Author Topic: ASH VS EVIL DEAD  (Read 6022 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: ASH VS EVIL DEAD
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »
I haven't watched since episode 4, but yeah. I even liked the supporting cast, just didn't really click with me for whatever reason. Wish they'd made another movie instead.
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2015, 01:54:25 PM »
I like it and don't find it disappointing. Weakest member of the cast was the detective but even that has paid of in this last ep. The fake blood doesn't really bug me here since its sorta mimicking some of the cheaper fx shots of the old movies. Idk if I'd call the show great but I would put it above average to good.

Tasty

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
EVIL DEAD :rock

:rock :aah :rock

Haven't seen past episode two since I gave up Starz when I dropped to the lowest Comcast subscription. Will marathon it when it hits Google Play but I thought the first two episodes were awesome.

Of course, I had adjusted my expectations. It's exactly what I expected out of a serialized 1-hour 30-minute television show sequel to the Evil Dead. I was looking forward to ten five hours of new Evil Dead content more than a new 90-minute entry, even if the cool moments were spaced out more because of it.

Only thing is I wish Raimi had directed every episode but that very rarely happens so whatevs.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:26:24 PM by Tasty Meat »

Tasty

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2015, 04:25:36 PM »
:rock :rock ALSO THERE'S A SECOND SEASON ON THE WAY WITH TED RAIMI IN IT :rock :rock

Tasty

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »
Oh look, it's the only good thing in the remake. That's like posting a GIF of Godzilla using his atomic breath and calling that movie awesome.

I've posted enough about it before but I enjoyed the 2013 movie for what it was. Same with this show. :yeshrug

You're expecting another Evil Dead 2 but that's like expecting another Citizen Kane or The Last of Us. Just not going to happen.

Tasty

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »
I mean even a "mediocre" Evil Dead show is worth watching over 99% of other TV.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2015, 09:48:54 PM »
If this somehow results in Evil Dead 4 being made, then it will have all been worth it.
©@©™

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »
Got around to finishing up Season 1. I thought it got stronger as it went on and upped the gore which was a good thing. I also liked the ending to Season 1. Fit his character.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2016, 07:07:37 PM »
I am on the fence about the ending. It /does/ seem in character to just kick responsibility down the road, and it's par for the franchise to just kill anyone they want off, but the whole thing felt strangely bereft of weight by the finale.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2016, 06:48:32 PM »
http://io9.gizmodo.com/ash-goes-home-in-the-ash-vs-evil-dead-red-band-trailer-1783930817

Looks good. I'm in for more.

Ivan Raimi finally shows up! (and Lee Majors!)

Tasty

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2016, 04:01:37 PM »
http://io9.gizmodo.com/ash-goes-home-in-the-ash-vs-evil-dead-red-band-trailer-1783930817

You mean Ted Raimi/the fake shemp?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2016, 08:31:35 PM »

You mean Ted Raimi/the fake shemp?

Damnit.

Yes.

I totally had a nausea-making headache all day yesterday. Can I blame that?