesterday and it seemed kind of repetitive and boring. Like if this was out on any other system, it would be like an xbla psn title that people would be luke warm on.

I definitely have to agree with you there.  It's game-starved Nintendo fans getting hyped the hell up.

That's a somewhat silly thing for me to say since I haven't it played it and maybe when you actually play it, the fun factor comes into play more which is the case with some games but on the outside looking in, the only way I would play it, is if it was a free to play title.

Maybe some who is really into it can explain the appeal for me without Nintendo goggles.

Well, the game play is somewhat unique with the ink everywhere and squid transformations.  The game doesn't offer death match-style modes (I think it should have this, too) and instead focuses on taking over as much of the map as possible.  In fact, the real goal of a match isn't to rack up kills, but to take over territory.  You do this simply by shooting the ground (you can shoot walls too, but apparently this doesn't count and the game doesn't tell you that.   :lol ::)) with your gun, or running over it with a giant paint roller (which can also fire a quick, close-up burst of ink...I.E. it's the game's shotgun). 

Once you're covered an area with ink, you can then change into a squid on the fly and dive into it.  This does three things: it functions as your weapon reload, allows you to move at faster speeds/swim up walls or through fences that are normally inaccessible, and also acts as a dodge function of sorts for enemy fire.  The more ink you put down, the more a special meter fills up, which allows you to use a special weapon or ability for a limited time.

The game's depth comes from the ink "system."  Good players are constantly running around getting areas covered and diving in to keep a constant ammo supply, plus take out the opposing side.  The matches go extremely fast (they are only three minutes long) so you have to move very quickly to win.  One thing that helps is that when you respawn, you can tap on your teammates' locations on the gamepad map and get warped over to where they are, to get right back into things.

This is the kind of game where voice chat would really, really help (in fact the IGN video review guy said he felt like he was "cheating" when he used Skype to talk with his friends) because this is absolutely a team effort and going solo isn't going to do much to win. 

So there are things to like about this game, but it just feels unfinished/unpolished and the 2 map rotation thing they have going on absolutely sucks.  Hopefully the game will be improved by the end of the summer.  It definitely needs that upcoming DLC, which thankfully is all free.  Well, the maps and new features, anyway- the game's real "DLC" requires those stupid Amiibos...

...Which I ordered. 
:stahp
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2015, 09:22:18 PM »

It has local multiplayer already.

...Offline only.

1v1 only.

Half the framerate.

:lol

Training mode only right? Lol fuck that.

Don't give me the "gamepad is the only way the game works!" BS. Find a way to make it work with three other Pro Controllers. Kthx.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »
No, just one on one...because Nintendo is stupid?  LOL DUNNO

And it clearly doesn't need the game pad since player 2 wouldn't use it! 
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2015, 09:25:44 PM »
No, just one on one...because Nintendo is stupid?  LOL DUNNO

And it clearly doesn't need the game pad since player 2 wouldn't use it!

I heard 1v1 local was "battle dojo" only or something, aka training mode.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2015, 09:48:51 PM »
How is one on one "training mode?" 
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »
there's no way possible to sync up two WiiU's and do a 4 on 4 lan for this (or Mario Kart) is there? And there won't ever be, will it?

I could see that setting being a whole heckava lotta fun, other then that... Well gee, I dunno.

You can connect two GameCubes and play 8-player Mario Kart, tho. :hitler
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2015, 10:20:57 PM »
How is one on one "training mode?"

I dunno. That's just what I heard Battle Dojo is. Limited options or something.